#21 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 06 July 2001 - 10:27 PM

i'll write how we were tought of Islam in the school back in Armenia.

trader Muhammad created this so called religion, Islam, to unite Arabic people.
because he wished to see big and powerful Arabic empire, his first and the most important message was "the more non-Muslim, non-believer, the believer killes, the closer he would be to the God in afterlife haven"

#22 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 07 July 2001 - 07:46 AM

Harut,

First of all, it is not so-called, right? It is a real religion with about 1 billion followers. Second, Mohammed was not some kind of Caliph or Prince to be in a position to unite the Arabs. And as far as at least the last millennium is concerned, Arabs have been (and remain) one of the most disunited people.

#23 Mayja

Mayja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:music, languages

Posted 07 July 2001 - 09:27 AM

one can rust Western information of Islam, cos as we all know well, USA (hegemon of the World, it rules mass media too) and many of the arab countries, such as Libya, Iraq, Syria.. are enemies...Propaganda is very usefull in political deals.

And Human Right for Muslim doesnt mean the same as for Westerner.Human Right was a Christioned West invention and why muslims must accept them, if their religion has other purposes of life as christions...

#24 Mayja

Mayja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 09:30 AM

SORRY FOR MISTAKES

one cant trust Western information of Islam,
THANK U

#25 Mayja

Mayja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 09:32 AM

.........MJ:
You speak Arabic???
what is ur relation with islam?? just curious

#26 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mayja:
.........MJ:
You speak Arabic???
what is ur relation with islam?? just curious

Do you need something to be transalted from Arabic?

I am an agent of Islam, planted here by Osama Bin Ladin to detstroy the hegemnoy of the Western Civilization, including that of the US.

#27 Hakob

Hakob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 10:49 AM

Harut,

I agree with you. I am very subjective or religious matters. But, this religion is the only one that promises life in heaven after killing a non-believer. This is the only holy book where I have seen so much references to fighting, killing and slavery. Qur'an sounds more like our Old Testament, but more violent in my opinion.

Muhammad, I think did not create the religion out of his own. He must have took a lit bit here and there from both Christianity and Judaism, along with the harsh realities of the nomadic Bedouin Arabian deserts.

This is the only holy book where killing and war is prescribed. I have read other religions and their texts, and none to this extent.

It is relatively easy to understand how they became 1 billion. Jihad and jizya.

#28 Hakob

Hakob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 10:54 AM

majya,

The West is prejudiced, but yet there is a little grain of truth to every falsehood.

Can we not say that the Taliban in Afghanistan is not living and ruling according to the codes of the Prophet 1,400 years ago?

Are we not using a Western yardstick to measure their actions? Maybe that is how the real ideal Islam is and was?

I know I cannot accept that.

#29 Hakob

Hakob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 11:01 PM

Muhammad did conquer and unite all the Arabic tribes (whether Jewish, pagan, Christian, etc.) of modern Saudi Arabia before his death. Read, that these nomadic Bedouin people are the only true "ARABS." The others of Magrib (North African countries) and Levant (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, etc.) are only those who became "Arabs." Before his death, he had invited the Byzantine Romans and Sassanians (Iranians) to join Islam or invite war. His later companions and relatives then went on to complete his envisioned mission. No one started no wars with them. Ask: who are the aggressors?

#30 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 11:56 PM

So, we are going to jump from one lie to another lie here, without taking responsibility for the previous ones?

#31 oz

oz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 02:54 PM

MJ, inspite of I'm mad at you because of our previous arguements, now I should thank you for your respectful and sensitive approach on this issue.

Thanks.

#32 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 03:15 PM

You should be mad at yourself, OZ.

#33 Hakob

Hakob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 03:20 PM

I don't need to lie. Look everywhere in this world and you can see Muslims cannot coexist peacefully with others from different faiths. Either in a Muslim dominated nation like Indonesia or even in non-Muslim dominated society in the Phillipines, the Muslims cannot tolerate differences or get along with others.

#34 oz

oz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 03:20 PM

Oh God, now you start again...

#35 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 03:25 PM

Do you always have to change the subject instead of standing for what you say. Every time you are asked to take responsibility for your statements, you move the “target.” Isn’t it a liar’s strategy?

#36 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by oz:
Oh God, now you start again...

I had never stopped in the first place.

#37 oz

oz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 03:36 PM

Then see you later dude!

#38 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 07 July 2001 - 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
Harut,

First of all, it is not so-called, right? It is a real religion with about 1 billion followers. Second, Mohammed was not some kind of Caliph or Prince to be in a position to unite the Arabs. And as far as at least the last millennium is concerned, Arabs have been (and remain) one of the most disunited people.

MJ jan, i'm not saying this is what it is, or what i think of it.
this is what we were tought.
you know, soviet era, atheists.....
also, the Karabagh movement had begun and Islam became our enemy religion.

#39 Mayja

Mayja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2001 - 11:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

I am an agent of Islam, planted here by Osama Bin Ladin to detstroy the hegemnoy of the Western Civilization, including that of the US.

Ah, so we are colegues!!But....shhhh we know well that we must keep it in secret...

Mayja code 41558632REG OBL Security Centre.

#40 Mayja

Mayja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2001 - 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hakob:
majya,

The West is prejudiced, but yet there is a little grain of truth to every falsehood.

Can we not say that the Taliban in Afghanistan is not living and ruling according to the codes of the Prophet 1,400 years ago?

Are we not using a Western yardstick to measure their actions? Maybe that is how the real ideal Islam is and was?

I know I cannot accept that.

Tell me dear Hakob, why Taliban should accept democratic and capitalistic way of living? From where u know that democracy is universal?? Is suitable for all nations no matter their specific culture features?? I would say there is no universal form of living and Taliban just have its politics and u cannot know that its worse than democracy.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users