- - - - -

Warning!!!--Music Geek Post...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2000 - 07:10 PM

Alright, I'm going to wear my geekiness on my sleeve here...Does anyone know where I can get a detailed discography of Harout Pamboukjian? The way Pe-ko/Parseghian reissue things, I can't make heads or tails of his recorded history. I seriously doubt anyone's done this--maybe I should just ask the Man himself. I was tempted to when he walked by me at the Nune concert in Pasadena, but he probably would have thought I was from Mars.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2000 - 07:45 PM

My God, I am getting worse than my students, I read this post as being "Greek music!"

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2000 - 07:50 PM

Ha ha!

Are you losing your touch?

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2000 - 04:34 PM

it's MUSIC-GEEK post not Greek
lol

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2000 - 06:04 PM

Given the other discussion going on about Harout, I am now somewhat embarassed to have even started this thread.

Nevermind

[This message has been edited by Pilafhead (edited October 11, 2000).]

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2000 - 12:22 PM

Pilafhead joon,

Please, I ask you, for your own saftey! I urge you not to ask the man himself! Apush! Some on this site say he is an eshak, hamegh even.

have you tried , going to "netscape search", the putting "Harout Pamboukjian AND Discography" (EXACTLY the way I wrote it here.) Search engines understand this method (boolean) very well, especially netscape. Some do not. There are other good music things as well - www.ubl.com gives wicked autobiographies on almost any artist - but I couldnt get it to find Nune - by the the was I saw her picture - she is sirun!

tsert ch'tsava,

Kazz

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2000 - 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kazza:
Pilafhead joon,

have you tried , going to "netscape search", the putting "Harout Pamboukjian AND Discography" (EXACTLY the way I wrote it here.)

I'm incredibly embarrassed to say....yes, I done such searches on him. Sshhh..don't tell anyone. Or as my grandma would say, "Pan mee asee"

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2000 - 08:49 AM

lol...steve, if it makes you feel any better, i read this as greek music also...must be something about teaching that makes us dyslexic...lol..(the joke is in bad taste, i'm sorry)..

don't know much about harut...

nune, i understand she married young, was abused by her husband, divorced, is an engineer by education, was a protege of konstantin orbelyan for a while (don't know why she left/got kicked out, whichever), and she plans to open a boutique in yerevan!!

(sorry to digress)
gayane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users