Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:53 PM

Apostasy = Death.

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines.
Your Chrstian brothers in Afghanistn are waiting for you. Their lives depend on you.
It is all out war.
Maybe we should pass such laws/sharias.
Also note in the picture at the bottom our fearless born-again leader, champion of Christianity is rubbing elbows with that Afghani clown who signed those laws.
========

http://michellemalki...ives/004796.htm

A CHRISTIAN ON TRIAL
By Michelle Malkin · March 19, 2006 09:47 AM
This story deserves much more attention than it's getting. Via VOA News (hat tip: Doug at Below the Beltway):
An Afghan man who recently admitted he converted to Christianity faces the death penalty under the country's strict Islamic legal system. The trial is a critical test of Afghanistan's new constitution and democratic government.
The case is attracting widespread attention in Afghanistan, where local media are closely monitoring the landmark proceedings.
Abdul Rahman, 40, was arrested last month, accused of converting to Christianity. Under Afghanistan's new constitution, minority religious rights are protected but Muslims are still subject to strict Islamic laws. And so, officially, Muslim-born Rahman is charged with rejecting Islam and not for practicing Christianity.

Appearing in court earlier this week Rahman insisted he should not be considered an infidel, but admitted he is a Christian. He says he still believes in the almighty Allah, but cannot say for sure who God really is. "I am," he says, "a Christian and I believe in Jesus Christ."
Rahman reportedly converted more than 16 years ago after spending time working in Germany. Officials say his family, who remain observant Muslims, turned him over to the authorities. On Thursday the prosecution told the court Rahman has rejected numerous offers to embrace Islam. Prosecuting attorney Abdul Wasi told the judge that the punishment should fit the crime.
He says Rahman is a traitor to Islam and is like a cancer inside Afghanistan. Under Islamic law and under the Afghan constitution, he says, the defendant should be executed. The court has ordered a delay in the proceedings to give Rahman time to hire an attorney. Under Afghan law, once a verdict is given, the case can be appealed twice to higher courts.
This is the first case in which the defendant has admitted to converting and is refusing to back down, even while facing the death penalty.
Here, via the Middle East Times, is the "evidence" against Rahman that may lead to his execution:

Supreme court judge Mawlavizada on March 19 holds a Bible that belongs to Abdul Rahman, who converted from Islam to Christianity. (REUTERS)
What do Afghan President Hamid Karzai and President Bush have to say about the monstrous possibility that Rahman may be executed for professing faith in Jesus Christ and possessing a Bible?

So far, nothing.

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:18 PM

[quote name='Arpa' date='Mar 22 2006, 02:53 PM' post='166128']
Apostasy = Death.

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines.
Your Chrstian brothers in Afghanistn are waiting for you. Their lives depend on you.
It is all out war.
Maybe we should pass such laws/sharias.
Also note in the picture at the bottom our fearless born-again leader, champion of Christianity is rubbing elbows with that Afghani clown who signed those laws.
========

http://michellemalki...ives/004796.htm

Oh no it's not politicaly correct thing to do to interfere and demand equal rights for minorities in a muslim country. Meanwhile we give muslims all the rights that we have. I don't get it when muslims complain, only they have all the rights in Muslim cuontries and equal rights in other countries.

#3 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:35 PM

Yervant1-
Oh no it's not politicaly correct thing to do to interfere and demand equal rights for minorities in a muslim country. Meanwhile we give muslims all the rights that we have. I don't get it when muslims complain, only they have all the rights in Muslim cuontries and equal rights in other countries.

In fact our fearlesss leaderwas confronted with dilemma and his answer was; "We don't meddle in other countries' internal affairs".
It brings to minde the atory, when a missionary witnessed a Turk stabbing and Armenian to detah his/her comments were: "Mi @ner, amot e, meghq e"!
But when those countries' internal and external affairs are wholly financed by our dollars...!!

#4 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Mar 22 2006, 03:35 PM) View Post
In fact our fearlesss leaderwas confronted with dilemma and his answer was; "We don't meddle in other countries' internal affairs".
It brings to minde the atory, when a missionary witnessed a Turk stabbing and Armenian to detah his/her comments were: "Mi @ner, amot e, meghq e"!
But when those countries' internal and external affairs are wholly financed by our dollars...!!

