Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Armenian Genocide Related Scanned Documents (Unique Topic)

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#41 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:20 AM

No Problem,

welcome to hyeforum, which part of Kharpert is your ancestors from, do you know by any chance?

my wifes family is from Bazmashen, my own Fathers side is from Mush, Mothers from Khoy Salmast-Jugha-to Iranian Namakert.

while vacationing in Jermuk Armenia I noticed almost everyone is Vayq and surrounding areas can pin point there roots to Sasun and Mush to Khoy and Salmast.

right now I'm doing more research to that regard, many from Sasun, and Mush in general escaped or fled hamidian massacres and settled in Khoy-Salmast, while in his faymous book by Khachik Dashtents (Ranchparneri Kanche) it mentions how Andranik and maxluto (Smbat Boroyan) had gone to Salmast and recruited under there wing old fighters from Sasun.

its an amazing story. I start to believe many in Syuniq are direct descendents of Mush remnant population.

#42 NoComment

NoComment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:03 AM

I just found recently (nearly 2 years ago I think) that our surname wasn´t the one we got in Kharpert, very difficult to have any chance to know more about our ancestor as my grand-parents (father side) were young orphans.

we just begin to rediscover ourselves and the amazing stories are so numerous every time we look in our book

see you

#43 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(NoComment @ Dec 5 2007, 05:03 PM)
I just found recently (nearly 2 years ago I think) that our surname wasn´t the one we got in Kharpert, very difficult to have any chance to know more about our ancestor as my grand-parents (father side) were young orphans.

we just begin to rediscover ourselves and the amazing stories are so numerous every time we look in our book

see you

You mean that your present furckish surname of "CHIRKINIAN" to mean "UGLY", Stanbul-ian, Izmirl-ian, Bokh-jali-kakli-ian is not your anecstral surname like Mamikonian, Arshakuni, Aramian, Tigranian or Yerevanian ???
Why is it that we must know furkish to see that in their language a surname like "bokh-jali-ian" (bundle) also mean "shit collector-diaper"?

Edited by Arpa, 05 December 2007 - 12:10 PM.

#44 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Dec 5 2007, 01:04 PM)
You mean that your present furckish surname of "CHIRKINIAN" to mean "UGLY", Stanbul-ian, Izmirl-ian, Bokh-jali-kakli-ian is not your anecstral surname like Mamikonian, Arshakuni, Aramian, Tigranian or Yerevanian ???
Why is it that we must know furkish to see that in their language a surname like "bokh-jali-ian" (bundle) also mean "shit collector-diaper"?

Arpa what is the relevance of this post with NoComment?
Please either edit this to make it as a general post or better remove it altogether and I will remove my post afterwards.

Thank you.

#45 NoComment

NoComment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

absolutely not,

I have a name beginning by M, and found out that our real name was/is Aprahamian, a difference witch have nothing to do with your so called furkish name

and if I did have a furkish name, in witch way should I be surprised or offensed that it is/was a furkish name, I´m an armenian, and I will as so furkish all the ones who doesn´t respect my origine and my name ...

I haven´t seen so many armenian people issued from the genocide using "lolig" for tomato, did you ?
I hope that the survivors who did use an furkish name (as tomatés for tomato) were then not excommunicated ...

#46 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(NoComment @ Dec 5 2007, 06:49 PM)
absolutely not,

I have a name beginning by M, and found out that our real name was/is Aprahamian, a difference witch have nothing to do with your so called furkish name

and if I did have a furkish name, in witch way should I be surprised or offensed that it is/was a furkish name, I´m an armenian, and I will as so furkish all the ones who doesn´t respect my origine and my name ...
I haven´t seen so many armenian people issued from the genocide using "lolig" for tomato, did you ?
I hope that the survivors who did use an furkish name (as tomatés for tomato) were then not excommunicated ...

