131 replies to this topic

#21 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:54 AM

Պարտիմ քաջալերանքիդ սիրելի Արքա,

Արդիոք դա Եբրայեցիները որ մեր երկիրը կոչել են Արարատ իսկապէս ձայնավոր լսել են թէ Ուրարտացիներըը ինչպէս կոչէին իրանց երկիրը

Պայմանական անունով կոչենք. ուրարտացիք իւրանց երկիրը կոչել են Բիաինա, այսինքն՝ Վան: Նոյն անունից ունենք ասպնջական դիցի անունը՝ Վանատուր, որից եւ Վանք: Կային դաշնակից եւ ցեղակից այս երկիրները (նահանգները)՝ Նայիրի, Եթիունի, Սիունի, Մաննա, Ալզինի եւայլք:

Այդ սեմական լեզուների մէջ, ձայնաւորների խնդիր կայ. գիտակ ես:

«Ուրարտու՞ թէ՝ Արարտա» հարցիդ ջանամ սապէս պատասխանել...

Այրարատ անունը հարազատ հայկեան է: Այդ անունը աշխարհացոյցի մէջ նկարագրուած է, որպէս թագաւորական (Ոստանիկ) նահանգ: Այս անունը բնորոշուած է առանց հրէական միջամտութեան, ապա թէ ոչ, պիտի գրուէր. այնպէս որ գրուած է այնտեղ:

#22 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

We know that many Armenian words have variants with or without the initial H. Words like “haraj/arajin”(forward/first), “haght/Aghtamar”(victorious), “hajogh/aj”(successful/right side) etc. What if we reverse the process and assume that the name of Urartu, a land dominated by the fire from the Volcano of Masis was originally Hurartu/Հուրարտու? i.e the field/land of fire?

Yes hargeli Arpa. One has to keep in mind the potency of hur/pyre/fire in the culture Araratian civilization. I have also heard this connection suggested with the Hurrians. It might initially be dubbed another less-than-scholarly and dubious long shot, but it beats genesis genealogy, no?

Սիունի

Իսկ սա հէնց հին Հայքի Սիունիք աջխարհը չէ?

Edited by Zartonk, 29 March 2007 - 07:18 PM.

#23 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

BTW and off topic, the name ADROUSHAN appears in Arpa's link as an Armenian name meaning "temple of fire-worship". That's a new one, and if you ask me, it sounds completely Iranian.

Edited by Zartonk, 30 October 2007 - 11:08 PM.
Inaccuracy

#24 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE(Zartonk @ Mar 30 2007, 04:16 AM) View Post

Yes hargeli Arpa. One has to keep in mind the potency of hur/pyre/fire in the culture Araratian civilization. I have also heard this connection suggested with the Hurrians. It might initially be dubbed another less-than-scholarly and dubious long shot, but it beats genesis genealogy, no?

Իսկ սա հէնց հին Հայքի Սիունիք աջխարհը չէ?

Այո, Սեւան անունն էլ մի այլ տարբերակը:

#25 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

The Kingdom included three main tribal groups living within its territory: Nairi, Hay and Armen. The tribal groups living near Lake Van and, in fact, in and around the capital Touchpa (Tushpa) were called "Nairi" (indicating they had fair hair and eyes). The groups to the West in central Anatolia where known as "Armens". The tribal groups to the East-North where referred to as "Hay".

Nope, nope, nope. there are no distinct tribes of Na'iri, Armen and Hay.

The Hatti and other ARMENOPHONES used the name Hay.

The resurgent Assyrian empire used the term Na-iri (Nahri, "RIVER PEOPLE" or "PEOPLE OF THE [SOURCE] OF THE RIVERS)

The Armen is the term used by first the Akkadian insurgents to describe the people according to their deity, Ar-men, worshippers of Ar, sons of Ar, people or Ar.

All the same tribal/ethnic reference

#26 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:34 PM

The Kingdom included three main tribal groups living within its territory: Nairi, Hay and Armen. The tribal groups living near Lake Van and, in fact, in and around the capital Touchpa (Tushpa) were called "Nairi" (indicating they had fair hair and eyes). The groups to the West in central Anatolia where known as "Armens". The tribal groups to the East-North where referred to as "Hay".

(Off topic)

What is it with looks?

Entire nations still (in the year 2007) analyzed on the (proven and undeniable) pigmentation of their skin and the texture of their hair versus historic proof, or say, cultural artifacts?

#27 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(Zartonk @ Mar 30 2007, 01:36 AM)
BTW and off topic, the name ADROUSHAN appears in Arpa's link as an Armenian name meaning "temple of fire-worship". That's a new one, and if you ask me, it sounds completely Persian.

It is actually Avestani, which is not at all Persian. check the Turanian thread where it says that Avesta's origins are, again, Armenia. http://hyeforum.com/...mp;#entry215187

The majority of the terms passed from Avestani to the so-called (by Bartholomae) Middle Persian, otherwise known as Pahlavi, are therefore territorially more than likely Armenian in origin.

Edited by hagopn, 30 October 2007 - 10:38 PM.

