• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 websolutions

websolutions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:38 AM

Not so long ago I was notified that PHPBB has released its 3rd, stable version of the web based forum application. For those who are interested in having your own forum PHPBB3 is the way to go. The previous versions 1,2, were not as secure and allowed SPAMMERs create fake accounts and post all kind of crap on the forum. How does PHPBB3 different than Invision Board you ask? Well, PHPBB3 is open source/free to the public to install and utilize within its confines. I am currently working on one installation and so far so good, I will share the demo link later. If you have any questions about this topic let me know.

WS

#2 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:15 AM

Yes I have a question - do you think anyone here cares what's the latest version of phpBB and how your installation goes?

#3 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:59 AM

Why would there be a need for another forum when there's Hyeforum? biggrin.gif

#4 websolutions

websolutions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ Jan 15 2008, 01:59 AM)
Why would there be a need for another forum when there's Hyeforum? biggrin.gif

lol, here is one that I setup yesterday: Instant Domain Name Search and Whois (www.livedomainsearch.com/forum)

#5 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

I made a word document today tongue.gif

#6 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

I made a word document in google.

#7 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

I made a text document!!!

#8 websolutions

websolutions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Jan 15 2008, 08:23 PM)
I made a text document!!!

nice, but do you know how to make QUFTA? Now that's something worthwhile! lol

#9 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:23 AM

I made a Qufta on photoshop once!!!

#10 Dynaman

Dynaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Shooting, Electronics Engineering, Koi Collecting, Welding, and especially playing music. Rock guitarist 30 yrs. + now. Ouch!

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

You know WS:

I am kind of interested in doing that. It wouldn't be an Armenian forum, but what is involved? Is it free? How much work is involved?

Aram

Edited by Dynaman, 16 January 2008 - 01:44 PM.

#11 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

Websolutions, nice way to do publicity for your site and use hyeforu to change its google ranking.

#12 websolutions

websolutions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Dynaman @ Jan 16 2008, 01:43 PM)
You know WS:

I am kind of interested in doing that. It wouldn't be an Armenian forum, but what is involved? Is it free? How much work is involved?

Aram

Aram, you can do this by downloading the PHPBB3 forum installation package and uploading it to your main directory. If you do not have a Web Hosting account you won't be able to do this, to get one go to the following site: Instant Domain Search And Web Hosting Deals (http://www.livedomainsearch.com) search for a proper domain name, choose a web hosting company from the list, I prefer Blue Host and purchase a 1 year subscription, it should only cost you about $120 - $140 bucks per year. Once everything is set and running, let me know and I will do the upload for you and the installation. However, you will be responsible for creating the forums and modifying the settings from the ADMIN panel.

Let me know if you have any questions.

WS

#13 websolutions

websolutions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (DominO @ Jan 16 2008, 01:55 PM)
Websolutions, nice way to do publicity for your site and use hyeforu to change its google ranking.

thanks, I love your compliment however, hyeforum does not pass any link-juice to the site I manage, as it is a public forum with many categories. I did see refers and usage though.

thanks again, is there anything I can help you accomplish? Let me know...

Q & A time!

WS

#14 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (websolutions @ Jan 16 2008, 06:00 PM)
thanks, I love your compliment however, hyeforum does not pass any link-juice to the site I manage, as it is a public forum with many categories. I did see refers and usage though.

Q & A time!

WS

I'm not certain, but I don't think that's what Domino was getting at....

#15 websolutions

websolutions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (vava @ Jan 16 2008, 05:05 PM)
I'm not certain, but I don't think that's what Domino was getting at....

I don't really care where he was going with it, I said my piece. I am not doing anything different from you or any other forum members, am I?

#16 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (websolutions @ Jan 16 2008, 06:00 PM)

Q & A time!

WS

Then I guess you would not have any problem if a moderator kills the hyperlink, requiring a copypast to access your site? smile.gif

#17 websolutions

websolutions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (DominO @ Jan 16 2008, 05:56 PM)
Then I guess you would not have any problem if a moderator kills the hyperlink, requiring a copypast to access your site? smile.gif

lol -- wtf do you want from my post (s)? If they really want to kill my threads, let them do as they wish, I couldn't care one bit, all they will do is loose another highly knowledgeable resource who contributes to this forum with information that members are interested in. Please don't post mindless replies, especially when you have not introduced yourself.

#18 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (websolutions @ Jan 16 2008, 07:06 PM)
lol -- wtf do you want from my post (s)? If they really want to kill my threads, let them do as they wish, I couldn't care one bit, all they will do is loose another highly knowledgeable resource who contributes to this forum with information that members are interested in. Please don't post mindless replies, especially when you have not introduced yourself.

You don't have to jump to guns, no one said anything about killing your threads. It's just that you've started two thread about a cool site and there is one master thread pinned which is meant for this. And then a third one again to announce another side. I just assumed you're posting here to make publicity. You have to admit that with a username like Websolutions and this, its sound as a single purpouse account, not that it should make any differences though. (should it?)

Edited by DominO, 16 January 2008 - 06:18 PM.

#19 websolutions

websolutions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (DominO @ Jan 16 2008, 06:17 PM)
You don't have to jump to guns, no one said anything about killing your threads. It's just that you've started two thread about a cool site and there is one master thread pinned which is meant for this. And then a third one again to announce another side. I just assumed you're posting here to make publicity. You have to admit that with a username like Websolutions and this, its sound as a single purpouse account, not that it should make any differences though. (should it?)

I get your point, the truth is I am trying to bring something new to the table. My main category is technology: web, marketing, VOIP, portable devices, etc, so I will be contributing in that specific area using my works as real world examples. My intent here is not to SPAMM or promote for the sake of promoting, my intent is to help others our with their web related questions and endeavours.

Hope this clears things up...

WS

#20 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

Vbulletin destroys PHPBB in every way. It may cost $ but it's worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users