Because of politics Western countries don't even care for their own loyal citizens let alone a poor Afghany person's rights of worship.

Edited by Yervant1, 22 March 2006 - 02:48 PM.

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

is this a joke ???
is this the Afghanistan that US & UK helped to create ???

#6 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

PM calls Karzai to express concern over Christian
CTV.ca News Staff

Prime Minister Stephen Harper phoned Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai Wednesday to express his concerns about an Afghan man facing a death penalty for converting from Islam to Christianity.

"President Karzai listened to my concerns and we had a productive and informative exchange of views," Harper said in a written statement.

"Upon the conclusion of the call, he assured me that respect for human and religious rights will be fully upheld in this case."

Meanwhile, The United Church of Canada is suggesting Ottawa use its position in Afghanistan -- with 2,200 troops in the country's south as part of a Canadian-led multinational brigade -- to promote human rights.

These rights include "the rights of Afghans to choose and change religion without fear of losing their lives,'' the letter to Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay said.

"We sent the letter yesterday and as of yet have not had a response," the United Church's Richard Chambers told CTV Newsnet on Wednesday.

Forty-year-old Abdul Rahman has been charged with rejecting Islam under Afghanistan's laws.

He told a judge at a preliminary hearing last week he became a Christian while working for an international aid group helping Afghan refugees in Pakistan some 15 years ago.

He then moved to Germany for about nine years before returning to Kabul in 2002, after the ouster of the Taliban regime.

Rahman was arrested last month after police discovered him in possession of a Bible during questioning over a custody dispute.

Footage of Rahman at last week's hearing shows him leafing through a Bible before saying, "They want to sentence me to death and I accept it, but I am not a deserter and not an infidel. I am a Christian, which means I believe in the Trinity."

If convicted, Rahman could be executed. But there are indications that Rahman's trial could be dropped before it comes to that.

A state prosecutor told The Associated Press that Rahman could be found mentally unfit to stand trial.

"We think he could be mad. He is not a normal person. He doesn't talk like a normal person," prosecutor Sarinwal Zamari told The Associated Press.

Moayuddin Baluch, Karzai's religious adviser, said Rahman is expected to undergo a psychological examination.

"If he is mentally unfit, definitely Islam has no claim to punish him," he said. "He must be forgiven. The case must be dropped."

A western diplomat in Kabul and a human rights advocate -- both of whom spoke to AP on condition of anonymity -- said the government was frantically looking for a way to drop the trial.

The Afghan legal system is based on a mix of civil and Shariah, or Islamic law.

Death is one of the punishments stipulated by Sharia, or Islamic law, for apostasy.

Washington, which considers Karzai a key ally, also raised the case with Afghan Foreign Minister Abdullah Abdullah on Tuesday, urging Kabul to uphold religious freedom.

The case is sensitive for Karzai, who depends on foreign troops to battle militants and foreign aid to support the economy. But he also has to take into the consideration of Muslims who support Islamic law.

About 99 per cent of the more than 25 million people in the conservative Islamic country are Muslim.

Two Afghan journalists were sentenced to death for blasphemy three years ago but they fled and sought asylum abroad.

With files from The Associated Press

#7 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

How does this "Republic" of Afgahnistan differ from the Talib tribe party? Whatever on earth is Karzai doing there? Where is GWB's "Freedom"?

#8 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:47 PM

Seriously, the world is messed up...

#9 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

An Afghan court dismissed a case against a man who converted from Islam to Christianity because of a lack of evidence and he will be released soon...

By DANIEL COONEY, Associated Press Writer Sun Mar 26, 1:29 PM ET

KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan court on Sunday dismissed a case against a man who converted from Islam to Christianity because of a lack of evidence and he will be released soon, officials said.
ADVERTISEMENT

The announcement came as U.S.-backed President Hamid Karzai faced mounting foreign pressure to free Abdul Rahman, a move that risked angering Muslim clerics here who have called for him to be killed.

An official closely involved with the case told The Associated Press that it had been returned to the prosecutors for more investigation, but that in the meantime, Rahman would be released.

"The court dismissed today the case against Abdul Rahman for a lack of information and a lot of legal gaps in the case," the official said Sunday, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

"The decision about his release will be taken possibly tomorrow," the official added. "They don't have to keep him in jail while the attorney general is looking into the case."

Abdul Wakil Omeri, a spokesman for the Supreme Court, confirmed that the case had been dismissed because of "problems with the prosecutors' evidence."

He said several of Rahman's family members have testified that the 41-year-old has mental problems. "It is the job of the attorney general's office to decide if he is mentally fit to stand trial," he told AP.

A Western diplomat, also declining to be identified because of the sensitivity of the case, said questions were being raised as to whether Rahman would stay in
Afghanistan or go into exile in a foreign country.

Secretary of State
Condoleezza Rice said she could not confirm that an Afghan court had dismissed the case and stressed the U.S. needs to respect the sovereignty of Afghanistan, which she called a "young democracy."

"We have our history of conflicts that had to be worked out after a new constitution. And so the Afghans are working on it. But America has stood solidly for religious freedom as a bedrock, the bedrock, of democracy, and we'll see." Rice said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Asked if American Christian missionaries should be encouraged to go to Afghanistan, Rice said: "I think that Afghans are pleased to get the help that they can get" but added "we need to be respectful of Afghan sovereignty."

Rahman has been prosecuted under Afghanistan's Islamic laws for converting 16 years ago while working as a medical aid worker for an international Christian group helping Afghan refugees in Pakistan. He was arrested last month and charged with apostasy.

Muslim clerics had threatened to incite Afghans to kill Rahman if the government freed him. They said he clearly violated Islamic Shariah law by rejecting Islam.

The case against Rahman put Karzai in an awkward position.

While the U.S., Britain and other countries that prop-up his government have demanded the trial be dropped, Karzai has had to be careful not to offend Islamic sensibilities at home and alienate religious conservatives who wield considerable power.

Rahman had been held at a detention facility in central Kabul since his arrest, but he was moved to the notorious Policharki Prison just outside Kabul on Friday after threats were made against him by other inmates, prison warden Gen. Shahmir Amirpur told AP.

Policharki, a high-security prison housing some 2,000 inmates, including about 350 Taliban and al-Qaida militants who were blamed for inciting a riot there late last month that killed six people.

"We are watching him constantly. This is a very sensitive case so he needs high security," he said in an interview in his office in a crumbling building inside the jail.

Rahman is being held in a cell by himself next to the office of a senior prison guard, the warden said. He showed the AP the outside of Rahman's cell door, but refused to allow reporters to speak to him or see him.

He said Rahman had been asking guards for a Bible but that they did not have any to give him.

Rahman, meanwhile, said he was fully aware of his choice and was ready to die for it, according to an interview published Sunday in an Italian newspaper La Repubblica.

"I am serene. I have full awareness of what I have chosen. If I must die, I will die," Abdul Rahman told the Rome daily, responding to questions sent to him via a human rights worker who visited him in prison.

"Somebody, a long time ago, did it for all of us," he added in a clear reference to Jesus.

Rahman also told the Italian newspaper that his family — including his ex-wife and teenage daughters — reported him to the authorities three weeks ago.

He said he made his choice to become a Christian "in small steps," after he left Afghanistan 16 years ago. He moved to Pakistan, then Germany. He tried to get a visa in Belgium.

"In Peshawar I worked for a humanitarian organization. They were Catholics," Rahman said. "I started talking to them about religion, I read the Bible, it opened my heart and my mind.

#10 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE(anoushik @ Mar 23 2006, 02:47 PM) View Post
Seriously, the world is messed up...

Agreed.

#11 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:14 AM

We read above;

By DANIEL COONEY, Associated Press Writer Sun Mar 26, 1:29 PM ET

KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan court on Sunday dismissed a case against a man who converted from Islam to Christianity because of a lack of evidence and he will be released soon, officials said.
ADVERTISEMENT

The announcement came as U.S.-backed President Hamid Karzai faced mounting foreign pressure to free Abdul Rahman, a move that risked angering Muslim clerics here who have called for him to be killed.

An official closely involved with the case told The Associated Press that it had been returned to the prosecutors for more investigation, but that in the meantime, Rahman would be released.

This does in no way mean that he is home free.
Even after 20 years Salman Rushdie still lives in hiding fearing for his life. We read above that the case was “dismissed for lack of evidence” Huh! What does that mean? There is no guarantee that some lunatic fanatic will not take that ridiculous “law” in their hand and see that “prophecy”and “justice” be done.
We just heard that the Italian PM is trying for his country grant the man safe asylum. Another surprise is that in that same news it was reported that an upward of 10,000 Afghanis have chosen Christianity.

Those Afghanis and their “brothers in faith” are not too smart are they?
Look how they are behaving even after our fearless leader uttered these words.
On Sp. 17, 2001, immediately after the Sep. 11 massacre;
http://www.whitehous...0010917-11.html
And then thses the “bible/qoran” according to GQB, as if he iwere a student of religion, a Muslim theologian;
http://www.whitehous...adan/islam.html

The old adage goes; “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but….”
In many primitive societies stoning to death is the most common form of punishment for sins like adultery, apostasy and other horrible “crimes”.
Our own so called religion is no exception.

[5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
[59] Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
Remember that St. Stephen was stones to death for the sin/crime of “apostasy”;
Acts.7
[59] And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Are we innocent of the crimes and sins of “stoning”?
WE all know that the most sacred duty of a pilgrim to Mecca is the symbolic casting of that “stone” at the “shrine of the devil/satan”.Have you read the news out of Armenian about the fate of those who choose “faiths” other than the Armenian Apostolic Church, such as Jehovah‘s and other garbage?
At least we don’t literally and physically stone them to death even we castigate socially and psychologically.

Once again. Please, our Fearless Leader, tell us about how Islam is a religion of “peace”, “tolerance, “compassion”, “love” an “forgiveness”.
But, just as above; “Casting the first stone”, let us see how tolerant WE are!!

Now that we are so much more civilized and sophisticated, shall we substitute “stones” with “nkler” weapons??!!!

#12 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Mar 29 2006, 12:14 AM) View Post
We read above;
This does in no way mean that he is home free.
Even after 20 years Salman Rushdie still lives in hiding fearing for his life. We read above that the case was “dismissed for lack of evidence” Huh! What does that mean? There is no guarantee that some lunatic fanatic will not take that ridiculous “law” in their hand and see that “prophecy”and “justice” be done.
We just heard that the Italian PM is trying for his country grant the man safe asylum. Another surprise is that in that same news it was reported that an upward of 10,000 Afghanis have chosen Christianity.

Those Afghanis and their “brothers in faith” are not too smart are they?
Look how they are behaving even after our fearless leader uttered these words.
On Sp. 17, 2001, immediately after the Sep. 11 massacre;
http://www.whitehous...0010917-11.html
And then thses the “bible/qoran” according to GQB, as if he iwere a student of religion, a Muslim theologian;
http://www.whitehous...adan/islam.html

The old adage goes; “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but….”
In many primitive societies stoning to death is the most common form of punishment for sins like adultery, apostasy and other horrible “crimes”.
Our own so called religion is no exception.

[5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
[59] Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
Remember that St. Stephen was stones to death for the sin/crime of “apostasy”;
Acts.7
[59] And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Are we innocent of the crimes and sins of “stoning”?
WE all know that the most sacred duty of a pilgrim to Mecca is the symbolic casting of that “stone” at the “shrine of the devil/satan”.Have you read the news out of Armenian about the fate of those who choose “faiths” other than the Armenian Apostolic Church, such as Jehovah‘s and other garbage?
At least we don’t literally and physically stone them to death even we castigate socially and psychologically.

Once again. Please, our Fearless Leader, tell us about how Islam is a religion of “peace”, “tolerance, “compassion”, “love” an “forgiveness”.
But, just as above; “Casting the first stone”, let us see how tolerant WE are!!

Now that we are so much more civilized and sophisticated, shall we substitute “stones” with “nkler” weapons??!!!

http://www.apostates...dia/stoning.htm

#13 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:19 PM

Christian Convert Vanishes After Release
By AMIR SHAH , 03.28.2006, 06:48 AM

n Afghan man who had faced the death penalty for converting from Islam to Christianity quickly vanished Tuesday after he was released from prison, apparently out of fear for his life with Muslim clerics still demanding his death.

Italy's Foreign Minister Gianfranco Fini said he would ask his government to grant Abdul Rahman asylum. Fini was among the first to speak out on the man's behalf.

Rahman, 41, was released from the high-security Policharki prison on the outskirts of Kabul late Monday, Afghan Justice Minister Mohammed Sarwar Danish told The Associated Press.

