• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

A book has been published, Nov. 2013, that "documents what is possibly the third foundational source of Islam: the Prophet's treaties and covenants among people of the Abrahamic faiths. Dr. Morrow, the author, brings forth exceptionally important findings that dictate peaceful coexistence among Jews, Christians, and Muslims, and includes multiple translations for comparison of how the Prophet and his followers treated Christians and Jews with respect and care, far beyond a mere tolerance." writes Bridget Blomfield of University of Nebraska.

======================

The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of the World (II)

http://covenantsofth...the-world-1538/

(Rediscovered by Dr. Morrow and first published in 2013 from a manuscript which dates to 1538 CE)

[By the Prophet Muhammad]

[Translated by John Andrew Morrow in 2013]

In the Name of Allah, the Creator [al-Khaliq], the Living [al-Hayy], the Speaking [al-Natiq], the One who Remains after the Annihilation of Creation [al-Baqi ba‘d fana’ al-khaliq].

This is a copy [nushah] of the covenant [‘ahd] which was written by Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib for all the Christians [nasara].

Copy [nuskhah] of the Covenant [kitab al-‘ahd]

This covenant of Allah [‘ahd Allah] was ordered to be written by Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him and his family [alihi], to all the Christians and all the monks, to guard and protect them, because they are Allah’s trust among His Creations [wadi‘at Allah fi khalqihi] in order for the covenant to be a proof [hujjah] against them and there would be no claim against Allah after the Messenger. He made this a protection [dhimmah] from him and a protection for them by the authority of Allah, for Allah is All-Mighty [‘Aziz] and All-Wise [Hakim]. It was written by the Lion [asad] and the People of His Vocation [ahl al-millati] to all those who profess the Christian religion [da‘wat al-nasraniyyah] in the Eastern lands and its West, near and far, be they Arabs or non-Arabs [‘ajami], known or unknown, as a covenant [‘ahd] from him, a justice and tradition to be preserved.

He who observes it holds to his Islam and is worthy of his religion [din]. He who breaks it [nakatha] and jeopardizes the covenant [‘ahd] which was ordered by the Messenger of Allah, and changes it, and transgresses what has been commanded, has rejected the Covenant of Allah [‘ahd Allah], denies the Oath of Allah [mithaq Allah], disdains his religion, and merits His Maledictions, whether he is a Sultan or anyone else among the believers [mu’minin] and the Muslims.

I started by committing myself to the covenant, granted alliances [uhud] and pledges [mawathiq] to those who requested them from me and from all of my Muslim Community [millati min al-muslimin]. I gave them the Covenant of Allah [ahd Allah] and His Pledge [mithaq] and I placed them under the safeguard of His Prophets, His Chosen Ones [asfiya], His Friends [awliyyah] from among all the Believers [mu’minin] and the Muslims over time. My protection [dhimmati] and my security [mithaqi] represent the most solid covenant that Allah, the Most Exalted, has given a prophet sent in truth to demand obedience, to give obligations [farida], and to respect the covenant [‘ahd].

The covenant of Allah [‘ahd Allah] is that I should protect their land [‘ard], their monasteries [al-diyar], with my power [qudrah], my horses, my men, my weapons [silahi], my strength [quwwati], and my Muslim followers [atba] in any region, far away or close by, and that I should protect their businesses. I grant security to them, their churches, their businesses, their houses of worship [buyut salawatihim], the places of their monks, the places of their pilgrims, wherever they may be found, be they in the mountains or the valleys, caves or inhabited regions, the plains or the desert and that I should protect their dhimmah, their faith [millah], and their religion [din], wherever they may be found in the East or West, in the sea or on land, the same way that I protect myself, my entourage [khasati], and the People of my Community [ahl al-millati] among the Muslims.

I place them under my protection [dhimmah], my security [mithaq], and my trust [aman] at every moment. I defend them from any damage, harm [makruh] or retribution [tabi‘a]. I am behind them, protecting them from every enemy or anyone who wishes them harm [muhdi]. I sacrifice myself for them by means of my helpers [a‘wani], my followers [atbai], and the People of my Community [ahl al-millah] because they are my flock [ra‘iyyah] and the people under my protection [ahl al-dhimmati], I extend [amudu] my authority [sulta], my care [ri‘ayyah], and my protection over them from every harm [makruh] so that it does not reach them. No harm will reach them unless it reaches my Companions [ashab] who [are there to] protect them and assist Islam [nusrat].

I remove from them the harm from taxes and loan in the supplies borne to the People of the Pact [ahl al-ahd] except what they themselves consent to give. They should not be compelled or unfairly treated in this matter.

It is not permitted to remove a bishop from his bishopric, a monk from his monastic life, a Christian from his Christianity, an ascetic [zahid] from his tower, or a pilgrim from his pilgrimage. Nor is it permitted to destroy any part of their churches or their businesses or to take parts of their buildings to construct mosques or the homes of believing Muslims [mu’minin al-muslimin]. Whoever does such a thing will have violated the covenant of Allah [‘ahd Allah], disobeyed [khalafa] his Messenger, and deviated [hadha] from His Divine Alliance.

It is not permitted to impose a capitation [jizyah] or any kind of land tribute [kharaj] on monks, bishops or those who are worshippers among them, who, by devotion, wear woolen clothing [al-suf] or live alone in the mountains or in other regions secluded from human presence.

The capitation [jizyah] will be applied to those Christians who are not clerics [man la yattabad] with the exception of the monk and the pilgrim in the amount of four dirhams per year or an inexpensive cloak [tawb]. He who does not have the money or the food with which to feed himself, the Muslims will help him by means of the savings stored in the Treasury [bayt al-mal]. If they find difficulties in securing food, the Muslims will also help them, provided they willingly accept.

May the land tribute [jizyah al-kharaj] on big business by land or sea, pearl-diving, mining for precious stones, gold and silver, or those who are wealthy among those who profess the Christian faith, not exceed twelve dirhams [fiddah] per year, so long as they are inhabitants and residents in these countries.

May nothing similar be demanded of travelers, who are not residents of the country or wayfarers whose country of residence is unknown. There shall be no land tax with capitation for others than those who own land as will the other occupants of lands over which the ruler has a right. They will pay taxes as others pay them without, however, the charges unjustly exceeding the measure of their means. As for the labor force which the owners spend upon to cultivate these lands, to render them fertile, and to harvest them, they are not to be taxed excessively. Let them pay in the same fashion and justly that which was imposed on other similar tributaries.

The people under our protection [ahl al-dhimmah] will not be obliged to go to war with the Muslims in order to combat their enemies and to attack them. Indeed, the people under our protection [ahl al-dhimmah] are not to engage in war. It is precisely to discharge them of this obligation that this pact has been granted to them as well as to assure them the help and protection of the Muslims. They will not be constrained to provide equipment to any of the Muslims, in arms or horses, in the event of a war in which the Muslims attack their enemies, unless they contribute to the cause freely. And what the Muslims have borrowed will be guaranteed by the [State] Treasury [bayt al-mal] until it is returned to them. If they die or are damaged, the [State] Treasury [bayt al-mal] will provide monetary compensation.

