• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hyethga

hyethga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hey everyone, lately I have been having these stinging attacks on my head although I am quite unsure of why they are occurring. To say that they are headaches would be a misnomer, because my head hurts every few hours, and most acutely when I, get this, burp (bqhkal smile.gif).

I have taken Advil and some other headache medicine but the pain attacks with the same amount of tenacity. Would this have to do with my sugar level, my blood pressure, stress, too many hours on the computer (I usually spend 3 hours a day reading and typing), reading books (about 1 hour a day), or something to do with my vision?

Most have suggested that my fan, which I point at my head at night when I'm sleeping, is at fault, and that I am essentially dealing with a long, though far less severe 'brain freeze'.

Any and all help, suggestions, and advice is welcome.

Thanks.

#2 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (hyethga @ Jul 14 2008, 12:04 AM)
Hey everyone, lately I have been having these stinging attacks on my head although I am quite unsure of why they are occurring. To say that they are headaches would be a misnomer, because my head hurts every few hours, and most acutely when I, get this, burp (bqhkal smile.gif).

I have taken Advil and some other headache medicine but the pain attacks with the same amount of tenacity. Would this have to do with my sugar level, my blood pressure, stress, too many hours on the computer (I usually spend 3 hours a day reading and typing), reading books (about 1 hour a day), or something to do with my vision?

Most have suggested that my fan, which I point at my head at night when I'm sleeping, is at fault, and that I am essentially dealing with a long, though far less severe 'brain freeze'.

Thanks.

The culprit is the fan for sure in my opinion. The fan directed at your body (Any part of your body) for a longer period of time is a disaster waiting to happen. As for your computer hours it could give you headache if you have a focusing (Vision) problem that you can get it fixed by getting your eye examined. smile.gif

#3 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (hyethga @ Jul 14 2008, 12:04 AM)

Thanks.

Few questions:

-For how long you have it
-Where is the pain (in what region of the head), and is it on both sides?
-When is it worst, in the morning when you wake up, or before sleeping?
-Did you have any recent eyesight changes, or blurred vision?
-Do you feel spells, like you will lose consciousness, nosea, diziness?
-Before the pain hit, do you have any warning signs, like feeling weird, nosea, vomiting, visual disturbances?
-Did you change anything in youe diet recently, or do you consume more coffee?

etc.

About the fan, fans can give nerve pain, but it really depend on where the pain originate, they 'attack' more commonly the neck rather than the head (unless the pain is in your ears area) or the back of your head. Any new type of headache like in your case should be an alarm sign to consult a physician. Don't take the fan as a culprit before being investigated. You could take an apointment and stop that fan starting with today until you're being investigated. The usual way doctors answer to new very frequent strong pain is to first send you for either CT scan or MRI of the head to exclude any major problem like mini-strokes, brain lesions, tumors etc.

#4 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

Oh and, if I scarred you, the pain being stronger when you burp could suggest it is the fan. But you have to consult regardless.

Edited by DominO, 14 July 2008 - 12:25 PM.

#5 hyethga

hyethga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (DominO @ Jul 14 2008, 01:12 PM)
Oh and, if I scarred you, the pain being stronger when you burp could suggest it is the fan. But you have to consult regardless.

Thank you Yervand and Domino for your suggestions. I consulted a doctor, and she said that it is an accumulation of the sinuses which is causing the painful headaches. I opted to get shots instead of taking antibiotics. Interestingly enough, there are no other symptoms of me sickness, coughing, sneezing, or otherwise. The most acute pain is felt, like I said above, when I burp and an "ardzagank" is echoed to the top part of my head, causing a stinging pain that lasts for no longer than two seconds.

#6 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

You need a good buffet.

#7 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:24 PM

buffet ??
Mi LAv Haykakan Xorrovats liner Lav K@liner

#8 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Jul 14 2008, 11:19 PM)
You need a good buffet.

How about a cheese hat? tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#9 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

The World Health Organization defines health as a state of complete physical, mental, and social well being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.

#10 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:09 AM

Stress and Health
Stress and Life

A lecturer, when explaining stress management to an audience, raised a glass of water and asked,

"How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g.

The lecturer replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter.
It depends on how long you try to hold it.

If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem.
If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance.
In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

He continued,
"And that's the way it is with stress management. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on. "

"As with the glass of water,
You have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again.

Burdens of Life

Here are some great ways of dealing with the burdens of life:

*Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
*Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
*Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
*Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
*If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
*If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
*It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
*Never buy a car you can't push.
*Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because ! then you won't have a leg to stand on.
*Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
*Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
*The second mouse gets the cheese.
*When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
*Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
*You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
*Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
*We could learn a lot from crayons...
*Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
*A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users