• 21,599 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:20 AM

A1+

Online “wars,” Azerbaijani MFA’s accusation against American-Armenian figure
  • 11:28 | November 15,2017 | Politics
  • Հայ
  •  
comp-472x265.jpg

Recently, Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hikmet Hajiyev on Twitter posted accusation against Aram Hamparian, head of the Washington-based Armenian-American office, calling him a terrorist and mafia leader. Hamparian told “Voice of America” ​​that even though he was surprised by the received from Azerbaijani state official, he considers this logical.

“Ilham Aliyev  publicly stated that the number one enemy is the Armenian lobby, so it is logical that his colleagues attack the Armenian lobby.”

Aram Hamparian belives that this is not soemthign serios, as the serious attacks are going on in the battlefield by taking away human lives.

“Online attacks are not so serious. As a result, nobody is physically injured, they do not take lives. ”
Thus, he is trying to treat the Azeri official’s accusations with humor.

#682 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

ay ay ay ay

#683 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

This is funny!!!!!!! asseri Spy sheep!!!!!!!!!! caught spying for Armenia!!!!!!!!!

Armenpress News Agency , Armenia

December 12, 2017 Tuesday

Servicemen, prostitutes and shepherd – 400 arrested in Azerbaijan for
conspiring with Armenian intelligence services

YEREVAN, DECEMBER 12, ARMENPRESS. Hundreds of people are arrested in
Azerbaijan who are suspected of cooperation with the special services
of Armenia, ARMENPRESS reports Azerbaijani meydan.tv informs.

New details have been published by Azerbaijani news outlets over the
scandalous case launched in May regarding the spying for Armenia.
Hundreds of people have been interrogated in the region of Aghdam
being suspected in cooperation with Armenian special services. Dozens
of servicemen have been arrested and interrogated, as well as one
shepherd and civilians who are charged with state treason.

A former officer of the Azerbaijani army told in the sidelines of the
investigation that a shepherd and his sheep are involved in the case.
According to the source, the incident took place in Aghdam region,
near the contact line.

“Early in the morning we suddenly heard someone was captured at the
watch post. But it wasn't a soldier. Instead it was a shepherd who
told us he was grazing his sheep. We reported it to our commander."

According to the soldier, the commander took one sheep, and then told
the soldiers to leave the shepherd and the rest of the sheep alone.

The soldiers argued with the commander. They said the Armenian border
watchers could see where the sheep traveled, and they would know there
were no land mines in those spots. They told the commander he was
endangering all his soldiers.

“The other side (Armenian soldiers) watch us just like we do. It’s
simple: if there is a mine, either the sheep or the shepherd himself
will be blown up. The Armenians are not going to shoot the shepherd.
He and the sheep are giving them good information”.

Accusations of cooperating with the enemy were reported to a commander
in a nearby military unit, and quickly an investigation began. It
expanded from the original incident as hundreds of soldiers and
citizens were held and interrogated. Some have been released; others
are still awaiting trial on treason charges.

A local government official says rumors of treason spread quickly.
“Imagine that you wake up in the morning, and you start hearing that a
lot of your neighbors are working for Armenians," the official said.
"You start to suspect everyone. The local people were horrified by
these stories. People that you used to know for a long time, the
people that you see everyday, accused of working for Armenia.”

The official said that in addition to soldiers, shepherds, taxi
drivers and even prostitutes were arrested. Some of these civilians
remain in jail along with some of the soldiers, awaiting trial on
treason charges.

"A lot of people were arrested," the official said. “One person who
was accused, Mehman Huseynov, was beaten to death by interrogators.
His relatives wanted to bury him next to his father. But villagers
protested, so he was buried outside the cemetery”.

#684 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

PanArmenian, Armenia
Jan 24 2018

Hysteria over garbage cans ‘painted in Azeri flag colors due to Armenians’
251172.jpg
January 24, 2018 - 11:16 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - A photo of garbage cans allegedly painted in the colors of the Azerbaijani flag and installed at Mega shopping center in Moscow has been spreading through social media. The waste container also has the inscription "The color matters" on it.