#28 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(hagopn @ Oct 30 2007, 11:37 PM)
It is actually Avestani, which is not at all Persian. check the Turanian thread where it says that Avesta's origins are, again, Armenia. http://hyeforum.com/...mp;#entry215187

Allow me to edit big brother style. My intention was to type the umbrella term Iranian, since I could not support weather the origin was in fact Avestani. I must also admit here that I was struck and impressed by the Turan-Taron link.

(I had a how-and-why-did-I-not-see-this-one moment) smile.gif

The majority of the terms passed from Avestani to the so-called (by Bartholomae) Middle Persian, otherwise known as Pahlavi, are therefore territorially more than likely Armenian in origin.

Your statement on the Armeno-Pahlav connection is intriguing because it is commonly held that the opposite origin of the etymological commonalities is true, whereas the geographic proximity may intuitively direct the opinion towards Armenian.

Edited by Zartonk, 31 October 2007 - 09:37 PM.

#29 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(Zartonk @ Oct 31 2007, 05:07 AM)
Allow me to edit big brother style. My intention was to type the umbrella term Iranian, since I could not support weather the origin was in fact Avestani. I must also admit here that I was struck and impressed by the Turan-Taron link.

Your statement on the Armeno-Pahlav connection is intriguing because it is commonly held that the opposite origin of the etymological commonalities is true, whereas the geographic proximity may intuitively direct the opinion towards Armenian.

Avestani is not considered an Iranian language either---smile.gif It is a satem language, but it is not considered Iranian anymore.

The difference between the developing Pahlavi from Old Persian, its writing system from Avestant, its comparatively poor phonology, its 16 characters with up to 4 sounds per character, is far too divergent from a highly developed Avestani that predated Pahlavi by an estimated 2 centuries at least if we take into account the chronology of the apparent Kummukh/Kamakh origins of the Avestan and the fact that Koshtasp ws a contemporary to Tiglath Pileser III.

As the matter of fact, Pahlavi language went through another reform and yielde the hieratic form of Din Debireh where additional consonants and vowels were introduced into the language to make it compatible with a source language (Avestani) that was vastly different.

Yes:) I was similarly surprised to see something so obvious had been missed by modern Avestologists, armenologists and everyone associated with the topic, which is ironically something that has been discussed extensively in 19th century to early 20th century scholarship.

The is true that the conventional pattern of thought is to think of lexical migration in terms of Persian ---> Armenian. It is understandable, since Armenians were left with nothing, no record of their past, and Persian sources (or so it was thought of as being) were aplenty. Then there is the obvious imperialist bias of assuming the larger and more developed state and culture affects the smaller.

Such biases aside, it is the Avesta itself that tells the story in many itneresting ways:

1. Its very chronology of development and pattern of amendments and reforms.
2. Its own chronology and biographical treatise of Zoroaster.
3. The most surprising support which comes from the Shahname and its references to Armenia as the origin of the royal lines who first adopted Zartushti religion.

Thank you all for your interest in this. I would highly recommend you read Hovik Nersesian's book. He's the source of sources on this.

Edited by Zartonk, 31 October 2007 - 09:37 PM.

#30 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE(Zartonk @ Oct 31 2007, 05:07 AM)

This reaction above made my day. Thanks,a nd good night! --smile.gif

Edited by Zartonk, 31 October 2007 - 09:38 PM.

#31 Nor Hayastan

Nor Hayastan

Նոր Հայաստ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Հայերեն Լեզուն և Թեննիս

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

Johannes jan, karogh es mi hat barracank sarqes... Hayeren barrer@ vor zut Urarterenic en gali? Du amena gitun hayn es, lezvi volortum, i dep qez em dimum.

Johannes jan, can you make a vocabulary list... of Armenian words that are PURELY Urartian? You are the wisest Armenian, within the language sphere, that's why I am coming to you smile.gif

#32 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(Johannes @ Jan 25 2007, 08:10 AM)
Հրաչեայ Աճառեան, «Հայոց լեզուի պատմութիւն» «Ա. Մաս» հրատարակ. 1940 -ին

