• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 allarmeniangirl

allarmeniangirl

Close to nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:Shooting through guys' hearts with my sagittarius arrow. ;-)

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:17 PM

Excuses/Breakups dry.gif

What's the lamest breakup or worst excuse of dating u all ever heard? Like, if u asked out someone, what excuse did they give to tell u "no" or the lamest breakup lines. I know some girls usually say things like, "I just wanna be friends" rolleyes.gif and etc.
Also what excuses you've given to your ex's.

Hope I'm not opening a closed wound cuz I'm just asking. unsure.gif

maybe we'll learn something from them smile.gif

#2 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:30 PM

haha armogirl jan...i can say.... im GUILTY as charged! I once used that "let's just be friends" because the guy was going way too far way too soon...well id only known him for like a month..and to be honest i like to get to know someone really well....as friends, before they ask me out and i decide to say yes....so he was being really weird and was already begining to get serious...and come on i was not even 16 yet...and i just wanted 2 gt to know him better and didnt want a relationship at that time...so when he got too serious i broke the news to him and told him that i was only in it as friends and that at the time i didnt want to get involved...so i unintentionally made the poor guy cry..i still feel bad when i remember, but come on...i wasnt ready for a relationship...lol....to be honest its best to start off as friends...and if its meant to be...something will happen along the way...im the kind that doesnt like to jump into things too fast... wink.gif

#3 allarmeniangirl

allarmeniangirl

Close to nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:37 PM

hehehe. i know what ur saying angel but isn't it sometimes bad to start out as friends and then get serious. what if the friendship gets ruined? sad.gif

#4 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:01 PM

i have never asked anyone out for dating purposes, but iv declined many times with the same excuse. LOL

"Sorry, but i dont date" LMAO.... that scares them off...

well ofcourse if they r closer friends iv said, "well, im sorry but im soo busy right now and i mean your fun and kewl and all, but i just dont have any time,"

Oh and when i am asked by a non-armenian, "I love you and all, but it just wont worjout between our cultures," and thats got to be the worst one to say.. cause when they ask why, I have no answer...... hmmm.. sad,, your right allarmeniangirl jan, this did open wounds.......now im bleeding again... down.gif sad.gif

#5 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:06 PM

I haven't been in any human relationship to break up, but if I had the chance I'd say to the girl that the magic 8 ball said "Outlook not so good."

#6 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Jan 25 2004, 08:06 PM)
I haven't been in any human relationship to break up, but if I had the chance I'd say to the girl that the magic 8 ball said "Outlook not so good."

i thought you mentioned somewhere that "sex is great"....ok never mind i asked!!! probably was a nematod liason!!! ohmy.gif

#7 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:14 PM

What's the lamest breakup or worst excuse of dating u all ever heard?

"you've changed." ><

#8 allarmeniangirl

allarmeniangirl

Close to nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (gevo27 @ Jan 25 2004, 07:01 PM)
.......Oh and when i am asked by a non-armenian, "I love you and all, but it just wont worjout between our cultures.....
i used to say that as an excuse but now i don't because when i say that, they look at me like i'm a racist or something. one guy actually got really mad at me 4 saying that, so i don't say that anymore.

QUOTE (gevo27 @ Jan 25 2004, 07:01 PM)
.....your right allarmeniangirl jan, this did open wounds.......now im bleeding again...  down.gif  sad.gif
i'm sorry. ohmy.gif now i feel bad sad.gif

#9 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:35 PM

i ve never really been in a relationship ever, ive only had people ask me out, or have been friends with them....so i feel clueless to whether its wrong to say you only want to be friends..because i tell people straight out what i feel when it comes to relationships (boyfriend/girlfriend ones) ....so i dunno i play by my own rules...

#10 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:27 PM

Why wouldn't it work out between cultures when it comes to dating? You're not marrying them. From what I know, Armenians stopped the use of chaperons a long time ago. blink.gif

Edited by Stormig, 25 January 2004 - 11:27 PM.

#11 allarmeniangirl

allarmeniangirl

Close to nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Jan 25 2004, 09:27 PM)
Why wouldn't it work out between cultures when it comes to dating? You're not marrying them.....

it wouldn't work out because u date to someday actually marrying that person. I know i wouldn't date anyone who's not armenian because what if i fall in love with that person and then i will be forced to break it off because of the difference in culture. that will hurt me and him.
just my opinion

#12 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (allarmeniangirl @ Jan 25 2004, 11:45 PM)
it wouldn't work out because u date to someday actually marrying that person. I know i wouldn't date anyone who's not armenian because what if i fall in love with that person and then i will be forced to break it off because of the difference in culture. that will hurt me and him.
just my opinion

Um, you see I'm all for marrying Armenians, but you just acknowledge that you might fall in love.

