429 replies to this topic

#381 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 03:12 PM

First Armenian satellite launched into orbit from Cape Canaveral with SpaceX Falcon 9

https://artsakhpress...x-falcon-9.html

The first ever Armenian satellite was launched into the Earth’s orbit, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan announced at the Cabinet meeting.

• Yervant1 likes this

#382 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 03:13 PM

#383 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 07:20 AM

Public Radio of Armenia
May 30 2022

Armenia’s Hovhannes Bachkov crowned European boxing champion
May 30, 2022, 20:15

pngcef761IuU5.png

Boxer Hovhannes Bachkov was crowned champion of the European Championship.

In the 63.5 kg final in Yerevan, Bachkov scored a fantastic 5-0 victory over France’s Lounes Hamraoui with a clear advantage in all three rounds.

Bachov has thus won the third European title.

The boxer thanked everyone for support, noting that “without that support, this victory might not have happened.

“I’m also thankful to myself (laughs) for doing a really great job. Only I know that, “said the boxer from after the victory.

• MosJan likes this

#384 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 12:42 PM

photo_2022_06_04_00_08_57.thumb_.jpghttps://en.armradio.am/2022/06/04/weightlifting-armenian-athletes-win-gold-and-silver-at-european-championships/?fbclid=IwAR2HvX3_RfdxfvKOR4HvFL-zmgaFdNLXQIvXl_MDNxQNL0JEpl-eYK18YQI

Weightlifting: Armenian athletes win gold and silver at European Championships

Armenian weightlifters won two medals in the 96kg event of the European Championships under way in Tirana, Albania.

David Hovhannisyan was crowned champion with a total result of 377 kg. He also won a small gold medal in the snatch with a result of 160 kg and was second in the clean and jerk (206 kg).

Ara Aghanyan won the silver in the same weight category with a total result of 375 kg

• Yervant1 likes this

#385 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:48 AM

Public Radio of Armenia
Armenia - June 6 2022

Armenian pianist wins First prize at international competition in Italy
June 6, 2022, 15:56

pngdnT3LCJbts.png

Laura Galstyan, a young pianist representing Armenia, was awarded the First Prize and a special scholarship at the 24th Pietro Argento International Music Competition held in Gioia del Colle, Italy on June 1-5, 2022.

The annual competition was founded in 1998 and is a member of Alink-Argerich Foundation. It is named after the famous Italian conductor Pietro Argento.

This year it was held in three categories: piano, vocal and chamber music. It featured bout 30 musicians from different countries of the world.

Laura Galstyan, 18, is currently studying at the Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Mannheim (Germany) with Wolfram Schmitt-Leonardy. She is enhancing her professional skills with outstanding pianist Hayk Melikyan.

https://en.armradio....ition-in-italy/

#386 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 07:50 AM

Public Radio of Armenia
Armenia - June 6 2022

Device designed by Armenian students to be sent into space
June 6, 2022, 12:17
 1 minute read

The device developed by Ad Astra team of the Ayb school’s engineering lab will be sent into space. The launch is expected as early as this month. 

Three teams of teenagers aged 12-21 – Ad Astra, AYAS, GDL – had made it to the final of the competition. 

The Ad Astra team of Ayb school comprises 12th grade students Andre Vardanyan, Elina Melkonyan, Hayk Piliposyan and 11th grader Davit Vanyan, the mentors are Vazgen Gabrielyan and Ruben Kerobyan. 

The 197 gram device (payload) will be placed in a sub-orbital rocket and will be sent to the altitude of 125 km, i.e. it will cross the Kármán line, the boundary between Earth’s atmosphere and outer space,

The device will stay in space for 2-3 minutes, during this period it will collect data on the rocket’s flight path, temperature, pressure change, speed, acceleration, as well as the intensity of ultraviolet radiation and ozone concentration.