No one who practices the Christian religion will be forced to enter into Islam. And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better [29:46]. They must be covered by the wing of mercy and all harm that could reach them, wherever they may find themselves and wherever they may be, must be repelled.

If a Christian were to commit a crime or an offense, Muslims must provide him with help, defense, and protection, as well as pay his penalty for him. They should encourage reconciliation between him and the victim, to help or save him.

The Muslims must not abandon him or leave him without help and assistance because I have given them a covenant of Allah which is binding upon the Muslims.

In virtue of this pact, they have obtained inviolable rights to enjoy our protection, to be protected from any infringement of their rights, and they are not to be disputed, rejected, or ignored so that they will be bound to the Muslims both in good and bad fortune.

The girls of the Christians must not be subject to suffer, by abuse, on the subject of marriages which they do not desire. Muslims should not take Christian girls in marriage against the will of their parents nor should they oppress their families in the event that they refused their offers of engagement and marriage. Such marriages should not take place without their desire and agreement and without their approval and consent.

If a Muslim takes a Christian woman as a wife, he must respect her Christian beliefs. He will give her freedom to listen to her [clerical] superiors as she desires and to follow the path of her own religion. Whoever, despite this order, forces his [Christian] wife to act contrary to her religion, he will have broken the alliance of Allah and broken the promise [mithaq] of His Messenger and he will be counted, by us, among the liars [kadhibin].

If the Christians approach you seeking the help and assistance of the Muslims in order to repair their churches and their convents, or to arrange matters pertaining to their affairs and religion, these [Muslims] must help and support them. However, they must not do so with the aim of receiving any reward or debt. On the contrary, they should do so to restore that religion, out of faithfulness to the pact of the Messenger of Allah, by pure donation, and as a meritorious act before Allah and His Messenger.

In matters of war between them and their enemies, the Muslims will not employ any Christian as a messenger, scout, guide, to show power, or for any other duty of war. Whoever obliges one of them to do such a thing will be unjust [zaliman] towards Allah, disobedient [‘asiyan] to His Messenger, and will be cast out [mutakhaliyan] from his religion. Nothing is permitted to a Muslim [with regards to the Christians] outside of obeying these edicts which Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah, the Messenger of Allah, has passed in favor of the religion of the Christians.

I am also placing conditions [upon the Christians] and I demand that they promise to fulfill and satisfy them as commands their religion. Among other things, none of them may act as a scout, spy, either overtly or covertly, on behalf of an enemy of war, against a Muslim. None of them will shelter the enemies of the Muslims in their homes from which they could await the moment to launch an attack. May these enemies [of the Muslims] never be allowed to halt in their regions, be it in their villages, their oratories, or in any other place belonging to their co-religionists. They must not provide any support to the war enemies of the Muslims by furnishing them with weapons, horses, men or call for unnecessary things. They must not annoy them and they should be honored as long as they persist in their religion and their care for their pact. They must grant Muslims three days and three nights when they halt among them. They must offer them, wherever they are found, and wherever they are going, the same food with which they live themselves, without, however, being obliged to endure other annoying or onerous burdens.

If a Muslim needs to hide in one of their homes or oratories, they must grant him hospitality, give him help, and provide him with their food during the entire time he will be among them, making every effort to keep him concealed and to prevent the enemy from finding him, while providing to all of his needs.

Whoever contravenes or alters the ordinances of this edict will be cast out of the alliance between Allah and His Messenger.

May everyone abide by the treaties and alliances which have been contracted with the monks, and which I have contracted myself, wherever they may be.

The Messenger of Allah, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, must respect what he has granted, on his authority and all the Muslims, to guard them and have mercy on them until the end, until the Hour of [Resurrection] arrives, and the world comes to an end.

Whoever is unjust after this towards a [Christian] subject [dhimmi], breaks the covenant and rejects it, I will be his enemy on the Day of Judgment among all the Muslims.

As witness to this covenant [kitab]–which was written by Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah, the Messenger of Allah, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, to all the Christians [jami‘] to whom he put conditions in it, and for whom he wrote the following covenant [‘ahd]–there are thirty witnesses:

Abu Bakr al-Siddiq

‘Umar ibn al-Khattab

‘Uthman ibn ‘Affan

‘Ali ibn Abi Talib

Abu Dharr

Abu al-Darda

Abu Hurayrah

‘Abd Allah ibn Mas‘ud

al-‘Abbas ibn ‘Abd al-Malik

Fadl ibn al-‘Abbas al-Zahri

Talhah ibn ‘Abd Allah

Sa‘id ibn Mu‘azz

Sa‘id ibn Ubadah

Thabit ibn Qays

Yazid ibn Talit

‘Abd Allah ibn Yazid

Farsus ibn Qasim ibn Badr ibn Ibrahim

Amir ibn Yazid [Imam ibn Yazid?]

Sahl ibn Tamim

‘Abd al-‘Azim ibn al-Najashi

———————-

[different handwriting]

‘Abd al-‘Azim ibn Husayn

‘Abd Allah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘As

‘Amr ibn Yasir

Mu‘azim ibn Musa

Hassan ibn Thabit

Abu Hanifah

‘Ubayd ibn Mansur

Hashim ibn ‘Abd Allah

Abu al-‘Azar

Hisham ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib

‘Ali ibn Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, wrote this covenant, and the manuscript [sijl] was written on a piece of leather [jild] that was not small. It remained at the Sultan’s authority and was sealed by the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. All praise be to Allah.

This blessed book [kitab al-mubarak] was completed on the holy day of Monday, in the last month of Ba‘una, the blessed, in the year of our Masters the Martyrs, the Pure Ones, the Felicitous, the Satisfied [abrar], may Allah grant us their intercession and may their intercession be with us. Amen!

This corresponds to the 27th of the sacred [haram] month of Muharram of the year 945 of the Arabic hijrah. May Allah make its end good! Amen!

This blessed book [kitab al-mubarak] belongs to the great soul [al-mubajjal], the master [al-mawla], the leader [al-ra’is], the elder [al-shaykh], the scholar [al-‘alim], Sum‘an, the son of [najl], the source of greatness [al-mu‘azzam] Fadl Allah, may Allah rest his soul in peace [nayaha allah nafsahu], known as [al-ma‘ruf] al-Barallusi.

The writer of these words is the humble [miskin], full of faults and sins [khataya wa al-dunub], asking the brothers who read these words [lit. letters] to mention them in their prayers [salawat] and the Messiah [masih] will reward them one hundred and sixty three times.