The picture raised hysteria not only among ordinary Azerbaijanis, but also in political circles, and reached the point of absurdity with the Azeris accusing Armenians of deliberate insult and provocation. By the way, the garbage cans look quite ordinary and are divided into three colored sections - blue for paper, red for plastic and green for other waste.

“We are worried about garbage cans painted in the colors of the Azerbaijani flag. This is insulting. I think Russia will soon solve this problem,” said Azeri lawmaker Aydin Mirzazade.

“Those who committed the provocation seek to raise discontent with Russia in Azerbaijan. Perhaps the reason for this is the purchase of new weapons from Moscow. Diasporan Armenians are thus trying to spoil the friendly relations between the two countries.”

http://www.panarmeni...ng/news/251172/

#685 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

http://www.tert.am/e...-metric/2649177

Russian-Turkish venture to issue Schengen Visas to Armenian citizens

A Russian-Turkish company has been authorized to process the visa applications of Armenian citizens travelling to Germany, the Benelux countries, Austria and Sweden.

VisaMetric is planning to launch its services on April 3, German Ambassador Matthias Kiesler told a conference in Yerevan.

He said that the company has won bids in Armenia and several other countries “which appreciated its many years' experience and quality services”.

The diplomat ruled out any personal bias or intervention, adding that the entire selection process was absolutely impartial.

Asked to comment on the concerns that Armenia has no diplomatic relations with Turkey, Mr Kiesler said he only knows the organizers initially intended to make the company's services applicable in the Caucasus region and several Asian countries.

“Personal data protection is an extremely high value for us, so we can give absolute confidentiality guarantees. The office will be headed by an Armenian representative and have only Armenian employees,” he added.

The company will charge an equivalent of US $20 for each visa application.

#686 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

http://www.tert.am/e...8-vOR8.facebook

Online petition asks Putin to appoint Armenian businessman to prime minister’s post

An online petition has been launched on Change.org in support of a plan to promote a Moscow-based Armenian billionaire to the post of Russia’s prime minister.

The authors of the initiative have posted their letter on the internet platform, requesting President Vladimir Putin to consider the candidacy of Sergei Galitsky, the founder of the retail chain Magnit.

“Only in case of such a prime minister can Russia realize its Development Plan,” read part of the letter.

The bid, which has already attracted more than 300 online signatures, contains biographic records about the businessman.

#687 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

We are supposed to conduct negotiations with these humanoids?

https://armenpress.a...ews/927884.html

Estonian citizen barred from entering Baku in airport because of Armenian ethnicity

EREVAN, MARCH 28, ARMENPRESS. Azerbaijani authorities have banned Karine Oganesyan, an ethnic Armenian citizen of Estonia, who serves as a member of the Tallinn city council, from entering the country at the Baku airport. Oganesyan said on Facebook that she departed to Azerbaijan on March 23 to participate in an international conference of teachers
Oganesyan had officially received an electronic visa and departed to Baku as part of the Estonian delegation. But, immediately upon arrival in the airport, Azerbaijani authorities noticed the Estonian citizen’s Armenian surname, and barred her from entering the country and sent her back to Estonia after 12 hours of detention in a special zone.
Armenia’s Ambassador to Estonia Tigran Mkrtchyan weighed in on the incident, saying: “This conduct once again displays the racist and intolerant nature of Baku authorities. Baku, which is absorbed in anti-Armenian policy, is once again displaying cynical conduct towards European values, values which are so strange for itself. I hope the Estonian side will make conclusions and will adequately react to this deplorable story, and will protect the interests of its citizen. European institutions shouldn’t remain indifferent too, since Estonia is a EU member and Karine Oganesyan is a EU citizen.
And generally, if any country is unable to receive all participants and accompanying staff who were invited to international conferences based on various motives, then the appropriateness of organizing similar events in the given country should be seriously revised”.