The sensors performing the last two measurements were designed and proposed by the AYAS team. After carrying out the planned measurements, the device will fall back together with the rocket.

https://en.armradio....ent-into-space/

• MosJan likes this

#387 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 07:49 AM

Armenpress.com

Armenian-Nigerian family sends their son to military service in Armenian Army

1088340.jpg 15:40, 15 July 2022

YEREVAN, JULY 15, ARMENPRESS. Daniel Ezukam, who was born in an Armenian-Nigerian family, was drafted into the Armenian Army today, on July 15, Spokesperson of the Armenian defense minister Aram Torosyan said on social media.

“Daniel Ezukam was born in Armenia, but spent most of his live in other countries. He has been in the homeland of his mother mostly during the summer. But last year they made a decision to stay in Armenia for a longer period of time”, the spokesperson said.

https://armenpress.a...mPzC03s2g43Y074

• MosJan likes this

#388 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 07:43 AM

Public Radio of Armenia
Armenia - July 19 2022

Armenian students win six medals at 63rd International Mathematical Olympiad
July 19, 2022, 13:11
 1 minute read

png78JrzDByLJ.png

Armenian schoolchildren won two silver and four bronze medals in the 63rd International Mathematical Olympiad held in Oslo July 6-16.

The event featured 589 students from 104 countries, of which 521 were male and 68 were female.

The Armenian team was represented by six students – five from the Shahinyan special school for physics and mathematics, and one from Quant school. Vahagn Hovhannisyan and Ruben Hambardzumyan, won silver medals, Hayk Karapetyan, Vahram Asatryan and Areg Mkrtchyan, and Arayi Khalatyan won bronze medals. The team was placed 26th in overall ranking.

The Armenian team was led by Smbat Gogyan (“Square” Educational Foundation of the National Academy of Sciences) and Gurgen Asatryan (Armenian State Pedagogical University).

The Armenian team had won two silver and three bronze medals at the 62nd International Mathematics Olympiad held online.

https://en.armradio....tical-olympiad/

#389 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 05:15 PM

https://radar.am/hy/...ort-2526529188/

0915221a70d06c8a3143dbb62bdd146e4094be.j

Էրիկ Սաղաթելյանը՝ սամբոյի Եվրոպայի պատանեկան առաջնության չեմպիոն

#390 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 05:16 PM

091222f5b3bc51fbbc42e091528609d1633e54.J

Արթուր Ալեքսանյանը՝ Աշխարհի քառակի չեմպիոն

https://radar.am/hy/...ort-2526033357/

#391 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 11:02 AM

306929880_5578143472293073_2700388426117https://www.panorama.am/am/news/2022/09/15/Մարիամ-Մկրտչյան/2730662

Մարիամ Մկրտչյանը` Շախմատի մինչև 18 տարեկանների աշխարհի չեմպիոն
Ռումինիայի Մամայա քաղաքում ընթացող շախմատի աշխարհի պատանեկան առաջնութան 10-րդ տուրում սևերով 69-րդ քայլին հաղթելով լեհ Մարտինա Վիկարին` Հայաստանի կանանց շախմատի ազգային հավաքականի անդամ Մարիամ Մկրտչյանը վաստակեց 10 միավոր։

Առաջին ալիքի հաղորդմամբ, նա մրցաշարի ավարտից մեկ տուր առաջ նվաճել է մինչև 18 տարեկան աղջիկների աշխարհի չեմպիոնուհու տիտղոսը:

• Yervant1 likes this

#392 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 11:03 AM

Գրիգորի Գարյանցը՝ ձյուդոյի աշխարհի վետերանների չեմպիոն
Հայ ձյուդոիստ Գրիգորի Գարյանցը ոսկե մեդալ է նվաճել Լեհաստանի Կրակով քաղաքում անցկացված վետերանների աշխարհի առաջնությունում:

«Արմսպորտ»-ի փոխանցմամբ, նա աշխարհի չեմպիոնի տիտղոսը նվաճել է M-5 տարիքային խմբում: Գարյանցը 4 հաղթանակ է տարել և գրավել առաջին հորիզոնականը: Վետերանների աշխարհի առաջնությունն անցկացվել է սեպտեմբերի 8-ից 11-ը:

