#1 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:42 PM

I have a friend who just met this great guy. They've been going out every day ever sense they've met. But all his been doing lately is talking about his ex girlfriend. He told my friend how much he loved her (his ex), and couldn't eat or sleep because she broke up with him (which was about a month and a half ago). This girl had done anything in the book to hurt him ... ran off with another guy and got married, etc., etc. But he still wanted her back. This guy says his over his ex girlfriend because his got friend in his life now.

This girl calls him every single day, and they're still friends. My friend is having second thoughts because she says (and I agree) love that strong cant just go away. My friend even asked him... "Would you go back to her (his ex girlfriend) if she came back to you"... He said, "No because my friend is in his life right now ... but he would try to break them up if my friend happened to walk away" He told my friend she's got nothing to worry about.

What do you guys think ... something doesn't add up here...

#2 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:23 PM

He's on the rebound. Clear and simple. Tell your friend to tell him that she might be ready for him when he is.

#3 Bakersfieldian

Bakersfieldian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:20 PM

Good advice.

I personally don't care for anyone still tied up in a previous relationship, whether physically or mentally.

It doesn't matter if they are fun, cute, whatever.

Unlike them, you know it's time to move on.

#4 mx5

mx5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 02:18 AM

I wish it was as easy and simple as you think it is.The guy seems to be deep in love with his ex-girl and by telling that to your friend he seems to not care about her emotionally right now.

As you imply he seems to be a handsome guy and many girls will not mind beeing with him as long as he is not with his ex-girl, on the hope that he will get over it evantually.

Love sometimes Hurts,and it could strike anytime and at any stage of life,even if you are married,you just can feel that ache in your chest like a fire,in this latter case you just cannot leave your life partner behind and seek the new(although many does),you will have to bite on the wound and do tremendous effort and let time heal it.

As for your friend i think she must help this guy out ,and be simpathetic with him in his misery,that if she realy cares about him ,I think she will win him eventually.

Some guys are too proud persons and preffer to live with their wounded heart rather than go behind the person who abandond them.

sometimes living with the feeling of that deep love is much more beutifull and lasting than living with the loved person and getting dissapointed!!!...

#5 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:17 AM

yes, he is on the rebound, he needs to be strong and spend some time away from women and "recover". Personally, I try to stay away from men who talk or compare me to their ex-girlfriends smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users