3266 replies to this topic

#61 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

Emboldened Baku raises voice upon international community?
170086.jpg
l_op1_eng.gifSeptember 17, 2013 - 19:00 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Baku’s incessant bellicose statements prove a fact that hasn’t been a secret to anyone – Azerbaijan hasn’t the least intention to contribute to the Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement. Recent statement by Azerbaijani Defense Ministry spokesman proves the above-mentioned.

Commenting on the demand of the international organizations to withdraw snipers from the line of contact, Eldar Sabiroglu said, “Azerbaijan refuses to do it. We won’t be pulling snipers till the end of the war.”

International organizations, advocating the Nagornao Karabakh settlement have been demanding to withdraw snipers from 2011. The demand came from OSCE Minsk Group, among others, with co-chairs, as well as the Presidents of the co-chairing countries –Russia, France and U.S. – urging to pull snipers.

Continuing Azeri provocations came as one of the reasons for the demand, with the formers leading to the death of Artsakh and Armenian servicemen, and peaceful population as well. Seems like Azerbaijan is blatantly ignoring the demand of superpowers, with the latters expecting to silently digest this affront as they did before.

For many years, Azerbaijan has managed to go unpunished for hindering Karabakh conflict settlement efforts, ignoring urges to observe ceasefire, develop mechanisms of investigation of incidents at contact line, undermining peace talks, threatening a new war, purchasing inordinate amounts of weaponry in violation of international norms.

Clearly, total impunity affects the ability to recognize limits, so this time, Baku chose not to wiggle as usual, when pretending to be ready to solve the conflict. This time, Azerbaijan raised its voice. What’s the reason behind Azeri leadership’s impudence? Might be, the oncoming presidential polls in the country, or slight cooling of Europe-Armenia relations following Yerevan’s decision to join the Customs Union. So Baku used of the situation to push its agenda.

Let’s wait and see, whether Azeri impudence will be tolerated again or if the superpowers, ignored by Baku, will choose to put the insolent country in its place.

#62 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Azeri armed forces continuously fire upon Armenian positions
Azeri armed forces continuously fire upon Armenian positions
January 23, 2014 - 13:46 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - The Azerbaijani armed forces continuously fired upon Armenian positions during the night, a spokesman for the Defense Ministry said.

Artsrun Hovhannisyan also confirmed that Azeris fired in the direction of some villages in Tavush province. No one was killed or injured.

“They fired, we responded,” he told PanARMENIAN.Net adding that about 300 ceasefire violations were registered.

During a government meeting on Thursday, Jan 23, Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan said that “the situation is currently rather tense, what results in shots and panic from the Azerbaijani side.”

“We usually don’t respond to sporadic fire but to sniper shots only,” Minister Ohanyan said, adding that the situation in under control.

He also said that the population should not fear, as the Armenian armed forces “perform their duty in a proper way.”

According to some reports, the Azeris gunned the village Movses in Tavush province, damaging a gas pipe and causing fire.

• onjig likes this

#63 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

MORE DEADLY CLASHES REPORTED IN KARABAKH, AT ARMENIAN-AZERI BORDER

KARABAKH | 20.06.14 | 13:07
http://armenianow.co...soldiers_killed

One Armenian serviceman has been killed in Nagorno-Karabakh and another
one in Armenia's Ararat province at the border with Azerbaijan during
the past two days, according to media reports.

Official authorities have not yet published the names of the killed
servicemen, one of which is believed to have served in the army on
a contractual basis.

According to preliminary information, both servicemen were killed while
repelling another attack attempted by Azeri commandos. The Azeri side
is also believed to have incurred losses as a result of the engagements
in which the Armenian military said they could duly rebuff the enemy.

The situation along the line of contact in Nagorno-Karabakh and at
the Armenian border with Nakhijevan, an Azerbaijani exclave to the
southwest of Armenia, has remained tense since last month.

At least four Armenian servicemen, two of them at the border with
Nakhijevan, were killed in late May-early June amid the escalating
tensions.

The latest clashes come amid repeated calls for a meeting between
the presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan for fresh talks around the
longstanding conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh.

