Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 03:07 PM

www.armenianfood.com

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 03:58 PM

PIlafjan!!! You should know better than that, tempting us,. As soon as I got to the appetisers section it was too much for me and ran downstairs to make something. This is naughty.

Now there is no excuse for anyone in the hye forum saying they don't know armenian food or how to make it!

Oh yeah, do any of you know Lebanese food? We will go and visit a restuarant soon, but before then anyone care to say what it is like? and if it is nice or not?

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kazza:
Oh yeah, do any of you know Lebanese food?

There's a restaurant in Pasadena that serves Lebanese food (Pita Pita). We just get the chicken and luleh kebab there, so I don't know if that qualifies. Their food is excellent, though. Not sure if it's the Lebanese influence or just that restaurant.

They have these deep fried pita chips with a red chili dipping sauce that are yum-my.

One thing I find strange is they serve barbequed beans with everything. My wife thinks they're good, but I skip 'em because I can't get used to beans with my kebabs.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pilafhead:
restaurant in Pasadena

That's useful isn't it.

quote:

They have these deep fried pita chips with a red chili dipping sauce that are yum-my.

My absolute fave. with melted cheese. with jalapenos. And mince. And GUACAMOLE. Jan, what are you trying to do to me??!!??

One thing I find strange is they serve barbequed beans with everything.  My wife thinks they're good, but I skip 'em because I can't get used to beans with my kebabs.

Though I don't eat kebab, barbeque beans are NICE.

But Pilaf mabye it's just the restrarunt making it's own little versions and variations.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wacky Kazza:
That's useful isn't it.

Just extra detail to impress the judges.

quote:
Originally posted by Even Wackier Kazza:
Though I don't eat kebab...

Hey, who, WHAAAT?? You don't eat kebab?! That's the Armenian equivalent of being GAY!!! Are you a vegan? Kazza McCartney?

[This message has been edited by Pilafhead (edited December 12, 2000).]

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pilafhead:
Hey, who, WHAAAT?? You don't eat kebab?! That's the Armenian equivalent of being GAY!!! Are you a vegan? Kazza McCartney?

[This message has been edited by Pilafhead (edited December 12, 2000).]

Well it's gonna do me a lot of good stuck out all the way in Pasadena isnt it you div!

Ha ha, no. I'm not Kazza Mc Carney, vegan or gay. I just dont like it.

Anyway : drifting from the subject! Armenian and Lebanese food! Nice or not nice?

BTW: Armenian food has a hell of a LOOOT of greek influences and similarity (such as Dolma, dolmathas, houmous, need I go on?

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 09:37 PM

Lebanese food is delicious, try chicken shawerma, if you eat chicken. Also great is their variety of mezzes, appetizers. The best Lebanese restaurant in the world outside of Beirut is in Whittier, Zanoubias!

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2000 - 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Half Breed:
Lebanese food is delicious, [QUOTE]

I'm sure it is.
Everyone is talking about it and I want to see what the fuss is about before i try.
[QUOTE]
try chicken shawerma, if you eat chicken. Also great is their variety of mezzes, appetizers. [QUOTE]

Yes, I do. I really love appetisers, so the I'll like this. What are the appetisers like? (I know I'll get a proper answer from you,instead of Pilafhead, with his crazy BBQ beans!

[QUOTE]
The best Lebanese restaurant in the world outside of Beirut is in Whittier, Zanoubias!

You tell me where Zanoubias is, and I'll be there!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users