«Թէեւ մեզ ի սպառ անծանօթ են խալդիների եւ կովկասեան ազգութիւնների ցեղակցական ու լեզուական յարաբերանքը, բայց անկարելի է չ'ընդունել, որ նրանց բազմադարեան հարեւանութիւնը ազդաց լինի միմիանց լեզուի վրայ: Զանազան կողմերից անշուշտ եղել են փոխառութիւններ: Այսպէս՝ հիւսիսային կովկասեաններից փոխառութիւններ անցած կը լինեն անշուշտ հարաւային կովկասեաններին (քարթվվելական) եւ փոխադարձաբար. նոյնպէս խալդիների լեզուից զանազան փոխառութիւններ անցած կը լինեն թէ հիւսիսային եւ թէ հարաւային կովկասեաններին եւ փոխադարձաբար: Այսպէս օրինակ՝ մենք գիտենք, որ մշակ բառը գտնւում է թէ հիւսիսային եւ թէ հարաւային կովկասեանների մէջ, ուստի անշուշտ մի փոխառու կողմ կայ: Եթէ այդպէս է, ուրեմն մեր (հայերէնի) 59 կովկասեան փոխառութիւնների գոնէ մի մասը կարող է մեզ հասած լինել անուղղակի ճանապարհով, այսինքն կովկասեաններից անցած նախ խալդիներին եւ խալդիներից էլ հայերէնի՝ իբրեւ խալդիական բառ.-կամ կարող է նաեւ ընդհակառակը՝ խալդերէն մի բառ անցած լինել կովկասեաններին եւ յետոյ նրանցից անցած հայերէնին.- եւ կամ վէրջապէս խալդերէն մը բառ մի կողմից անցած կովկասեաններին եւ միւս կողմից հայերին, այնպէս որ այսօր հայերէնն ու կովկասեանները (խօսքը այդ 59 բառերի մասին է, Հով) իրար նման են դուրս գալիս. մինչդեռ իրապէս կապ չ'կայ նրանց մէջ, եւ կովկասեան փոխառութիւն համարուած այդ բառերը իսկի կովկասեան էլ չեն, այլ խալդիական (Աճառեանը, ուրարտերէն լեզուն խալդիերէն կը կոչէ, Հով): Այս վէրջին ենթադրութիւնը երբեմն ակներեւ է դառնում. Օրինակ՝ հայերէն գաղատոս (որմնադիր) հազուագիւտ բառը՝ որ բնաւ հայերէն բառի կերպարանք չունի, կայ նաեւ վրացերէնի մէջ գալատոզի, կալատոզի ձեւով եւ թուշերէնի մէջ կալտազ ձեւով: Արդ՝ այդ բառը, ինչպէս հայկական չի երեւում, նոյնպէս ընդհանուր վրացական էլ չէ եւ վրացական արմատներով էլ չի մեկնւում. Ուստի հաւանական է, որ խալդերէն լինի եւ շինարար խալդիներից անցած լինի թէ հայոց եւ թէ վրաց: Նոյնպէս հայերէն ծորել (հոսիլ, քամուել) բառը, որ միաժամանակ կայ ուտիացոց մէջ ծորեսուն եւ վրաց մէջ ծուրվա ձեւով, բայց չի գտնւում ոչ մի ուրիշ կովկասեան լեզուի մէջ, հաւանաբար խալդիական է: Կարելի է կարծել, որ յատկապէս մշակութային արժէք ներկայացնող փոխառութիւնները, որ մենք մինչեւ այժմ կովկասեան էինք համարում, իրապէս խալդերէն բառեր են թէ հայերէնի եւ թէ կովկասեանների մէջ թափանցած:»

Նոյն գրքի մէջ, հայերէնի վրայ ուրարտերէնի ազեցութեան մասին խօսելիս՝

«Խալդերէնի ազդեցութիւնը անուրանալի է հայերէնի վրայ: Հայերէնը փոխ է առել խալդերէնից ոչ միայն սովորական բառամթերքի մի կարեւոր մասը, այլ եւ իր անձնական յատուկ անունների մի մասը եւ տեղական անունների ամէնախոշոր մասը: Սխալ չի լինի ասել, որ եթէ խալդիական արիւնը շարունակում է ապրել մեր արեան մէջ եւ խալդիական երկիրը շարունակում է իր գոյութիւնը Հայաստանում, նոյնպէս եւ խալդիերէնը (ուրարտերէնը) շարունակում է ապրել հայերէն լեզուի ծալքերում, հայկական շրթունքների վրայ:»

Շատ լաւ, բայց խնդիրն այն է, որ Աճարեանը ինքը «խալդիերեն»ի մասնագետը չեր և նայեւ ինքը «խալդիերեն» երբեք չեր գիտեր: Ինքը պարսկերեն ալ չեր գիտեր նշանակալի մակարդակով: Ինքը հին կամ միջին պարսկերեն ընդհանրապէս չեր գիտեր:

Շատ կներես, բայց Աճարեանը երբեք լաւ աղբւիր չէ այս հարցով: Հովիկ Ներսեսեանը աւելի վստահելի աղբիւր է, քանզի հին լեզուներու, հատկապէս հին և միջին պարսկերեն, ավեստաերեն, և ուրարտական սեպագիր լաւ գիտէ: Ավեստագէտ Հովիկ Ներսեսեանի վկայութիւնը այն եզրակացութեան ինձ հասցուց, որ արդեն պարզ է ինձ համար թե բառերեու փոխառութիւնը որ ուղութեամբ եղեր են:

Օրինակ, Աճարեանի _Արմատական Բառարանի_ մէջ գրած է, որ ատրուշան բառը «Պահլավական ծագում ունի», բայց անգամ պահլավագետները չեն համարձակիր այդպիսի բան ըսելու, որովհետեւ լաւ գիտեն, որ ատր արմատը նախ և առաջ հին պարսկերենի մէջ չէ եղած, և նոր անցեր է միջին պարսկերենին Արդեշիր Բ-ի ժամանակուայ բարեփոխումներու ընթացքին:

Իսկ ինչ կը վերաբերուի այսպէս կոչուած «Ուրարտերենին», բնական է որ նախ և առաջ «Ուրարտերեն» մակտիրը ինքնին սխալ վերծանման արթիւնք կրնայ ըլլալ: Աւելի հաւանական է, որ ճիշտ հնչումը «Արարատ» է, քանզի այլ աղբիւներու մէջ նայեւ նշուած կայ այդ ձեւով
:

Edited by Zartonk, 21 November 2007 - 09:14 PM.