Many analysts also see a pattern in which Azerbaijan starts escalating
tensions ahead of significant visits by top foreign officials to
Armenia. It is remarkable that Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov
is expected to pay a visit to Yerevan on June 22-23.

#64 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

11:44 07/08/2014 » COMMENTS

Ilham Aliyev has been in Baku during recent incidents; he in nervous shock

Ilham Aliyev, the President of Azerbaijan, has not been out of country during the incidents that took place on Karabakh – Azerbaijani contact line since July 31 to August 2, writes Azerbaijani (Talish by origin) political scientist Fahraddin Aboszoda in his article titled “The condemned: slaughter in Azerbaijani style.”
The author writes that according to his information Ilham Aliyev has not only been in the country, but, moreover, he has been in Baku all of the time and has been in nervous shock. The political scientist has accused Novruz Mammadov, deputy head of the administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, of lying. The latter had told everyone that Ilham Aliyev has been out of the country.
Coming to Novruz Mammadov’s statement Fahraddin Aboszoda notes, “During all the time that he has been at office of President’s Administration he has not uttered a single true word. He has lied all the time. He lies and does not blush. We cannot say where Ilham Aliyev was during all that time. We know only that the Minister of Defence was in Bodrum. And even if Ilham Aliyev was in abroad he was to return to Azerbaijan as soon as he learnt about the tragedy of his army.
Not only he didn’t return but he didn’t even try to extend his condolences to the relatives of the killed soldiers. Our sources in Baku assure that Ilam Aliyev has been in Baku all of that time and has been in nervous shock. Modifying the words Yuri Nikulin says in the Soviet famous movie “The Caucasian Captive” we can say in this case that Ilham Aliyev “is not able to come out into his people.”
Second, different representatives of the ruling regime make different and contradicting statements during these days.
Thus, the abovementioned Novruz Mammadov says allegedly the “the statement of the Armenian side saying that “It is Azerbaijan who has initiated the sabotage” does not correspond to reality”, in this way Mammadov shows that he is not aware of the statement of Azerbaijani Minister of Defence, Z. Hasanov.
The author quotes famous journalist Mirza Khazar. He has reminded that the Minister of Defense, in the text of his statement addressed to the president for awarding the soldiers had mentioned that “the latters had been killed while performing their military tasks.” This proofs that “the sabotage has been organized by the Azerbaijani side.”
Concluding the political scientist notes that in this way Azerbaijan will find itself in a ridiculous situation in front of the entire world.
Coming up to the sabotage motives Aboszoda brings the attention on the meeting of the presidents to be held in Sochi.
According to him though the information about the meeting has been disseminated recently, but the high level agreement exists long before. Thus, Ilham Aliyev has made an attempt to leave for Sochi as a winner, which, however, has been failed due to the vigilance of the Armenian forces.
“It is not excluded that Ilham Aliyev has had the wish to appear in the negotiations as a triumphalist, hinting at the idea that if Armenia does not accept our conditions we will solve the problem in a military way. He failed, however. The fact that Ilham Aliyev is silent till now is the proof of the fact that he will have to hold talks in Sochi from the position of a loser. He will not be able to dictate his conditions as the last incidents showed that there is no Azerbaijani army there. Or, better to say, the Army is not able to return Karabakh in a military way.”
Just on the contrary, if Aliyev starts the war he will lose more regions – even Kur and the rest.”

Source: Panorama.am

#65 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

ARMENIA WILL NEVER CEDE AN INCH OF LIBERATED LANDS - RUBEN GEVORGYAN

12:38 â~@¢ 21.09.15

The Armenian army adequately - an even more powerfully - retaliates
against Azerbaijan, Chairman of the Sworn Freedom Fighters union,
MP Ruben Gevorgyan told Tert.am.

Regardless of what weapons and ammunition Azerbaijan is using and
of the international community's silence, the Armenian soldier is
guarantor of Armenia's security.

"We had a war with Azerbaijan and gained victory. But the pain of
defeat will make such a state raise its voice on the border.

Reasonable people understand it and consider Azerbaijan's provocation.

There has always been tension on the border, and we are all well
aware that our victory has been followed by [Azerbaijan's] acts of
aggression," Mr Gevorgyan said.

