Photo

Compromise

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(nairi @ Aug 16 2007, 06:02 AM)
You're one of them though. wink.gif

As per usual, Arman has started this thread with gender in the back of his mind, rather than compromise. If it was a discussion on compromise that he truly cared about, he would not have attacked women in his first post. Instead of saying: "all women want to compromise, and I hate that," he could have just as easily said: "Let's talk about compromise. What do you think?" without bringing gender as a divisive tool. He does the same with race, sexuality, and anything else that potentially forms groups and divides them, thinking he is being intelligent and different, instead of silly and shallow.

And this is where nairi replies to me without replying to me directly. It's that stage of the thread where she is already fed up after buttons being pushed. Thinking she is psychic and knows my motivations, she will spill her opinion because it's better to ignore everything else. She would much rather make assumptions and generalizations, all the while claiming she hates generalizations and mice who make them. When I stated that I talk about women, because as a man, this thread is written from the perspective of me as a man, she wouldn't believe that and why should she, right? She won't have that! How dare anyone introduce anything related to subjective perceptions, and the ability to differentiate between things! That is how racists are born! After pointing out nairi's hypocrisy, she became even more inflamed and irate. That is the way she is. She cannot possibly stand dissent, disagreement or anything or anyone that has views that fall way beyond her ideological prism of no stereotypes, men are evil, women can do no wrong, and "I am always right because I can't stand criticism."

Edited by Anonymouse, 16 August 2007 - 08:21 AM.

#82 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:57 AM

Get a life.

#83 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(nairi @ Aug 16 2007, 02:57 PM)
Get a life.

Nairi. Are you my alter ego? Eeven if we may have different physique. tongue.gif
Who is this "anony-clown" anyway!
He has not said anything relevent to our quest. It is doubltful that he is Armenian, reads and writes in Armenian. Show me!
What the hell is his mission?
He is all over the inernet, all the way from hayastan.com to hyeforum. Does he really HAVE A LIFE? Or is his aim to make LIFE miserable to th erat of us.
Dear mods. Is it not time to "KILL/ban" him, and have him find another masturbatory playground? And leave space for those with a full count of marbles speak?
I know. I know. My PM box will probably overflow with hate mail. Not to worry. I know how to delete them.

Edited by Arpa, 16 August 2007 - 09:16 AM.

#84 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(Sip @ Aug 14 2007, 06:40 PM)
Note to self: Don't go to Ed's house for dinner on "Mexican" night. ohmy.gif tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
BTW, I am loved by everyone at work. Where does that leave me and my fart? Oh wait, I respect people's noses by curbing my most natural - and I do mean natural - right even if some people have no qualms with polluting my breathing air with that "cool" thing they call smoking or making a commotion out of being reminded about some manners...

What's the big deal about compromise, adapting, trade-offs, and middle-ways? It's not just with couples, it's a fact of life with almost every kind of relationship out there. To not go through any of those would mean either you live on an island or are like those German eldsters who die and the police find out only when they break into their houses N years later. Still, of course, to each their own. I see little in the way of a relationship between, say, a woman's making a man (whatever) over and compromise. It's ruts and growing old, losing that joie de vivre and turning on themselves or something... My observation is that this is more common with aging females, but then it is also common knowledge that teenage guys, who are no less affected by mid-life crises later on in their lives and ending up doing stupid things, are also interested in only sex during a certain period of their lives, exceptions not screwing the rule. Big whoop. Let's discover America all over again/make America over...

#85 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Aug 16 2007, 04:59 PM)
Nairi. Are you my alter ego? Eeven if we may have different physique. tongue.gif
He has not said anything relevent to our quest. It is doubltful that he is Armenian, reads and writes in Armenian. Show me!
He is all over the inernet, all the way from hayastan.com to hyeforum. Does he really HAVE A LIFE? Or is his aim to make LIFE miserable to th erat of us.
Dear mods. Is it not time to "KILL/ban" him, and have him find another masturbatory playground? And leave space for those with a full count of marbles speak?
I know. I know. My PM box will probably overflow with hate mail. Not to worry. I know how to delete them.

smile.gif

#86 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Aug 16 2007, 09:59 AM)

Hayastan.com? I have never even been on that website my little urchin. It seems I am upsetting the balance of the force between Nairi and her woodland friends.

#87 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(Edward @ Aug 14 2007, 02:46 PM)
No Sip, after I eat the Mexican I jump into the hot tub and enjoy a nice bubble bath with a cigar and chardoney wine pal.

and so my German shephard biggrin.gif

You know Sip what I think? I think after all that the poor German shephard collapses for hours or goes into a coma. biggrin.gif

At least I think that it's a possibility, don't you think? biggrin.gif

#88 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(Sasun @ Aug 15 2007, 12:33 PM)
That is what sets apart great men from average men, because the former have a different purpose in life and don't have the needs of an average person.

Yes it's true. Though I was merely stating the other side of the coin as well. But most people are in the category of an average person.

Coming to relationships, there are many little things that one can compromise to accomodate for the legitimate needs or even weeknesses of the partner. But that doesn't mean one has to compromise who he/she is. Small things are well worth to give up to make your other half happy, but to give up your fundamental values to change yourself so as to satisfy the whims of your partner is not the right way to go IMO. For example, if I like to listen to classical music but I am asked not to do that I will say NO. But if I have to lower the volume not to disturb then I will do that, that really does not change who I am.

The bottom line is love, respect and mutual understanding. When these are in place you don't have to think hard to figure out what needs to be compromised and what needs not. A loving partner will never ask you to give up what is important for you but will in fact sacrifice some of his/her things to accomodate you. If this is mutual then both will live in a happy and harmonious way and willingly change themselves to be better persons.

Yes Sasun, then you and I think alike; because I said similar thoughts with slightly different wordings. Of course I agree. smile.gif

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 16 August 2007 - 10:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users