- - - - -

A reason to be proud of and a reason to be ashamed....

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2000 - 02:50 AM

"The serpent draws the poison and the bees the polen, from the same flower." Old Armenian saying.

#102 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2000 - 08:56 AM

ok, going back to the original topic...the very first one...lol

I'm trying very hard (even as I type this) to think of reasons to be proud. I woke up this morning and decided I would think of some if it's the last thing I do. And now I'm blabbering because I can't think of any. This is impossible!!

Ok...I'm proud of my ancestry (both sides, although I'm slightly partial towards my father's side of the family), proud of the ability of our people to survive, proud of our women, proud of our men (yes, I actualy said that..lol), proud of our literature, culture, and of course nothing beats our song and dance

If there's anything more to be proud of that I missed, please help me discover it...(but you'll have to spare me the patriotic nonsense)

Gayane

#103 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2000 - 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:

If there's anything more to be proud of that I missed, please help me discover it...

That people of all ages, countries, backgrounds, economic status, political beliefs, religious beliefs and future ambitions can come together in this forum for no other reason than we're Armenian.

Howz dat?

#104 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2000 - 03:05 PM

Pilaf jan,

You are absolutely right. And just another point: getting together and not fighting. Bravo ! Getse Hye Forum !

#105 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2000 - 08:26 AM

I think the very fact that so many of us find reasons to be proud of and ashamed of on both sides of the “fence,” and yet want to have this dialog, is indicative of the fact that we still have a good chance of psychological unification.

#106 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2000 - 04:14 AM

there is nothing to be ashamed of....
Be positive
If you are Armenian...
BE PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users