If the Armenian armed forces did not adequately retaliate, the
population would leave the borderline villages.

Azerbaijan is using new weapons. Asked whether it is evidence of
possible resumption of large-scale hostilities?

"I think war is war regardless of weapons used. Of course, the use of
such weapons poses a threat to the borderline villages. Our people
must feel firm on their soil. We have visited the Tavush region. We
could not visit the soldiers on combat duty, but we saw that the
locals were brave. The people are in high spirits, which is evidence
of adequate and tough retaliations by our army."

As regards the international community's silence, Mr Gevorgyan said
that one cannot draw the right conclusions on the information on
foreign policy available to the public.

"Regardless of the international response, we must rely on ourselves.

I am sure that our soldiers, stat and authorities, volunteers and
public will not ever cede an inch of the liberated lands."

http://www.tert.am/e...vorgyan/1795305

#66 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:11 AM

PanARMENIAN.Net - Azerbaijani armed forces continuously violated the ceasefire at the line of contact with Nagorno Karabakh on the night of September 30-October 1.

According to the NKR defense army, 120 ceasefire violations by Azerbaijani armed forces were registered, with around 1500 shots fired from various caliber weapons, including 60-, 82-, and 120-mm mortars, RPG-7, AGS-17 grenade launchers, as well as a Turkish TR-107 rocket launcher.

Karabakh defense forces units continue controlling the situation

#67 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:12 AM

rpg-7

RPG-7_anti-tank_rocket_grenade_launcher_

#68 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

AGS-17 grenade launcher

ags17-plamya-grenade-launcher.jpg

#69 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:14 AM

Turkish TR-107 rocket launcher.

tr_107___roketsan_by_trahmet.jpg

#70 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

just  some of  the weapons used

#71 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:19 AM

120-mm mortars
JGSDF_120mm_mortar_RT(20080113).JPG

#72 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:20 AM

U.S. concerned about escalation at Karabakh-Azeri contact line: envoy

September 29, 2015 - 11:59 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - The United States is concerned about the escalation along the line of contact between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan, the U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan said.

According to Robert Cekuta, the sides should embark on more negotiations for a lasting settlement of the Karabakh conflict, Panorama.am reports citing 1news.az.

“Violence contradicts to whatever is being done for the conflict resolution,” Cekuta noted.

The Ambassador stressed the necessity of staying committed to the OSCE principles for the settlement of the Nagorno karabakh conflict.

#73 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:20 AM

U.S., OSCE “deeply concerned” about escalation in Karabakh conflict zone
September 28, 2015 - 14:14 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian met with Ivica Dacic, OSCE Chairperson in Office, Serbian Foreign Minister in New York.

The parties discussed the Karabakh conflict settlement process and the OSCE Minsk Group Co-chairs' efforts to resolve the issue.

In this context, Dacic expressed deep concern about the growing tension in the conflict zone and stressed the importance of maintaining the ceasefire. Nalbandian noted, in turn, that, despite the Co-chairs' numerous calls, Baku refuses to give up its destructive position and provocations.

The two sides also expressed satisfaction with the steady development of bilateral relations. In this context, opening embassies in Yerevan and Belgrade, facilitating visa regime, launching nonstop flights were discussed.

Nalbandian also met with Victoria Nuland, Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the U.S. State Department, briefing her on the situation along the contact line between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan. Nuland expressed deep concern about the escalation in the conflict zone and stressed the importance of maintaining ceasefire.

At Nuland's request, the Minister presented the process of constitutional reforms in Armenia. The two sides also discussed cooperation within international organizations. The U.S. Undersecretary of State thanked Armenia for active participation in peacekeeping missions.

#74 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:23 AM

122_mm_howitzer_2A18_(D-30).jpg

Azerbaijan uses 122-mm howitzer D-30 in anti-Armenian attack
Azerbaijan uses 122-mm howitzer D-30 in anti-Armenian attack
September 26, 2015 - 16:38 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Azerbaijani armed forces continuously violated the ceasefire at the line of contact with Nagorno Karabakh on the night of September 25-26.

