• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gayane

Gayane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 08:39 AM

I've been getting all kinds of slanderous, insulting (and really quite unpleasant) emails lately. It'd be amusing if it wasn't so painful. Is there any way to find out who's sending them? (all I have is an email address they come from) All you computer people out there, please help me!!!

p.s. it's interesting: all this time I've tried to live my life so as not to hurt anyone and do everything with dignity (I can be accused of everything except being a "bad person", I've made sure of that), and yet all I've gotten in return has been envy, hypocrisy, venom and spite from people. A perfect example of "life's not fair", I suppose. Oh well...(sorry, had to vent)

I need help on this one...any leads whatsoever will be appreciated.

Gayane

#2 edg

edg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Little bit of everything

Posted 02 May 2001 - 09:00 AM

Gayane jan, bani tegh mi dir. I imagine how upsetting it is. Whoever is doing it is a gutless punk. I don't know how you can track that person. It is very easy to set up a fake email address (fake personal info that is). Have a good day.

#3 Gayane

Gayane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 09:17 AM

images/smiles/converted/icon_smile.gif

#4 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 09:37 AM

Gayane forward one or two original emails to my mailbox.

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,252 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 10:38 AM

GAyanchik jan barev
mi hat ir tan hasttsen tur indz gnam surj xmelu irants tun .

GAyanchik yete kartsum es Forumi het kapvats hartsa xndrem , yete djvar chi qez hamar, urarki mez tesnenk inch hashiva .
HArganknerov Movses

#6 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 02 May 2001 - 11:45 PM

Gayane,
You can check out the header information and see if the email address associated with the email is actually the real eamil that they sent the email from. It is super easy to fake an email address.

Tell me what email app you use and I can try to help you find who is sending them. If you forward them to me, it most likey will lose the header stuff.

Feel free to email me at aaslanyan@hotmail.com
Azat

#7 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 11:46 PM

Just an fyi. sometimes you just can't do much about it. You can create a filter that deletes those emails, but even that is not 100% effective.

Azat

#8 Pilafhead

Pilafhead

Music Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:Music, Family, Music, Food, Music, Beer, Music

Posted 02 May 2001 - 01:45 PM

Send the guy our way and we'll kick his ass for ya!!!

If you can't trace or filter them out, just get a new e-mail address and keep it private.

#9 Gayane

Gayane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2001 - 07:00 AM

Thanks, guys

Movses, der hamozvats chem vor forumi het kap uni, chem uzum forumi vra kaskats netel.

Garik, I'll forward you one of them (I can only imagine why you'd want it )

Mikey, I understand your point about a new email address, but that's not how I function. I don't run when something unpleasant happens. I've had that email address through all kinds of unpleasant things online for the past 4 years and I'm not about to drop everything and run because of some anonymous cowardly scumbag. (I think I'd take all of this better if they were to tell me who the hell they are).

Azat, let me know what info you need. I have a yahoo account (if that's what you were asking for)

Thanks a bunch, gentlemen

#10 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 03 May 2001 - 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:
Thanks, guys
Garik, I'll forward you one of them (I can only imagine why you'd want it )

Please attach a copy of your imagination as well. It may be usefull.

#11 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 03 May 2001 - 10:23 AM

Gayane, do you use a webbrowser to read your Yahoo mail or do you get them via a pop account.

#12 Gayane

Gayane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2001 - 06:38 PM

Garik, eli amen inche katakies veratsum, txa jan...lol

Azat, not sure what all that means (I know, I know, I'm technologically challenged ). I use netzero as my connection, and explorer or netscape to do anything online. I imagine this is what you were asking!

#13 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2001 - 02:22 PM

Gayane, believe me it's not a big deal, you just block them and ignore, most of the time, they are just stupid jockers.

I have recieved in the past death threats, never took them serious just blocking the senders, deleting the posts, some times idiots use anonymisers, this become more threatning, but nothing dangerious. When they start with telephon calls then I my case it was understandable, it was linked to my apparitions in Turkish forums and never leaving them alone So I guess some started to be angry.

But still in your case the sender didn't used an anonymser, when they got there, then it start to be a little... then you change your mail...

Have you don something in a board etc... that could have started this thing ? I guess Garo will track the IP adress, and may contact the provider of the email adress. The guy may have some surprises ehe...

Never tryied to answer him with some computer viruses Or maybe Trojans... ?

[ May 22, 2001: Message edited by: Domino ]

#14 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2001 - 02:29 PM

Ah, and what kind of email adress is it ? An online one like hotmail etc... or a POP adress opened with Outlook etc... ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users