#33 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:33 PM

Avestani is not considered an Iranian language either---smile.gif It is a satem language, but it is not considered Iranian anymore.

Stay alive and be enlightened (Lusavorvel, bayts voch PARTEVakan dzevov) smile.gif

The difference between the developing Pahlavi from Old Persian, its writing system from Avestant, its comparatively poor phonology, its 16 characters with up to 4 sounds per character, is far too divergent from a highly developed Avestani that predated Pahlavi by an estimated 2 centuries at least if we take into account the chronology of the apparent Kummukh/Kamakh origins of the Avestan and the fact that Koshtasp ws a contemporary to Tiglath Pileser III.

As the matter of fact, Pahlavi language went through another reform and yielde the hieratic form of Din Debireh where additional consonants and vowels were introduced into the language to make it compatible with a source language (Avestani) that was vastly different.

Yes. I learned a bit about the topic by following whatever was available on Hovik Nersisyan's work.

The is true that the conventional pattern of thought is to think of lexical migration in terms of Persian ---> Armenian. It is understandable, since Armenians were left with nothing, no record of their past, and Persian sources (or so it was thought of as being) were aplenty. Then there is the obvious imperialist bias of assuming the larger and more developed state and culture affects the smaller.

Precisely so. In the amnesiac treatment, the current size and stature of a state influences the status quo perspective on her history and legacy.

Such biases aside, it is the Avesta itself that tells the story in many itneresting ways:

1. Its very chronology of development and pattern of amendments and reforms.
2. Its own chronology and biographical treatise of Zoroaster.
3. The most surprising support which comes from the Shahname and its references to Armenia as the origin of the royal lines who first adopted Zartushti religion.

I am glad you mentioned The Shahnameh. I always wondered what place Armenia occupies with respect to Iran-Zamin and how Ferdowsi puts it, yet when I read it I lacked the eye and the knowledge to dig out the historic from the mythic-poetic. I would be overwhelmed if you could possibly elaborate. smile.gif

Thank you all for your interest in this. I would highly recommend you read Hovik Nersesian's book. He's the source of sources on this.

No, thank you sir. It's a pleasure reading your input. I have honestly been dying to begin reading Nersisyan (his value is rare) but I just don't know how to get my hands on it. I'm in Cowboy Ranch ya'll! wink.gif

Edited by Zartonk, 21 November 2007 - 09:18 PM.

#34 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

This reaction above made my day. Thanks,a nd good night! --smile.gif

You are welcome biggrin.gif I'm glad I had the power to tweak your day cool.gif Gisher@ bari.

#35 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:44 AM

Nor Hayastan is this what you're looking for?
http://www.geocities...an-Glossary.htm
QUOTE(hagopn @ Nov 1 2007, 12:43 AM)

Օրինակ, Աճարեանի _Արմատական Բառարանի_ մէջ գրած է, որ ատրուշան բառը «Պահլավական ծագում ունի», բայց անգամ պահլավագետները չեն համարձակիր այդպիսի բան ըսելու, որովհետեւ լաւ գիտեն, որ ատր արմատը նախ և առաջ հին պարսկերենի մէջ չէ եղած, և նոր անցեր է միջին պարսկերենին Արդեշիր Բ-ի ժամանակուայ բարեփոխումներու ընթացքին:
Իսկ ինչ կը վերաբերուի այսպէս կոչուած «Ուրարտերենին», բնական է որ նախ և առաջ «Ուրարտերեն» մակտիրը ինքնին սխալ վերծանման արթիւնք կրնայ ըլլալ: Աւելի հաւանական է, որ ճիշտ հնչումը «Արարատ» է, քանզի այլ աղբիւներու մէջ նայեւ նշուած կայ այդ ձեւով
:

Hagop , you know that that is not altogether true. Ajarian could read the Arabic script, he knew the Osmanli language, and hence he could read Farsi, even if he may not have known the spoken language. Even that is questionable as by the virtue of him knowing osmanli he would know at least more than 50% of the words, be they Arabic or Persian.
You know that I have said this before. Ajarian, along with the like of Khorenatsi* and company, Mashtots** et al may be the best we may have so far. If for no other reason, simply for being the “father” of whatever they did.
Does that mean Ajarian cannot be revised and improved? Since those days the world has been evolving so fast that many hypothesis need not only yearly, monthly, weekly and even daily revisions. Even stupid me sometime spot inconsistencies and broad gerelaizations. I wish I had kept track of them. One of them tha I remember is "imanal", he totally dismisses the Arabic word "iman" faith/belief/trust, from which "amen/ամէն***/amin", "I believe, I trust".