"We released him last night because the prosecutors told us to," he said. "His family was there when he was freed, but I don't know where he was taken."

Deputy Attorney-General Mohammed Eshak Aloko said prosecutors had issued a letter calling for Rahman's release because "he was mentally unfit to stand trial." He also said he did not know where Rahman had gone after being released.

He said Rahman may be sent overseas for medical treatment.

On Monday, hundreds of clerics, students and others chanting "Death to Christians!" marched through the northern Afghan city of Mazar-e-Sharif to protest the court decision Sunday to dismiss the case. Several Muslim clerics threatened to incite Afghans to kill Rahman if he is freed, saying that he is clearly guilty of apostasy and deserves to die.

"Abdul Rahman must be killed. Islam demands it," said senior Cleric Faiez Mohammed, from the nearby northern city of Kunduz. "The Christian foreigners occupying Afghanistan are attacking our religion."

Rahman was arrested last month after police discovered him with a Bible during a custody dispute over his two daughters. He was put on trial last week for converting 16 years ago while he was a medical aid worker for an international Christian group helping Afghan refugees in Pakistan. He faced the death penalty under Afghanistan's Islamic laws.

The case set off an outcry in the United States and other nations that helped oust the hard-line Taliban regime in late 2001 and provide aid and military support for Afghan President Hamid Karzai. President Bush and others had insisted Afghanistan protect personal beliefs.

U.N. spokesman Adrian Edwards said Rahman has asked for asylum outside Afghanistan.

"We expect this will be provided by one of the countries interested in a peaceful solution to this case," he said.

Fini, the Italian foreign minister who is also deputy premier, will seek permission to grant Rahman asylum at a Cabinet meeting Wednesday, a Foreign Ministry statement said.

Fini had earlier expressed Italy's "indignation" over the case. Pope Benedict XVI also appealed to Karzai to protect Rahman.

Italy has close ties with Afghanistan, whose former king, Mohammed Zaher Shah, was allowed to live with his family in exile in Rome for 30 years. The former royals returned to Kabul after the fall of the Taliban regime a few years ago.

Asked whether the U.S. government was doing anything to secure Rahman's safety after his release, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said in Washington that where he goes after being freed is "up to Mr. Rahman." He urged Afghans not to resort to violence even if they are unhappy with the resolution of the case.

The international outrage over Rahman's case put Karzai in a difficult position because he also risked offending religious sensibilities in Afghanistan, where senior Muslim clerics have been united in calling for Rahman to be executed.

Associated Press Writer Daniel Cooney contributed to this report.

#14 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Mar 28 2006, 10:06 PM) View Post

Seb is there much difference between that and lethal injection or electric chain that we have in US?

#15 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Mar 29 2006, 06:06 AM) View Post

I did not read any of the testimonials beyond the first ones , and only partially at that.
I don’t need to read any further.
Here are parts of those respective testimonials by the apostate/converts.
All one has to do is substitute the name of your favorite “prophet” and your favorite “book” and see if it will make any difference.
Religion is religion no matter whose. "What is good for the goose is good for the gander".
Speaking of books nothing tops the ridiculousness of the Book Of Mormon, written on golden plates, which was supposed to be given to Joseph Smith, and as soon as Joseph copied them the angel took them back. ohmy.gif
Muhammed
(Alternate spellings: Muhammad/Mohammad/Mohammed)
Muhammed was an Arab man, who lived 1400 years ago.
To realize his desire to rule over people, and satisfy his above-average sexual desires, he lied to everyone that he was receiving revelations from God.
Comparing to his surrounding people who were
======
Quran
To Muslims, Quran is a holy book, revealed directly to Mohammed through the angel Gibrael. To them, it the absolute truth, the last message to mankind from the Creator of this Universe.
In reality, Quran is a creation of Mohammed's mind and includes collections of stories, brainwashing techniques, general common sense and morals, and some "scientific" statements.
All these elements were either common sense, were borrowed from other religions and sources, or were invented by Mohammed.
A good study of what Mohammed borrowed from other sources, can be studied at the Answering Islam site
ohmy.gif

Edited by Arpa, 29 March 2006 - 02:21 PM.

#16 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(Azat @ Mar 30 2006, 04:45 AM) View Post
Seb is there much difference between that[stoning] and lethal injection or electric chain that we have in US?