306488931_188630600287963_85571421623751

• Yervant1 likes this

#393 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 12:58 PM

https://hy.armradio....D4eAy1Swo-nEVCo

Հայ դպրոցականները 2 ոսկե, 5 արծաթե և 15 բրոնզե մեդալների են արժանացել միջազգային օլիմպիադայում
330808920_909132706939134_87425402683936

Հայ դպրոցականները մասնակցել են Ժաուտիկովյան միջազգային 19-րդ օլիմպիադային և արժանացել մեդալների

Օլիմպիադան անցկացվել է 2023 թ․ փետրվարի 1-ից 10-ը՝ առցանց ձևաչափով։ Մասնակցել են 25 պետությունների 1300-ից ավելի աշակերտներ։

Հայաստանը ներկայացրել են 4 ուսումնական հաստատությունների (Ա․ Շահինյանի անվան ֆիզմաթ դպրոց, Քվանտ վարժարան, ՀԱՊՀ ավագ դպրոց և Գյումրու Ֆոտոն վարժարան) 7 թիմերի 45 մասնակիցներ։

Մեդալային հաշվարկում մեր մասնակիցները արժանացել են 2 ոսկե, 5 արծաթե և 15 բրոնզե մեդալների (Ֆիզմաթ դպրոց՝ 2 ոսկի, 4 արծաթ և 8 բրոնզ, Քվանտ վարժարան՝ 1 արծաթ և 6 բրոնզ, Ֆոտոն վարժարան՝ 1 բրոնզ)։

Թիմային հաշվարկով Ֆիզմաթ դպրոցը արժանացել է խրախուսական մրցանակի։

#394 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 23 February 2023 - 09:42 AM

ArmenianWeekly.com

Durham mayor rescinds pro-Azeri proclamations after meetings with ANC of North Carolina activists
ANC-OF-NORTH-CAROLINA-1024x577.pngMembers of the Armenian National Committee of North Carolina met with Durham Mayor Elaine O’Neal on February 20, 2022. Pictured from left to right: Armen Melikian, Edgar Vardanian, Lilia Schwartz, Artak Vardanyan, and Davit Melikian.

DURHAM, NC – Representatives from the Armenian National Committee (ANC) of North Carolina met with Durham Mayor Elaine O’Neal on February 20, 2023, to discuss the harmful proclamations issued by her office. 

ANC of North Carolina members Artak Vardanyan, Lilia Schwartz, Armen Melikian, Edgar Vardanian and Davit Melikian educated the mayor on Azerbaijan’s campaign of ethnic cleansing and the impact of pro-Azerbaijan proclamations on humanity, amidst their human rights abuses. At the urging of ANC of North Carolina activists, the mayor rescinded the proclamations, including ones for “Khojaly Remembrance Day” and “Azerbaijan Victory Day,” and thanked the activists for bringing these important issues to her attention.

“We are deeply moved by the warm reception and heartfelt consideration Mayor O’Neal showed to members of the Armenian American community of North Carolina who informed her about the exploitation of proclamations as a propaganda tool by the government of Azerbaijan and its significance in the context of the blockade of Artsakh,” said Vardanyan. “The mayor acknowledged full responsibility for the harmful impact of the proclamations and expressed support for the continued struggle of the Armenian people. I commend the ANCA Eastern Region and our Armenian American compatriots in North Carolina as their dedication to never surrender the fight for Artsakh made this outcome possible.”

Mayor O’Neal not only rescinded the harmful proclamations but also issued a formal apology letter to the Armenian-American community of Durham. In the apology letter, Mayor O’Neal stated, “I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to the Armenian-American community of Durham for the proclamations issued on recognition of and ‘Khojaly Remembrance Day’ issued on January 24, 2022. This proclamation did not meet our City’s mission to make Durham a diverse and safe place to live, work and play, so I have chosen to rescind it. I have previously rescinded the ‘Azerbaijan Victory Day’ proclamation issued on November 8, 2022.”

