#1 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 07:39 AM

A topic to discuss...

Should women drive cars???

What kind of an idiot will proudly allow his wife to drive a car... i don't understand...

#2 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:a little bit of everything.

Posted 03 October 2001 - 07:42 AM

What don't you understand?
I drive. Of course women can and should drive cars.

#3 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 09:01 AM

A husband who doesn't care about his family will allow a woman drive.

What if something happens to her wife? Then what will he do alone with kids... I had this russian guy whose wife died in car accident after driving a car for more than one month. Now whom to blame? Only him for being an idiot and having a 7 year old son and allowing his wife drive.

Husbands are there to drive a car for wife to go to a supermarket or bazaar. At least there are taxis everywhere...

#4 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 09:15 AM

Bleah.
What happens if the man dies in a car accident? What is the mother going to do alone with the kids (who will do the groceries?)? Now whom to blame? It is her fault for allowing the husband to drive - she is such an idiot! Couldn't he just have taken the cab (they are there everywhere) or ridden the bike (cheap mode of transport - and work-out, too)? Such lame man (and woman)...

#5 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 12:41 PM

Man's duty is to sacrafice himslef for the sake of the family. And man's duty is to work and take care of the family, wereas woman's duty is to take care of the children. Do you get the idea?

And what is this, she allowed a husband to drive? Man is the host in the family, and he decides and he takes care of the financial aspect of the family, and thats why it doesn't go the oposite way, and it will never go the opposite way in normal families...

I have many kazakh and russian friends who let their wives or even daghters(!) drive. And it is not because they are busy working or whatsoever it is like a show off thing... like its cool to have a wife who is driving some top class car. hehe

By the way Rose (whats your actual name?) are you married or do you have a father or brother?

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: Artur ]

#6 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:genocide recognition

Posted 03 October 2001 - 01:04 PM

Artur,
What kind of narrow-minded Hyastansi garbage are you dishing out here? Women should have the same rights as men to drive and earn a living for the family. You think similar to the Taliban!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 01:28 PM

And what kind of typical american westernised satanic and anti christian garbage are you defending here???

And what is this about talibans??? In which part of my post i discuss like talibans? Ooops, sorry, you have never read the bible have you? Well, lesson no. 1 for you:

To the woman HE (GOD) said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

Wait i have a question,

Are all armenians in the US have an american mentality or what???

Moreover, i think i've discussed the topic of equality between man and woman, i dont think that we should go back there...

#8 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 01:35 PM

I have not only read the Bible but have read many versions of the Bible. I have also read the earliest version of the Bible found buried in a sealed-off room in Saint Catherine's Monastery in the Sinai.

That which is not the traditional view is satanic to those who are living in the dark. The ugly truth is that the primary disciple of Christ was a woman and was held by Jesus to be the most enlightened of all his disciples.

#9 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 01:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by khodja:
The ugly truth is that the primary disciple of Christ was a woman and was held by Jesus to be the most enlightened of all his disciples.

What is your point here?

And about bible, what was the point of reading it, if you don't believe in what is said in there?
Your phrase: That which is not the traditional view is satanic to those who are living in the dark

What a nonsence ))... This is how you find out whatis satanic: Look at american society in general, then try to compare to the laws and rules which are written in bible. And the most funniest thing will come up: everything will be opposite to the laws of bible. Just try... and if something is opposite to the laws of HOLY bible then it would be regarded as satanic, wouldn't it?...

#10 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 02:11 PM

The "holy" Bible was compiled in the third century. Many important chapters, written by disciples, were discarded. It was designed to reflect the views of those in power in the Church at the time. The Desponsyi, blood relatives of Jesus, were not consulted and were banished from the Church hierarchy.

#11 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 03 October 2001 - 03:30 PM

Artur,
Remember few days ago you talked about your Afghan friend who felt that women should not get an education and you did bring up an example of the woman doctor...

What is the difference?

Oh ya, and where in the bible does it say that you and I can drive cars?

You need help my friend. You need to be leaving the 18th century where you live in and slowly move on forward. 19th Century will have many interesting surprises for you.

Azat

#12 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 04:01 PM

I don't understand why you all get paranoid when there are issues in which women shouldn't do some things... what's wrong with it... there some things women shouldn't do, but man can, and VICE VERSA ...

