Em

Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Apr 30 2008, 01:47 PM)
SIP - let me see you be positive on this - two cases will be presented

1) you're somewhere and guy walks up to you and tries to flirt with, get your number and ask you out for a date - will you be positive about this?

2) you're going out with a "girl" eventually you find out it's a guy - how positive will you be about this?

Edited by Em, 01 May 2008 - 11:41 AM.

#42 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Apr 30 2008, 10:47 PM)
SIP - let me see you be positive on this - two cases will be presented

1) you're somewhere and guy walks up to you and tries to flirt with, get your number and ask you out for a date - will you be positive about this?

2) you're going out with a "girl" eventually you find out it's a guy - how positive will you be about this?

I'll take the liberty of answering to these questions, assuming we exchange gay for lesbian and girl for guy.

1) I would simply tell her that I'm not interested and hope that she will not pursue. I do the same with guys, so why should I treat girls differently?

2) I wouldn't be going out with him in the first place (no offense, but to me he's still a woman). I would assume that by the time I start taking my acquaintance with this guy to another level, he would have already had the decency to tell me, and if he didn't, then he deserves to be dumped anyway. That's a pretty damn big secret to keep from someone you want to have serious relationship with.

#43 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Apr 30 2008, 03:47 PM)

Ok for #1, it has happened and it has never really been a problem. Actually it's kind of nice to have someone hit on you as it rarely happens for regular guys biggrin.gif I will admit that I have actually gotten free stuff from gay cashiers or waiters like at fast food places (like free fries or coke) or restaurants and it really didn't bother me. I usually make it very clear right away that I am not gay so not to mislead anyone but after that, if they still feel like flirting, no complaints from me. Of course I have never been in a situation where things have gotten rude or obscene. I see it happen to girls all the time where some guys just get really annoying and just downright rude. That would bother me but typically I can be intimidating enough (5'11'' 270lb is not something people take 'lightly' tongue.gif) that it has not been a problem.

... hmmm or maybe I'm not attractive enough even to the gays? ohmy.gif

2. Going out with a girl? ohmy.gif You do realize I'm into computers and stuff right? biggrin.gif J/k ... #2 would REALLY suck if the "girl" had intentially been misleading about it. If it was a topic that just really never came up, then I wouldn't be as offended but if the persion intentionally tried very hard to avoid the topic or hide the fact, then I'd probably not be very happy about it.

Now if you are asking me if I am open to possibly being with someone that had sex change at some point in the past ... not sure. I think it passes my boobs-to-testicles ratio test but of course for a relationship to form, a lot more comes into play. So I don't know.

Edited by Sip, 30 April 2008 - 03:57 PM.

#44 StverDJ

StverDJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:01 AM

did this topic go completely off topic or am i slow? lol

#45 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

WHO THE HELL SAID THAT SAME SEX LOVE IS FORBIDDEN?
THE FACT THAT I LOVE MY FATHER, MY BROTHER AND MY SON, (all male, as I am), NOT TO MENTION MY EQUALLY MALE BEST FRIEND IS TANTAMOUNT TO HOMOSEXUALITY?
IS A MOTHER'S LOVE OF HER DAUGHTER AND VISA VERSA LESBIANISM?
WILL YOU GUYS CHILL OUT AND SEE THAT LOVE GOES ALL AND BOTH WAYS.
AND THOSE WHO CANNOT DISCERN THAT PROCREATIONAL LOVE IS MEANT FOR MEMBERS OF THE OPPOSITE SEX ARE THE EXCEPTION, NOT THE RULE.
WHY WOULD AHOMOSEXUAL THAT I KNOW WOULD HIRE HIS LESBIAN FRIEND TO CONCEIVE FOR HI, AND A LESBIAN COUPLE THAT I KNOW WOULD HIRE A SPERM DONOR TO COVEIVE? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? WHEN DID COCEPTION BECOME FOR HIRE?
IF THEY ARE FASCINNATED WITH PROCREATION, IF THEY WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE LOVE OF A SON AND A DAUGHTER IS, THEY SHOULD SEE HOW THE CREATOR CREATED THEM!!

Edited by Arpa, 01 May 2008 - 11:41 AM.

