15 replies to this topic

#1 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 03:59 PM

Is there someone that knows a VERY GOOD document to HTML converters? For long texts. The most important is to keep text formating, and I want it a basic HTML, since what I really want is to copy and past the html code somewhere else that scrap the formating each time there is a little complext thing.

I have tried many, but still am searching, I can't believe that with all those web sites, and how the internet is so widely used, there isen't one good such converter that I was able to find.

#2 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 04:33 PM

What's wrong with word? So the question is, what kind of document is it and how complex?

#3 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 29 October 2003 - 04:36 PM

I think the best HTML converter I ever found was Notepad, but you do need to know HTML basics as well.

#4 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 04:45 PM

I think the best HTML converter I ever found was Notepad, but you do need to know HTML basics as well.

I was sure that you or Sip would come with that.

OK, since notepad is the best for you, which one is the second best? :lol:

#5 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 04:47 PM

What's wrong with word? So the question is, what kind of document is it and how complex?

Formated texts, like Word etc... Word html converter generate html code not well recognised when I copy and past it where I want.

#6 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:02 PM

I found word documents problematic... Have you tried Homesite? I think it's got an import RTF function - can't be too sure though... No time to check, Domino - if I find something out, I'll let you know.

#7 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:08 PM

Ok. I have never used it, but I hear Dreamweaver HTML generator si the best. And I think all you have to do is open the Word document, select all(CTRL-A) and paste it in Dreamweaver. and Dreamweaver will generate the HTML for you

#8 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:11 PM

Ok. I have never used it, but I hear Dreamweaver HTML generator si the best. And I think all you have to do is open the Word document, select all(CTRL-A) and paste it in Dreamweaver. and Dreamweaver will generate the HTML for you

I'm a dumba.ss. I do have that program, and never tried it to generate html.

#9 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:24 PM

Does dreamweaver keep the original word formatting (bold, italic, etc)? I tried it doesn't, maybe there is a way around?

#10 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:30 PM

Does dreamweaver keep the original word formatting (bold, italic, etc)? I tried it doesn't, maybe there is a way around?

Bwaaaaaaaaaa......... You just blowed my bubble Sasun. :( You didn't even permitted me to hope it could work until I realise it myself. :huh:

I will still try it. :)

BTW congradulation as moderator. :) I hope you won't edit or delete any of my theories which you don't agree with. Else all my posts would get edited. :lol: :D :lol:

Edited by Fadix, 29 October 2003 - 05:35 PM.

#11 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,596 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:37 PM

Fedi jan just use / import in Front page2000 / and it will be just fine

MOvses

#12 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:38 PM

Bwaaaaaaaaaa......... You just blowed my bubble Sasun. :( I didn't even permitted me to hope it could work until I realise it myself. :huh:

I will still try it. :)

BTW congradulation as moderator. :) I hope you won't edit or delete any of my theories which you don't agree with. Else all my posts would get edited. :lol: :D :lol:

Thanks Domino :) You are having the right thought why I became a moderator. As soon as I have time you will see if there is any trace of your multiple universe theories on this forum :lol: :lol: :P

About dreamweaver, why don't you try? Maybe there is a way, I just tried once. Even if not, just do the formatting later, it shouldn't be hard I think. Instead of formatting your text format in dreamweaver.

#13 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:45 PM

Thanks Domino :) You are having the right thought why I became a moderator. As soon as I have time you will see if there is any trace of your multiple universe theories on this forum  :lol:  :lol:  :P 

About dreamweaver, why don't you try? Maybe there is a way, I just tried once. Even if not, just do the formatting later, it shouldn't be hard I think. Instead of formatting your text format in dreamweaver.

I have used that software many times, it's my favoured one, but I never thought using it as html generator.

But the formating is important, I could do it myself yes! But, what if it is a hundred page work which I want to adapt. :D

Does it keep the aligning of the text as block? I don't know if you understand what I mean.

Edited by Fadix, 29 October 2003 - 05:46 PM.

#14 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:51 PM

I don't know if you understand what I mean.

That's what happens all the time ;) Did you try what Movses suggests also?

#15 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 06:07 PM

Fedi jan just use / import in Front page2000 / and it will be just fine

MOvses

Oh, I missed that post. Frontpage does problems as well(some of those are the sames as word), so far, openoffice was the best, but it scrap the block lignings.

#16 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 01:48 AM

Try this
- Open the document in Wordpad
- Go to Edit->Select All, Edit -> Copy
- Open FrontPage and do Edit->Paste

This will generate clean HTML without any Word specific formatting

Another way is to save the document as HTML file in WOrd and then use Dreamveawer's Cleanup Word HTML command to do cleanup. But it will still use CSS tags to keep the formatting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users