25 replies to this topic

#21 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 01:13 PM

Such intensity of feeling reminds me of how the Moslem clerics feel about Salman Rushdie. The scholarly works on Jesus come from many varied sources. The earlierst bible extant, the Siniaticus Bible, found in a sealed room of St. Catherine's monastery does not contain any passages about the Resurrection.

#22 acegroup

acegroup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 04:14 PM

EVEN Jesus had a wife, Magdalene.

Khodja provide proof by your false accusations. As well as you need to read the article posted by Arad.

The scholarly works on Jesus come from many varied sources.

There is a critical point in you statement, there is a immense difference between varied sources and valid sources. After reading the article provided by Arad, I do agree with Arad, there is absolutely no proof, just some off beat speculation by writers who are not even considered scholars in the field that they wrote about. Here is a back round of the authors of the “Holy Blood, Holy Grail” book.

Lincoln, a writer and television producer for the BBC in England; Leigh, a novelist and Ph.D.; and Baigent, a sometime teacher with a degree in psychology have pooled their talents to produce a new book that will undoubtedly bring them some measure of notoriety. The book, the outgrowth of research for a series of specials for BBC television, has been creating controversy both locally and abroad.

I hope seriously that this a bad joke on your part for considering a TV producer, a novelist and a psychologist for producing “scholarly works”.

The earlierst bible extant, the Siniaticus Bible, found in a sealed room of St. Catherine's monastery does not contain any passages about the Resurrection.

America-Hye, by finding one bible out of millions with an exclusion doesn’t prove a point. We must look at the teachings of the Church in its entirety. We know that before a bible was ever composed, the Church Historians and the Church Fathers preached a resurrected Christ undoubtedly. Not to mention the teachings of the Saints and Apostles prior to the bible. As well as, we must research the Siniaticus bible that was found. Who were to authors of it(I mean, who did the translating or the writing)? Is the book complete? Which books does this bible contain? You present yourself as an educated and literate individual, please look at the Church in its entirety, before making false accusations.

#23 Arad9

Arad9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 11:37 PM

Welcome acegroup
good post Twilightbark and gamavor.
I don't think America-hye believes in a maried jesus or an unmaried jesus. I think the reason that he believes such things is because of personal issues.

#24 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 12:46 AM

GUESS AGAIN ARAD!!!I am just too busy right now to do the research to give you the facts.

#25 joseph parikian

joseph parikian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image

Beutiful picture of Akhtamar Church

#26 America-Hye

America-Hye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 01:03 AM

Yes, an absolutely beautiful picture of Akhtamar Church! Yet We can sill be followers of Christ EVEN if he was married. We can still follow the teachings of Christ EVEN if the dogma of the Churches are ignored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users