• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#41 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (gevo27 @ May 24 2004, 08:18 PM)
Philosophy 150 smile.gif... i never thaught id hear this term again. hehe.. thx Anoushik.. i gues.. HAHA..  wink.gif

Uhm... you're welcome. tongue.gif Actually for me it was Philosophy 25, two years ago. The best class I ever took. And the professor was great. Man, I'm getting all nostalgic about that class. sad.gif

Off topic, but I just noticed this smilie -----> kwasny.gif

biggrin.gif

#42 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ May 24 2004, 08:22 PM)
...sooner or later he world is going to be populated by homosexuals...

Angel, you think homosexuality is contagious?

Welcome back, btw. smile.gif

#43 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:41 AM

i think theres no need to sit here and argue while people are actually doing what theyre doing at this moment

Strong argument. Extrapolate to pedophiles, rapists...

The issue of whether homossexuals are mentally ill or not is irrelevant

No it is not if we are considering their ability to raise children.

If you respect laws that are not discriminatory and pay your taxes there is no reason whatsoever for the State not to recognize your choices

My remark on legalism was directed to you. I realize now it is quite beyond your comprehension as a libertarian saturated with enlightenment thought and "spirit".

#44 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 25 May 2004 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (axel @ May 25 2004, 07:41 AM)
My remark on legalism was directed to you. I realize now it is quite beyond your comprehension as a libertarian saturated with enlightenment thought and "spirit".

Yes, dear Axel, not all of us are endowed with the deepest religious spirit and stronger connection to God that you are and must hence suffer in the darkness of their ignorance while you lead the people into salvation. It would be nice if you discussed ideas but your preference for ad hominem has been duly noted.

Is Solzhenitsyn one of you "heroes" ?

#45 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (Boghos @ May 25 2004, 09:19 AM)
Yes, dear Axel, not all of us are endowed with the deepest religious spirit and stronger connection to God that you are and must hence suffer in the darkness of their ignorance while you lead the people into salvation. It would be nice if you discussed ideas but your preference for ad hominem has been duly noted.

Is Solzhenitsyn one of you "heroes" ?

About your "ideas", well nothing worth debating really. I am not trying to defeat your "arguments" with ad hominem attacks so your remark is pointless. You made one remark about the supposed irrelevance of mental-illness that was quite telling of your actual potential for reasoning. I picked it up, you chose to ignore it and concentrated on the observation that there is no room for understanding between the two of us (for the reasons I outlined above), a simple statement of fact.

As to your scorning Solzhenitsyn with this irony-filled question, it is revealing of how mediocre an individual you are. And yes the latter is ad hominem, I couldn't care less.

Edited by axel, 25 May 2004 - 04:27 AM.

#46 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:43 AM

Dear Axel,

What can I expect from a semi-literate lumpen proleatarian that says that most psychiatrists are homossexuals. You seem to be confused by your own latent homossexuality, ethnic insecurity, religious fanaticism and desire for revenge. Your arguments lack any subtlety, you are deprived of the most basic knowledge except for the one that comes from reading your tabloids and one or another apparently smart quote.

What is your purpose here my friend ? Do not let rage come up so quickly, it is not good at all. Self-control is good sometimes, whatever your "mission" on earth might be.

#47 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:58 AM

Do not let rage come up so quickly, it is not good at all. Self-control is good sometimes

You said it yourself.

#48 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:06 AM

Yes, do remember my words when you are in a public square, Bible in one hand and a microphone in the other...

#49 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:18 AM

I think it is people who can't smile or who have no sense of humour that are mentally ill.

Edited by Stormig, 25 May 2004 - 05:19 AM.

#50 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:24 AM

Yes, do remember my words when you are in a public square, Bible in one hand and a microphone in the other...

What a laugh! You definitely have no clue about my background & personality.
But I wouldn't want to disappoint you so here's one bible quote that complements my previous post

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" (Mat 7:3)

I think it is people who can't smile or who have no sense of humour that are mentally ill.

L'hiver, c'est moi.

Edited by axel, 25 May 2004 - 05:25 AM.

#51 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (axel @ May 25 2004, 11:24 AM)
L'hiver, c'est moi.

I gotta hand it to ya, you're very smart for being able to tell I was thinking about you. smile.gif

#52 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:44 AM

Hello Axel,

So, tell us how do you deal with your repressed homeorotic tendencies, aside from being a sad and aggressive human being ?

#53 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:49 AM

Only truth hurts and I am afraid you are well off target. Maybe I should fake anger in order to alleviate your pain but I regret this is beyond my abilities.

#54 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 08:26 AM

Give it a try...

#55 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:00 AM

I'd rather write Stormig a poem so she can brag about it on HyeForum.

#56 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:00 AM

My next-door neighbor unmarried ex or present drug dealer has two boys from previous girlfriend and one newly born (poor kid) boy from present dysfunctional girlfriend relationship.
When the boys see the father once in a month I can’t help but feel the pain and the neediness in their faces and after spending few hours with them(tried to teach them chess) they grew more fond of me, a perfect stranger then their own father. These kids are totally neglected deprived of love, instruction; direction, in short if nothing is to be done they most probably would become another statistic in jails.
Good parenting gay or not is more, much more important then lack of it.

Edited by Armat, 25 May 2004 - 09:44 AM.

#57 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:47 AM

So your solution to this problem is taking the child out of the hands of his neglectful parents and giving him to gay "parents"? Is that the actual problem gay adoption is trying to address or will this problem remain after gays are granted this "right"? "Good parents being scarce, we should also look into gay "parents", who knows, we might find good ones there". Is that your argument for gays adopting children?

PS: This is my last post in this sickening thread.

#58 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (axel @ May 25 2004, 09:47 AM)
So your solution to this problem is taking the child out of the hands of his neglectful parents and giving him to gay "parents"? Is that the actual problem gay adoption is trying to address or will this problem remain after gays are granted this "right"? "Good parents being scarce, we should also look into gay "parents", who knows, we might find good ones there". Is that your argument for gays adopting children?

PS: This is my last post in this sickening thread.

Hi Axel
I did not offer any solutions.My point was pretty clear,good parenting transcends gender issues.

#59 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:44 AM

Folks - please no personal attacks.

#60 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (axel @ May 25 2004, 03:00 PM)
I'd rather write Stormig a poem so she can brag about it on HyeForum.

Ew, I'd rather not imagine what it would be about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users