A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:55 AM

VODKA LEMON (Vodka Leyműn)

Director: Hiner Saleem
Cast: Romen Avinian, Lala Sarkissian, Ivan Franek
France-Italy-Switzerland-Armenia 2003 / 90m / Armenian, Kurdish with English subtitles / PG

"Hiner Saleem's gentle tragi-comedy tells of Hamo, an aging widower, who finds love in, of all places, a cemetery. But it's also the story of his tiny Kurdish village – a remote, snowbound outpost where the real and the surreal agreeably co-exist. With his wife in the ground, his only hope rests in an adult son who has immigrated to France. Saleem surrounds his protagonists with a colourful gallery of eccentrics. The real star, though, is the rugged, mountainous landscape: a winter wonderland that will have you blinking in chilly awe. The marvel is that Saleem finds human empathy and alcohol-fuelled bonhomie flourishing in such a forbidding and melancholy wilderness.” (BBCi Films)

I saw this film and all I can say-Wow! See it! Pretty minimalistic style and yet less is more applies here!Very powerful film.Shot in Armenia

#2 Armenak

Armenak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:47 PM

So it takes a Kurd to make a good Armenian movie these days... wink.gif

#3 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:59 PM

I found a download link for it. It says that it was professionally translated into Russian. Sorry non-Russian speakers

If you register an account the download speed will improve

CODE
http://upload.com.ua/get/899974635

Not sure if Mosjan wants live links

Edited by Avo47, 22 November 2007 - 06:00 PM.

#4 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:34 AM

Correction, the language is mixed. Armenian-Russian-Kurdish/yezdi in that order. A lot of Armenian actors. Its humorous and at the same time tragic.

#5 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:14 PM

I think the director was inspired by Kusturica and the beginning was of the movie was a good knock-off of his style. But in general I did not like the movie.

#6 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:16 PM

I had the same impression.It´s not a bad movie but it seems to cater to a certain type of diasporan that has very few opportunities to see a semi-intelectualized approach to life in Armenia, even if throught the eyes of a Kurd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users