Conflict between Greeks and Armenians in Israel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dynaman

Dynaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Shooting, Electronics Engineering, Koi Collecting, Welding, and especially playing music. Rock guitarist 30 yrs. + now. Ouch!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

I am not sure If I should be ashamed or proud as to the arguing/fighting between the Greeks and Armenians at the Holy Sepulchre. Can someone explain what is happening? Mother says the Greeks keep inching up on our portion slowly taking it over. The News says that the Greeks run the joint. Explanations welcome.

Aram ohmy.gif

#2 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

Your mother's explanation seems to be right. The Greeks keep braking the status quo.

#3 AK-47

AK-47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:Armenian history, music, sports, politics...the usual stuff.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

Yeah. One of our men couldn't take it anymore and manhandled the Greek guy out of the area where he had overstayed his visit. Then all hell broke loose and 2 Armenians got arrested. Scores of our guys then protested outside police demanding for their release.

#4 Dynaman

Dynaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Shooting, Electronics Engineering, Koi Collecting, Welding, and especially playing music. Rock guitarist 30 yrs. + now. Ouch!

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

Hmm... Well, just to be fair, If I were to ask the greeks side of the story, what would they say??? We run the place?

#5 Դրօ

Դրօ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

It seems that the Greeks still have that Byzantine Empire mentality, thinking that they're the centre of the world. They also probably still think that all non-Greeks are "savages".

#6 gorgona

gorgona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (Դրօ @ Apr 22 2009, 05:16 PM)
It seems that the Greeks still have that Byzantine Empire mentality, thinking that they're the centre of the world. They also probably still think that all non-Greeks are "savages".

It looks like you are jealous, but I think it’s more accurate to say you have an inferiority complex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users