Photo

Do you believe in God?

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you believe in God?

Believe/disbelief ratio

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

Yervant I am guessing this one would not be the case!!!

Avo jan, anshusht aper, well get to the bottom of the question!!!

Zartonk - what did he say doc what did he say?

#22 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Mar 6 2008, 02:20 PM)
Yervant I am guessing this one would not be the case!!!

I hope so Ashot Jan but at the same time it shouldn't turn into a joke because this issue is a personal issue and every person is entitled to their opinion regarding God and his/her existance.

#23 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

He said I don't believe you people... smile.gif

#24 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Vera @ Mar 6 2008, 01:01 PM)
No. Natural means "within the laws of nature"...

What does it mean "laws of nature"? Does that mean within the realm in which we can perceive existence?

#25 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

oh no unsure.gif not again.

#26 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Mar 5 2008, 11:35 PM)
Zara jan, I think your choice would be the third one!!!

Actually, I just kind of choose not to think about it because I know that I will never know the answer. It's more like being agnostic than atheist. Life's too short to waste and fret over unsolvable things.

#27 Vera

Vera

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Armenia, Armenian politics, culture, music

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Mar 6 2008, 04:49 PM)
What does it mean "laws of nature"? Does that mean within the realm in which we can perceive existence?

Yes

#28 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:58 PM

Creation is a testament to the existence of God.

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

• onjig likes this

#29 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:08 AM

What is testament to creation?

#30 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Vera @ Mar 6 2008, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (Sip @ Mar 6 2008, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (Vera @ Mar 6 2008, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (Sip @ Mar 6 2008, 02:53 AM)
how can God be "super-natural?" If God exists, isn't He natural? smile.gif

No. Natural means "within the laws of nature"...

Yes

Ok so after all this exchange, based on your answers, we have established that God is not natural which means God is not within the realm in which we can perceive existence.

If God doesn't exist within the realm in which we can perceive existence, then how can you possibly say He exists?

#31 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:34 AM

If God is the creator, then who is the creator of God, and who is the creator of that creator, ad infinitum?

I'm not afraid to say that God does not exist, and if he does, then he should accept skepticism and forgive non-believers at the gates of heaven, if there is such a thing.

#32 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:42 AM

Nairi jan, your are one careful girl!!! wink.gif

#33 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (nairi @ Mar 31 2008, 04:34 AM)
If God is the creator, then who is the creator of God, and who is the creator of that creator, ad infinitum?

The other side of the question is: where did all of this stuff come from? Planets, stars, space, molecules, atoms, and what not. What's their origin and how was that origin created or formed?

Edited by Zara, 31 March 2008 - 11:41 AM.

#34 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:54 AM

Nairi, I forgive you.

#35 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Zara @ Mar 31 2008, 09:37 PM)
The other side of the question is: where did all of this stuff come from? Planets, stars, space, molecules, atoms, and what not. What's their origin and how was that origin created or formed?

Need.
«Աստուած մարդը ստեղծեց իր պատկերով», այլ խօսքով՝ Աստուած մեր մէջն է, կամ՝ մենք ունենք Աստուածային եւ կենդանական բնոյթ: Երկուսն էլ կազմում են մեր ինքնութիւնը:
Աստուծոյ ինչ լինելը ամեն ոք խմբագրած է, ըստ իր աշխարհայեցողութեան: Աստուածն այն է, որ չէր կարող չլինել:
Առանց փիլիսոփայելու չի կարելի գրել՝ անտեսանելիի, անշօշափելիի, սակայն ստոյգ զգալիի մասին:

Edited by Johannes, 31 March 2008 - 12:39 PM.

#36 Em

Em

Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

Every day God presents himself to me in various ways. I have never doubted his existance. I just know that men from antiquity have "edited" him/her/it to fit their ideals. I believe God is bigger and mre important than any church, or Pope or dogma.

I have my spirituality and my faith in my God. I do not follow what others dictate. Because when I pray and my prayers are answered, or during my conversations with him, there are no conditions, restrictions or rules. It is a very pure exchange.

And what I believe, feel and experience in relation to my God, no man can negate, trivialize or mock me for. I am too inteligent for that. wink.gif
  • onjig likes this

#37 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Johannes @ Mar 31 2008, 01:29 PM)
«Աստուած մարդը ստեղծեց իր պատկերով»

It all depends where the 'comma' goes biggrin.gif ... thousands of years of bickering and fighting over this one little comma.

#38 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

Ինչո՞ւ է հիասթափումը Աստծուց: Արդարութեան չգոյութիւն՞ը: Ուրեմն՝ հիասթափուենք նրանից, ով մեզ ասել է, թէ Աստուածն է պատասխանատու երկրի վրայ շարժող իւրաքանչիւր տերեւից:
Հիասթափուենք նրանցից, ովքեր խմբագրել են Աստուծոյ էութիւնը:

Edited by Johannes, 31 March 2008 - 12:52 PM.

• onjig likes this

#39 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Em124 @ Mar 31 2008, 01:43 PM)
... Because when I pray and my prayers are answered, or during my conversations with him, there are no conditions, restrictions or rules. It is a very pure exchange.

Would you ever do this to your kid over this belief? Or did these people not pray hard enough? Or did God want this to happen? huh.gif

#40 Em

Em

Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Mar 31 2008, 10:46 AM)
Would you ever do this to your kid over this belief? Or did these people not pray hard enough? Or did God want this to happen? huh.gif

Come on Sip. We aren't going there are we? Of course medical interventon should have been sought. Of course I think that the Jehova's Witnesses are crazy for not allowing blood transfusions, artificial resuscitation, etc. Who said that the use of medicine goes against God?

I can see the stupidity of their actions just as you can. But a few religious fanatics have no bearing on spirituality or faith as a whole.

And regarding prayer, you dont' pray to always get things your wasy- as you see fit. You pray for the strenght and courage to accept the things that are going to happen. Like death of a child. Because it is not for us to understand all of God's plans. It is for us to have faith and believe that it is al for a greater good.

Believe me I was a non-believer for a few seconds too. But that was the scariest time of my life. It was not natural for me. I guess I would rather follow my truth and be viewed as a fool by some than be untrue to myself just so I can follow popular convention. smile.gif

To each his own. May I have my faith without you judging me to be inferior or less intelligent than you?
  • onjig likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users