Coming back to the Urartian language, I jus read at Hanragitaran entry, which very concise and incomplete one item caught my fancy. They cite a few words common to the Armenian language, among which, get this . In the Urartian language the word for “art/արտ” plain/field is “artu”. Of course we know that the Urartians were very fond of words ending -I -U etc.
Another interesting tidbit is that some read “ErebUni” as “ErebAni/Էրեբանի” .Of course we also know the interchangeability of B to V and visa versa., as in Bahram-Vahram-Bagram. Here is another wonder. In the map of Urartu there is a town north of the lake Urmia called ANIASTAN.
Please Hagop, show us some of Hovik's works.
* Khorenatsi is being revised daily. BTW does he even mentions the Uraratians?
** Some day I will come to that.
*** Note that it is spelled with the Է as opposed to "ամեն" to mean "all". Apparently yhe interchageability of Է and Ի is not uniquely Armenian phenomenon.

#36 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:19 AM

Յարգելի Տիայր Յակոբ,

Ուրախ եմ Ձեր ներկայութեամբ: Տրամադրութեանս տակ եղած աղբիւրները քիչ մը հին են, համեմատած ձեր ներայացուցածին: Ինչեւէ, երախտապարտ կըլլամ, եթէ բացատրէք աւելին, այն մասին, որ պահլաւերէն կը կարծենք, բայց ըստ Գիտուն Հովիկ Ներսիսեանի, Հայերէնէ անցած է այդ լեզուին:

«Ատրուշան» ըսիք, ունինք նաեւ «ատրճանակ» բառը: «Ատրճանակ» բարդբառի երկրորդ բաղադրիչ՝ «ճան-ակ»ը կը տեսնենք «դաւ-ա-ճան» բառի մէջ նաեւ:

Նոր Հայաստանը հին Հայաստանով հետաքրքրւում է: Սիրով եղբայր, աչքիս վրայ:

Որպէս նախաբան յիշենք թէ՝ «ուրարտերէն» կամ «խալդերէն» պայմանական անուններով ճանաչուած լեզուի կամ լեզուների ոչ բոլոր բառերը արձանագրուել են սեպագրերում: Նմանապէս, հայերէն ոչ բոլոր բառերն են արձանագրուել: Բազում մատեաններ, ձեռագրեր անհետ կորել են, իրենց հետ տանելով անգնահատելի հայագիտական գանձեր, բառեր: Այստեղ չեմ ներկայացնելու խոռերէնից (Hurrian( հայերէնի (գրաբար, աշխարհաբար) անցած բառերը: Խոռեան եւ Արարատեան լեզուները ազգակցական կապ ունեն:

Տակաւ առ տակաւ, գալիս եմ այն եզրակացութեան, թէ իրապէս լեզուական ընտանիքների բաժանումները, մի քիչ արհեստական ու քմահաճ է ներկայացուել գիտունների կողմից: Այս փաստը իրենք լեզուաբաններն են նշում: Շատ դժուար է եղել լեզուաբանների գործը, քանզի փորձել են վերծանել լեզուներ, գտնել ազգակցական կապեր, այնպիսի ժամանակաշրջանի մը համար, երբ միայն քարերը կամ աղիւսներն են եղել այդ լեզուների վկաները, չհաշուած արձանագրուածը ընթերցելու դժուարութիւնները, քանզի նոյն տառը կամ գաղափարագիրը, յաճախ տարբեր ձեւերով է արտասանուել:

Գ. Ա. Ղափանցեանի «Հայոց Լեզուի Պատմութիւն» հատորում, որ լոյս է տեսել 1961 թուին, «Ուրարտա-Հայկական լեզուաղերսը» բաժինում, ներկայացրել է միայն 20 բառ, որպէս օրինակ: Մեր լեզւում՝ հայերէնում, գոյ է բազում բառեր –ըստ ոմանց մինչեւ 6000 արմատ բառ-, որոնց ծագումնաբանումը յայտնի չէ: Այլ լեզուներում (մեռեալ եւ օգտագործւող), վերոյիշեալ անստոյգ բառերի ազգական բառերը չկան, յետեւաբար հայ լեզուաբանները ենթադրում են. այդ բառերի Արարատեան-Ուրարտեան ակունքից բխած լինելը:

Այժմ ներկայացնեմ գիտուն Ղափանցեանի մատուցած 20 բառերը, մէկ առ մէկ: Իւրաքանչիւր Ղափանցեանական մեկնումից ետք, պիտի ներկայացնեմ նոյն բառի Աճառեանական մեկնումը: Յուսամ հետաքրքիր կը լինի, բարի վայելում բոլորիս:

1-abili «աւել, աւելի»: Այս բառը գործ է ածւում միայն ebani ebaniukedi abili dabi նախադասութեան մէջ, որը վեց անգամ պատահում է միայն ռազմական արձանագրութիւնների մէջ (Արգիշտիի եւ Սարդուրի): Մ. Ծերեթելին իր հրատարակած Սարդուրեան նոր արձանագրութիւնների (Յ. Օրբելու կողմից գտած, Վանի ժայռի արեւմտեան Նիշայում) աշխատութեան մէջ, հենուելով ասսուրական նման ռազմական արձանագրութիւնների māta ana mātiįa utīr «երկիրը երկրիս կցեցի» նման արտայայտութիւնների վրայ, ուրարտական վերոյիշեալ նախադասութիւնն էլ այդպէս է թարգմանւում: Երկուսն էլ abili dubi գրում են միասին, իսկ իմաստի տեսակէտից J. Friedrich-ը տարակուսում է, որ ուրարտ. այդ բայը սկզբում (ծագմամբ) համընկներ այդ ակկադական turru «շրջել» կամ «կցել» բայի իմաստին: Ես եւս կարծում եմ, որ abili-du-(bi) ընդհանրապէս է ուղիղ որպէս «միացնել, կցել», բայց ի նկատո ունենալով հայոց «աւել, աւելի» բառը, որից յաւելուլ (-աւելացնել), առաջարկում եմ ուրարտ. այդ նախադասութիւնը թարգմանել՝ «(այդ) երկիրը երկրիս )ebani-ukie-di) աւելացրի)»:

Արգիշտի I միա արձանագրութեան մէջ, որը ըստ Յ. Օրբելու ճիշտ ենթադրութեան ﬓացորդն է Վանայ ժայռի արեւելեան Նիշայի մեծ քարակոթողից (որ չի մնացել), ս. Սահակ եկեղեցու զոհասեղանի տակ է տեղաւորուած, մենք կարդում ենք այդ ուրարտական նախադասութիւնը այլ բարդութեամբ (տողեր 8-19)

''kur ebanieli edini suţuqubi lutaršuanarani abili-dubi kurebani-ukie-di...''

=երեք երկիրներ տուգանեցի, (իրենց) մարդկանցով միասին (-ra-ni) աւելացրի իմ երկրին՝ երկիր Կալիի..., երկիր Ասկալասին (եւ) քաղաք Շաշիլուինին:

Վերջամասնիկ –ra «միասին» կայ եւ հուռի լեզւում (խոռերէն): Իսկ –uki «իմ»՝ կամ նաեւ ka-uki- (kai-uki) «առջեւս» (ka կամ աւելի յաճախ kai նշանակում է «առաջ»)*, -di ուղեւորման հոլովի վերջաւորութիւն է: Abili բառը ազգակից եմ համարում հայոց աւել, abili dubi «աւելացրի», ուր ուրարտերէն b=հայոց ւ կամ վ, ինչպէս Biaina=Վան, անց. կատ. կրաւորական-չեզոք –abi-հայոց աւ եւ այլն:

Abili dubi** «աւել արի» (=աւելացրի) ոճի մէջ երկրորդ մասը (dubi) առանձին բայ է, անցեալ կատարեալ առաջին դէմք եզակի, եւ du- արմատը այդպէս բարդութիւնների մէջ կարծես թէ ներգործական-պատճառական իմաստ է պատճառում նախորդ բառին, ինչպէս atķana dubi «պաշտամունք արի» (=պաշտեցի), ipša-dulini «խմել արուելու» (=խմեցուելու), niki duli «ոռոգէ՛, ոռոգեցի» (?), nipsi dulini «զոհէ՛, զոհեցի» (կայ եւ nipsi dulini Զուարթնոցի արձ., տողեր 19, 23), wili duli «գունդ արի» (=հաւաքեցի?), որի համար կայ նաեւ welisini «գնդային», weli šusini «մէկ գունդ» եւ այլն:

Հայոց աւել(ի) բառը ուզում են կապել յունարէն ophéllō «մեծացնել, ուռցնել, աճեցնել, աւելացնել, շատացնել», óphelma «աճում», óphelos «օգուտ, շահ» նման հնչիւնական յարաբերութեամբ, ինչպէս հայոց աւել «աւլելու գործի» Βеник եւ յունարէն ophéllō «աւլել», óphelma «աւել» (տե՛ս Արմ. բառ., I, 805, 807):

Բայց հայերէնում հնդեւրոպական ծագում ունենալու դէպքում սպասելի էր ոբել կամ աբել, ինչպէս ճիշտ է դիւտում Հ. Աճառեանը (անդ, էջ 805): Միւս կողմից ուրարտերէն abil(i) բառի դիմաց աւելի շուտ հայերէնում սպասելի էր աւեղ կամ աբեղ, ինչպէս ուրարտական ժամանակի Abiliani տեղանունը, որը անձնանունից է, հայերէնում տուել է Աբեղեան, Աբեղենից նախարարութեան անունը, պահելով իրեն B=հայոց Բ:

*Սիրիական արաբերէնի բարբառներում, որտեղ մեծ է ասորերէնից (արամերէնից) ազդեցութիւնը, գոյութիւն ունեն. «քո-հաք», «լէքա», «քո» բառերը, որոնք նշանակեն.- «ահա», ֆրանսերէն՝ voici: (Ծանօթ. Յովհաննէսի)

**Կարծում եմ այստեղ dubi բայը առնչութիւն ունի հայոց «տուի-տուեցի» բային: Յետեւաբար. Abili dubi=աւելի տուի=աւելացրի, այնպէս որ այժմ արեւմտահայերէնում ասում ենք. «վրայ տուի» այինքն՝ գիրցայ (չաղացայ): Իսկ ipša-dulini թարգմանուի՝ խում տրուել-խմեցուել: (Ծանօթ. Յովհաննէսի):

Edited by Johannes, 01 November 2007 - 09:47 AM.