One execution is out of religion, one is not.

#17 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:48 AM

In the immediate wake of that farcical KKK/“Kangaroo Kort in Kabul”, or would you rather KKK/"Klown Kort in Kabul", now that we know that a certain apostate is in safe haven in Italy, we hear about the release of Jill Carrol from yet another “kangaroo kort” where she was held captive by Islamic kidnappers for the past 3 months. Another irony is that she was displayed at a TV station owned by Islamic clowns. Does the latter incident have any connection to the former? Did some idiots finally realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot, and placing their big feet in their equally big mouths, that is, after many, from both sides of the civilizations including our “fearless leader” had insisted as to how Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance and compassion.
Did they finally realize that actions speak louder than empty words?
But, above all, how insecure must some people be in their so called faiths that they have to surround it with a lethal fence of stoning to death and death by hanging all those who even dare to approach that virtual fence and contemplate investigating some other faiths??!!
Of course, Muslims are not alone in circling their religious community with virtual lethal fences. Many other faiths have fences of one sort or another. Brings to mind one particular people who never fail to aver their faith, and declare, more so to themselves, and hope that the world will hear them, that how they are Christians, and the “first” ones at that, yet encircle their community so tightly, even to ask the government to help them tighten that virtual fence to keep their flock in check.
HOW INSECURE CAN ONE BE!!!???
Is there is a reason for it?
Is it because, even we don't believe what we say?
Is it because after 1700 years 30% of Yerevanites profess to be atheists, 30% agnostics, 20% unsure, leaving just another 20% who go to church three times during their lifetime, as the joke goes, the first (baptism) and the last (funeral) time they don’t remember, and the second (wedding) time, they couldn’t care less. Or, they enjoy the music.smile.gif How stupid can I be! I thought one goes to the Opera House or the Symphony Hall for music. smile.gif
Why can’t we leave people alone to believe or not what they choose as long as they observe the laws of their country of abode, like “thou shalt not kill”, or, was it "thou shalt not commit adult...", is that "thou shalt not commit 'adult-hood'"?, as we know many here and elsewhere follow the latter commandement to the letter. How about the commandment; “thou shalt not impose your brand of faith (read mythology) on others”. etc.

Edited by Arpa, 30 March 2006 - 09:28 AM.

#18 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Mar 29 2006, 10:17 PM) View Post
One execution is out of religion, one is not.

i would have put it a little differently. i would have said one uses religion to stone people to death the second uses religion to create the laws to electricute people to death.

#19 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Azat @ Mar 30 2006, 03:43 PM) View Post
i would have put it a little differently. i would have said one uses religion to stone people to death the second uses religion to create the laws to electricute people to death.

You mean that anitsyal/f****n primitive rule of “eye for eye“,” tooth for tooth“ and” life for life““, that some of us still swear by?;
Those were written in another era of savagery. What about out era when some commit patricide because their so called parents have brutalized, (sexually) abused them, and fratricide when their so called (Turkish) brothers have massacred them. Some of the above are better off dead.
Exod.21
[24] Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
[27] And if he smite out his manservant's tooth, or his maidservant's tooth; he shall let him go free for his tooth's sake.
Lev.24
[20] Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.

F**K Exodus(excretion) and Leviticus
Speaking of "levi-ti-(kak)-kus". Those who know Arabic will understand what "kus ummo", or for that matter those who know Persian will know what "kos" as in Kira-kos-ian means.smile.gif
For the love of me. When will we ever get out of what Levi-ti-KOS, they say and get back, what they "kosen/kasen and what WE "kasenq".
Hey you gauys! I men "guys".
Don't get me wrong.
No matter how it is known, kos, kus, ***, puts/պուց, I still love that delicious organ.
I know. I know!
Most of the above will go right over the head of most.
Hi Sip, our favorite "parsk-a-hav" friend, (Sipan**) KIR-a-KOS-ian!! smile.gif smile.gif
** Or, as he chose to present himself as "Sea-Pahn" to distinguish between the proud(Seg Sipana Sarer) Sipan Mountains and this, Si Pan;
http://www.bartleby....a/FanSiPan.html

Edited by Arpa, 30 March 2006 - 12:39 PM.

#20 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:36 PM

Stick to the Old Testament, why don't we?

Matthew 5:38-39
"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users