#688 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

ArmenPress, Armenia
May 29 2018

Huh? Azerbaijani hackers target Armenia, oops – Colombia

YEREVAN, MAY 29, ARMENPRESS. Seems like Azerbaijani hackers couldn’t stay idle yesterday as Armenia was celebrating Republic Day.

Unknown hackers have breached the Instagram account of Artyom Simonyan, a football player of the Armenian national team. The hackers have renamed the account using highly offensive language, saying : “[expletive] Armenia”.

The hackers identified themselves as “Azerbaijan Cyber Army” and made three posts on the account – two videos and one photo, as well as a new profile photo. One of the videos shows a drawing of an eagle with the colors of the Azerbaijani flag with Azerbaijani music playing on the background.

The photo shows soldiers and three flags, two Azerbaijani and one Turkish.

The other video, perhaps the most “interesting” one, causes ridiculous amusement. The highly amateur video depicts two soldiers fighting. The two have flags in their uniforms. One of the soldiers has the Azerbaijani flag on his back, while the other one – well, the Colombian flag. Yes, that’s right, the Colombian. If you put the Armenian flag upside down you get the Colombian flag. But we can’t say for sure whether or not the Azerbaijani hackers decided to attack Colombia also or this is simply an embarrassing gaffe. The video also shows a third actor – a soldier wearing the Turkish flag, who shoots down “Colombia” in the end.

English –translator/editor: Stepan Kocharyan

#689 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

:P

Arminfo, Armenia
June 20 2018

Baku attempts to take credit for Pashinyan's victory

Yerevan June 20

Marianna Mkrtchyan. Baku tries to take credit for Nikol Pashinyan's
victory. Azerbaijan's Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov is convinced that
the Supreme Commander-in- Chief Ilham Aliyev brought down Serzh
Sargsyan's government diplomatically, without using any weaponry, APA
reports.

He also stated that the Azerbaijani military is trying by all means to
defeat the enemy (Armenia). Hasanov also considers that Armenia has
launched a massive information war against Azerbaijan. ''We all must
put up a fight against the enemy. Armenian special service agencies
are using social networking to cause us to lose our confidence.
Respected media representatives should beware of such provocations. I
ask media workers to be careful. The media are a huge force. This
force must join the fight against the enemy'', APA quotes Hasanov as
saying.

#690 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

Panorama, Armenia
Oct 24 2018

Aliyev's chat with robot Sophia becomes source of much mockery

f5bd046f5bd059_5bd046f5bd097.thumb.jpg

Media and tech darling Sophia, the world’s most famous humanoid robot, came to Azerbaijan and had a short but awkward exchange with President Ilham Aliyev, drawing mirthful reactions from Azerbaijanis, EurasiaNet reports.

“Mr. President, I am pleased to meet with you. I came yesterday and Azerbaijan has amazed me. I have seen Baku’s unique architectural style, modern buildings and other technological achievements," Sophia said on October 22, as she met with Aliyev in the southern Azerbaijani city of Imishli. Both were attending the opening ceremony of an ASAN service center, the country's e-government platform.

“Despite your busy schedule you have visited Azerbaijan and it pleases us very much," Aliyev responded in English, adding a pitch for ASAN. “We are opening together with you a new ASAN center. It is also innovation and it reflects our capacity and intention to build up our modern country.”

Sophia has already visited Armenia and Georgia this year, but this appears to have been her first conversation with a regional head of state.

The exchange, predictably, was a bit forced, and evoked a good deal of mockery among Azerbaijanis.

Elmar Imanov, a Germany-based Azerbaijani filmmaker, posted a video of the interaction on Facebook with the caption: “Find the robot.”

Activist Bakhtiyar Hajiyev noted that Aliyev plugged ASAN – aimed at eliminating corruption in government institutions – as an international model. “Sophia is an intelligent girl, and thinks that if there is no bribe, then how can it be exported to the world as an Azerbaijani brand?” Hajiyev joked in a Facebook post.

Some saw Sophia's obsequiousness as appropriate for the context. “The poor robot knows that the only way to survive in Azerbaijan is to praise," said one Facebook user. “We shouldn't be surprised,” another user wrote. “Eighty percent of Azerbaijanis are like robots, they do what they're told.”

Aliyev ended the chat with a bit of his own flattery. “You are very smart and beautiful,” Aliyev told Sophia, who responded with a shy smile to the president. Afterwards, as is standard practice with all official meetings, both sides came together to take a photo.

https://www.panorama...-Sophia/2023060

#691 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:42 AM

soo it's ok  for robot to visit Armenia First then visit azerbujan ?

#692 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:16 PM

Mind you in Yerevan Sophia has been accessible at large to the public. In Azveristan the public is accessible to Sophia:)))

#693 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

Soon Sophia will be on the famous black list of Azerbaboonjan for visiting Artsakh!

#694 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:35 AM

https://gagrule.net/...-border-guards/

How much you can trust a drunk Cossack?

Armenian villager lost tens of thousands of dollars due to negligence of Russian border guards

A tractor and a lawn mowing machine of Gor Karapetyan, a 61-year-old resident of the village of Haykavan in the Shirak region, was stolen due to the negligence and bad work of the Russian guards on the Armenian-Turkish border. Traces lead to Turkey.

Speaking to Panorama.am, Karapetyan said that the tractor had broken down while lawn mowing in a field belonging to Getashen community in the 3rd zone of the border zone in September.

“On September 30, the lawnmower broke down, I left it at the side of the road, 1.5-2 km away from the bar. Before going home, I informed the guards that I had left the tractor and the lawnmower close to the  crossroads. I went home at 4:20pm that day, and I said, I’d go back the next day early in the morning, “said Haykavan resident.

The next day, the man went to repair the machine to finish mowing the field.

“They said that the commander was not there, they would let me in two hours later. By the time the commander came, it was past 12 pm. I headed where I had left the machines, the tractor was not there. I did not believe my eyes, and started wondering whether the tractor had been stolen. I did not find there neither my tractor nor the lawnmower. I found the tail lights of the tractor lying there smashed. No trails of the lawnmower. I told the border guards that my equipments had been stolen and showed them the smashed parts,” said Karapetyan.

Then they made a call, some officers arrived and found that the trails were leading to Turkey, Bazrgyan village.

“At that moment, they called me in Gyumri, they came, took shots and measurements. They sent a letter to the Turkish side. They exchanged something with Turkish soldiers, I don’t know what, I did not understand,” he said.

About 50 days after the incident, Karapetyan went to the Russian guards again to see if they hadnews over the stolen a tractor. They said the machine had reached Bazrgyan village and there are no traces anymore.

“They have been stolen from where the border guards should be watching and monitoring. They haven’t been doing their work properly then if such a thing happened. They didn’t pay enough attention. The operation should have taken about 3-4 hours. My equipments cost $ 20,000. Additionally, the mowed grass is still in the field. The tractor and the mower were the source of income for my family. Now I’ve lost my equipments, the grass is left in the snow, my income is gone, and moreover, now I have to buy grass for the cattle, ” said the resident of Haikavan.

The villager has appealed to the Russian Frontier Service, the NSS Amasia division, the military police, and the Onbudsman today.

He is well aware that Armenia does not have diplomatic relations with Turkey, but says the Russians can negotiate, find the stolen equipments and return them. Russian border guards have not offered any compensation options.

“I inquired what should be done in case the machines were not found. They did not say anything, did not suggest anything. I do not want new equipments, I want mine back, or let them give me a compensation at a market price, “he said.

The villager thinks that Yerevan is not aware of the problem, otherwise it would be resolved.