#46 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:45 PM

Arpa jan, our argument is not for the same sex love such as you describe in your first sentence, our argument and disgust is about the RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN SAME SEX "IN BED"... No one says anything against father loving son or son loving father,!!! biggrin.gif

#47 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ May 1 2008, 07:45 PM)
Arpa jan, our argument is not for the same sex love such as you describe in your first sentence, our argument and disgust is about the RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN SAME SEX "IN BED"... No one says anything against father loving son or son loving father,!!! biggrin.gif

Then, why are some of us CON -FUSING mia-tsunum fraternal and sisterly love with that of carnal. Confusing LOVE with CARNAL DESIRE?
Confusing the spiritual with physical?
Who ever said one cannot LOVE one's brother or sister?
Those who confuse paternal, fraternal, maternal and sisterly LOVE with CARNAL desire need to go back to the chief psychiatrist aka ,creator..

Edited by Arpa, 01 May 2008 - 01:43 PM.

#48 StverDJ

StverDJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

Arpa, I don't know where you got that idea from. I think all of us here love our family as much as you do. I love my brother and my father also but that is a different kind of love and it is in human nature to do so.

We are talking about love in a more intimate way (same sex in bed, couples, etc)

#49 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

Just to clarify: we are not talking about them nor we are discussing their issues, we are just expressing our disgust towards them, at least I am!!!

#50 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:15 PM

And why are you disgusted exactly?

#51 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

Nairi jan, I am too disgusted to even talk about it, so there is no way I will answer to your question... You want to explain why you wouldn't be disgusted talking about female+female in bed or male+male?

#52 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ May 1 2008, 11:35 PM)
Nairi jan, I am too disgusted to even talk about it, so there is no way I will answer to your question... You want to explain why you wouldn't be disgusted talking about female+female in bed or male+male?

I'll let you answer that question yourself whenever you're ready. And if you never are, then there is nothing I can say that will make you feel comfortable with the notion of homosexuality.

#53 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Apr 30 2008, 02:00 PM)
Ani jan - after carefully reading post number 31, 32, and 37 - I can certainly say you are the one mentioning the MEN part!!! solly!!!

Ashot...Solly!!!#32 is not my post... tongue.gif There is no way you can be cetain... tongue.gif

Edited by Ani, 01 May 2008 - 06:36 PM.

#54 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

Perhaps we should first make a thread about why sex (heterosexual) doesn't just have to be restricted to bed tongue.gif

#55 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Apr 30 2008, 02:55 PM)
2. Going out with a girl? ohmy.gif You do realize I'm into computers and stuff right? biggrin.gif J/k ... #2 would REALLY suck if the "girl" had intentially been misleading about it. If it was a topic that just really never came up, then I wouldn't be as offended but if the persion intentionally tried very hard to avoid the topic or hide the fact, then I'd probably not be very happy about it.

biggrin.gif

#56 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ May 2 2008, 04:22 AM)
Perhaps we should first make a thread about why sex (heterosexual) doesn't just have to be restricted to bed tongue.gif

Indeed, one could also do it from behind the computer. tongue.gif

#57 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Harut @ May 1 2008, 08:27 PM)
biggrin.gif

Wow. Thats got to suck.

#58 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:56 PM

What? and no more Phone sex?

#59 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Apr 30 2008, 03:52 AM)
WHERE IS UNCLE HAGARAG WHEN WE NEED HIM?

With his nose in a book. It is finals week

#60 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ Apr 29 2008, 09:55 PM)
By the way, one thing I REALLY hate about any such discussion is the wording in how a lot of people describe things as "advocating homosexuality". I have NEVER met a Gay that has advocated homosexuality. Pretty much all of them advocate "acceptance" of homosexuality. Once it is ACCEPTED, then it really becomes a choice.

That's the problem - the inevitable confusion surrounding the words "acceptance" and "tolerance."

Acceptance is thrown around in a talismanic fashion as if it's the same thing as tolerance.

I tolerate the homosexual's right to exist and be a homosexual. I do not, however, accept his lifestyle as proper. It's presumed that unless we accept homosexuality we are not tolerant of homosexuality. However, there is a blurring effect prevalent in that line of reasoning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users