#42 Gayane

Gayane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 April 2001 - 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
I would like to urge everybody to get back to the original topic. And, maybe, it would be great, if each of you may delete his own postings which are not on the original topic of this thread.

Gayane

oops!

Martin

Thank you for stepping in during my absence, Martin

I'm pretty lenient as a moderator (I think you'll find) and so far nothing THAT offensive has been said, but just know your limits (everyone). Etkan ban

Gayancho

#43 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 24 April 2001 - 08:11 PM

Mother's place is the home. I do not know who these people are who think they can or should change over how many thousands of years of tradition.

#44 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 25 April 2001 - 08:35 AM

Gayane can you find information about the latest result of government research regarding this issue? I heard it on news a few days ago. Similar research has been done in Europe also.

#45 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 05 May 2001 - 02:08 AM

Can one be an excepetional wife/mother AND an exceptional career woman? In my opinion one of these will have to suffer at the expense of the other. This does not mean you can't have a family and a career. But since your time and energy will need to be split between these two major responsibilities, your performance of one or the other, or both will be less than exceptional. Of course this does not mean you can't have both, but you do need to get your priorities straight and decide which one deserves more of your time and energy.

Since I was reading the child-care topic just before this one, I would like to comment on the subject here. One thing a mom absolutely should do is take some time off (about a year if possible) and care for her newborn. I think the first year is a very essential period in a child's development. And after that, she should go back to work part-time (again, if possible) and spend as much time as possible with the child. After all, the mother and father should be the ones in charge of raising and shaping their baby (predominantly), not some strangers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users