• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:59 PM

I noticed lately... women are so darn bitter! They walk around with dissatisfied facial expressions, they harp on everyone, snap at people every chance they get and are huge on getting into ridiculous jealousy feuds. Is it just me, or has it become increasingly worse in general? What is going on? Why?

Disclaimer: This post doesn't necessarily exclude men from many of their flaws, just for the time being it is specifically about women.

#2 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:21 PM

OH MY GOD!!!

Do I have stories to tell but I cant on open forum. And believe me I am not perfect by any means but there is one woman I know who will drive the Dali Lama to the nut house.

Actually this is a huge issue in the business world. I will try to find that study and post it here but is said that 54% of females do not want to work for a female manager because of all the bagged that female management carries. Men was even higher. Puts companies at a very bad place when it comes to hiring female management. sad.gif

BTW: Welcome back Poncho. How are you doing kiddo?

#3 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Anileve @ Dec 15 2005, 02:59 PM)
I noticed lately... women are so darn bitter! They walk around with dissatisfied facial expressions, they harp on everyone, snap at people every chance they get and are huge on getting into ridiculous jealousy feuds. Is it just me, or has it become increasingly worse in general? What is going on? Why?

Disclaimer: This post doesn't necessarily exclude men from many of their flaws, just for the time being it is specifically about women.

To be honest, I think it's been like that for as long as I can remember.

.......3 Letters, I'll let you think about it.

#4 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:02 AM

are you as stupid as you sound?

#5 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:30 AM

huh.gif

#6 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Azat @ Dec 15 2005, 12:21 AM)
OH MY GOD!!!

Do I have stories to tell but I cant on open forum. And believe me I am not perfect by any means but there is one woman I know who will drive the Dali Lama to the nut house.

Actually this is a huge issue in the business world. I will try to find that study and post it here but is said that 54% of females do not want to work for a female manager because of all the bagged that female management carries. Men was even higher. Puts companies at a very bad place when it comes to hiring female management. sad.gif

BTW: Welcome back Poncho. How are you doing kiddo?

I know about one of them! How is the sweatheart doing? tongue.gif I am wonderful overall, but stressed currently because of finals, can you guess why I am here? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Azat @ Dec 15 2005, 01:02 AM)
are you as stupid as you sound?

Now I would classify this one as a rhetorical question.

#7 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (sSebB @ Dec 15 2005, 12:44 AM)
.......3 Letters, I'll let you think about it.

Sus.

#8 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:38 AM

Surely, rolleyes.gif

#9 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Anileve @ Dec 14 2005, 11:04 PM)
I am wonderful overall, but stressed currently because of finals, can you guess why I am here? biggrin.gif

you missed me smile.gif

#10 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Anileve @ Dec 14 2005, 07:59 PM)
I noticed lately... women are so darn bitter!

Where? What geographic area? What age? What occupation? smile.gif

#11 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Dec 15 2005, 09:15 AM)
you missed me smile.gif

You are as brilliant as I've always believed you to be. biggrin.gif

#12 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Dec 15 2005, 03:03 PM)
Where? What geographic area? What age? What occupation? smile.gif

Well let's see... Majority of my dealings is with the Academic "world." But then there are saleswomen, cashiers, traffic officers, MTA workers. Perhaps I should even reduce it to minorities. I have an awful luck with black women. They are so aggressive, sometimes I think it's a race issue or maybe it's because my derriere is just as big as theirs.

Recently I had a screaming exchange with a Bridge Patrol officer. We took a wrong turn and ended up in the Easypass lane (a prepaid pass that just gets scanned, eliminating the need to pay the toll each time). She was a pyramid of a woman, I explained the situation and told her that we don't need to go to Manhattan but Brooklyn, and if there is something we can do to avoid paying the toll. Without even looking at me, while she was leaning against some poll, she barked that it was our fault and responsibility to pay the toll. When I asked her if we can just pay her (she wasn't in the booth), she snapped "you see me standing here right, baby?" As I was giving her the money I told her that she doesn't need to show me attitude, that I was politily questioning. She started yelling and I started yelling back, she ordered us to pull over and demanded our driver's license. After the drama was over we left.

Now, my friend works in the Motor vehicle Investigation unit and she has a badge. She told me that in a similar situation, she didn't even had to flash it, they just took her license and told her to turn around and get it on the way back, to make sure she is not trying to swindle them. It was possible for the pyramid to help me, but she just wanted to be a witch. There are sooooo many more of that sort. Most of the students that give my department biggest trouble are black women. I hear this from men as well. I also have the hardest time with female professors, they are just plain nasty. Now I don't understand why? What has happened to women that they need to be such witches? Is life too much to handle for them?