According to the NKR defense army, 100 ceasefire violations by Azerbaijani armed forces were registered, with around 1000 shots fired from various caliber weapons, including 60-, 82-, 120- mm mortars and RPG-7, HAN-17 grenade launchers.

Azerbaijani troops have also used Turkish-made TR-107 rocket launchers, as well as 122-mm howitzer D-30 for the first time since signing the ceasefire agreement.

The NKR troops took retaliatory measures, silencing the Azerbaijani attacks.

Karabakh defense forces units continue controlling the situation.

#75 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:23 AM

European MPs: Azerbaijan terrorizing Armenia
European MPs: Azerbaijan terrorizing Armenia
September 26, 2015 - 10:48 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - European politicians expressed their shock over recent Azeri attacks resulting in a number of losses on Armenian side.

A member of the European Friends of Armenia Advisory Council, French MEP Michèle Rivasi stated: “I am scandalized by this violence. We know of the historical enmity which exists between Azerbaijan and Nagorno Karabakh, but this time it directly concerns Armenia. It is unacceptable. The European Commission has to denounce the acts of Azerbaijan and also to sanction them. This is not only a matter between Armenia and Azerbaijan. European and international institutions have to denounce these acts.”

Also condemning Azerbaijan’s latest acts of aggression is French MP, Francois Rochebloine.

“War is unacceptable as such, let alone opening fire on civilians. Shooting of soldiers has to be condemned too,” Rochebloine noted. “I am not surprised, on the other hand, as Azerbaijan has intensified ceasefire violations along the line of contact with Nagorno Karabakh.

“I have just returned from Karabakh. I haven't been on the frontline this time but I was there in May. I have heard bullets flying by: Azerbaijan opens fires every day using various caliber weapons. Soldiers and civilians have recently been killed, which is entirely unacceptable,” the MP said.

“I call upon France, its government and its ministry of foreign affairs to intervene and put pressure on the foreign ministry of Azerbaijan to make sure these unacceptable acts cease,” Rochebloine stated.

Former President of the European Parliament, Polish MEP Jerzy Buzek commented on the incident’s repercussions for the peace process, saying that “Azerbaijan’s attack on its sovereign neighbour Armenia is even more disturbing that it happens on the eve of another effort by the OSCE Minsk Group, mediating the peace negotiations between the two countries regarding the Nagorno Karabakh conflict.”

Foreign Affairs coordinator of the EFDD group in the EP, Italian MEP Fabio Massimo Castaldo, said: “Recently we have had a strong resolution to sanction the non-respect of Human Rights in Azerbaijan and undoubtedly this resolution unleashed a strong reaction from the government of Azerbaijan. I hope that this time the European institutions are willing to condemn, without any reservations the sad events that we have seen today, the death of three Armenian women.”

Member of the European Parliament Angel Dzhambazki condemns Azerbaijan’s aggression against Armenia.

“I believe the Nagorno Karabakh land belongs to Armenians,” Dzhambazki said. “I want to see European institutions take measures to defend human rights and support Armenia’s independence and democracy. Terrorism is being perpetrated against the government and the people of Armenia, which the European Commission must not turn a blind eye to.”

#76 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

Foreign Minister talks Karabakh at OSCE Peace Operations event
Foreign Minister talks Karabakh at OSCE Peace Operations event
October 2, 2015 - 16:05 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net - Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian delivered a speech at the Ministerial event on the OSCE Peace Operations, addressing the Karabakh conflict among other issues.
According to the Foreign Ministry website, Nalbandian said Yerevan will host the international conference on peacekeeping operations, supported by Edmond Mulet, UN Assistant Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations.
“I would like to once again acknowledge the central role of the United Nations for maintaining international peace and security and recall our shared conviction that the OSCE is a key structure for the peaceful settlement of disputes,” the Minister said.
Nalbandian reminded that OSCE Minsk Group Co-chairs are entrusted to mediate the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict.
“A team, led by the Personal Representative of the Chairman-in-Office supports the OSCE Minsk Group Co-chairs, monitoring the situation on the contact line. The Organization's further involvement, namely the establishment of an investigative mechanism can make a real difference,” he said.
Nalbandian stressed that political solutions should determine and guide the operational format and the possible deployment of peacekeepers.
“Minsk Group Co-chairs have stated on numerous occasions that international security guarantees would include a peacekeeping operation as one of the elements of the Basic Principles of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement,” Nalbandian stated.
“Our shared problems and challenges within OSCE can be substantially different, with no universal recipe to address them. The UN Summit on Peacekeeping hailed the report of the High Level Panel on UN Peace Operations, which says: “Mandates and missions are too often based on templates instead of being tailored to support situation-specific political strategies”. We need to develop individual approaches for every single situation to avoid disrupting ongoing processes,” Nalbandian concluded.