=====================
Then what about negative verses that the Muslims believe in (and which were given as justification for the Armenian Genocide by Muslim Turks) about fighting and killing none-Muslims including the Christians & Jews. Apparently such negative verses were later added on to the holy scripts of Islam for political imperialist reasons and ambitions and were never pronounced by their prophet Muhammad. Hence the deception and rivers of blood.

Samples of such verses that were later inserts into Muslim books when the Koran was put into written form and all the rest of the holy writs were discarded, this happened after some 150 years of the death of Muhammad:

"the Messenger of Allah . . . would say: 'Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war. . . . When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. . . . Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them. . . . If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them . . .'" (Muslim Book 19, Number 4294).

"fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war) . . . " (Qur’an 9:5).

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued" (Qur'an 9:29).

"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter . . . " (Qur'an 5:33). [Ibn Kathir says of this verse: "'Wage war' mentioned here means, oppose and contradict, and it includes disbelief, blocking roads and spreading fear in the fairways. Mischief in the land refers to various types of evil." So, Muhammad requires execution, crucifixion, or cutting off hands and feet from opposite sides for "disbelief."]

"Allah's Apostle said: 'I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshiped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle . . . '" (Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 24).

"It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise" (Qur'an 8:67).

"Allah’s Apostle said, 'I have been made victorious with terror'" (Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220).
==========
As part of the remembrance 100th anniversary of our genocide, the financing of the translation of this book of John Morrow (more info about the book coming below) into Turkish and Azeri languages and their distribution widely in Turkey and Azerbaijan. Also the promotion of this book by media means into to the people of those countries should be undertaken by the Armenians. Hopefully then Turks and Tartars (Tartars are now in power in Azerbaijan) will rise above their animal-savagery by harboring good will toward Armenians and someday bless us in place of more killings.

About this single discovered document, Muqtedar Khan the Director of Islamic Studies at the University of Delaware, writes: "The first and the final sentence of the charter are critical. They make the promise eternal and universal. Muhammed asserts that Muslims are with Christians near and far, straight away rejecting any future attempts to limit the promise to St. Catherine alone. By ordering Muslims to obey it until the Day of Judgment the charter again undermines any future attempts to revoke the privileges. These rights are inalienable. Muhammed declared Christians, all of them, as his allies and he equated ill treatment of Christians with violating God's covenant.

"A remarkable aspect of the charter is that it imposes no conditions on Christians for enjoying its privileges. It is enough that they are Christians. They are not required to alter their beliefs, they do not have to make any payments and they do not have any obligations. This is a charter of rights without any duties!

"The document is not a modern human rights treaty, but even though it was penned in 628 A.D. it clearly protects the right to property, freedom of religion, freedom of work, and security of the [Christian] person."
http://newsweek.wash...christians.html

Now about the book (you can look free inside of some 25 pages of the book with many illustrations at the post in Amazon)

The Covenants of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of the World
by John Andrew Morrow
http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/159731465X

The Prophet Muhammad's treaties with the Christians of his time, which John Andrew Morrow has rediscovered in obscure collections and often newly translated, uniformly state that Muslims are not to attack peaceful Christian communities, but defend them "until the End of the World." Authored by the Prophet himself, they represent a third foundational pillar for Islam outside of Qur'an and hadith. The "Covenants Initiative" within the book represents a movement by Muslims, both prominent and unknown, in support of Christians under attack. These treaties desperately need to be better known among Christians, Muslims, and the general public.

For scholars, this book provides much difficult-to-obtain material: facsimiles of primary sources in Arabic and Persian; corrected versions in modern Arabic typescript; and alternate translations. They now have all they need to study the covenants in depth.

Paperback: 466 pages
Publisher: Sophia Perennis (November 2, 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 159731465X
ISBN-13: 978-1597314657

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

You are disillusioned into believing that Turks and Azeries will have a change of heart as a whole and bless us after they learn something that they already know. Religion has always been used as a means of achieving sinister agendas and not vise versa.

#3 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Matt 15:19 "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander."
Have faith! There is no impossible with God who said in Ezekiel 36:26 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." There is no partiality with God, He can do it for Turks and Tartars if they turn to Him --Jesus Christ the true God.

#4 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

He can do it for Turks and Tartars if they turn to Him --Jesus Christ the true God.

This amounts to saying if I have the lottery numbers before the draw, I'll be a multi millionaire. Today probably more people converting to the Muslim religion than Muslims converting to Christianity. Muslims an mass converting to Christianity has a zero chance.

#5 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Having the attitude of Christ in us is what is required. Pray, pray for them before God as they are in bondage to darkness spiritually and are the servants of darkness. God "who is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5), can take them out from darkness into light, but they have to decide and God cannot act against their free will, there are many Turks who have found salvation by Jesus Christ, which means more souls from them can be saved. And as a general rule Armenians are not making easy for the Turks to come into the light of Christ, the Savior, by not showing love to the Turks. By their negative attitudes most Armenians  are hindering and putting obstacles before the Turks to come into the salvation. Godly love has power; so love your enemies and pray for them before God despite what they have done to you --this is a commandment from Christ; keep His word and do His commandment and leave the rest to God if you call yourself a Christian. The key to peace is to pray to Father God: "Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us".

Our Father, which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth,
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever. Amen.

When someone gives HONOR to God the Father his prayers will be answered; without giving honor to God and submit to Him, He may not honor your requests or prayers.

#6 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Showing love toward the Turks does not mean that we should love the darkness, on the contrary we should hate the darkness;  but we should not hate those souls who are ensnared by the darkness, our love toward those souls will help them to be set free from darkness. Jesus wants those souls to come to Him, the Light of this World, and be liberated from the darkness whom they serve. From the human prospective, Turks coming in mass to Christ would seem impossible, but from the viewpoint and perspective of God nothing is impossibly and anything is possible. And God is right and perfect.

#7 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

Muslim holy books were written some 150 years after the death of Muhammad, and when collected in book, many writings and verses were inserted that did not come from Muhammad while other verses that truly came from him were discarded, the name of the game was deception; it was Satan, the enemy of Jesus Christ and of God, who inserted those negative destructive verses against Christians in order there would be perpetual wars and slaughters between the followers of those two religions as proofed by history and by genocides, the Armenian one of 1915 being one of those, the currant holocaust in Syria being another. Who were the individuals that Satan used in order to insert those verses against Christians? They were the idol worshipers of Mecca whom Muhammad fought against and when they saw that they were being defeated they converted to Islam in a fake manner, they pretended to believe in Muhammad and after the death of the prophet (most-likely they poisoned him), they made a collection of writings, Qur'an and others, the purpose of which was mainly to serve their imperialist political ambitions for world conquest, and they did it by deception. So after all Muhammad did not win his battle against those idolatress or idol worshipers; it was them, specially their leaders, who won by deception, tricks and lies, and their reward was great: wealth from nations conquered, sex with women of all colors, slaves without numbers, a life in leisure and ease while those brainwashed by their own so-called holy books of Islam did all the fighting, martyrdom and conquests for them. 