#13 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Anileve @ Dec 16 2005, 01:13 PM)
Recently I had a screaming exchange with a Bridge Patrol officer. We took a wrong turn and ended up in the Easypass lane (a prepaid pass that just gets scanned, eliminating the need to pay the toll each time). She was a pyramid of a woman, I explained the situation and told her that we don't need to go to Manhattan but Brooklyn, and if there is something we can do to avoid paying the toll. Without even looking at me, while she was leaning against some poll, she barked that it was our fault and responsibility to pay the toll. When I asked her if we can just pay her (she wasn't in the booth), she snapped "you see me standing here right, baby?" As I was giving her the money I told her that she doesn't need to show me attitude, that I was politily questioning. She started yelling and I started yelling back, she ordered us to pull over and demanded our driver's license. After the drama was over we left.

Now, my friend works in the Motor vehicle Investigation unit and she has a badge. She told me that in a similar situation, she didn't even had to flash it, they just took her license and told her to turn around and get it on the way back, to make sure she is not trying to swindle them. It was possible for the pyramid to help me, but she just wanted to be a witch. There are sooooo many more of that sort. Most of the students that give my department biggest trouble are black women. I hear this from men as well. I also have the hardest time with female professors, they are just plain nasty. Now I don't understand why? What has happened to women that they need to be such witches? Is life too much to handle for them?

Maybe they're not the problem wink.gif jokes

Edited by sSebB, 16 December 2005 - 12:56 AM.

#14 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 16 December 2005 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Anileve @ Dec 15 2005, 06:13 PM)

Ah... understood. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience sad.gif

#15 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:25 AM

Anoushik:

I have a completely different version of women around New York Metropolitan area. I live in Northern part of New Jersey, which is very close to New York City. In my college I have had the most wonderful women professors of all time. All three of these women professors were like role models to me. So smart and yet so wonderful. Apart from that, I have also met young college girls and they all like me as I like them, and I get along with them very well. Now I know I am older than them; but as I have become friendly and with empathy, they have similarly responded to me in likeness. Even the black women. I know the black women are a bit harsher than the whites sometimes; but I talk to them in a special sincere way and they end up liking me just the same as the whites.

I don't know, but maybe I have a special touch or a special way of talking to people that they have ended up liking me. You know what it is? I have usually talked to them with sincerety and with thruthfullness with a smile; and it always works.

So you see? To each her own. I have had good experiences to speak of, of the academic women in here as well as the salesladies, etc. etc. That's why, in general I love people because they are usually really wonderful!

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 16 December 2005 - 05:39 AM.

#16 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (sSebB @ Dec 16 2005, 01:56 AM)
Maybe they're not the problem wink.gif jokes

Seb:

You know what it is? You've got to use your smarts. Even with the so called grumpy ones. I turn it into a challenge and I give them a special smile or even a small compliment and they turn around their grumpiness 360 degrees. I like challenges, don't you?

So that's why, I say most most people on earth are really wonderful; you just have to open up to them first and be really sincere, then they'll love you for it. wink.gif

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 16 December 2005 - 05:40 AM.

#17 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (Anahid Takouhi @ Dec 16 2005, 10:34 PM)
Seb:

You know what it is? You've got to use your smarts. Even with the so called grumpy ones. I turn it into a challenge and I give them a special smile or even a small compliment and they turn around their grumpiness 360 degrees. I like challenges, don't you?

So that's why, I say most most people on earth are really wonderful; you just have to open up to them first and be really sincere, then they'll love you for it. wink.gif

Love challenges. Excellent post. thumbsup.gif

#18 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (sSebB @ Dec 16 2005, 06:48 AM)
Love challenges. Excellent post. thumbsup.gif

Thank you Seb. smile.gif

#19 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:35 AM

However the Armenian women in general, especially the older ones; and in some cases even the younger ones I have had problems with; as they have acted with me in bitterness, jealousy and with wanting. Generally speaking, I don't see why most Armenian girls or women should be that way. I have had my problems with Armenian girls and women. I think in most part they have showed me jealousy and a lot of kneedling; which is not good at all and point blank, it's a shame.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 17 December 2005 - 12:16 PM.

#20 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:07 PM

i think the problem is that we are raising a generation or two of women to be as agressive as men. and i have no issues with that but some just go above and beyond the avg male.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users