#1 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:47 PM

Dreaming is one of our most intimate experiences.  Every dream, every night, is unique. Our dream would however confusing, frightening, wonderful or saucily sexy reveals all our secrets.  Every human emotion and experience can be reflected in our dreams.  They mirror our deepest desires, hopes, fears and fantases.  Our hidden self, the one we try to keep from the outside world, emerges from our subconscious.  We see ourselves in the raw sometimes quite litterally.  It's this complete exposure that makes our dreams so important.

Interpreting dreams can help us understand ourselves and help us solve problems.  A dream can warn of potential danger.  Things that trouble us frequently crystalize in a dream.  Some dreams even prodict the future.

The Illustrated Dream Dictionary
Russell Grant
Illustrated by Vicky Emptage

Do you agree with the quote above... If so, have you experienced dreams that have come true?

#2 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:27 PM

yes so many that its scarrysometimes-- i mean not EXACTLY the same things happened- but involved the same people and same circumstances and also the4se werent every day predictable events- they were some random things that you dont expect to happen- sometimes it scares me when i see such dreams-- but scariest one was when i saw this person in my dream once and actually met them in real life- and there was no possible way that i had known the person before because we lived in different places and had total different backgrounds- until the time we met- but it wasnt anyone majorly important- just some new person in class that i never knew- until i saw in my dream- then a while later when the person transfered to our school and i saw them- i realized it was the same dude- lol its a really weird feeling- and its weird how he was just some random person- that i dont even talk to much in class- not like it has something to do with destiny or what not...weird!!

#3 shiner

shiner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:02 AM

I think what the article says is true.

#4 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:44 PM

Hmmm…interesting. That reminds me, when I was really little I had the same nightmare every night. I used to hate going to sleep because that nightmare would certainly await me as soon as my eyes would close. It would usually be a struggle between a good mom and a bad mom. The bad mom would always capture the bad mom and I would go on a mission to rescue her, but the bad mom used to always make it so had on me and at times chase after me and she would never get me, apparently that dream was a series. I don’t remember when the final episode came, but I do remember that there was once a dream when the bad mom hid good mom inside of the radiator and she was crying, I think that night I ran to the our door in my sleep and kept on calling and crying for my mom. Well anyway just a useless piece of information I was compelled to share with you. I know, I know I guess it’s from too much time spent in the corner. unsure.gif

I don't know, if all of my dreams according to the article, were a window to myself I might need to check into an institution. blink.gif

#5 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:14 PM

Come on in dear. Sip, Movses and I are already there and it is not as bad as they make it sound. they do feed us 3 times a day and give us really cool psychedelic drugs.

-----

I do not see any dreams, or should say I never remember them. Maybe one or two per year if I am lucky

#6 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Mar 3 2004, 01:14 PM)
... they do feed us 3 times a day ...

Which would explain why I am in that institution with the likes of Moso and Zatik. tongue.gif

#7 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:35 PM

i like dreams where i'm being kissed by a sweet affectionate stranger or someone whose face i cannot see...i rarely rarely rarely have these!!!...but when i do...aaaawwwww nothing beats that sweet feeling i get upon waking in the morning smile.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#8 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:49 PM

yeah sometimes I see these weird dreams- and whenI wake up its almost liek ive seen a horror movie- its so funny, because sometimes I think if i actually write down these dreams, they can be made into movies and make millions of dollars-- serious though- like this dream i saw last night- I swear I can make a wholemovie out of it- serious!! I better go write it down before I forget- who knows- I might be the next R.L. Stein or Stephen King-- or the Armenian version Stephanuhi Tagavoryan wink.gif

#9 _Anka_

_Anka_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:22 AM

I harver see dreams and whnever I do they most likely dont' make any sense. I wish i knew a way to interpret my dreams whenevr I see them..........I also belive in the articly above.
ABout 3 weeks ago I saw this dream that me and someone that i was dating were going to a wedding reception of someone that he knew but I only remeber us dressed up and walking towards the door but I dont' reamemeber us going inside. WE just walked towards the door and the wedding was being held in some ARmenian restaurant in LA.....but the funny thing is that we did go to a wedding of somebody that eh knew long time ago in real life. do you guys think that my dream was just a reflection of what really happen or it meant something. ?

ABout few weeks ago my mom was dreaming where she saw a knife under the water (lake probably) and she told me to go and get the knife from the water. Later, I looked up the meaning of knife and it said that the knife means separation. I think that day or a day later I broke up with someone. Funny huh? smile.gif

Maybe I do have constant dreams but I can't remember them a lot of times....

#10 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (ExtraHye @ Mar 2 2004, 06:47 PM)
Do you agree with the quote above... If so, have you experienced dreams that have come true?

I have had dreams when they come true, i realize it and am able to even say the following speech of someone before they do.. once i muttered a couple sentences, and then my dad said the same exact things, and my bro was like what the hell??? lol.. and it used to happen often.. but not much anymore.. what we call em.. Dejavou<< i know thats not how its spelled smile.gif

There is also this traditionaly armenian thinking that if you see a dream near the morning, it doesnt come true, but if you see a dream early in the night, it will come true, or it really means something... strange how people have come up with that.. lol..

#11 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:48 PM

Everyone has problems.

#12 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 05 March 2004 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (hyebruin @ Mar 3 2004, 12:35 PM)
i like dreams where i'm being kissed by a sweet affectionate stranger or someone whose face i cannot see...i rarely rarely rarely have these!!!...but when i do...aaaawwwww nothing beats that sweet feeling i get upon waking in the morning smile.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Bruinchik, have you been dreaming about me again?

#13 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 10:47 PM

wow..i had a great dream last night... i was swimming in chocolate and running around biting everything around me that was made of candy... i think i watched willie wonka 2 many times last night... and maybe has t odo with withdrawal symptoms from candy and sweets... havent had any lately... lol rolleyes.gif

#14 gevo27

gevo27

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ Mar 5 2004, 10:47 PM)
wow..i had a great dream last night... i was swimming in chocolate and running around biting everything around me that was made of candy... i think i watched willie wonka 2 many times last night... and maybe has t odo with withdrawal symptoms from candy and sweets... havent had any lately... lol rolleyes.gif

dork jan.. lol.. that was funnny smile.gif tongue.gif

#15 CheekY

CheekY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 12:50 PM

i usually beat/kill people in my dreams
i wonder when that's gonna come true tongue.gif

but usually whatever i feel i see it in my dreams...always confused lol having nightmares...bats, insects, people dying, always about to fall etc.

and maybe it's a coincidence but some did come true in a way...

#16 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 02:06 PM

man weird dream...i used 2 have a crush on my best guy friend- from when we were friends like hmm...12 years old...and i havent seen him for more than a year- and i still see him in my dreams and im always running away from him and hes chasing me-- God....i dont even have feelings for this guy- i had totally forgotten about him-- then he shows up in my dreams-- and nightmares tongue.gif

#17 gevo27

gevo27

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ Mar 6 2004, 02:06 PM)
man weird dream...i used 2 have a crush on my best guy friend- from when we were friends like hmm...12 years old...and i havent seen him for more than a year- and i still see him in my dreams and im always running away from him and hes chasing me-- God....i dont even have feelings for this guy- i had totally forgotten about him-- then he shows up in my dreams-- and nightmares tongue.gif

nightmares?? thats sad..

#18 lucine91

lucine91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, biology, shopping.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

One time I saw this dream that the guy that I liked was kissing my hand and was saying sorry to me over and over, the next morning when I went to school I saw him with his girlfriend.(I didn't know he had a girlfriend). :jawdrop: :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users