This newly discovered document, as translated by John Morrow, sheds new light on Muhammad's real directive to Muslims in the way they should treat the Christians.

The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of the World (II)

(Rediscovered by Dr. Morrow and first published in 2013 from a manuscript which dates to 1538 CE)

http://covenantsofth...the-world-1538/

In the Name of Allah, the Creator [al-Khaliq], the Living [al-Hayy], the Speaking [al-Natiq], the One who Remains after the Annihilation of Creation [al-Baqi ba‘d fana’ al-khaliq].

This is a copy [nushah] of the covenant [‘ahd] which was written by Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib for all the Christians [nasara].

Copy [nuskhah] of the Covenant [kitab al-‘ahd]

This covenant of Allah [‘ahd Allah] was ordered to be written by Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him and his family [alihi], to all the Christians and all the monks, to guard and protect them, because they are Allah’s trust among His Creations [wadi‘at Allah fi khalqihi] in order for the covenant to be a proof [hujjah] against them and there would be no claim against Allah after the Messenger. He made this a protection [dhimmah] from him and a protection for them by the authority of Allah, for Allah is All-Mighty [‘Aziz] and All-Wise [Hakim]. It was written by the Lion [asad] and the People of His Vocation [ahl al-millati] to all those who profess the Christian religion [da‘wat al-nasraniyyah] in the Eastern lands and its West, near and far, be they Arabs or non-Arabs [‘ajami], known or unknown, as a covenant [‘ahd] from him, a justice and tradition to be preserved.

He who observes it holds to his Islam and is worthy of his religion [din]. He who breaks it [nakatha] and jeopardizes the covenant [‘ahd] which was ordered by the Messenger of Allah, and changes it, and transgresses what has been commanded, has rejected the Covenant of Allah [‘ahd Allah], denies the Oath of Allah [mithaq Allah], disdains his religion, and merits His Maledictions, whether he is a Sultan or anyone else among the believers [mu’minin] and the Muslims.

I started by committing myself to the covenant, granted alliances [uhud] and pledges [mawathiq] to those who requested them from me and from all of my Muslim Community [millati min al-muslimin]. I gave them the Covenant of Allah [ahd Allah] and His Pledge [mithaq] and I placed them under the safeguard of His Prophets, His Chosen Ones [asfiya], His Friends [awliyyah] from among all the Believers [mu’minin] and the Muslims over time. My protection [dhimmati] and my security [mithaqi] represent the most solid covenant that Allah, the Most Exalted, has given a prophet sent in truth to demand obedience, to give obligations [farida], and to respect the covenant [‘ahd].

The covenant of Allah [‘ahd Allah] is that I should protect their land [‘ard], their monasteries [al-diyar], with my power [qudrah], my horses, my men, my weapons [silahi], my strength [quwwati], and my Muslim followers [atba] in any region, far away or close by, and that I should protect their businesses. I grant security to them, their churches, their businesses, their houses of worship [buyut salawatihim], the places of their monks, the places of their pilgrims, wherever they may be found, be they in the mountains or the valleys, caves or inhabited regions, the plains or the desert and that I should protect their dhimmah, their faith [millah], and their religion [din], wherever they may be found in the East or West, in the sea or on land, the same way that I protect myself, my entourage [khasati], and the People of my Community [ahl al-millati] among the Muslims.

I place them under my protection [dhimmah], my security [mithaq], and my trust [aman] at every moment. I defend them from any damage, harm [makruh] or retribution [tabi‘a]. I am behind them, protecting them from every enemy or anyone who wishes them harm [muhdi]. I sacrifice myself for them by means of my helpers [a‘wani], my followers [atbai], and the People of my Community [ahl al-millah] because they are my flock [ra‘iyyah] and the people under my protection [ahl al-dhimmati], I extend [amudu] my authority [sulta], my care [ri‘ayyah], and my protection over them from every harm [makruh] so that it does not reach them. No harm will reach them unless it reaches my Companions [ashab] who [are there to] protect them and assist Islam [nusrat].

I remove from them the harm from taxes and loan in the supplies borne to the People of the Pact [ahl al-ahd] except what they themselves consent to give. They should not be compelled or unfairly treated in this matter.

It is not permitted to remove a bishop from his bishopric, a monk from his monastic life, a Christian from his Christianity, an ascetic [zahid] from his tower, or a pilgrim from his pilgrimage. Nor is it permitted to destroy any part of their churches or their businesses or to take parts of their buildings to construct mosques or the homes of believing Muslims [mu’minin al-muslimin]. Whoever does such a thing will have violated the covenant of Allah [‘ahd Allah], disobeyed [khalafa] his Messenger, and deviated [hadha] from His Divine Alliance.

It is not permitted to impose a capitation [jizyah] or any kind of land tribute [kharaj] on monks, bishops or those who are worshippers among them, who, by devotion, wear woolen clothing [al-suf] or live alone in the mountains or in other regions secluded from human presence.

The capitation [jizyah] will be applied to those Christians who are not clerics [man la yattabad] with the exception of the monk and the pilgrim in the amount of four dirhams per year or an inexpensive cloak [tawb]. He who does not have the money or the food with which to feed himself, the Muslims will help him by means of the savings stored in the Treasury [bayt al-mal]. If they find difficulties in securing food, the Muslims will also help them, provided they willingly accept.

May the land tribute [jizyah al-kharaj] on big business by land or sea, pearl-diving, mining for precious stones, gold and silver, or those who are wealthy among those who profess the Christian faith, not exceed twelve dirhams [fiddah] per year, so long as they are inhabitants and residents in these countries.

May nothing similar be demanded of travelers, who are not residents of the country or wayfarers whose country of residence is unknown. There shall be no land tax with capitation for others than those who own land as will the other occupants of lands over which the ruler has a right. They will pay taxes as others pay them without, however, the charges unjustly exceeding the measure of their means. As for the labor force which the owners spend upon to cultivate these lands, to render them fertile, and to harvest them, they are not to be taxed excessively. Let them pay in the same fashion and justly that which was imposed on other similar tributaries.

The people under our protection [ahl al-dhimmah] will not be obliged to go to war with the Muslims in order to combat their enemies and to attack them. Indeed, the people under our protection [ahl al-dhimmah] are not to engage in war. It is precisely to discharge them of this obligation that this pact has been granted to them as well as to assure them the help and protection of the Muslims. They will not be constrained to provide equipment to any of the Muslims, in arms or horses, in the event of a war in which the Muslims attack their enemies, unless they contribute to the cause freely. And what the Muslims have borrowed will be guaranteed by the [State] Treasury [bayt al-mal] until it is returned to them. If they die or are damaged, the [State] Treasury [bayt al-mal] will provide monetary compensation.

