39 replies to this topic

#21 Eva

Eva

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(SanVal @ Oct 9 2006, 07:07 PM) View Post
That's exactly what would make it dry and unhealthy, and will give you split ends.

well that's true , but you don't have to use the curlier everyday, and you can use natural shampoos and conditionars from natural herbs to improve the hair quality. Natural is the best,,Like the brand "Biolage", tha's what I use, and they have specific ones for straight, curly or waivy and many other kinds.Also, they have products that would naturally make the straight hair curly and give volume, my advice ,just check that brand,,

#22 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:32 AM

Armenian hair or not, the fact remains that most Armenians would rather have the hair that they have on their chest, on their head. This applies to both men AND women. tongue.gif

#23 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE(Sip @ Oct 10 2006, 02:32 AM) View Post
Armenian hair or not, the fact remains that most Armenians would rather have the hair that they have on their chest, on their head. This applies to both men AND women. tongue.gif

LOL! lol.gif

#24 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE(Sip @ Oct 10 2006, 02:32 AM) View Post

Don't forget the moustache, men AND women. tongue.gif

#25 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Oct 10 2006, 03:45 PM) View Post
Don't forget the moustache, men AND women. tongue.gif

An ethnic joke:
Q.Why do Italian men have moustaches?
A. To look like their mothers. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Armenian saying; If there were dignity to hair it would not grow in certain other places. smile.gif tongue.gif

#26 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Oct 10 2006, 01:17 PM) View Post
An ethnic joke:
Q.Why do Italian men have moustaches?
A. To look like their mothers. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Armenian saying; If there were dignity to hair it would not grow in certain other places. smile.gif tongue.gif

Hey Arpa I have a question for you, just to juggle your memory.
Who said? and who would know the number of hair in those certain places? tongue.gif smile.gif

#27 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Oct 10 2006, 05:25 PM) View Post
Hey Arpa I have a question for you, just to juggle your memory.
Who said? and who would know the number of hair in those certain places? tongue.gif smile.gif

The Herr Fuhrer. tongue.gif

#28 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Oct 10 2006, 01:29 PM) View Post
The Herr Fuhrer. tongue.gif

Who else?

#29 Sassun

Sassun

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Gabig @ Apr 2 2006, 12:55 AM) View Post
Any suggestions on products for that thick, curly, crazy (but wonderful) Armenian hair? I keep looking for cremes, mousses, gels, whatever, to boost the curl and look natural/not crunchy.... I think Armenian hair is very unique in that sense... I love it, but it's every bit as feisty as Armenia itself!

heh, and i thought i was the only one. laugh.gif i have crazy hair too, i've tried virtually every hair product out there, anti-freeze, mousse, gel, everything, but none of it works. the only way i can make my hair look stylishly crazy is to use the hair straightener (iron??) thing... but i understand that's not too healthy for the hair on a very regular basis... unsure.gif

#30 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(konfetka @ Oct 9 2006, 11:02 PM) View Post
well that's true , but you don't have to use the curlier everyday, and you can use natural shampoos and conditionars from natural herbs to improve the hair quality. Natural is the best,,Like the brand "Biolage", tha's what I use, and they have specific ones for straight, curly or waivy and many other kinds.Also, they have products that would naturally make the straight hair curly and give volume, my advice ,just check that brand,,

Thanks. One more excuse to go to the mall.

#31 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(Sassun @ Oct 22 2006, 02:24 PM) View Post
heh, and i thought i was the only one. laugh.gif i have crazy hair too, i've tried virtually every hair product out there, anti-freeze, mousse, gel, everything, but none of it works. the only way i can make my hair look stylishly crazy is to use the hair straightener (iron??) thing... but i understand that's not too healthy for the hair on a very regular basis... unsure.gif

Why not try African-American products...some hair relaxers.

#32 Sassun

Sassun

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(SanVal @ Oct 24 2006, 03:57 AM) View Post
Why not try African-American products...some hair relaxers.

lol.... there are African-American hair products? huh.gif Damn lucky you guys live in USA , I don't think we have them here in Lebanon.. msn-cry.gif is this supposed to be like an anti-freeze or conditioner or something? cos none of these did a damn thing to my Afro hair. huh.gif

Edited by Sassun, 24 October 2006 - 08:22 AM.

#33 Caligirl

Caligirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(Sassun @ Oct 24 2006, 07:21 AM) View Post
lol.... there are African-American hair products? huh.gif Damn lucky you guys live in USA , I don't think we have them here in Lebanon.. msn-cry.gif is this supposed to be like an anti-freeze or conditioner or something? cos none of these did a damn thing to my Afro hair. huh.gif

I think they relax it with strong chemicals and heat for a few hours and that's the most damaging thing you can do to your hair. Why are you trying to straighten your hair anyway? It sounds like you have thick curly hair and lots of people would kill for that look! smile.gif I personally think that straight hair is boring.

#34 Caligirl

Caligirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Oct 9 2006, 11:32 PM) View Post

Armenian women with chest hair?! Are you sure they weren't men in drag? lol Next time look for an Adam's apple. lol

#35 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(Sassun @ Oct 24 2006, 07:21 AM) View Post

Yes, we have them. They're in the "ethnic hair products" section in our supermarkets. There are also beauty salons that specialize in that type of hair.

#36 Sassun

Sassun

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Caligirl @ Oct 25 2006, 12:43 AM) View Post
I think they relax it with strong chemicals and heat for a few hours and that's the most damaging thing you can do to your hair. Why are you trying to straighten your hair anyway? It sounds like you have thick curly hair and lots of people would kill for that look! smile.gif I personally think that straight hair is boring.

well, if you had my hair, you'd worship straight hair too. huh.gif lol... more like, if i don't straighten it, it would look like a lion's hair.. lol.gif it's not so curly as it is thick and unbelievably hard to keep in one shape, only the ends of the hairs are curly, the rest is wavy and has a very large volume. huh.gif msn-cry.gif

#37 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(Sassun @ Oct 25 2006, 10:40 AM) View Post
well, if you had my hair, you'd worship straight hair too. huh.gif lol... more like, if i don't straighten it, it would look like a lion's hair.. lol.gif it's not so curly as it is thick and unbelievably hard to keep in one shape, only the ends of the hairs are curly, the rest is wavy and has a very large volume. huh.gif msn-cry.gif

You'll be thankful you have thick hair when you get older and everyone else your age (including the women) start looking like they have two strands of hair on their heads

#38 Nvard

Nvard

Gatita :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:everything..

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:43 PM

I wanna have Armenian haaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiir msn-cry.gif
When it comes to me-it's a total lack of any Armenian good feature mad.gif
My hair is straight and soft:(

#39 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(Nvard @ Jan 15 2007, 12:43 PM) View Post
I wanna have Armenian haaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiir msn-cry.gif
When it comes to me-it's a total lack of any Armenian good feature mad.gif
My hair is straight and soft:(

What are the good Armenian features? And how can coarse, curly hair be considered an Armenian feature when most Armenians I've seen have straight hair?

#40 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:27 PM

oh noooooo, this topic is back again. now I have to call my psychologist and schedule 10 more sessions. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users