#37 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:35 AM

Այստեղ արժէ աւելացնել, որ hurri-հուռի ժողովուրդներից ստուար զանգուածներ, մասնակցել են ասորեստանցի եւ ասորի (արամէացի) ժողովուրդների կազմաւորմանը:

#38 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Nov 1 2007, 02:44 PM)
http://www.geocities...an-Glossary.htm

Hagop , you know that that is not altogether true. Ajarian could read the Arabic script, he knew the Osmanli language, and hence he could read Farsi, even if he may not have known the spoken language. Even that is questionable as by the virtue of him knowing osmanli he would know at least more than 50% of the words, be they Arabic or Persian.
You know that I have said this before. Ajarian, along with the like of Khorenatsi* and company, Mashtots** et al may be the best we may have so far. If for no other reason, simply for being the “father” of whatever they did.
Does that mean Ajarian cannot be revised and improved? Since those days the world has been evolving so fast that many hypothesis need not only yearly, monthly, weekly and even daily revisions. Even stupid me sometime spot inconsistencies and broad gerelaizations. I wish I had kept track of them. One of them tha I remember is "imanal", he totally dismisses the Arabic word "iman" faith/belief/trust, from which "amen/ամէն***/amin", "I believe, I trust".

Coming back to the Urartian language, I jus read at Hanragitaran entry, which very concise and incomplete one item caught my fancy. They cite a few words common to the Armenian language, among which, get this . In the Urartian language the word for “art/արտ” plain/field is “artu”. Of course we know that the Urartians were very fond of words ending -I -U etc.
Another interesting tidbit is that some read “ErebUni” as “ErebAni/Էրեբանի” .Of course we also know the interchangeability of B to V and visa versa., as in Bahram-Vahram-Bagram. Here is another wonder. In the map of Urartu there is a town north of the lake Urmia called ANIASTAN.
Please Hagop, show us some of Hovik's works.
* Khorenatsi is being revised daily. BTW does he even mentions the Uraratians?
** Some day I will come to that.
*** Note that it is spelled with the Է as opposed to "ամեն" to mean "all". Apparently yhe interchageability of Է and Ի is not uniquely Armenian phenomenon.

He barely knew Farsi, but more importantly, he had no knowledge that enabled him to distinguish between Pahlavi and Old Persian, which were drastaically different. FARSI is a language with majority Arabic vocabulary. Curosry knowledge of Farsi obviously does not qualify Ajarian or anyone else to delve into word origins and claim knowledge of Pahlavi word roots and actually origins. He knew nothing about the Avesta.

He also had no idea that there were drastic language reforms that occurred twice, that changed the Pahlavi vocabulary and even "religious" alphabet. He is a totally unqualified author.

You guys are great thinkers and analysts, but your sources are outdated and mostly discredited.

Khorenatsi mentions the Aramian Dynasty as an Armenian dynasty, and the founding monarch for the "Urartruans" just happens to be named Aram.

The "Urartuans" were not fond of those vowel endings. The Aram(u) or Aram(e) (they can't decide) is to be read as simply Aram. That is a misread in the cuneiform. The Akkadian template of sounding vowels at the and of every consonantal symbol has been misapplied to the Armenian languages of Hatti, Hurrian, Luwian, Lycian and others, and this ending was rejected by A Mordtmann a hundred years ago.

Something that we discovered upon closely examining the Hittite Dictionary from the Universtity of Chicago is that Hatti/Hittite is an Armenian language, and this was established fact before the well-documented ant-Armenian paradigm shift in Germany, the main center for Armenology, and the disastrous effects it had on Armenology.

The soc-alled "Hurri-Mittannian" is also Armenian in origin.

Ajarian may be the best mechanical linguist, and he certainly is the best dialect linguist we have had. However, he is not good enough, and never was good enough.

Hovik Nersesian's works can be purchased. I can send you a copy of his books.

