• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Americans, specially kids, love their chicken nuggets from fast food outlets. I remember once buying it, and saying to myself while eating them: This does not taste like chicken breast cutlets that I buy from market and cook them myself; they taste of something else...something like fake chicken breast meat. So stopped eating those chicken nuggets. Lately I discovered this something after reading this article by James Hamblin "Look Inside a Chicken Nugget":

The chicken nugget can conjure purity. No buns, pickles, or bones. Not many carbs, apart from the breading. This is simplicity delivered economically, flightless birds, protein for the protein-hungry America of today—or, to followers of Michael Pollan, the corn-fed-meat-wrapped-in-corn-preserved-breading-dipped-in-corn-sweetened-goo kind of purity.

Richard D. deShazo, MD, is a distinguished professor of medicine and pediatrics at University of Mississippi Medical Center. He does not see purity. At least, not anymore.

“I was floored. I was astounded,” deShazo said of the moment he looked at a chicken nugget under a microscope.

Continue reading at this link to see what deShazo saw with photos:
http://www.theatlant...-nugget/280720/

#2 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

If your google: Pink Slime, you will find, this is a very similar item, possible minus ammonia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users