Azat you call it moving forward... funny... so you are like civilised people... civilised in what way? tell me what is civilisation in your eyes... being immoral, adopting disgusting lifestyle... oh, please, don't tell me that nowadays society is more moral and pure than 200 years back, lets say in Armenia.

And bout bible, no it doesn't say about cars, but it says that man should take care of his family, and he should be a host, and the last word is to be his word.

Azat, what is the connection between afghani friend post and women driving cars... i think you just misunderstood.

But I'll make my point again. Women shouldn't be allowed to drive ONLY for safety reason, and it is nothing about disrespect. Don't get paranoid again...

And for khodja, you moved to another topic... No comments...

#13 dragon

dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 08:17 PM

Driving a car is a neccessity for women on these days. But what comes for safety, you all know better than me, that men make more accidents than women, not the ''boum-boum'' chit-chat accidents, the dangerous, deadly ones

#14 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Artur:
Man's duty is to sacrafice himslef for the sake of the family. And man's duty is to work and take care of the family, wereas woman's duty is to take care of the children. Do you get the idea?

No, I reject it. It is the woman's duty to work for the family while the man cooks, sweeps, drops the children off to school, etc.

And what is this, she allowed a husband to drive? Man is the host in the family, and he decides and he takes care of the financial aspect of the family, and thats why it doesn't go the oposite way, and it will never go the opposite way in normal families...

I come from a normal family - you come from a conservative and conventional family. Nobody in my household, male or female, tells the other what to do. Decisions are made together. I reject the idea of patrimony where the guys are to rule just becuase they are born with something different between their legs. It's like a military dictatorship; nobody has elected you. The only difference is that the dictator may have some qualifications; the husband doesn't always.

I have many kazakh and russian friends who let their wives or even daghters(!) drive. And it is not because they are busy working or whatsoever it is like a show off thing... like its cool to have a wife who is driving some top class car. hehe

I forgot - were you Armenian or Saudi?
Well, my family allows me to use a computer, too. And it's not like I need it desperately for work. It's mostly for school and some fun.

quote:
By the way Rose (whats your actual name?) are you married or do you have a father or brother?

I am 21 years old and not married. I have a father, one brother, a boyfriend (several - LOL), and my name is Filiz, but you can call me Thorny.

quote:
Originally posted by khodja:
Artur,
What kind of narrow-minded Hyastansi garbage are you dishing out here? Women should have the same rights as men to drive and earn a living for the family. You think similar to the Taliban!!!!!!!!!!

Make that "Islamic fundamentalists in general."

quote:
And what kind of typical american westernised satanic and anti christian garbage are you defending here???

Freedom for all - including the right to choose to marry a conservative dweeb like you. No forcing one ideology on another person, etc. Not everybody is a Christian like you to agree that these concepts are Satanic.

quote:
And what is this about talibans??? In which part of my post i discuss like talibans? Ooops, sorry, you have never read the bible have you? Well, lesson no. 1 for you:

To the woman HE (GOD) said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

How cave-manly!

quote:
Wait i have a question,

Are all armenians in the US have an american mentality or what???

From what I have seen, yeah - except for Tiggy III.

Moreover, i think i've discussed the topic of equality between man and woman, i dont think that we should go back there...

So summarize it for those who have missed it (actually, no need to - it is quite obvious)... Or post the url to the topic so we can read what you wrote.

quote:

What is your point here?

And about bible, what was the point of reading it, if you don't believe in what is said in there?
Your phrase: That which is not the traditional view is satanic to those who are living in the dark

What a nonsence

Ditto.

#15 dragon

dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 10:22 PM

Vartanoush???
You said someting???

Koulahum gevshemish eyi duymiyorum artuk Kousouruma bakmayiz

#16 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 10:28 PM

I said a lot of things...

#17 dragon

dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 10:42 PM

That was yesterday darling

#18 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 03 October 2001 - 10:59 PM

The Christian fundamentalists and the Moslem fundamentalists have a lot in common. They both want women to be subservient to their husbands and they want a rigid society where having enjoyment is a sin. No singing, no dancing, etc. unless under the auspices of a religious leader.

#19 dragon

dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 October 2001 - 11:04 AM

Is your surname Talibanian???

#20 dragon

dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts