#161 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

Չկա քիզի նման, չկա քիզի նման - Լևոն Արոնյան!!!

FIDE backs Levon Aronian: London to host World Championship Candidates Tournament

When Azerbaijan submitted an official proposal to host World Championship Candidates Tournament, Armenian GM Levon Aronian sent a letter to FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov informing he would never play in Baku.

“Sport Express” informs FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov has declared World Championship Candidates Tournament will be held in London from October 23-November 13.

The line-up for 2013-2014 tournament is as follows: Magnus Carlsen (Norway), Levon Aronian (Armenia), Vladimir Kramnik, Peter Svidler, Alexander Grischuk (Russia), Vasyl Ivanchuk (Ukraine), Teimour Radjabov (Azerbaijan) and loser of Viswanathan Anand (India) - Boris Gelfand (Israel) game at World Chess Championship to be held in May 2012.

Attached File  g_image.php.jpg   27.57KB   1 downloads

Edited by Ashot, 10 February 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#162 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

ARMENIAN GRAND MASTER BECOMES CHAMPION IN MOSCOW BLITZ CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP

ARMENPRESS
17 September, 2012
YEREVAN

YEREVAN, SEPTEMBER 17, ARMENPRESS: The Armenian chess player living
in Russia, Grand Master Karine Hambardzumova earned 14 out of 19
possible points and won the title of the Moscow champion in blitz
chess tournament. Armenpress was reported about it by the Armenian
Chess Federation.

Hambardzumova is one of the most promising chess players in Russia
and this was not the first time she achieved success in international
chess tournaments.

Armenian Grand Master Sergey Kasparov, representing Belarus,
scored 4.5 out of 6 possible points and shared the 3-10 places at
the international chess tournament, which took place in Roosendaal,
Netherlands.

Kasparov surrendered to the winner of the tournament, the Grand Master
representing the Netherlands, Sergey Tivyakov with half a point.

#163 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

Armenian grandmaster Tigran Petrosyan winner at Miguel Najdorf International Chess Festival

Armenian grandmaster Tigran Petrosyan has won the first place at the Miguel Najdorf International Chess Festival in Warsaw, Poland.

He scored 6.5 of 9 points.

Another Armenian grandmaster Hrant Melkumyan scored 5.5 points and ranked 17th.

• Yervant1 likes this

#164 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

Shout Out: Aren Emrikian, kid chess champion

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/wilmette/lifestyles/ct-wml-shout-out-tl-0914-20170907-story.html

563x1000

Aren Emrikian won't celebrate his 8th birthday until January, but the son of Wilmette couple Ani and Armen Emrikian can already claim a monumental accomplishment. Last month, he won the World Chess Federation's Cadet Championship gold medal for male players younger than 8. His victory came after 11 rounds of play in the Brazilian city of Pocos de Caldas. With mom Ani Emrikian looking on, he spoke with Pioneer Press Sept. 6.

Q: When did you first play chess, and who taught you?

A: My mom taught me. I'm not sure when my first game was, it was such a long time ago, maybe two years ago. I think my mom wanted me to be exceptional and she thought it was a good logic game.

Q: What do you like about chess?

A: There's nothing not to like. And it's fun if you play correctly, and you don't cheat. I think the best part is the learning and the logic you have to use.

Q: How do you train?

A: I practice every week with my coach (Glenview resident Mesgen Amanov) for one hour and 30 minutes. He goes over openings, puzzles and game analysis.

Q: What kind of player are you?

A: I'm usually an offensive player. I can think four or five moves ahead if I try hard … I'm not so good at defense. When I play defense, I crash out in a horrible way ... I have to be calm.

Q: Do you play chess with anyone in your family?

A: No. My mom's not good at all! I sometimes play with my dad, if I give away my queen (play with fewer pieces than his opponent).

Q: How did you feel about going to Brazil, and about winning the championship?

A: I was excited to go, but I was excited in a good and bad way because I was nervous. I didn't expect to win, not at all.