#695 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 12:31 PM

woW 

#696 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 10:06 AM

Commentary
            Bizarre Turkish News: For the Amusement
            Of Readers During the Holiday Season
            By Harut Sassounian
            Publisher, The California Courier
            www.TheCaliforniaCourier.com

Throughout this past year, I have collected several examples of
eccentric reports or rules imposed on Turkish society. Naturally,
millions of liberal and civilized Turks are unhappy with these behind
the times regulations, but as long as Pres. Erdogan is in power, such
draconian measures will continue to be imposed on all Turkish
citizens. Here are some examples:

— Pinar Tremblay of Al-Monitor reported that Turkey’s Diyanet, the
Religious Affairs Directorate’s website, announced on February 3, 2018
that “based on the well-known words of the Prophet Muhammad, Muslims
are advised to eat and drink with the right hand and to teach their
children to do the same because the ‘devil eats with the left hand.’”
How about those who are left-handed or don’t have a right arm,
wondered many members of the Turkish public?

— Ihsan Senocak, a well-known Islamic Imam, resigned from the Diyanet
in February after his controversial announcement that women who wear
pants are sinners destined for hell! Senocak had also announced that a
man should not kiss the hand of his young mother-in-law because it
could lead to temptation.

— Mahmut Acar, a local resident of nearby Incirlik Air Base in Turkey
told Sputnik News that U.S. soldiers stationed there are buying
Turkish children and then taking them to the United States to convert
them to Christianity.

— Yavuz Ornek, a Turkish lecturer at Istanbul University, stated on
Turkish television on January 6 that Noah communicated with his son
via a cell phone before the flood. Ornek also claimed that Noah built
his ark with steel plates and it ran on nuclear energy. “I am a
scientist, I speak for science,” Ornek insisted.

— The Turkish Directorate of Religious Affairs announced that girls as
young as nine years old and boys at the age of 12 can get married.

— The Diyanet also issued several fatwas (religious edicts) announcing
that “Bitcoins are inappropriate at this time.” A second one stated
that dyeing men’s hair black is inappropriate according to Islam. A
third one forbade the purchase of lottery tickets or working at a
place where alcohol is sold. A fourth one banned listening to “immoral
music.” But the most controversial fatwa was the one announcing that a
man can divorce his wife via a telephone call, email, text message or
letter. Such means of declaring divorce is supposed to be as good as
saying it to the spouse’s face. The only thing the wife has to make
sure is that the text message or email is from her husband.

— Newsweek quoted a Turkish Islamic preacher announcing on the
religious television station Fatih Medreseleri that men without beards
“cannot be distinguished from women” and can provoke “indecent
thoughts” by other men. “Men should grow beards. [Beards are] one of
the two body parts that separate men from women,” Murat Bayaral
stated. “If you see a man with long hair from afar, you may think he
is a woman if he does not have a beard, because nowadays, women and
men dress similarly. God forbid! You could be possessed by indecent
thoughts,” he explained, expressing the fear that men might look at
members of the same sex with sexual interest.

— As I reported in an earlier article, former Turkish Deputy Prime
Minister Bulent Arinc had announced that “women should not laugh out
loud in public!”

According to Newsweek, the foregoing reports indicate that Pres.
Erdogan is trying to take Turkey “down an increasingly religious path
with a new version of Islamic nationalism. Since the founding of
modern Turkey in 1923, the word ‘secularism’ was enshrined in Turkey’s
constitution. But Erdogan has increasingly recommended that religion
become a part of public life. Over the past year, classes on evolution
have been removed from public school curricula, and the government
permitted girls to wear headscarves in school, something that was
prohibited in the past.”

Newsweek’s reporter Cristina Maza concluded: “Today, Turkey’s
leadership faces the daunting task of determining how to govern the
more religious and the secular aspects of its society simultaneously.
‘The religious in the Muslim world have reasserted themselves in a
number of divergent streams. This has inevitably energized the Muslim
masses in Turkey,’ geopolitical forecaster George Friedman wrote in an
April op-ed for Real Clear World. ‘The secular, European culture that
had dominated the country is confronting the increasingly powerful
claims of the religious. The fundamental political and social question
is how to create a single polity built around two divergent
cultures.’”

We hope Pres. Erdogan and his old-fashioned Imams issue more bizarre
edicts in 2019 returning Turkey to the Stone Age.

