229 replies to this topic

#1 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:22 AM

Hey every one!
what you guys think about "we armenians should marry an armenian"?
Today i met a women she was very upset about her son's girlfriend it's just because she is russian.Is it right or wrong?...

#2 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:40 AM

I myself don't see anything wrong with marrying outside your race. Don't understand why parents take it upon themselves to tell their kids whom to marry, and whom not to marry. It's not like they will be spending the rest of their lives with this person. rolleyes.gif

What do you think about this Dude? smile.gif

#3 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:06 AM

It IS preferable to marry an Armenian rather than an odar, BUT it is preferable to marry an odar rather than never getting married. There are SO many in the Armenian community who NEVER marry, waiting for the Armenian Mr. Right or Miss Right. Balakian wrote about his three maiden aunts and I know a few very attractive Armenian women who have never married. Ditto some good-looking Armenian men who are very successful. This Armenian taboo has ruined many lives.

#4 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:03 AM

Our assimilation is inevitable...marrying odars only quickens the process...marrying Armenians should be a priority...In a relationship,the more you have in common with your partner the better chance that your relationship will thrive.
But stuff happens...they say the heart knows no race....well maybe lust knows no race cool.gif

Edited by Maral, 16 May 2004 - 10:49 PM.

#5 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (ExtraHye @ May 16 2004, 02:40 AM)
I myself don't see anything wrong with marrying outside your race. Don't understand why parents take it upon themselves to tell their kids whom to marry, and whom not to marry. It's not like they will be spending the rest of their lives with this person. rolleyes.gif

What do you think about this Dude? smile.gif

to be honest with you I'll say that I woild want all armenians to marry an armenian,but at the same time it's not my responsibility to tell what others to do.I really want to have an armenian wife never know what can future brings,but that is my desire.I have never been in L.A. but I 've heard if i'll go I'll change my mind for having armenian wife,but I don't think so...."WE ARE FEW ,BUT THEY CALL AS ARMENIAN,....LET'S NOT MIX US WITH THEM..

#6 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:31 AM

Dude, do you have lots of money? What do you drive? These 2 factors would determine if you can marry and Armenian or not.

Okay I am sorry I am just being a butthead today. I'll be nice. I promise. smile.gif

#7 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Azat @ May 16 2004, 10:31 AM)
Dude, do you have lots of money? What do you drive? These 2 factors would determine if you can marry and Armenian or not.

Okay I am sorry I am just being a butthead today. I'll be nice. I promise. smile.gif

Axper jan...this is exactly what i have heard about westcoast armenians...is it realy true?Well every one wants money...but somtimes money works for nothing and u can get those for free(who likes money)....smile.gif

#8 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:01 PM

Azat,

No shame in telling the TRUTH. You hit the bulls eye. That is SO very true. East Coast Armenians and European Armenians are NO different.

#9 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:04 PM

Ergo, this is one of the factors that causes me to say re: Armenians, a la cartoon character Pogo looking in the mirror, "We have sen the enemy and it is us."

#10 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (America-Hye @ May 16 2004, 12:04 PM)
Ergo, this is one of the factors that causes me to say re: Armenians, a la cartoon character Pogo looking in the mirror, "We have sen the enemy and it is us."

you don't get along down there either?

#11 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ May 16 2004, 10:31 AM)

Wow Azat jan, I didn't expect to hear this from you. Seeing how upset you got when a member said something negative about Armenian men. I don't know what type of Armenian girls you've met.... But if a girl is materialistic, they could be Armenian or any other race.

#12 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (America-Hye @ May 16 2004, 12:01 PM)
Azat,

No shame in telling the TRUTH. You hit the bulls eye. That is SO very true. East Coast Armenians and European Armenians are NO different.

How is it the truth???? How many "Armenian" women have you met? Just because your ex wife was like that, doesn't mean all Armenian women are. Don't tell me your younger girlfriend isn't using you for your money. rolleyes.gif Pllllllllllease. laugh.gif laugh.gif

#13 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:15 PM

I have dated many Armenian women, although except for my ex-wife it was over 20 years ago. The odar women really went for my brother and I. The Armenian women did not. Our parent's home sat near a golf course in an exclusive section of a community known to have poor neighborhoods. The Armenian girls looked down on us for having come from that community. The fact that the 1st VP of one of the largest commercial firms in the US lived across the street from us and the CEO of a mega-corporation lived down the block did not matter to them. They were all trying to impress.

#14 _Anka_

_Anka_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:16 PM

I can assure you that the new generation of armenian girls could not be more materialistic (gold diggers). Many young Armenian girls (hayastantsi, beirutsi, parskhay) are growing up to be bitches, and most armenian guys in LA are punks... the future doesn't look so good for my generation. mi xoskov irantsits ban chen nerkaiatsnum shater@ but they think that they're all that just because they drive this or that expensive car or if the know this or that "important'" person. Guys have no repsect for girls at all & girls don't have any integrity.
Many of them are very egocentric, especially the guys.
I don't understand why some Armenians in LA think that they're all that just because they drive a BMW or a Benz. Whoever has a job is capable of drving the same car. No one said that you have to be rich in order to afford a benz. MOst fo these Armenians are leasing their "expensive" cars which means that they have to give it back in few years. What the hell is wrong with them...or maybe it is the fact that many of them came from the outskirts of yerevan who haven't seen anything in their lives so once they started earning some money by fraud they start pretending that "irank irantsits mets baneren nerakaitsnum" and forgetting who they were before.

