• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2000 - 02:43 PM

Barev
Karogh e Artsyok Hye@ linel Mason " Vormnadir"
inchu emhartsnum sa / qani vor vorosh Masoner hajaxum en irents mason yekeretsiner@ , yev iharke hamakrum astsun,
sakayn n@rantsits shater@ katholik en vorosh@ qristonya , sakayn Mer HAykakan echmiyatsnakan Yekeretsts shat tarber en ,
yev iyspes
jisht e artsyok Hye anhat@ Masonakan Kazmakerputyan andam linel@.
inchpisin e dzer kartsik@.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2000 - 05:18 PM

MosJan,

The answer to your first questions is certainly affirmative. Moreover, the number of Armenian Masons is enormous. I have met some of them in Glendale, others - in Detroit. You can meet an enormous number of them in Fresno In fact the organization called Knights of Vardan is the modern days Armenian Masonic Lodge.

As far as I understand them, Masons don’t have their own Churches, though they do have some rituals. But Masonism is not a religion. I have been explained that the Masons in no way contradicts to Christian values, and in fact, encourage one to stick to his faith, whatever it is. They believe in God, but to become a Mason one doesn’t have to belong to a certain religion.

Lots of prominent Diaspora Armenians are, or have been Masons wile alive. I would refrain pointing on individuals, but let me assure you that you know some of them, and you are very proud of them, and speak of them with deep admiration

Moreover, all three Armenian traditional political parties have been founded on the basis of the Masonic movement. As a matter of fact, this is evidenced even by the presence of the Masonic symbol on the party flags of all three parties (as of today). Moreover, the organizational structure of ARF resembles that of the Masonic organization.

Historically, a lot of the negative publicity regarding the Masons comes from the Russian counterintelligence services, other pro-soviet countries, and the Catholic Church.

As far as I know, the Soviet Armenian negative feeling towards Masons are motivated by the recognition of the fact of Enver and Taleat *****’s, and moreover, Young Turks belonging to this organization, which has lead to a wrong conclusion that the Genocide was organized by the Masons, and was in the interest of the Masons. So far I have not heard a solid explanations as why would the elimination of Armenians be in the interests of Masons?

Let me point also that Mozart, and a lot of other great historic figures have been Masons. The Founding Fathers of the US have also been Masons.

My understanding is that the Masonic organization is somewhat mysterious, in maintaining a large degree of secrecy even in our days. Where there is secrecy, there is suspicion. But the few Armenian Masons that I have met, have been really patriotic Armenians, and have done an enormous service to Armenia in the last 10 years, that I am aware of.

So, I guess, the fact shows that yes, Armenians may be Masons, there are a lot of them, and probably it doesn’t heart Armenia a bit

I don’t know a lot about the subject, and perhaps some others in the forum may know more, and can share with us their knowledge, if they find it appropriate.

[This message has been edited by MJ (edited September 23, 2000).]

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2000 - 07:53 AM

Nice info MJ. I am Armenian and am also a Mason, and I am also a member of the Knights of Vartan. I just wanted to make one slight clarification. The Knights of Vartan is not affiliated in any way with the Masonic order.

And to back up your previous comments, yes there are many Armenians who belong to the Masonic order. I can also state that probably most of them are fairly inactive.
Steve

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,230 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:43 AM

MASONS COMING TO ARMENIA - WITHOUT ANY CONSPIRACY

Certain information sources of "Azg" daily told us that representatives of a rather influential Mason lodge are coming to Armenia in order to establish here a structure of theirs. Guy Skobian, representative of the Mason delegation, in an interview to "Azg" correspondent represented the rest of the delegation coming to Armenia. It consists of Claude Geidan, Second Grandmaster of the "Great East" lodge, Third Grandmaster George Serin, Responsible for Justice Andre Abbe, Grand Secretary for Foreign Relations Aveline Vallaine, as well as Councilors Pierre Chaume, Guy Akobian and Marcel Veile.

The delegation is to arrive in Yerevan on April 23. According to Akobian, the visit is aimed at the development of relations between the Armenian and French Masons. Guy Akobian refused to say who shall be receiving the delegation in the airport and who shall be involved in the process of enhancement of relations. Instead he said that a number of French Armenian Masons from Paris, Marseilles and Nice are coming with the delegations who are to visit their relatives in their homeland.

Akobian said that the "Great East" Lodge is striving for "freedom, brotherhood and secularity". He also explained that the lodge is not working secretly, therefore there is no conspiracy in the delegation's visit to Armenia.
* By A. Haroutiunian

#5 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:01 PM

Անգլերէն պարբերութիւնը կարդալու աչքացաւութեան չմատնեցի ինքս ինձ: Պիտի պատասխանեմ այս շարանի վերնագրին, որ է . «կարո՞ղ է հայը լինել մասոն(պատշար, որմնադիր)», այսպէս. «կարո՞ղ է հայը լինել պոռնիկ» եթէ այո, ուրեմն մասոն եւս կարելի է լինել:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users