No one who practices the Christian religion will be forced to enter into Islam. And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better [29:46]. They must be covered by the wing of mercy and all harm that could reach them, wherever they may find themselves and wherever they may be, must be repelled.

If a Christian were to commit a crime or an offense, Muslims must provide him with help, defense, and protection, as well as pay his penalty for him. They should encourage reconciliation between him and the victim, to help or save him.

The Muslims must not abandon him or leave him without help and assistance because I have given them a covenant of Allah which is binding upon the Muslims.

In virtue of this pact, they have obtained inviolable rights to enjoy our protection, to be protected from any infringement of their rights, and they are not to be disputed, rejected, or ignored so that they will be bound to the Muslims both in good and bad fortune.

The girls of the Christians must not be subject to suffer, by abuse, on the subject of marriages which they do not desire. Muslims should not take Christian girls in marriage against the will of their parents nor should they oppress their families in the event that they refused their offers of engagement and marriage. Such marriages should not take place without their desire and agreement and without their approval and consent.

If a Muslim takes a Christian woman as a wife, he must respect her Christian beliefs. He will give her freedom to listen to her [clerical] superiors as she desires and to follow the path of her own religion. Whoever, despite this order, forces his [Christian] wife to act contrary to her religion, he will have broken the alliance of Allah and broken the promise [mithaq] of His Messenger and he will be counted, by us, among the liars [kadhibin].

If the Christians approach you seeking the help and assistance of the Muslims in order to repair their churches and their convents, or to arrange matters pertaining to their affairs and religion, these [Muslims] must help and support them. However, they must not do so with the aim of receiving any reward or debt. On the contrary, they should do so to restore that religion, out of faithfulness to the pact of the Messenger of Allah, by pure donation, and as a meritorious act before Allah and His Messenger.

In matters of war between them and their enemies, the Muslims will not employ any Christian as a messenger, scout, guide, to show power, or for any other duty of war. Whoever obliges one of them to do such a thing will be unjust [zaliman] towards Allah, disobedient [‘asiyan] to His Messenger, and will be cast out [mutakhaliyan] from his religion. Nothing is permitted to a Muslim [with regards to the Christians] outside of obeying these edicts which Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah, the Messenger of Allah, has passed in favor of the religion of the Christians.

I am also placing conditions [upon the Christians] and I demand that they promise to fulfill and satisfy them as commands their religion. Among other things, none of them may act as a scout, spy, either overtly or covertly, on behalf of an enemy of war, against a Muslim. None of them will shelter the enemies of the Muslims in their homes from which they could await the moment to launch an attack. May these enemies [of the Muslims] never be allowed to halt in their regions, be it in their villages, their oratories, or in any other place belonging to their co-religionists. They must not provide any support to the war enemies of the Muslims by furnishing them with weapons, horses, men or call for unnecessary things. They must not annoy them and they should be honored as long as they persist in their religion and their care for their pact. They must grant Muslims three days and three nights when they halt among them. They must offer them, wherever they are found, and wherever they are going, the same food with which they live themselves, without, however, being obliged to endure other annoying or onerous burdens.

If a Muslim needs to hide in one of their homes or oratories, they must grant him hospitality, give him help, and provide him with their food during the entire time he will be among them, making every effort to keep him concealed and to prevent the enemy from finding him, while providing to all of his needs.

Whoever contravenes or alters the ordinances of this edict will be cast out of the alliance between Allah and His Messenger.

May everyone abide by the treaties and alliances which have been contracted with the monks, and which I have contracted myself, wherever they may be.

The Messenger of Allah, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, must respect what he has granted, on his authority and all the Muslims, to guard them and have mercy on them until the end, until the Hour of [Resurrection] arrives, and the world comes to an end.

Whoever is unjust after this towards a [Christian] subject [dhimmi], breaks the covenant and rejects it, I will be his enemy on the Day of Judgment among all the Muslims.

As witness to this covenant [kitab]–which was written by Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah, the Messenger of Allah, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, to all the Christians [jami‘] to whom he put conditions in it, and for whom he wrote the following covenant [‘ahd]–there are thirty witnesses:

Abu Bakr al-Siddiq

‘Umar ibn al-Khattab

‘Uthman ibn ‘Affan

‘Ali ibn Abi Talib

Abu Dharr

Abu al-Darda

Abu Hurayrah

‘Abd Allah ibn Mas‘ud

al-‘Abbas ibn ‘Abd al-Malik

Fadl ibn al-‘Abbas al-Zahri

Talhah ibn ‘Abd Allah

Sa‘id ibn Mu‘azz

Sa‘id ibn Ubadah

Thabit ibn Qays

Yazid ibn Talit

‘Abd Allah ibn Yazid

Farsus ibn Qasim ibn Badr ibn Ibrahim

Amir ibn Yazid [Imam ibn Yazid?]

Sahl ibn Tamim

‘Abd al-‘Azim ibn al-Najashi

———————-

[different handwriting]

‘Abd al-‘Azim ibn Husayn

‘Amr ibn Yasir

Mu‘azim ibn Musa

Hassan ibn Thabit

Abu Hanifah

‘Ubayd ibn Mansur

Hashim ibn ‘Abd Allah

Abu al-‘Azar

Hisham ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib

‘Ali ibn Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, wrote this covenant, and the manuscript [sijl] was written on a piece of leather [jild] that was not small. It remained at the Sultan’s authority and was sealed by the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. All praise be to Allah.

This blessed book [kitab al-mubarak] was completed on the holy day of Monday, in the last month of Ba‘una, the blessed, in the year of our Masters the Martyrs, the Pure Ones, the Felicitous, the Satisfied [abrar], may Allah grant us their intercession and may their intercession be with us. Amen!

This corresponds to the 27th of the sacred [haram] month of Muharram of the year 945 of the Arabic hijrah. May Allah make its end good! Amen!

This blessed book [kitab al-mubarak] belongs to the great soul [al-mubajjal], the master [al-mawla], the leader [al-ra’is], the elder [al-shaykh], the scholar [al-‘alim], Sum‘an, the son of [najl], the source of greatness [al-mu‘azzam] Fadl Allah, may Allah rest his soul in peace [nayaha allah nafsahu], known as [al-ma‘ruf] al-Barallusi.

The writer of these words is the humble [miskin], full of faults and sins [khataya wa al-dunub], asking the brothers who read these words [lit. letters] to mention them in their prayers [salawat] and the Messiah [masih] will reward them one hundred and sixty three times.

#8 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

Good luck to you! It seems everything has to be from the preachers pulpit for you, it's getting tiring. If you remember the American missionaries tried to convert the Turks, failed miserably and they started converting the Christians to their way of Christianity. Don't let one or two conversions fool you into believing that they will become Christians an mass.

#9 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

NO WAY a muslim will convert.!!!

You are dreaming.

Apostasy, conversion in islam is tantamount to death sentence., Not only bylaw (shariya), but by family and friends,** I do remember when a father killed his daughter for dating a Christian man.