#15 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (_Anka_ @ May 16 2004, 05:16 PM)
I can assure you that the new generation of armenian girls could not be more materialistic (gold diggers). Many young Armenian girls (hayastantsi, beirutsi, parskhay) are growing up to be bitches, and most armenian guys in LA are punks... the future doesn't look so good for my generation. mi xoskov irantsits ban chen nerkaiatsnum shater@ but they think that they're all that just because they drive this or that expensive car or if the know this or that "important'" person. Guys have no repsect for girls at all & girls don't have any integrity.
Many of them are very egocentric, especially the guys.
I don't understand why some Armenians in LA think that they're all that just because they drive a BMW or a Benz. Whoever has a job is capable of drving the same car. No one said that you have to be rich in order to afford a benz. MOst fo these Armenians are leasing their "expensive" cars which means that they have to give it back in few years. What the hell is wrong with them...or maybe it is the fact that many of them came from the outskirts of yerevan who haven't seen anything in their lives so once they started earning some money by fraud they start pretending that "irank irantsits mets baneren nerakaitsnum" and forgetting who they were before.

I have i many countries in my life and what i have learnd is that rich man never shows that his rich.I know couple of punk ass armenians down here.They don't go to bathroom so they won't get hungry,cuz they don't want to spend money for food.They are ugly ass armenians who has never seen anything in their life.They bought car of value 20000-25000$ and they give out theis all money for it(insurance,payment and more),But trus me they never get laid they just kiss ass of some dirty Russians and call them theis girlfriends.
hayastanci armenians are dividet in two parts 1.People who's never seen cell-phones in their life..2.people who came from good families and put alots effort to reach to something in their life.
Well you wrote this and I strongly protect your opinion.
I have seen armenian girl with turkish very very ugly guy(though she was retard too)she told me if I'm smart enough I have to forget what happened to us 1915 cuz it was long time ago.maybe her mam was prastitute in Turkey like some of armenian woman who went there to make mone(I don't mean all of them).
Sometimes i want to come to LA to see what's up,but i know for sure,I might kill some bustards down there.;
Well it's so sad that we have such a takanks in our nation......but any way god bless them.

#16 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Maral @ May 16 2004, 10:03 AM)
Our assimilation is inevitable...marrying odars only quickens the process...marrying Armenians should be a priority...In a relationship,the more you have in common with your partner the better chace that your relationship will thrive.
Butt stuff happens...they say the heart knows no race....well maybe lust knows no race cool.gif

maral where you from and how old are?would u please tell me if you don't mind?
thank you in advance....I read your words of wisdom and I'm in love with you(katak em anum chneghanas)

#17 _Anka_

_Anka_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Dude @ May 16 2004, 05:38 PM)
I have i many countries in my life and what i have learnd is that rich man never shows that his rich.

Decent and "tesats" rich men don't flaunt their money everywhere, but it is the "chtes"and "anvorak" rich men who, as I mentioned above, have never had anything in their lives that do try to impress others. People such as Grzo, Dodi Gago, and other currupt "businessmen" who basically "tsexits durs ekats mardiken irants eutiamb" irants astvatsen hamarum... I used to live right next to grzo and his family in yerevan and I've basically seen how he became what he is today. When I was very young I remember a neighbor of ours who was related to Grzo's family used to give out his used shoes to grzo and his sons to wear because they were not ably to afford new shoes. Grzo's sons (grown men) are thugs by nature. I've seen over the years how they used to beat up some of our neighbors and force them to leave the neighborhood. None of Grzo's sons payed any taxes to the government because one of his sons was married to the sister of Vano siradegian (probably #1 thug in erevan those years). For people like them, laws are only words written on paper. I also remember how Grzo's only daughter walked around the neighborhood in a torn robe with dark dirt (probably didn't take a shower) around her neck. grossss smile.gif but if u see her today, she'll probably look at you in a way that would make you feel like you're nobody and she is somebody. hehehe... people like that crack me up... but oh well, that's they're own "terutunnerna"

#18 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:45 PM

Yes there are golddiggers out there....this is hardly a good arguement for going out and finding yourselves non-Armenian girls to marry..men can be just as shallow...EVEN MORE so then women if you ask me...tell me how many of you men would marry and unattractve flat chested woman rolleyes.gif plzzzzzzzz...it goes both ways...

Edited by Maral, 16 May 2004 - 10:46 PM.

#19 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Dude @ May 16 2004, 06:03 PM)
maral where you from and how old are?would u please tell me if you don't mind?
thank you in advance....I read your words of wisdom and I'm in love with you(katak em anum chneghanas)

Dudeeeeeeeeeee,ah that was sweet smile.gif
I'll tell my husband you're in love with me tongue.gif

#20 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Maral @ May 16 2004, 10:48 PM)
Dudeeeeeeeeeee,ah that was sweet smile.gif
I'll tell my husband you're in love with me tongue.gif

tell you husband to to care of you too wink.gif