• MosJan likes this

#697 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

:ap:

#698 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:40 AM

https://worldnewsdai...lt_pVFn-W2H_ECQ

“Ottomans Were The First to Reach The Moon,” says Turkish President

Istanbul| Ottomans were the first to walk on the surface of the moon, not Neil Armstrong, said Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, yesterday, during an iftar (fast-breaking) dinner hosted by the Turkish Green Crescent.
Mr. Erdoğan claimed that Muslim explorers reached the Moon more than 300 years before the beginning of the Appolo program, vowing to build a mosque “in the crater” where they landed.
“It is alleged that the first man to walk on the moon was Neil Armstrong in 1969,” Erdoğan said. “In fact, Muslim space explorers reached our satellite 334 years before that, in 1635. Everyone knows the story of the famous aviator, Lagâri Hasan Çelebi, the “Ottoman Rocket Man”, who made the first successful manned rocket flight in 1633. What you might not know, is that he attempted to reach the moon, two years later, and could very well have succeeded!”
The story of Lagari Hasan Çelebi was purported by a famous 17th century Arab merchant and traveller, Mehmed Zilli, also known as Evliya Çelebi. In his famous travelog, he explains that Lagari Hasan Çelebi launched in a 7-winged rocket using 50 okka (63.5 kg or 140 lbs) of gunpowder. It took off from Sarayburnu, a site below the Topkapı Palace in Istanbul.
As Evliya Celebi wrote, Lagari proclaimed before launch “O my sultan! Be blessed, I am going to talk to Jesus!”, before lighting the rocket’s gunpowder. He then ascended more than 200 meters in the air and landed in the sea, hundreds of meters from his takeoff point. Swimming ashore, he allegedly reported: “O my sultan! Jesus sends his regards to you!”.

President Erdoğan’s surprising claim generated some whispers and laughter from the audience, a reaction that clearly angered the Turkish politician. He slammed the skeptics for mocking his claims, adding that he would soon have the proofs to back his claims.
“Why do you not believe it? Because you’ve never believed that a Muslim can do such a thing, just like you’ve never believed that our ancestors could manage to launch ships in the Golden Horn after transporting them across land,” Erdoğan said, referring to Ottoman Sultan Mehmet II’s conquest of Istanbul in 1453. “This claim is not new. A number of academics in Turkey and in the rest of the world have made this claim, and I believe they are right. NASA may have destroyed most of the physical evidence of the Ottoman’s success during the Apollo 11 mission, but we’ll try to find any evidence that might have escaped the cover up.”
The Turkish President did not, however, give any precision about the proofs he was expecting to find nor how he was hoping to gather them.

The Turkish President did not, however, give any precision about the proofs he was expecting to find nor how he was hoping to gather them.

The story of Lagâri Hasan Çelebi is considered a legend by most historians, and most experts believe that it is impossible that the “aviator” could have survived a flight into outer space.
His first flight was, indeed, addressed in an experiment by the television show MythBusters, on November 11, 2009, in the episode “Crash and Burn”. The rocket constructed for the TV show did not adhere closely, however, to Evliya Çelebi’s descriptions and the final design did not attempt to utilize materials of the period;
The team noted that Evliya Çelebi had not sufficiently specified the alleged design used by Lagâri Hasan, but concluded that it would have been “extremely difficult” for a 17th-century figure, without access to modern steel alloys and welding techniques, to land safely or even achieve thrust at all. This conclusion was backed by the fact that, although the re-imagined rocket rose, it exploded in midflight

#699 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:09 PM

51505879_10156297275476859_9236369904972

Twitter traffic on Turkish Airlines' SuperBowl ad was overwhelmingly negative. Lots of attacks on Erdogan, Armenian Genocide denial, human rights, and even animal (parrot) abuse.

Considerable confusion over Ridley Scott’s “film.”