Search the net using keywords apostasy islam and see how many sites open,

I do remember this case in Afghanistan

-----

Abdul Rahman (Arabic: عبدالرحمن‎) (born 1965) was an Afghan citizen who was arrested in February 2006 and threatened with the death penalty for converting to Christianity. On March 26, 2006, under heavy pressure from foreign governments, the court returned his case to prosecutors, citing "investigative gaps".[1] He was released from prison to his family on the night of March 27.[2] On March 29, Abdul Rahman arrived in Italy after the Italian government offered him asylum.[3]

Abdul Rahman's arrest and trial brought international attention to an apparent contradiction in the Constitution of Afghanistan, which recognizes both a limited form of freedom of religion and the Hanafi school of Islamic jurisprudence, which mandates the death penalty for apostasy from Islam. The case attracted widespread international condemnation, notably from the United Kingdom and the United States, both of whom led the campaign to remove the fundamentalist Taliban regime in 2001 and are the main donors to Afghanistan

** I also remember this. To see more search- “muslim father kills daughters“,

#10 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I guess these are the Turks you are talking about. 

Turks keep committing sacrilege

11:57, 10 September, 2013

YEREVAN, SEPTEMBER 10, ARMENPRESS. The Turks turned the cave-sanctuary
in Igdir used by the Armenian people thousands years ago into a
mosque. As reports "Armenpress", Turkish "Anadolu" agency stated this.

The Turkish tribes, which appeared in the Armenian Highlands one
thousand years ago and converted to Muslim religion, along with
destroying the Armenian churches and sanctuaries turn a part of them
into mosques.

http://www.aa.com.tr...68879b458ce.mp4

© 2009 ARMENPRESS.am
http://armenpress.am...-sacrilege.html

#11 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Showing love toward the Turks does not mean that we should love the darkness, on the contrary we should hate the darkness;  but we should not hate those souls who are ensnared by the darkness, our love toward those souls will help them to be set free from darkness. Jesus wants those souls to come to Him, the Light of this World, and be liberated from the darkness whom they serve. From the human prospective, Turks coming in mass to Christ would seem impossible, but from the viewpoint and perspective of God nothing is impossibly and anything is possible. And God is right and perfect.

:jester: Hey MAN. Are you still here? I thought by now you would be in ankaka and boku , preaching muslim-Christian, furk-Armenian love-fest, join in singing “muhammad /Jesus Loves me This I know“.**

On second thought. How much do you value your life?

Go ahead hide behind an Armenian Forum. Let us see you in their, and other forums preaching your “nonsensical sermons ” !!!.

Note also that no one is responding to you in a serious way except in derision. I wonder why our moda and ads are allowing you to spread all that moodoo day in and day out, every hour on the hour ?. :goof:

Edited by Arpa, 11 November 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#12 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

The above was part 2; the one below is part 1 of year 1630

The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of the World (I)
August 11, 2013· by saimmadyer · Bookmark the permalink. ·

The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of the World (I)

(First published by Gabriel Sionita in 1630 CE)

[Translated by John Andrew Morrow]

[In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful.]

It was written by Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah, the proclaimer and warner [bashiran wa nadhiran], to all the people [al-nas kaffah], [Muhammad], who is entitled to the protection of Allah [wadi‘at Allah] in truth, and as a proof [hujjah] of Allah for the Christian religion [din al-nasraniyyah] in the eastern land and its west, its Arabs and non-Arabs [fasihiha wa‘ajamiha], near or far, known or unknown.

This document [kitaban], which has been prepared for them, constitutes an authoritative covenant [ahdan mariyyan], a well-known certificate [sijlan manshuran], and a testament [wasiyyah] from him which must be respected and which will protect them.

Whoever holds to Islam, abides by it, and whoever breaks the covenant contained in this testament, and transgresses [khalafahu] it among the non-Muslims, and contradicts what I commanded in it, he has violated the Covenant of Allah [ahd Allah], denies the Oath of Allah [mithaq Allah] and has disdained His Protection [dhimmah] whether he is a Sultan or anyone else among the believers and the Muslims.

I commit myself to grant alliances [uhud] and pledges [mawathiq] to those who requested them from me and from all of my families [ahliyy] from among the Muslims to give them the covenant of Allah [ahd Allah] and His Pledge [mithaq] and I place them under the safeguard of His Prophets, His Messengers, His Elect, His Saints, from the Muslims and the Believers, among the first of them and the last of them. And my protection [dhimmati] and my pact [mithaq] the most solid covenant that Allah has given a prophet sent or an angel [or sovereign] drawn near, [namely], the right to demand obedience, to give obligations [farida], and respect of Allah’s Covenant [ahad Allah].

That I protect their judges in my fortified borderlines [fi thughuri] with my horses and my men, my helpers, and my followers, from among the Believers, from every region among the regions of the enemy, whether they be far away or close by, whether they be at peace or at war, I safeguard them. I grant security to their churches, their places of pilgrimage [siyahah] wherever they are and wherever they may be found, be they in the mountains or the valleys, in the caves or the inhabited regions, in the plains or the desert, or in buildings; and that I protect their religion and their property wherever they are and wherever they may be found in land or at sea, in the East or West, the same way that I protect myself, my successors [khatimi], and the People of my Community [ahl al-millati] among the Believers and the Muslims.

I place them under my protection from any damage or harm [makruh]; to exempt them from any requisitions or any onerous obligations. I am behind them, protecting them myself, by means of my followers, my helpers, and the members of my religious community [ahl al-millati].

Having authority over them, I must govern them, protecting them from all damage and ensuring that no harm happens to them that does not happen to me and my Companions who, along with me, protect this ascribed authority.

I block from them the harm in the supplies which obliges the people of the pact [ahl al-ahd] from loan [‘aria] and land tribute [kharaj] except what they themselves consent to give. They should not be compelled in this matter.

It is not permitted to remove a bishop from his bishopric or a Christian from his Christianity, a monk from his monastic life or a pilgrim from his pilgrimage or a hermit monk from his tower. Nor is it permitted to destroy any part of their churches, to take parts of their buildings to construct mosques or the homes of Muslims. Whoever does such a thing will have violated the pact of Allah, disobeyed his Messenger, and betrayed the Divine Alliance.

It is not permitted to impose a capitation [jizyah] or any kind of tax on monks or bishops only that which they are prepared to give willingly.

The capitation [jizyah] upon owners of large businesses, and divers, and those who exploit mines for precious stones, gold and silver, and those who are wealthy, and powerful, among those who have professed Christianity, may not surpass more than twelve dirhams per year, so long as they are inhabitants of these countries or residents, and not travelers.

The traveler, or the resident whose place [of residence] is unknown, is not obliged to pay the land tribute [kharaj] or the poll-tax [jizyah] unless he has inherited land over which the ruler [sultan] has a monetary right. He must pay the money [mall] as others without, however, the charges unjustly exceeding the measure of their means [or strength].

