• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#1 CheekY

CheekY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 10:51 AM

why do so many armenian men(especially hayastantsis) like to control their women?? (too much pressure!) and some women obey them like slaves... i don't get it! :unsure: do they do that to avoid a beating or do they "love and respect" their husbands/bfs too much? or is it the wife/gf's duty to shutup and obey like some animal?

Edited by MosJan, 09 September 2004 - 12:28 PM.

#2 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 11:01 AM

why do so many armenian men(especially hayastantsis) like to control their women?? (too much pressure!) and some women obey them like slaves... i don't get it! :unsure: do they do that to avoid a beating or do they "love and respect" their husbands/bfs too much? or is it the wife/gf's duty to shutup and obey like some animal?

I'd say to each their own, but then there's the element of society pressuring, too. Yeah, what is so special about men, "rulers of the household" - just because they can get blood displacement?

#3 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 07 November 2003 - 11:11 AM

I think it has a lot to do with the way they were broth up.

#4 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 07 November 2003 - 11:12 AM

Skittles, it may seem outwardly that men control women, but in most cases it is the opposite but is often invisible. While men you are talking about are straightforward for their control and do not hide, women trade pleasure with control, kind of trick men into controlled relationship.

#5 CheekY

CheekY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 11:22 AM

they don't respect but expect to be respected...
wife=baby making, cooking, cleaning machine
some marry the girl for her looks and her "hamestutyun" then try to change her

#6 KavorKin99

KavorKin99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 11:37 AM

I dont think it's really the control thing..some women like it because they like their men strict you know lol but i mean if women like they dont like it they can always find another guy..like my husband his the controlling type maybe because im young im 19 and he's 24 so like maybe because im young lol

#7 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 07 November 2003 - 11:40 AM

they don't respect but expect to be respected...
wife=baby making, cooking, cleaning machine
some marry the girl for her looks and her "hamestutyun" then try to change her

If you are talking about women in Armenia they do get a lot of special respect along with doing housework. Its a cultural thing, there is not right or wrong. Women are certainly not slaves of men in Armenia, I never heard them complaining about being controlled or such. Well, there are always deviations from the general culture...

#8 KavorKin99

KavorKin99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 11:46 AM

whatever floats persons boat...hehe

#9 CheekY

CheekY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 12:02 PM

well maybe they hate it but are scared to admit it...
i've seen and heard about those things so much...i know there are nice guys but there are also lots of abusive ones whose wives are too scared to speak up... or they think that it's their "destiny" or whatever and cope.
maybe the new generation isn't like that...i don't know...am i too pessimistic?

kavorkin i think that when the guy is too strict it's because he doesn't trust the girl much... i've even heard some people say you should keep the woman on a leash or something like that... i think it's mostly the men who need the leash! :rolleyes:

#10 KavorKin99

KavorKin99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 12:04 PM

ya skittles (cute kitty) lol i mean like i dont think my husband dosent trust me it cn be a jealous thing u know like i stopped making guy friends because my husband didnt like that ya know it's weird but lol oh weel ya know

#11 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 07 November 2003 - 12:28 PM

K99 - if he trusted you then why should it matter who you make friends with.

#12 KavorKin99

KavorKin99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 12:30 PM

THOTH he does..it's a jealous thing u know i dont know how to explain it but i mean he does trust me u know or he wouldnt of married me u get it or did i confuse u lol :smoke: :oops: :kiss1: thanks muahz

#13 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 07 November 2003 - 10:08 PM

skittles shouldn't your question be "Why do Armenian women allow Armenian men to control them?"

Because I see those same Armenian men with foreign women and you would think that they all are pussycats.

#14 CheekY

CheekY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 03:56 AM

skittles shouldn't your question be "Why do Armenian women allow Armenian men to control them?"

Because I see those same Armenian men with foreign women and you would think that they all are pussycats.

hehe makes more sense

#15 CheekY

CheekY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 04:56 AM

well maybe they know that foreign (hot)women will leave them if they try to control them so that’s why they act like pussycats? and they think that Armenian women are “hamest” and respect their men no matter what…
anyway i think if someone hurts you (both physically and emotionally) and doesn't let you live a normal life it’s better to dump them! ;)

#16 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:17 AM

AMAN... Life is too short to waste it with a person who "hurts" you

#17 -=VAHE=-

-=VAHE=-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 01:05 AM

Dont mistake those men that so called control their women and say that they hurt their women. Hurting a woman is different than what they do. I think its Cultural.

#18 KavorKin99

KavorKin99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:52 PM

ya vahe i agree with u

#19 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 18 November 2003 - 03:12 PM

Vahe, I'm sure your a great guy, but I disagree with your opinion on this subject. What's so cultural about male adults controlling there female adult significant others? Don't you think she has the intelligence to make her own dissections...

#20 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 03:20 PM

What's so cultural about male adults controlling there female adult significant others?  Don't you think she has the intelligence to make her own dissections...

It is very cultural at times. Next time pay close attention to the what the derder is saying in a traditional armenian church wedding. You'll soon realize that the words used for the female and the male are often different.

Even some of the english versions contain references to "honor and obey" for the woman and "to have and to hold" for the male. If I were the girl in a situation like this, I'd say HELL NO... I don't.

I see it everywhere ... it's in the heart and sole of the traditional Armenian culture (not just Armenians of course) for the woman to be controlled and basically be the husband's pet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users