#39 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:07 PM

Յովաննես , իմ ներողամիտ եղբայրս, սեպագրական աշխարհը շատ խախոտ է և շատ ենթադրութիւններով լի գիտութիւն է:

Առաջինը, ես 1997-ին որոշեցի, որ «ուրարտերենը» պիտի անտեսեմ հիմակուայ համար, քանի որ չափազանց ախքատ մնացած աղբիւր է, ու հարիւր տեսակ խաղ ու պարով տարապած ու անհատական քմահաճոյքներու զոհ գացած նիւթ է: Չըսեմ թէ քաղաքական խաղերը ինչ էին: Այս լաբիրինթոսը ինձ համար երկրորդական է, ինչքան 1) մշակութային կապերը 2) Հաթթիերենը որ շատ աւելի հարուստ հետքեր ունի և 3) հիմա աւելցավ Ավեսթան և իր չափազանց հետաքրքրական տեղեկութիւնները մեր երկրի մասին: Բախտաւոր եմ որ Հովիկ Ներսեսեանի պէս մասնագէտ ունիմ քիթիս տակ, մի քանի փողոց այն կողմ:

Չեմ կրնար խորանալ այս («Ուրարտական») հարցով լիովին, բայց միայն մեկ օրինակ բերեմ որ արդեն շատ կասկածանքի տակ դրավ այսպէս կոչուած «վերծանումները» այսպէս կոչուած «ուրարտերենի» կամ «խալդիերենի»: Լեզուաբան և հնագէտ A Mordtmann-ը 100 տարի առաջ նկատեց որ այսպէս կոչուած «ուրարտերենի» անուններու վերջածանցը կարելի է կարդալ ոչ որպէս «խի-նի-լի» այլ որպէս «ագան»: Ինքը նկատեց որ սա logogramային, պատկերային համակարգի մէջ կմտնայ: Արգիշտի-խի-նի-լի իրեն համար գոյութիւն չուներ, այլ Արգիշտագան (որը փոքր բարբառային հնչիւնային փոփոխութեամբ կդարնայ Արգիշտական):

Երկրորդ՝ չիկայ ոեւէ գիտնական այս բերուած ցանկին մէջ, որ գիտեր սեպխագրերը իբրեւ առաջին աղբիւր կարդալ, ոչ Ղափանցեանը, որ այլապէս փայլուն միտք է, ոչ այլոք: Bili-dili-mili-dingirli-ները ինձ համար դարցան կասկածանքի արարկայ, երբ իմացայ որ իրենց, սեպագրագէտներու գլխավոր որոշուած և ընդունուած համեմատական հնչոինային չափանիշը, բաղաձայնային արումով անհամեմատելիօրեն աւելի աղքատ (քան հայկանան ընտանիքի լեզուները) ակկադերենն է: Ակկադերենը հնչիւնային աղքատութիւնը վ-ն դարցուց բ-ի, ց-ն ս-ի, և այլն:

#40 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Nov 1 2007, 02:44 PM)
http://www.geocities...an-Glossary.htmDoes that mean Ajarian cannot be revised and improved? Since those days the world has been evolving so fast that many hypothesis need not only yearly, monthly, weekly and even daily revisions. Even stupid me sometime spot inconsistencies and broad gerelaizations. I wish I had kept track of them. One of them tha I remember is "imanal", he totally dismisses the Arabic word "iman" faith/belief/trust, from which "amen/ամէն***/amin", "I believe, I trust".

On the ամ/am deal. The reason the Nikolai Marr even embarked on his ambitious (and career-wise, disastrously costly) Japhetian theory was precisely due to the strange fact that semitic and indo-european seem to have the same nostratic root language.

What was Marr's conclusion, since he no longer saw the point is separating languages into separate families under the Sprachbund assumption?

He decided that the so-called language families are merely developmental stratum due to the cultural setting each stratum had to adapt to.

Thus, any term that is a call for "fulfillment of a desire, yearly cycle, birth/death cycle, motherhood," and so on, anything to do with "Am" is prevalent in both IE and Semitic. "Faith, belief, trust," are mere offshoots of the same concept of "mother's wish, fulfillment of the motherly [life/death] cycle" and so on.

Am is mother. Am, An, Anna, Ani, all these are roots for mother. Ameak, the year, the completion of the annual cycle (the latin root anno, same root)

"Amin" was thought by Dumezil to mean "the desires of the moon," since "am" or "ama" is also a reference to the moon as a symbol of this motherly cycle.

Ar-am, the very pairing of the oposites in one name, since mythology has played the shift in who dominates. Otto Ranck exploited Marr's thoughts and applied the same idea to Myths as to language; i.e. myths change as society changes, and so language changes, and all of its lecxical and semantic application to life and existence changes simultaenously.

This is not to say that Marr proved his theory to the hilt. He did not. (But, curiously enough, Ranck's thoughts caught on, and comparatve and developmental mythology is a respected idea). This is obviously not a one man venture. However, I am just pointing out one of the reasons that compelled him to feel this way and to jump on this theory.

The very name Sem/Shem/Sim is Armenian in origin. To those who object to the ethnicity link, I say that it is at least Armenian geographically and very possible ethnically. (Hey, accord to the well-known and not-so-well known myths, even Japanese myths, things began from our mountains.)

So, when J. Hawkes once said "Assyrian is partly rooted as a culture in the north, and the oldest cultural stratum in Assur is Hurri-Mittanian, or of the Armenian highlands." So it goes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users