Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

GENDER ISSUE
DASHTAN

Where are our more beautiful Forum Friends?
Where are all those “bloody” ladies, our mothers, sisters, wives and daughters?**
I placed this here under the category of Gender ISSUES
Yes, I emphasized ISSUE, i.e flow, discharge. See below.
**Where are all those bloody bastards that call our women “bloody” ?
In another topic we spoke about this
http://hyeforum.com/...578#entry307098
Where I posed the following question. I neglected to mention that I heard that quote about the uncleanness of women from the mouth of an Armenian clergy. Bloody? Did that clergy know anything about women from other than what that heap of trash, aka the Old Testament says?
Did he know about our PUREST women like Anahit, Astghik, Gayaneh , Hripsimeh et al?

We know that the Armenian word for deacon is Sarkavag. What are/were those (female) deaconesses called then? What are they called now?? Sarkavaganush? Sarkavagouhi?
Were they allowed to the altar. To my knowledge, women were/are not, because they are unclean, they bleed.

This whole thing of discrimination and persecution of women begins in that Book some call the Word of God. The Breath of God, AstvatsaShunj. If in fact it is a Word of God, then why did the Creator who endowed womankind with such a gift of life would i.e cleansing the uterus for a fresh seeds of life, condemn it?
The menses in religions. In case we lose the site I will quote the relevant segment of the article below.
http://myperiodblog....n-and-religion/

Menstruation is an alternate word for menses** =The monthly flow of blood and cellular debris from the uterus that begins at puberty in women and the females of other primates. In women, menses ceases at menopause.

The Armenian word for menstruation is DASHTAN
http://www.nayiri.co...&pageNumber=629
http://nayiri.com/im...&pageNumber=511
See synonyms Armenian here;
http://www.nayiri.co...&pageNumber=160

Medical Definition of ISSUE =1 : progeny
2 : a discharge (as of blood) from the body that is caused by disease or other physical disorder or that is produced artificially <a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians—Luke 8:43 (Authorized Version)> b : an incision made to produce such a discharge

**Note that when we say menses=moons, months we are not talking about the modern calendar of 28-29-30- 31 day months but the 28 day lunar month., except every 4 years , leap year when Februay gains a day to 29.
====

Menstruation and Christianity: In the Old Testament of the Bible there were Jewish restrictions around menstruating women (in Leviticus 12). Menstruating women were unclean for 7 days and couldn’t have sex with their husbands (men who had a seminal discharge were also considered unclean, until nightfall). A woman had to purify herself after she finished menstruating, until then anything that she touched would be unclean (as would anyone who had touched her, or had been touched by a person who had been in contact with her).
In the Bible, Eve’s curse was pain in childbirth, not menstruation. When Eve disobeys God he tells her, “I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you” (Genesis 3). Even though Eve’s curse (in the Bible) was not menstruation, some of the early Christian writers did associate menstruation with women’s sinful nature and Eve’s disobedience. Pope Gregory the Great (d. 604) praised menstruating women who chose not to receive communion and stated that, “The menstrous habit in women is no sin, seeing that it occurs naturally; yet that nature itself has been so vitiated as to seem polluted even without human volition.”
During the first 500 years of Christianity menstruation was not considered a curse & there were no restrictions placed on it, however after that some Christian leaders started to see anything to do with sex as bad, including mensturation and pregnancy (read more here). In many churches, menstruating women no longer permitted to enter the church or to take communion. This menstrual taboo was continued by theologians into the Middle Ages.
Menstruating women were not allowed to have sex with their husbands – it was believed that menstrual blood was noxious & would corrupt semen, resulting in the conception of disabled children. Phyisicians in the 16th century (such as Thomas Sanchez and Cardinal Cajetan) began to reject this fear of menstrual blood, and started to view it as harmless. Until quite recently, however, most Christians theologians continued to view sex during menstruation as a sin.
In Christianity, the ’ritual uncleanness’ of menstruating women soon gave way to the idea that all women (whether menstruating or not) were ‘ritually unclean’, and this idea became part of Catholic Church Law:
In 1140 AD The Law Book of Gratian forbade all women from distributing communion, touching sacred objects, touching or wearing sacred vestments, teaching in church, baptizing people, and from becoming priests or deacons. It also asserted that women were ‘weak of mind’ and not made in the image of God. The Corpus Iuris Canonici (1234 – 1916 AD) prohibited menstruating women from receiving communion. In 1917 the Codex Iuris Canonici still placed heavy restrictions on women (however a specific menstrual restriction was not mentioned): women could not serve Mass or distribute communion, women could not preach or read sacred scripture aloud in church, and women had to be the last choice of minister for baptism. In 1983 many of these prohibitions against women were lifted by the Catholic church (the new Code of Canon Law states that women may preach, lead Mass, and distribute communion).
In modern Christianity there are no restrictions around menstruation except in conservative Orthodox parts of the Catholic church. Menstruating women are still not allowed to take communion in conservative Orthodix Catholic churches (sometimes they are not even allowed enter church). The idea still exists that menstruation makes women ‘unclean’ and this has been used as a reason why women shouldn’t be ordained as priests (they would make the altar ‘unclean’

#2 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

de hma el yes asem, graget U mets martes, bayts yerpemen zarmanumem qo posteri vra, mite?!!! qez u mer antamerin zasuma E es temayi masin zrutsel? txamartes verjapes, qez vaeluch pahir.

#3 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

We are Christian aren&#146;t we?
In my above post the quotes were mainly from non-Christian pagan OT sources. and the Catholics of the dark ages.
Now let us see what Jesus says in the users handbook for Christians, the NT says about the issue.

Matt.9-[20] And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
Mark.5-[25] And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
Luke.8-[43] And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, [44] Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched

And the Armenian versions.
http://kendimian.com...le/Matthew.html
http://kendimian.com/Bible/Mark.html
http://kendimian.com/Bible/Luke.html
=====
PS. Dear Ed, I did not understand whar you said above., That I as a male person have no business in gender issues? I made it perfectly clear that I was addressing our lady friends, our mothers, sisters, wives and daughters.

Edited by Arpa, 09 July 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#4 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

vay Arpa, duel gites chem haskanum? ay mart parzapes et xoselu tema che, patshach che qez, vochel indz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users