As for the labor force which the owners spend upon to cultivate these lands, to render them fertile, and to harvest them, they are not to be taxed excessively. Let them pay in the same fashion that was imposed on other similar tributaries.

The free non-Muslims enjoying Muslim protection [ahl al-dhimmah] will not be obliged to go to war with the Muslims in order to combat their enemies, to attack them, and to seize them. Indeed, such free non-Muslims [ahl al-dhimmah] will not engage in war along with the Muslims. It is precisely to discharge them of this obligation that this pact has been granted to them as well as to assure them the help and protection on the part of the Muslims. They will not be obliged to go out with the Muslims to meet their enemies or be forced to give their horses, their arms, unless they contribute to the cause freely. Whoever does so will be recognized for his action.

No Christian will be made Muslim by force: And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better [29:46]. They must be covered by the wing of mercy. Repel every harm that could reach them wherever they may find themselves and in any country in which they are.

If a Christian were to commit a crime or an offense, Muslims must provide him with help, defense, and protection. They should pardon his offense and encourage his victim to reconcile with him, urging him to pardon him or to receive compensation in return.

The Muslims must not abandon the Christians and leave them without help and assistance since I have made this pact with them on behalf of Allah to ensure that whatever good befell Muslims it would befall them as well and that whatever harm befell Muslims would befall them as well. In virtue of this pact, they have obtained inviolable rights to enjoy our protection, to be protected from any infringement of their rights, so that they will be bound to the Muslims both in good and bad fortune.

Christians must not be subject to suffer, by abuse, on the subject of marriages which they do not desire. Muslims should not take Christian girls in marriage against the will of their parents, nor should they oppress their families in the event that they refused their offers of engagement and marriage. Such marriages should not take place without their desire and agreement and without their approval and consent.

If a Muslim takes a Christian woman as a wife, he must respect her Christian beliefs. He will give her freedom to listen to her [clerical] superiors as she desires, to follow the path of her own religion, and he will not force her to leave it. Whoever, despite this order, forces his wife to act contrary to her religion in any aspect whatsoever he will have broken the alliance of Allah and will enter into open rebellion against the pact of His Messenger, and Allah will count him among the impostors.

If the Christians seek the help and assistance of the Muslims in order to repair their churches and their convents or to arrange matters pertaining to their affairs and religion, they, [the Muslims], must help and support them. However, they must not do so with the aim of receiving any reward. On the contrary, they should aim to restore that religion, out of faithfulness to the pact of the Messenger of Allah, by pure donation, and as a meritorious act before Allah and His Messenger.

In matters of war between them and their enemies, the Muslims will not employ any Christian as a messenger, scout, guide or spy or for any other duty of war. Whoever obliges one of them to do such a thing is an oppressor [zalim], a rebel against the Messenger of Allah, and has differed over his testament [wasiyyah].

These are the conditions that Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah, has placed upon the Christian community [ahl al-millah al-nasraniyyah], with regard to their religion and their community [dhimmah]. They must hold fast to this covenant [ahd] and respect what they have agreed upon.

Among other things, none of them may act as a scout, spy, either overtly or covertly, on behalf of an enemy of war, against a Muslim. None of them will shelter the enemies of the Muslims in their homes from which they could await the moment to launch an attack. May these enemies [of the Muslims] never be allowed to halt in their regions, be it in their villages, their oratories or in any other place belonging to their co-religionists. They must not provide any support to war enemies of the Muslims by furnishing them with weapons, horses, men, or anything else, including greeting them. They must host for three days and three nights any Muslims who halt among them, with their animals. They must offer them, wherever they are found, and wherever they are going, the same food with which they live themselves without, however, being obliged to endure other annoying or onerous burdens.

If a Muslim needs to hide in one of their homes or oratories, they must grant him hospitality, give him help, and provide him with their food during the entire time he will be among them, making every effort to keep him concealed and to prevent the enemy from finding him, while providing for all of his needs.

May everyone abide by the treaties and alliances which have been contracted with the kings, the monks [ruhban], and the Christians [nasara] from the People of the Book, and which I have contracted myself, and every other commitment that each prophet has made with his nation, to assure them safeguard and faithful protection, and to serve them as a guarantee.

This must not be violated or altered until the hour [of the Resurrection] and the end of the world [dunya].

This document [kitaban], which was written by Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah, for the Christians who had written to him and requested from him this covenant, was witnessed by:

Abu Bakr al-Siddiq

‘Umar ibn al-Khattab

‘Uthman ibn ‘Affan

‘Ali ibn Abi Talib

Mu‘awiyyah ibn Abi Sufyan

Abu al-Darda

Abu Dharr

Abu Hurayrah

‘Abd Allah ibn Mas‘ud

‘Abd Allah ibn al-‘Abbas

Hamzah ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib

Fadl

Zayd ibn Thabit

‘Abd Allah ibn Zayd

Harfus ibn Zayd

al-Zubayr ibn al-‘Awwam

Sa‘d ibn Mu‘adh

Thabit ibn Qays

Usamah ibn Zayd

‘Uthman ibn Mat‘un

‘Abd Allah ibn ‘Amr al-‘As

Abu Rabi‘ah

Hassan ibn Thabit

Ja‘far ibn Abi Talib

Ibn al-‘Abbas

Talhah ibn ‘Abd Allah

Sa‘d ibn ‘Ubadah

Zayd ibn Arqam

Sahl ibn Bayda’

Da’ud ibn Jubayr

Abu al-‘Aliyyah

Abu Ahrifah

Ibn ‘Usayr

Hashim ibn ‘Asiyyah

Zayd ibn Arqam

‘Umar ibn Yamin

Ka‘b ibn Malik

Ka‘b ibn Ka‘b

May Allah be pleased with all of them!

Written [down] by Mu‘awiyyah ibn Abi Sufyan, and dictated by the Messenger of Allah on the second day of the month of Rabi‘ah Ashar during the fourth year of the Hegira in Medina.

Allah suffices as a Witness for what is contained in this document [kitaban].

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!

#13 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

This is the most well-known document, given here, but the translation is a new one by the scholar

The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Monks of Mount Sinai

In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful.

(A copy of the manuscript of the covenant [‘ahd] written by Muhammad, the son of ‘Abd Allah, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, to all the Christians.)

This covenant [kitabun] was written by Muhammad, the son of ‘Abd Allah, the proclaimer and warner [bashiran wa nadhiran], trusted to protect Allah’s creations [wadi‘at Allah fi khalqihi], in order that people may raise no claim [hujjah] against Allah after [the advent of] His Messengers [rusul] for Allah is Almighty, Wise.

He has written it for the members of his religion [ahl al-millatihi] and to all those who profess the Christian religion in East and West, near or far, Arabs or non-Arabs [‘ajami], known or unknown, as a covenant of protection.