"Love" ( rather infatuation ) is not bound by culture or race.

Armenian culture here in the State is changing. Culture is not uniform. You might get along just fine with someone that is not Armenian, for most of your ideas and character is shaped by American culture, whether English, or the schools, or even movies and television.

Moreover, how many people, in their conscience, talk to themselves in Armenian, or English?

#13 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (allarmeniangirl @ Jan 26 2004, 05:45 AM)
it wouldn't work out because u date to someday actually marrying that person.

Then I must be a widow-er. ohmy.gif (Not the male form but the chronic one.)

Edited by Stormig, 26 January 2004 - 12:00 AM.

#14 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:03 AM

honestly i talk to myself in english most of the time..and sometimes in armenian...i know that it is possible to fall in "love"- actually lust or what not with a person from another culture if you allow yourself to...but i personally dont think i could..because love has a whole different meaning for me.it means respect and more than just the word "love" each person defines it to their own expereinces...you cant just think about yourself here..what about your parents?? if they dont approve...its sad....also if god wanted us to be a cultural fruit punch he'd create us that way...this is why we have different cultures and beliefes..doesnt mena we should all hate eachother because of our differences.. but also doesnt mean that we all mix and vecome some unidentifiable form of blobb...

Edited by angel4hope, 26 January 2004 - 12:04 AM.

#15 allarmeniangirl

allarmeniangirl

Close to nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Jan 25 2004, 09:59 PM)
Um, you see I'm all for marrying Armenians, but you just acknowledge that you might fall in love.

"Love" ( rather infatuation ) is not bound by culture or race.

Armenian culture here in the State is changing. Culture is not uniform. You might get along just fine with someone that is not Armenian, for most of your ideas and character is shaped by American culture, whether English, or the schools, or even movies and television.

Moreover, how many people, in their conscience, talk to themselves in Armenian, or English?

that's the point. that i might get along with the person who is not armenian and will want to continue seeing that person but i knoe that i will never be able to actually marry that person because of our different cultures/nationalities. my parents play a huge role in this too, but i'm sure u know what i'm talking about and i won't go into that.

the part about talking in english, yes of corse, but my significant other might not appreciate my culture's side. sure it will work in the beginning of the relationship/marriage but it will soon fade.

so basically, why put myself through the actual process of dating a non-armenian who i have no intention of marrying?
i don't wanna be heartbroken.

#16 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:13 AM

Anyone watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding?

#17 allarmeniangirl

allarmeniangirl

Close to nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Jan 25 2004, 10:13 PM)
Anyone watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding?

yup, got the DVD too biggrin.gif

#18 gevo27

gevo27

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:39 AM

just my opinion

I wish i hadnt done that,, now i have and i dont know how to get out without hurting feelings...

i'm sorry.  now i feel bad 

Oh jigyar dont you feel bad,,,,, its my dumb fault that i let happen what happened... its not like i dont think about it a few hundred times a day anywyas.. l

Why wouldn't it work out between cultures when it comes to dating? You're not marrying them. From what I know, Armenians stopped the use of chaperons a long time ago

Stormy jan, trust me i think it'll work out perfectly, but why i dont go for it, if i could answer that question, then i wouldnt be in my situation... sad.gif

#19 allarmeniangirl

allarmeniangirl

Close to nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (gevo27 @ Jan 25 2004, 10:39 PM)
I wish i hadnt done that,, now i have and i dont know how to get out without hurting feelings...

see....that's what i'm talking about. what's the purpose of dating someone from another culture/nationality etc. if ur gonna have 2 break it off with them sooner or later? just hurts the both of u. sad.gif

see, we are learning something from this thread smile.gif

#20 gevo27

gevo27

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:59 AM

allarmeniangirl jan, you r right, but i havent even dated this girl as my "gf" and im inthis situation, i just fooled and made myself think, oh yeah we just goin out as friends... lol.... but definately, i dont date just anyone cause of the future,,,, things just got weird bewteen us i guess, i dont know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users