#77 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

Celebrity Cafe - Entertainment News
Oct 2 2015

Armenia Foils Azeri Attempt to Violate State Border Near Nakhichevan

Posted On Oct 02 2015
By : Brain Carroll

`Azerbaijan is the most interested party in the speediest negotiated
settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict'.

An Azerbaijani military subdivision attempted to violate Armenia's
western border from Nakhichevan on Thursday night but had to retreat
after a skirmish with Armenian armed forces. He pointed out that the
major cause of those incidents is the continuing unlawful presence of
the Armenian armed forces in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan.

Karabakh defense troops continue controlling the situation on the
contact line with Azerbaijan.

Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan echoed that language in a statement
on Saturday.

Condemning the killings, the minister said that Azerbaijan reacted to
the expectations voiced by the co-chairs for successful negotiations
between Armenian and Azerbaijani foreign ministers in New York by
undertaking this new provocation.

According to the results of the APA's monitoring based on the reports
confirmed by the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry, the enemy forces, using
60mm- and 82mm-caliber mortars and heavy machine guns, made several
attempts to commit provocative acts.

They also called on both countries to `accept an OSCE mechanism to
investigate ceasefire violations'. The tensions escalated in February
1988, after the predominantly Armenian-populated Nagorno-Karabakh
autonomous region announced its secession from the Azerbaijan Soviet
Socialist Republic.

http://celebcafe.org...khichevan-8131/

#78 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:32 AM

17:52 05/10/2015 » POLITICS

Unmasked fake “Armenian” website Vestiarmenii.info created by Azerbaijan propaganda

A new website, Vestiarmenii.info, introducing itself as Armenian has appeared on the net, Samvel Martirosyan, an Armenian expert on information security, writes on his blog Banman.am. 

According to the report, the website Vestiarmenii.info, created on 29 September 2015, was used by the Azerbaijani military propaganda on 3 October to legitimize a video posted online from Baku. The expert believes the website was used as an answer to the reports of the Armenian side about a closed screening of a video showing the destruction of Azerbaijani military bases. 

The chronology of the reporting is as follows: on 3 October in the morning, the Azerbaijani media ran a video allegedly showing the annihilation of Armenian troops. Later, the Azerbaijani website Report.az cited “some Armenian sources in the social media” as reporting about the above mentioned operation. The rest of the Azerbaijani media circulated the report citing Report.az. 

The source of the video is a YouTube account registered under the name Karen Petrosyan on 2 October. Remarkably, the only note in the video description is a link to an article published on an allegedly Armenian website “Vestiarmenii.info,” unknown before. The article was titled “Где ваша логика, господин Сейра́н Оганя́н?” (Russian: “Where is your logic, Mr Seyrán Ohanyán?” (the Defense Minister of Armenia)

This title itself indicates that the website cannot be Armenian, as “an Armenian would hardly write vowels with graphic accents.” “Notably, the Defense minister’s name and surname are written with graphic accents. There can only be one reason – the author did not know the minister’s name and copied it from Wikipedia,” Martirosyan points noting that the names in the Russian Wikipedia are written exactly that way. He highlights that a competent Armenian journalist would hardly search the Defense Minister’s name in the online encyclopedia. 

The expert further brings up another proof that the website belongs to the Azerbaijani propaganda. The email kalibra0815@gmail.com, on which the domain name of the website is registered, as well as the nick kalibra0815 can be found only in one place on the Internet – the website Anti-Armenia.org, the Azerbaijani hackers’ main platform. The user kalibra0815 was registered there at the beginning of September. “The email kalibra0815@gmail.com also appeared on Anti-Armenia.org and is still preserved in Google cache,” Martirosyan notes. 

The Azerbaijani propagandists creating fake “Armenian” platforms for using it as a “legalizator” of their propaganda, attracting Armenian users and circulating false information among them is nothing new. The notorious website ArmenianReport.com is a vivid example unmasked long ago.
Related:
Azerbaijani media hack news outlet in attempt to legalize disinformation about losses of Armenian side

Source: Panorama.am

#79 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:50 AM

Azerbaijan continuously violates ceasefire in Karabakh conflict zone
Azerbaijan continuously violates ceasefire in Karabakh conflict zone
October 6, 2015 - 11:21 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Azerbaijani armed forces continuously violated the ceasefire on the contact line with Nagorno Karabakh on the night of October 5-6.

According to the NKR Defense Ministry, 100 ceasefire violations by Azerbaijani armed forces were registered in the reporting period, with over 2000 shots fired from various caliber weapons, 82- mm mortars.

Karabakh defense forces continue controlling the situation, retaliating in case of necessity.

Secretary General of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) is confident that further escalation is unacceptable in Karabakh conflict zone.

“Use of heavy weapons against peaceful settlements is absolutely unacceptable,” Nikolai Bordyuzha said at the closing ceremony of Indestructible Brotherhood 2015 military exercise in Armenia. “It is troubling that the numerous statements by the Collective Security Council and the Council of the CSTO Foreign Ministers had no impact on Armenia’s neighbors.”

“I believe Armenian armed forces are capable of ensuring security, stability and territorial integrity of the country,” Bordyuzha stressed

#80 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:27 AM

ANCC CONDEMNS AZERBAIJAN'S GROWING ANTI-ARMENIAN AGGRESSION - LETTER TO FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER OF CANADA

October 6, 2015

Letter to Foreign Affairs Minister of Canada Rob Nicholson

The Honourable Robert Nicholson, P.C. M.P.

Minister of Foreign Affairs 125 Sussex Drive

Ottawa, Ontario

K1A 0G2

Dear Minister:

I am writing to you on behalf of the Armenian National Committee
of Canada (ANCC) in regards to the recent escalation of tensions
perpetrated by the Republic of Azerbaijan along its borders with the
Republic of Armenia and the Nagorn-Karabakh Republic (NKR).

In late September, the Azerbaijani army shelled civilian targets in
Armenian villages in the border region of Tavush in the north-east of
Armenia. These unprovoked attacks killed three civilian women, two
of whom were elderly. Azerbaijan also fired in the direction of the
town of Noyemberyan in the same region for the first time in ten years.

These artillery attacks led to shelling on both sides of the border
which in turn resulted in the deaths of several Armenian service
members. All of this activity was in violation of a ceasefire
agreement between Armenia and Azerbaijan and contrary to all norms
of international law.

These attacks were timed to coincide with meetings of the Armenian
and Azerbaijani foreign ministers and international negotiators from
the OSCE Minsk Group. The attacks are an attempt by the Azerbaijani
government to improve its bargaining position by involving Armenia
in the ongoing conflict between Azerbaijan and the people of NKR.

Armenian civilians and military personnel are paying with their lives
to prop up the corrupt and dictatorial Aliyev regime and Armenian
border villages are under constant threat so that Azerbaijan gains
concessions in what is meant to be a peaceful bargaining process.

Following these attacks, the OSCE Minsk Group proposed various
measures to monitor ceasefire violations and to reduce tensions
along the contact lines between Armenia and Azerbaijan and NKR and
Azerbaijan. All measures were rejected by Azerbaijan.

Canada's government cannot sit silently while this conflict
escalates. Prime Minister Harper has said in other instances that
Canada cannot afford to sit by the sidelines while there are civilians
being killed by a brutal dictatorship which does not seek peace. Yet
Canada has not raised its peaceful voice in this case. Many of Canada's
allies have already delivered forceful responses to these attacks. The
ANCC calls upon Canada to reiterate its support for the OSCE Minsk
Group peace process and to condemn these attacks by Azerbaijan.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Girair Basmadjian,

President, Armenian National Committee of Canada

http://armenpress.am...operations.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users