If anyone breaks the covenant [‘ahd] herein proclaimed, or contravenes or transgresses its commands, he has broken the Covenant of Allah, breaks his bond, makes a mockery of his religion, deserves the curse, whether he is a sultan or another among the believing Muslims.

If a monk or pilgrim seeks protection, in mountain or valley, in a cave or in tilled fields, in the plain, in the desert, or in a church, I am behind them, defending them from every enemy; I, my helpers [awani], all the members of my religion [ahl al-millati], and all my followers [atbai], for they [the monks and the pilgrims] are my protégés and my subjects [ahl al-dhimmati].

I protect them from interference with their supplies and from the payment of taxes save what they willingly renounce. There shall be no compulsion or constraint against them in any of these matters.

A bishop shall not be removed from his bishopric, nor a monk from his monastery, nor a hermit from his tower [sawma‘], nor shall a pilgrim be hindered from his pilgrimage. Moreover, no building from among their churches [bayt min buyut kanaisihim] shall be destroyed, nor shall the money [mal] from their churches be used for the building of mosques or houses for the Muslims. Whoever does such a thing violates Allah’s covenant [ahd Allah] and dissents from the Messenger of Allah.

Neither poll-tax [jizyah] nor fees [gharamah] shall be laid on monks [ruhban], bishops [asaqifah], or worshippers for I protect them, wherever they may be, on land or sea, in East and West, in North and South. They are under my protection, within my covenant [mithaqi], and under my security [amani], against all harm [makruh].

Those who also isolate themselves in the mountains or in sacred sites shall be free from the poll-tax [jizyah], land tribute [kharaj] and from tithe [‘ushr] or duty on whatever they grow for their own use, and they shall be assisted in raising a crop by a free allowance of one qadah [unit of dry measure] in every ardabb [= 6 waiba = 24 rub‘a] for their personal use.

They shall be not obliged to serve in war, or to pay the poll-tax [jizyah]; even those for whom an obligation to pay land tribute [kharaj] exists, or who possess resources in land or from commercial activity, shall not have to pay more than twelve dirhams a head per year.

On no one shall an unjust tax be imposed, and with the People of the Book there is to be no strife, unless it be over what is for the good [5:48]. We wish to take them under the wing of our mercy, and the penalty of vexation shall be kept at a distance from them, wherever they are and wherever they may settle.

If a Christian woman enters a Muslim household, she shall be received with kindness, and she shall be given opportunity to pray in her church; there shall be no dispute between her and a man who loves her religion. Whoever contravenes the covenant of Allah [‘ahd Allah] and acts to the contrary is a rebel against his covenant [mithaqahu] and his Messenger.

These people shall be assisted in the maintenance of their religious buildings and their dwellings [mawadi‘]; thus they will be aided in their faith and kept true to their allegiance.

None of them shall be compelled to bear arms, but the Muslims shall defend them; and they shall never contravene this promise of protection until the hour comes and the world ends.

As witness to this covenant, which was written by Muhammad, son of ‘Abdullah, the Messenger of Allah, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, to all the Christians.

As sureties for the fulfillment of all that is prescribed herein, the following persons set theirs hands.

The names of the witnesses:

‘Ali ibn Abi Talib

Abu Bakr ibn Abi Quhafah

‘Umar ibn al-Khattab

‘Uthman ibn ‘Affan

Abu al-Darda’

Abi Hurayrah

‘Abd Allah ibn Ma‘sud

‘Abbas ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib

Harith ibn Thabit

‘Abd al-‘Azim ibn Hasan

Fudayl ibn ‘Abbas

al-Zubayr ibn al-‘Awwam

Talhah ibn ‘Abd Allah

Sa‘d ibn Mu‘adh

Sa‘d ibn ‘Ubadah

Thabit ibn Nafis

Zayd ibn Thabit

Bu Hanifah ibn ‘Ubayyah

Hashim ibn ‘Ubayyah

Mu‘azzam ibn Qurashi

‘Amir ibn Yasin

This covenant [ahd] was written in his own hand by ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib in the Mosque of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, on the third of Muharram in the second year of the Prophet’s Hegira.

A copy of this covenant has been deposited in the treasury [khizanah] of the Sultan. It was signed with the seal of the Prophet, peace be upon him. It was written on a piece of leather from Ta’if.

Blessed be he who abides by its contents. Blessed be he for he belongs to those who can expect the forgiveness of Allah.

This copy, which is copied from the original, is sealed with the signature of the noble Sultan [sharif al-Sultani]. This reproduction was copied from the copy that was copied from the copy written in the handwriting of the Leader of the Believers, ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib, may Allah bless his countenance.

With the order of the noble Sultan [sharif al-Sultani], that is still in effect, with the help of Allah, which was given to a community of monks who inhabit the Mountain of Tur-Sina’i because the copy, which was copied from the copy written by the Leader of the Believers, was lost, in order that his document be a support of the Sultan’s royal decrees which are evidenced by the records in the hands of the community in question.

This is a reproduction of the original [‘asl] without adapation [fadl wa wasl].

Written by the weakest of slaves,

al-Bari Nuh ibn Ahmad al-Ansari

The judge from Egypt, the Safeguarded [mahrusah], has pardoned them.

Sealed with the round seal and certified.

Nuh Ahmad ibn al-Ansari

[signature]

Modeled on a seal whose original [mahar] is signed with this signature.

Written by the poor [faqir], Muhammad al-Qadi, from Ancient Egypt, may he be forgiven!

#14 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

Dr. John Andrew Morrow, who is a Muslim or a convert to Islam and claims to be a direct descendant of the Prophet Muhammad through his grandson, Imam al-Hasan; and the author of the book: The Covenants of the Prophet Muhammad With the Christians of the World --gave an interview recently in which for the first time something new is revealed about the Christian Genocide by the Turks, he says in the interview:

"The Armenian and Greek Orthodox Christians of Jerusalem are custodians of covenants from the Prophet Muhammad, the Caliph 'Umar, Imam 'Ali, and Salah al-Din [Saladin]. I speak not of fantasy, but fact and historical precedent.

"When the Kurds decided to slaughter the Assyrians in the mid-nineteenth century, they first confiscated the Covenant of the Prophet with the Assyrian Christians.

"When the Young Turks decided to massacre the Assyrians, the first thing they did was to destroy this covenant. While it is only a theory, the original copy of the achtiname [the Covenant], which was taken to Istanbul by Sultan Selim I in 1517, may have been deliberately destroyed at some point in history, perhaps by the Young Turks, in ritualistic fashion, prior to killing over one million Armenian Christians."

Is this author telling the truth or trying to whitewash Islam? It's hard to tell. He does scholarly work.

#15 man

man

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:33 AM

I forgot to put the link to the "interview" article, here it is:

http://www.huffingto..._b_4751632.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users