56 replies to this topic

#1 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:26 PM

Click on the the pics for bigger versions... the small ones don't do the scenery any justice. More to come soon!

#2 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:38 PM

That wasn't your jeep, was it? blink.gif

#3 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:40 PM

That's all me tongue.gif I added a couple more.

#4 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ May 25 2004, 07:40 PM)
That's all me tongue.gif I added a couple more.

Hope your doing ok then tongue.gif When do we get to see more pictures? biggrin.gif

#5 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:26 AM

i was listening to some environmentalist on the npr.
apperantely you offroaders need to be hanged for the damage you do to the desert.

#6 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 05:28 AM

Picking up from where some environmentalists leave off because they are so blind, we probably should live in caves and without fire to retain a pristine Earth.

#7 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Harut @ May 26 2004, 06:26 AM)
i was listening to some environmentalist on the npr.
apperantely you offroaders need to be hanged for the damage you do to the desert.

Who cares if they f*ck-up their own country's environment. It's when their mentality starts to f*ck-up the whole world then it is time to stop them. The damage that 250 million Americans can do to the world pales into nothing compared to what two billion Chinese, all aspiring to an American lifestyle, will do to this planet.

Of course, the "end of days" when hordes of slitty-eyed chinks start to move west is every American Christian fundamentalists wet dream, so don't expect Bush to be concerned.

Umm ... just to clarify ... wasn't meaning to be intentionally offensive in the above final comment. With it I was intending to post a picture from an American fundamentalist Christian booklet from the 1970s which has, under a quote from some Biblical prophesy about invasions from the East, a depiction of hordes of Chinese Communist soldiers emerging from underground tunnels to attack good old mom and apple pie America. But, damnit, I can't find the booklet.

Edited by bellthecat, 26 May 2004 - 04:52 PM.

#8 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Stormig @ May 26 2004, 11:28 AM)
Picking up from where some environmentalists leave off because they are so blind, we probably should live in caves and without fire to retain a pristine Earth.

Not a bad idea after all. This would help isolate obnoxious individuals that are a nuisance to their surrounding environment. Provided their cave or rather "oubliette" (to stick to the Louis XIV context) is not internet-enabled, that is.

nor did I ask you for personal exchanges about what you thought about me, the kind you can't say out in the open as a mod would be on top of you, so I don't know where un-liberal what-nots like you take their liberties to do so on PM.

I sent you a PM for the reason I wasn't supposed to post in the thread anymore as I had promised to. Otherwise I would have said it out in the open, without hesitation.

I may be wrong but sometimes I have this impression that the way you act does not correspond to what you are in reality. Maybe is it that you don't like yourself. I do not dislike you.

#9 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:47 AM

Axel, post the whole set of PM's, and then tell me if you didn't deserve what you got. biggrin.gif

#10 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:06 AM

You want me to get another warning biggrin.gif (Azat this one does not count, does it?)

Ew, I'd rather not imagine what it would be about.

Don't worry, I have better things to do than write poetry to an unsensitive slut.

I see little offence there, I mean, from a french point of view.

#11 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:07 AM

OMG, he's smiling!!!
Frenchie point of view...

#12 axel

axel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:35 AM

Sorry I am not used to filling my posts with smileys. I still need some practise. Maybe I should make an effort and participate in zero-entropy threads such as Mandy's welcoming.

#13 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:32 AM

Harut, we ONLY stick to established trails that are legal to drive on, have signs and marks, and never venture anywhere off the trail. There are plenty of legal trails in moab that people have used for decades with well established routes and maps. Some of them go through private land and you have to pay a fee. Most of them are on public lands.

They all have signs indicating whether it's ok for Jeep, ATV, mountain bike, or just for hiking.

And as far as hardcore tree-hugging hippie environmentalists ... they can go flock themselves.

#14 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ May 26 2004, 02:32 PM)
they can go flock themselves.

lol.gif

#15 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:21 AM

Okay you guys(Stormig and Axel) stop these childish arguments...

#16 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:51 AM

Sip, that must have been scary. I am happy you did not injure yourself and did not have much damage on the car.

I heard the NPR report as well. It was mostly for the people on dirt bikes who do not stay on the marked paths.

#17 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:54 AM

Hey Sip...been (near) there - but haven't done none of that...looks like great fun though...and - as ususal - you are having too much fun!!

#18 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:19 PM

(click for bigger ones, especially the one at top right)

A few more from today. These were some of the prettier shots but as you can imagine there was a lot of technical stuff as well ... not nearly as bad as the one up top though biggrin.gif

Sorry can't reply too much in detail as I'm still far from a good connection.

#19 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:40 PM

schmoll.gif
looooooooooks too dangerous!
Sep,weren't you going to give me your moms phone number so I can have a little talk with her? dry.gif

#20 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:41 PM

Wow, Sip, in the top 2 pics did you have too much adrenaline? smile.gif By they way, I am thinking even in a desert there must be some kind of a ticket for driving on the edge of a dangerous rock (perhaps a ticket for reckless endangerement of a nice jeep biggrin.gif ). Anyway, stay safe man. It is considerably safer to just stay home and post at hyeforum? biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users