#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2000 - 02:03 PM

Sebu Simonian - vocals, keyboards
Sam Babayan - guitar, vocals
Narek Pogosyan - bass, keyboards, vocals
Vigen Sayadian - drums, vocals

The evolution of this L.A.-based space-rock/psychedelic-pop quartet began in the mid 1990s, when a group of young budding musicians started experimenting in various musical projects and rock bands. After a few years of trying out different formats and personnel, the line-up of io (eye-oh) was finalized in April 1997, when the four current members teamed up to begin a project unlike any other. Band members Sebu, Sam, Narek and Vigen have combined their plethora of musical backgrounds to create an inventive sound that is surprisingly original and hypnotically catchy.

Amidst the glitz and glamour of the bizarre and often skewed Hollywood entertainment industry, this hardworking band remains true to the art of music and the suspension of disbelief. All four members engage in the process of writing songs that are lyrically emotive, melodically appealing, sonically dynamic, and rhythmically passionate. io ventures into a wide range of themes both lyrically and musically. They sing about love, hate, deception, trust, freedom, justice, and euphoria.

Like a roller coaster ride, the band's live performance is intense, artistic and fun; their fans attend io concerts religiously and have begun to pack local clubs, including the El Rey, Troubadour, Roxy and Whisky. The band has also performed at local colleges and made appearances on several television stations. Three io EPs have been dispersed among an ever-growing fan base.

The band's name comes from a mythological character. Zeus transformed Io, one of his mistresses, into a heifer, or virgin cow, to protect her from his enraged wife Hera. Zeus' Roman name is Jupiter, and today, Io revolves around the mighty gaseous planet as a highly volcanic moon.

http://www.ioband.com

[This message has been edited by Pilafhead (edited November 10, 2000).]

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2000 - 06:14 PM

Mike,

Amazing. Excellent. Proud of them!

PS: I don't know how good mathematician you are, but you can make a carrier as a RolingStone columnist!

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2000 - 10:35 PM

Actually, I didn't write that...I copied it from their website. Thanks for the intended compliment, though!

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2000 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, IO is an interesting band. It's kinda funny reading this because I know the guys this is about...lol (vigen i don't know much about though)...It's also interesting because they're all such different people, with such different personalities, it's a wonder they can work together. I don't want to attach any labels to the guys here on the forum, but I have my own nicknames for them, like "Narek the .....", that's how different they are. I'm proud of them, they've come such a long way from when they first started. I think their sound is very unique, but I myself have to be in one of those moods to be able to listen to it...lol It's not "everyday" music. Anyway, go IO!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users