#1 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:24 AM

Ok, you guys and gals, have checkbook ready.
Long believed lost Ayvazovsky’s oil painting Ararat will be auctioned at Sotheby’s in London today .
According to art expert Shahen Khachatrian the painting was sent from a private collection in Greece.
The article below goes on saying that of the 6000 works by the artist this painting, has special ethnic and emotional value for the Armenian nation.

http://www.azg.am/?l...&num=2005113044

AZG Armenian Daily #218, 30/11/2005

ԱՅՎԱԶՈՎՍԿՈՒ ԿՈՐԱԾ ՀԱՄԱՐՎՈՂ "ԱՐԱՐԱՏ ԼԵՌ" ՆԿԱՐԸ ԼՈՆԴՈՆԻ ՍՈԹԲԻ՛Զ ԱՃՈՒՐԴԻ ՍՐԱՀՈՒՄ
Աշխարհահռչակ ծովանկարիչ Հովհաննես Այվազովսկու 1869 թ.-ին ստեղծած "Արարատ լեռ" յուղանկարը վաղը՝ դեկտեմբերի 1-ին վաճառքի կդրվի Լոնդոնի Սոթբի՛զ աճուրդի սրահում: Արվեստաբան Շահեն Խաչատրյանի "Ազգին" տված տեղեկությունների համաձայն, նկարը աճուրդի է ուղարկվել Հունաստանից, անհատական հավաքածուից: "Արարատ լեռ" նկարի ծավալներն են 124,5x167,5 սմ: Մեկնարկային գինը 450 000 ֆունտ ստեռլինգ է:
Այվազովսկու նկարած շուրջ 6000 նկարների մեջ սրբազան Արարատ լեռը հանդիպում է մի քանի անգամ: Դրանցից մեկը "Նոյն իջնում է Արարատից" նկարն է, որը փրկվել է մեկ այլ նշանավոր հայազգի նկարիչ Մարտիրոս Սարյանի միջոցով եւ հանձնվել Երեւանի Ազգային պատկերասրահին: Միջազգային աճուրդի հանվող այս 2-րդ նկարը երկար ժամանակ համարվում էր կորած:
© Copyright AZG

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:44 AM

Has anyone learned the outcome of the auction?
Was it bought?
How much, by whom?

Portrait of a younger Hovannes, A Ukrainian site. Much info, biography etc.;

http://www.encyclope.....anov 1841.jpg

Not seen before photo;

http://www.encyclope...jpg#TopPosition

And, of course, this;

http://www.armsite.c...ers/aivazovsky/

A better view of Descent From Ararat.
Edit. The frame did not dsplay.
Let me try again. Click on the frame "Descent..." to get a better view.
http://www.gallery.a..._id=46&langid=1

Edited by Arpa, 02 December 2005 - 09:02 AM.

#3 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:28 PM

Arpa:

You know what I think? I think Armenia should purchase Aivazovsky's painting and keep it in the museum in Armenia, if it's not late already. wink.gif

#4 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Anahid Takouhi @ Dec 2 2005, 09:28 PM)
Arpa:

You know what I think? I think Armenia should purchase Aivazovsky's painting and keep it in the museum in Armenia, if it's not late already. wink.gif

Yes, Anahid, you got the spirit of my post.
I tacitly saked if any Armenian had participated in the auction.
How about you?
You seem to be comfortably situated smile.gif.
Seriously though. All Ayvazovsky's should be tracked and purchased to be placed under one "roof" at the National Gallery. Speaking of "roof", the last I heard the "roof" at the Gallery was leaking threatening the health of the National Treasures.

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,256 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:31 PM

i wish to purchase the painting sad.gif i'm just bit shorth on cash
Arpa jan can you please loan me 10 or 15million
just for 20 or 30 years - i'll pay you back

PleaZe...

I Prooooomiisssssssss

#6 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (MosJan @ Dec 2 2005, 10:31 PM)
i wish to purchase the painting sad.gif i'm just bit shorth on cash
Arpa jan can you please loan me 10 or 15million
just for 20 or 30 years - i'll pay you back
PleaZe...

I Prooooomiisssssssss

Sure MosJan.
Just say when.
You're talking about Drams and or Monopoly money aren't you. Or was it Turkish Liras?
smile.gif smile.gif

#7 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Arpa @ Dec 2 2005, 05:27 PM)
Yes, Anahid, you got the spirit of my post.
I tacitly saked if any Armenian had participated in the auction.
How about you?
You seem to be comfortably situated smile.gif.
Seriously though. All Ayvazovsky's should be tracked and purchased to be placed under one "roof" at the National Gallery. Speaking of "roof", the last I heard the "roof" at the Gallery was leaking threatening the health of the National Treasures.

No Arpa, I really wish I was. I am as of late playing the New York lottery a lot though. I will now start looking for a job. If I was rich with millions, I'd go to Armenia personally and look after each and every poor Armenian person myself; just like Mother Theresa, and feed them with my pocket money and so the Armenian thieves there won't steal it from the poor.