Plus some pushback against our ANCA tweets.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ANCA_DC

#700 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:11 AM

Asbarez.com

Better Than Comedy!
21 hours ago
Garen-Y.13-1.jpg

Garen Yegparian

BY GAREN YEGPARIAN

The high and mighty among us, those who serve them, and even those who merely THINK they are high and mighty, often serve as the best sources of humor. Mocking them requires almost no effort. Their actions and folly are just so self-evidently laughable. And sometimes, it’s just reality hitting home. Let’s enjoy! These are from the highest “quality” sources – Turkey and U.S. policy establishment whores.

Starting with a case of the “chickens coming home to roost” gives us the opportunity to laugh at poor, misunderstood, maligned, put-upon Azerbaijan. In November, Baku had its panties up in a bunch because of Yandex, a Russian owned voice assistant. It seems the query “Who are Azerbaijanis?” elicited the response “Azerbaijan is a country artificially created on the lands of Armenians, Persians, Lezgins and Georgians. That state was created for the ultimate destruction of Armenians. The Azerbaijanis, as a nation, only appeared in 1936. Before that, they were called Transcaucasian Tatars.” Don’t you just hate it when even a machine “recognizes” reality better than the humans of Baku? Doesn’t your heart just ache for poor old Ilham? After all, he just wants to be loved by everyone!

No article such as this would be complete without an Erdogan example. This time, both husband and wife provide us the entertainment, courtesy of an item in the British newspaper “Daily Mail”. The reporter describes the extravagance of way-overpaid (at £43.2million=$56.2 million the highest paid political figure on the planet) hubby-Erdoğan and his palace with its £2000 ($2600) rolls of silk wallpaper, but we already knew about him. It turns out she (Eminé to her friends) is no slouch either. She once had a shopping center in Brussels closed down so she could go on a spree, drinks “white tea” that costs £1,500/kilogram ($4300/pound), and loves pricey designer clothing (I recall a few years ago how she was described as popularizing chic Moslem head-scarves). Meanwhile, much of the country lives on under five dollars a day. But, mind you, she makes sure that lemon and appeal peels are recycled to make vinegar! How frugal of her!

While we’re on Erdogan, let’s not miss out on the wanna-be sultan’s haughty pronouncement of a “Final Warning” to the “terrorists” whose “threat toward Turkey” he plans to “eliminate”… And we’re still waiting. This finger-wagging assertion was made in late October. Of course you’ll remember he was threatening the Kurds in northern Syria who seem to scare the daylights out of him. But three and a half months later, this tyrant still hasn’t moved the armies he was massing at his border. Perhaps it’s because of winter.  It’s always usually unwise to initiate military action during the harshest season. Or, perhaps he’s just plain afraid!

Finally, let’s see what wise old Mr. Stephen Bank has by way of advice for the Republic of Armenia. This Russian/Asia/European/security issues specialist seems to think “Armenia” must “return that which is not theirs” – begging the question- does he give that same advice to Turkey, too? Does this former MacArthur Fellow at the United States Army War College have a clue about the realities of life under Azeri/Turkish domination? If this is the kind of advice people in government receive, it’s no wonder the U.S. is in international messes. His view, expressed in the first sentence of “Restoring America’s presence in a critical region” that “National Security Adviser John R. Bolton’s recent visit to the South Caucasus did a good deal to restore America’s presence in this critical region and to advance vital U.S. interests” SAYS IT ALL. This guy believes that Bolton’s troublemaking trip to the Armenian highlands was actually beneficial. Maybe he’s angling for a job with the current U.S. administration. Either way, his assertions are laughable, adding to the list of people to be shamed.

Enjoy these, compile your own, and share with others the ridiculous actions and speech of the people who supposedly know better than we do the way things ought to be.

On an unrelated but important note, Sona Armenian, is the new holder of the record for being the oldest woman to summit Aconcagua, at 22,837 feet above sea level the highest point in South America. She will presenting her climb on February 27, 7:30 at the Armenian Society of Los Angeles (117 S Louise St, Glendale, CA 91205). Don’t miss it if you’re in town.

http://asbarez.com/1...St_nYwR3mvb5fjY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users