The letter continues, “The City does not issue correspondence in matters of political issues, campaigns, or in matters that endorse a particular religion. I regret that the issuance of this proclamation has exacerbated this divisive matter in our community. I would like to thank Durham’s Armenian-American community for bringing this to my attention and I am grateful for the amicable relationship between the City and the Armenian-American community. Please accept my apologies for the hurt the issuance of this proclamation has caused.”

68626101_111721960195484_789659160472557
The Armenian National Committee of America Eastern Region is part of the largest and most influential Armenian American grassroots organization, the ANCA. Working in coordination with the ANCA in Washington, DC, and a network of chapters and supporters throughout the Eastern United States, the ANCA-ER actively advances the concerns of the Armenian American community on a broad range of issues.

#395 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:59 AM

ArmenianWeekly.com

Armenian pianists win top prizes at Chopin International Piano Competition in Hartford
vartan_and_seiran-768x1024.jpgLeft to right: Vartan Arakelian and Seiran Tozlian

HARTFORD, CT – Local high-school student and pianist Vartan Arakelian and pianist Seiran Tozlian of Armenia received second prize at this year’s Chopin International Piano Competition.

Arakelian, a ninth grade student at Buckingham, Browne and Nichols, won the silver medal in the “Young Artists” category among 24 pianists ages 13 to 17. He performed works by Bach, Chopin and Janacek. Arakelian is a student of Lilit Karapetian-Shougarian. He was awarded a cash prize, as well as an invitation to participate in the International Chopin Festival for young artists in Busko-Zdroj in Poland this summer. Arakelian was also the first prize winner in last year’s Mildred Freiberg Middle School Competition, sponsored by the New England Piano Teachers Association in collaboration with M. Steinert & Sons of Boston.

Following his performance in the “Professional” category, Tozlian also received a cash prize and an invitation for performances in Poland. The 20 year-old pianist presented a wide range of compositions by Chopin, Debussy, Prokofiev, Rachmaninoff and Ligeti in the preliminary and final rounds of the competition. Seiran was also a prize winner at the Anselmo Academy of Music’s Fifth International Competition in New York and a semi-finalist at the 2023 Boesendorfer-Yamaha International Piano Competition.

The annual Chopin International Piano Competition is sponsored by the Hartford Chopin Foundation. Now in its 14th year, the four-day event, which took place from March 8-12, drew 85 aspiring pianists of various ages. This year’s edition saw participating pianists representing the US, Canada, Indonesia, Japan, China, South Korea and Armenia.

The international jury consisted of pianists Krystian Tkaczewski of Poland and USA, Josephine Koh of Singapore, Philippe Raskin of Belgium, Adolfe Vidal of Venezuela, Mina Perry of Japan, Michael Bulychev-Okser of the United States, and Mikhail Voskresensky of Russia.

Both Arakelian and Tozlian appeared in the Winners’ Gala concert on March 12 at the Asylum Hill Congregational Church in Hartford.

https://armenianweek...16pDyqnTKvT6s64

#396 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 07:06 AM

pnggTjLTZ1HPh.png
Armenia - April 1 2023

Armenia's Hamlet Manukyan becomes 2-time world junior champion

pngovqirJxGVC.png

Team Armenia won their second gold medal at the second Junior World Artistic Gymnastics Championships being held in Antalya, Turkey.

Hamlet Manukyan, 15, became two-time world champion in the Rings exercise final, and became a gold medalist with 13.633 points.

Armenia's Erik Baghdasaryan scored 13.400 points and took fourth place.

Earlier, Armenia won two medals in the Pommel Horse exercise. Hamlet Manukyan, 15, became the junior world champion, and Mamikon Khachatryan won the silver medal.

The Armenian national team took part in the team competition for the first time at the second Junior World Artistic Gymnastics Championships and placed fourth.

https://sport.news.a...r-champion.html

#397 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 10:50 AM

#398 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin