Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

My favorite Lilit...

Thank you for posting this!
1st time I heard this song was in "Ktor m' Yerkinq"...

Pipoyan is one of my favorite Lilits too...:)

#42 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

LILITH, ADAM and EVE

Some regard Lilith to be the first Women’s Libber, a champion of Gender Equality.
First a joke. In a nutshell. Adam had been coming home later and later with each passing day. Finally Eve confronts him and accuse him of having another woman. He swears that Eve is the only woman. One night when Adam is fast asleep he feels fingers on his chest. He wakes up and asks “What are you doing woman”? She says- “I am counting the number of your ribs”.!

Ադամը յաջորդաբար 5 օր ուշ կու գայ տուն: Եւան կը սկսի կասկածիլ...
6-րդ օրը երբ Ադամ ուշ կու գայ, Եւան կ’որոշէ հարցնել անոր այս ուշացումներու մասին:
- Ադամ, հոս նայիր, այս ի՞նչ է, ամբողջ շաբաթը ուշ կու գաս տուն, հիմա ինծի ճշմարտութիւնը ըսէ, ուրիշ կին մը կա՞յ կեանքիդ մէջ:
Ադամ ինքնավստահօրէն կը պատասխանէ:
- Ոչ հոգիս, այս ի՞նչ ապուշ մտածում է, դուն միակ կինն ես այս աշխարհի վրայ:
Կը լուացուին եւ ընթրիքէն ետք, Ադամը քունի կ’անցնի:
Կէս գիշերին Ադամ կ’արթննայ եւ կը տեսնէ, որ Եւան իր կուրծքը կը զննէ:
Ի՞նչ կ’ընես Եւա հոգիս, կը հարցնէ Ադամ:
Եւան անուշ ժպիտով մը կը պատասխանէ.
- Կը հաշուեմ կուրծքիդ ոսկորները

The legend is that God created both Adam and Lilith from the same material, and that they were equal. Lilith insisted on equality and refused to submission, i.e Who would be on top.. After many quarrels she finally walked away. Then God created Eve, a submissive woman from a rib of Adam.
So! What are our Armenian women? Are they the assertive Lilith or the submissive Eve?

LILITH AND EVE
Legend has it that Lilith was Adam's first wife, created together with him on the Sixth Day and from the same materials. Some say Lilith was created a little later, after Adam complained to God that he alone of the creatures of the earth had no partner. Either way, Lilith was created independently from and equal to Adam, and this led to problems.
Not least of them arose because Adam always liked to be on top when making love. No doubt this was merely a symptom of deeper differences, but it was the issue that caused the rift in the end. After a particularly fierce argument which Adam attempted to win by force, Lilith in fury uttered the mystical, ineffable Name of the Almighty, clapped her hands and flew away.
Adam complained to Jehovah that he had been abandoned, so God sent three angels to persuade Lilith to return home. They found her on the shores of the Red sea in a place populated by a particularly lascivious breed of demon, from whose attentions she had been giving birth to a hundred more little demons every day. At least, that is how the angels reported it in Adam's version of events.
The three angels tried to coax Lilith to return to Adam but she only laughed: 'How could I go back to Adam after the entertainment I have enjoyed here?' The angels threatened to kill her but she only dared them to try. Which they did, and failed because she had learned some magical tricks in her exile. But after a great battle they managed to bundle her into the Outer Darkness and slaughter her offspring.
Adam meanwhile had been provided with a new mate in the form of Eve, who was fashioned from his rib in the hope that this would bind her more dutifully to him. And the rest of their tale is famous enough not to need repeating here..

====
In the Arabic mythology they call Lilith Leila, meaning “night/darkness”.
See “Leila wa Majnun”.

Edited by Arpa, 12 April 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#43 Nvard

Nvard

Gatita :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:everything..

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

shat, bayc Liliti het inch kap uni? :P

#44 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

shat, bayc Liliti het inch kap uni? :P

I am assuming that Ed is playing on the fact that the name in Arabic means Leyla /gisher/night.

#45 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

yerkustel chkrahetsiq te inch imast uner nkar@ ;)

Arpa jan, du hastat yeritasard jamanak siraharvats es yexel lilit anunov meke vra :)

yes hima ktexapoxem u mer Masisi hamar nor Topic kbatsem.

#46 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:24 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users