• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 01 September 2001 - 06:03 AM

ara baliozian
Member # 271
posted July 27, 2001 07:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES & COMMENTS
A good friend of mine, a medical doctor, tells me, based on his own statistical studies, trying to communicate with Armenians can be 10.89 times more carcinogenic than smoking five packs of unfiltered cigarettes a day.
An Armenian loves to contradict but hates to be contradicted.

Some of my readers think I say strange, unorthodox, unpatriotic things because they have not read our writers. It is almost as if they were equating Armenianism with total ignorance of Armenian literature. They remind me of Catholics who are not encouraged to read the Bible lest they misunderstand it.

An Armenian will get so emotionally involved in his efforts to prove that he knows better and he is wiser that he will fail to notice that he has taken leave of his senses and is uttering inanities worthy of a certified moron.

"We have problems, sure! (goes a typical Armenian cliché) but so have other nations. Name a single nation without problems."
Yes, of course! But our problems are of genocidal dimensions, and unlike other nations, we are dysfunctional; and because we refuse to acknowledge that fact, we fail to come to grips with reality.

--------------------

ara baliozian

#22 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 01 September 2001 - 06:08 AM

ara baliozian
Member # 271
posted August 21, 2001 06:57 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES / COMMENTS
It is the easiest thing in the world to tell the difference between an honest disagreement and a smart-aleck contradiction. A smart-aleck contradiction is 99% arrogance and 1% nonsense.
There are two ways of reacting to an unfamiliar idea: "I disagree with you," and "You are an idiot!" The first is a statement of fact, the second, a confession.

The validity of an idea my also be gauged by the number of fools who conspire to reject it.

A fool’s insults are more to be valued than his praises.

A fool will never admit to being a fool. Murderers may confess, fools never!

Mohammedan proverb: "If you hear that a mountain has moved, believe; but if you hear that a man has changed his character, believe it not."

Elizabeth Barrett Browning: "The Devil is most devilish when respectable."

--------------------

ara baliozian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users