Good for you. And welcome.
With all due respects to Yervant above. I do at times, more often than not use strong language when it comes to this subject. It hurts me, I mean, it hurts me to see, day after day, people come here and other sites begging to be liberated of their furkish surnames but not knowing how.
Not knowing how? How would they know when more than half of our bishops an Catholicoses have or have had furkish surnames themseleves. When we have presidential candiadates with names like "demirji-oghlu-ian" (even furkish candiadates don't have such furkish surnames). It will be the end of Armenia and the Armenian nation when someone with surname like Demirji-ian or Kurd-oghlu-ian (both real and actual) becomes the president of Armenia. If and when that hppens I will change my surname to Indo-nes-ian or Niger-ian.
Yes, it does HURT me when we have no guidance and help to find our ancestral surnames or, in the least find approprite Armenian family names.
Someone should start a program to help all those who wish to rid themselves of ugly, pejorative and insultfu furkish surnames.
I am willing.
But who is asking me?
A good example would be this- Norian;
http://www.boston.co...hard_to_forget/
I know this man, I know the family. And for those, like Remain Faithful who may wonder. Yes, he is the brother of Rev. Soghomon Nuyujikian
Their story is somewhat convoluted if ingenious. Their original furko-Armenian surname was Nuyujukian. They were never happy and comfortable with it, until the children came up with an ingenoius idea. They took the first syllable "nuy/new", changed to Armenian "nor" and VOILA!!!
How much simpler, if ingenious can it be!!??

Edited by Arpa, 05 December 2007 - 04:58 PM.

#47 NoComment

NoComment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

I still not understand why it is such a big deal for you, we inherit the names we got, and due to our history with centuries of furkish domination what can we really expect
it didn´t stop them to exterminate, torture the armenians with this kind of a furkish name

did I pass succesfully the test to be one of "yours"
as you wrote 4750 posts, I´m just wondering?

#48 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:32 AM

He has a thing with his own last name, and he hasn't heard of mine smile.gif do not worry and feel welcomed here,
Arpa is our most "youngest" Member here, he sometimes has tenancy to loose his physicians, i meant petiants:)

Arpa jan amen inch lava hopar? smile.gif

#49 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:46 AM

http://www.armenews....ctober_1915.pdf

#50 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:07 PM

Wow, thank you!

#51 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(Maral @ Dec 13 2007, 04:46 PM)

Maral , we love you!! I hate to burst your bubble. But was not this alerady posted?
http://hyeforum.com/...showtopic=17139
Which, I am sorry to say, got 0 responses.

#52 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Dec 13 2007, 03:22 PM)
Maral , we love you!! I hate to burst your bubble. But was not this alerady posted?
http://hyeforum.com/...showtopic=17139
Which, I am sorry to say, got 0 responses.

yes I guess it was already posted...sorry guys,first time I had seen it though...

#53 24avril1915

24avril1915

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

« L’illustration » Numéro De Noël En Date Du 28 Novembre 1891

http://www.armenews....d_article=24653

Edited by Yervant1, 06 April 2008 - 10:51 PM.

#54 24avril1915

24avril1915

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:57 AM

Memorial book of the Armenian martyrdom (1915-1965)
http://www.armenews....d_article=37110

#55 24avril1915

24avril1915

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 03:32 AM

Ship Armenie 1879

http://picasaweb.google.com/armenews

In 1924 , the name Armenie was changed ror not offended the turkey .

Edited by Yervant1, 06 April 2008 - 10:50 PM.

#56 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 25 December 2007 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (24avril1915 @ Dec 25 2007, 03:32 AM)
http://picasaweb.google.com/armenews

In 1924 , the name Armenie was changed ror not offended the turkey .

Everything in there is French, anyway to have the translated version of that article, where it states the change of the name?

#57 24avril1915

24avril1915

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Ashotna @ Dec 25 2007, 10:39 AM)
Everything in there is French, anyway to have the translated version of that article, where it states the change of the name?

Google translation :
http://translate.goo...t...fr&ie=UTF-8

#58 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 25 December 2007 - 01:45 PM

Good infor thank you for the Post!!!

#59 24avril1915

24avril1915

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:40 AM

Retracing The Footsteps Of Our Forefathers - Susan Kelekian - 1977 :

http://www.armenews....d_article=37091

Edited by Yervant1, 06 April 2008 - 10:48 PM.

#60 24avril1915

24avril1915

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

The Armenian Refugee Camp In Aleppo 1922-1936

http://www.armenews....d_article=37114

Edited by Yervant1, 06 April 2008 - 10:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users