'Pan me lav gouzes enel, tserkovet bedk eh enes teh voch koghere shad gan ays ashkharhi vera, amot, shad amot Hayasdani Hayeroun. Inch esem yes al soud em, chem kider akhber jan, yes al shevaretsa menatsi kogheroun yev sedakhosneroun meche'. ohmy.gif

Payts as oreren mege aghote vor New York Lotteryn shahim neh ambayman shad me Hayasdani Hayeroun okdagar gertam yev gellam, for sure. smile.gif

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 03 December 2005 - 07:06 AM.

#8 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

Arpa and Movses:

How about going to Armenian Cultural Associations and letting them know the situation, so that they can come up with the money for this, and then send it to Armenia?

I wish you guys; maybe Movses to find a way to let the Armenian papers get to them. That will be great. smile.gif

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 02 December 2005 - 04:43 PM.

#9 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:54 PM

Ayvazovsky painting sold at Christie’s for $1.5 million.
Apparently bought by a Ukrainian.
This is not the famous Descent From Ararat. We still don’t know if that was bought, by whom and for how much.

ՀՈՎՀԱՆՆԵՍ ԱՅՎԱԶՈՎՍԿՈՒ ԿՏԱՎԸ ՎԱՃԱՌՎԵԼ Է 1,5 ՄԻԼԻՈՆ ԴՈԼԱՐՈՎ
ԼՈՆԴՈՆ, 2 ԴԵԿՏԵՄԲԵՐ, ԱՐՄԵՆՊՐԵՍ: Լոնդոնի «Քրիստիզ» միջազգային աճուրդում 1,5 միլիոն դոլարով վաճառվել է Հովհաննես Այվազովսկու նկարներից մեկը:
Ինչպես հաղորդել է «Բլումբերգ» գործակալությունը, «Ձկնորսական նավակը ռուսական խարսխված նավի կողքին» կտավի ուկրաինացի գնորդը ներկայացել է որպես «Ալեքսանդր»՝ հայտնելով միայն, որ զբաղվում է նավթամշակմամբ:
«Իմ գնած նկարներն ազգի հարստությունն են. ռուս եւ ուկրաինացի նկարիչները նույն դպրոցն են ներկայացնում», ասել է նա:

From all indications the following is the painting in question.

http://www.artnet.co...24349807&page=1

Some more from the Ukrainian collection.

http://www.abcgaller...aivazovsky.html

#10 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,256 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:06 PM

sad.gif

1.5 milyoni yeghatsn inch er chtvetsir gnayi n@kar@ arneyi

#11 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:30 PM

1.5 Million Dollar, Araberen gesen "ya ballash". Aysinken inch ajan eh.

Hayasdani lezouov 'vochinch eh' ejan eh! tongue.gif

#12 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Anahid Takouhi @ Dec 3 2005, 10:30 PM)
1.5 Million Dollar, Araberen gesen "ya ballash". Aysinken inch ajan eh.

Hayasdani lezouov 'vochinch eh' ejan eh! tongue.gif

Yes!
It is only petty cash.
Sip Azat and MosJan keep that kind of change in their watch pockets, and Harut lays it at the crap table in Las Vegas.
smile.gif smile.gif
You know Anahid, in a way I am glad that it was bought by a non-Armenian. If it were, it would have probably been bought by a diasporan and it would end up either in Antelias, Ejmiatsin or some foreign gallery. I have been there, I have seen it. The only institutions my fellow diasporans know about Armenia is Ejmiatisin and its clones. I may have been the only one taking time off to visit the National Gallery all by myself. Fortunately a personal aquaintance, Levon Chukaszian arranged a personal tour for me.
Sad to say that the National Gallery of Yerevan, with leaky roofs and uncontrolled atmosphere is still in no shape to house treasures.
cry.gif
I just read somewhere that another diasporan, Hrair Hovnanian has promised a couple of million for yet another vacant church in Yerevan.
Has he read about the 1001 churches of Ani?

Edited by Arpa, 03 December 2005 - 05:05 PM.

#13 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:39 PM

I am very disappointed about that leaky roof of the Armenian Museum. 'Iragan mekh eh'. Because we have very ancient 'arjekavor' museum pieces and it's just sheer shame that Armenians from the Diaspora or the Armenian government aren't fixing it. Now, I can't complain much about the government either. I am sure they have a lot on their minds. But still, I wish someone would donate the necessary money to fix that roof already. Sometimes I wish I was rich like Hovnanian. I would've liked to do something there.

But about odar owning that valuable painting, well, I don't know; but they wouldn't treasure it as much as if it was us, a patriotic and a knowledgeable Armenian, I mean. I simply would've liked it to end up in the Armenian museum; but unfortunately, it's too late now.

#14 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

I just love Google...

http://www.googleart...e-black-sea-163

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users