Q: What do you like to do besides play chess?

A: I like reading. I like the Harry Potter books and movies, and I've read every single Percy Jackson book. I like pizza a lot, plain cheese with nothing on it, and I like sushi.

Shout Out is a weekly feature in which we get to know and introduce our readers to their fellow community members and local visitors throughout suburban Chicago. Check out more online at ChicagoTribune.com/ShoutOut.

• Yervant1 likes this

#165 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

World Chess Cup: Armenia's Levon Aronian beats Vassily Ivanchuk
World Chess Cup: Armenia's Levon Aronian beats Vassily Ivanchuk
September 15, 2017 - 18:16 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenian grandmaster Levon Aronian defeated Vassily Ivanchuk from Ukraine in the first game of the World Chess Cup quarter-finals, currently underway in Tbilisi, Georgia on Thursday, September 15.

The second game of the 1/4 elimination round is scheduled for Saturday.

World champion Magnus Carlsen, Hikaru Nakamura and Vladimir Kramnik have already been left out of the tournament.

#166 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:27 AM

https://armsport.am/...Gzd4x1b9f17II5o

f5db42eca267bb_5db42eca267f9.thumb_.jpg

Հայաստանի հավաքականը հաղթեց Ադրբեջանին

#167 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:10 PM

https://www.panorama...ionship/2810129

f641ab74ec9993_641ab74ec99d6.thumb.jpg

European Chess Championship: Armenia's Lilit Mkrtchian beats Azeri opponent in 4th round
The fourth round of the 23rd European Women Chess Championship was played on Tuesday.

Armenian players Lilit Mkrtchian, Elina Danielian and Anna Sargsyan celebrated victories in the 4th round.

Mkrtchian defeated her Azerbaijani opponent Gunay Mammadzada to score 3.5/4 points.

The games of Mariam Mkrtchyan and Susanna Gaboyan ended in a draw, the Armenian Chess Federation said.

Lilit Mkrtchian and Elina Danielian are in the 4th and 7th places, respectively.

The European Women Chess Championship is taking place at the Hotel Palas in Petrovac, Montenegro, on March 17-30. The event features 136 players from 34 federations.

• Yervant1 likes this

#168 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:12 PM

https://www.panorama...ionship/2810542

f641bfcacc5448_641bfcacc5489.thumb.jpg

European Chess Championship: Two players from Armenia win in 5th round
The fifth round of the 23rd European Women Chess Championship was played on Wednesday.

Armenia’s Mariam Mkrtchyan and Polina Kobak celebrated victories, the Armenian Chess Federation said.

The games of Elina Danielian, Lilit Mkrtchian and Anna Sargsyan ended in a draw.

Lilit Mkrtchian and Elina Danielian scored 4 points out of 5.

• Yervant1 likes this

#169 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 04:40 PM

Levon Aronian emerged victorious at the 2024 edition of the American Cup after beating Wesley So in the final.

6bd8407bf6d5ceee8602e3fad4c3511f.jpg

Levon Aronian emerged victorious at the 2024 edition of the American Cup after beating Wesley So in the final.

After three draws in two classical and one rapid game in the open section, it all came down to the last rapid game in which Wesley So had white. Levon grabbed the initiative in a sharp line of the Nimzo-Indian, but Wesley defended well and reached equality only to make an inexplicable blunder on the move 34.

5e71fb1cd9bbae314d9b530eec0af693.jpg

After the natural 34. Kf2 White could have held things together. Wesley, however, played 34. Qc5+?? but after 34…Rd6! 35. Rh5 Qxd2 36. Rxh3 b6 Levon won the game and clinched the title.

Coming into the final day of the competition with a one-point lead, Alice Lee needed to win one of the games as the player from the Elimination bracket. Irina Krush engineered a dangerous activity with her knights on the black side of Benoni but missed a hidden opportunity to increase pressure and allowed White to maintain balance.

https://fide.com/new...xwnjpqsiglGSA-4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users