144 replies to this topic

#21 jgm1975

jgm1975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:36 PM

Good posts Sasun.
One can be a nationalist, without being an extremist. Some Armenians claim that they are "better" Armenians than others, yet they use the same hateful and extremist language towards fellow Armenians who do not agree with them as some Turks use against us. Listening to those Armenian "nationalists" reminds me of the same language that the perpetrators of the genocide used against Armenians. History has shown that such hate-mongering extremists like Hitler, Talaat and others end us bringing the destruction of their own nation. Patriotic duty implies that one can disagree with a fellow compatriot without questioning his loyalty to the nation. When a nationalist starts to question the loyalty of his fellow countrymen, just because they disagree with his extremist propaganda, that person stops being a nationalist, and becomes instead a hate-worshipping fascist that advances unrealistic racist theories.

Edited by jgm1975, 07 September 2004 - 06:36 PM.

#22 Teutonic Knight

Teutonic Knight

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:42 PM

Vigil, don't forget that most of these guys are either internationalist commie loving expats or third/second generation turk loving leftie Americans with Armenian heritage which they use as a label to be different. Hardly the kind of people who would be of any use to any nationalist movement.
Nearly every single proud Armenian that has posted in this forum in the past few years has been bullied away via their gang attacks or simply banned.

#23 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:55 PM

You "patriots" are pretty freaking hillarious ... so anyone who disagrees with you is either a commie or a turk lover? Who would have thunk it but we seem to have a funny arse race! Looks like when God was passing out logic, he skipped over the Armenians who got extra doses of the comic gene ...

.. and sarcasm ... yah heavy doses of sarcasm. biggrin.gif

#24 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:58 PM

TK, your theory sounds like another conspiracy theory. The only reason people get banned is because they break forum rules. If one doesn't respect the rules of this small online comminity then they get no respect here and get banned. It doesn't matter if they cry out and say they were banned because they were proud to be Armenian.

#25 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:45 PM

I have been biting my tongue all this time, but now I will speak
I wish our ultra-nationalists would do their homework before posting.
In the post above by AH we exhibit our most paranoid schizophrenia when in one paragraph we blame all of our failures on the "Zionist" conspiracy and in another paragraph we invoke that ultimate zionistic handbook,aka the Bible to corroborate our existence, mythology and so-called history.

Come back when you have sorted out things!!

#26 Ludwig9

Ludwig9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:16 PM

Sasun to clear up your puzzlingness(I know I made that word up)

As an Armenian you should already know the answer to your first question.

To answer the second question, the Turk really doesn’t have a actual language or alphabet of their own. Since they conveniently changed from the Arabic alphabet they were using for hundreds of years for a Latinized alphabet so they “seemed” more European why not then the whole language? Not to mention that the actual Turkish language is composed of several different languages namely: Arabic, Persian, Latin (English) Armenian and Mongolian.

Examples: Yurt in Turkish means house or home,that is actually a Mongolian. The word face in Turkish is Surat, which comes from Arabic and Persian and so on and so forth.

By using Armenian and Greek, the Turks would be using an authentic language with an authentic alphabet.

http://www.mfa.gov.t...ab/alphabet.htm

#27 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:21 PM

So you are saying instead of an arabic- or a latin- based alphabet/language they should go for a greek- or armenian-based language/alphabet and that is somehow going to make it more ok? blink.gif

It still wouldn't be their own so I don't see the point.

#28 Teutonic Knight

Teutonic Knight

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Sep 7 2004, 11:21 PM)
So you are saying instead of an arabic- or a latin- based alphabet/language they should go for a greek- or armenian-based language/alphabet and that is somehow going to make it more ok?  blink.gif

It still wouldn't be their own so I don't see the point.

How many Turks look like Uzbeks or Kazakhs?

3% of the population?

They are the turkified descendants of Armenians & Greeks mainly as well as Slavs, Celts, Germanics, Latins, Arabs, Kurds, Persians...

Turks:

http://www.turkguzel...denizakkaya.php
http://www.turkguzel...m/denizseki.php
http://www.turkguzel...m/ebrusalli.php
http://www.turkguzel...m/senayakay.php
http://www.turkguzel...amzeozcelik.php

#29 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:57 PM

Oh crap! Vigil was right all along ... seems like I am a Turk lover after all eek.gif drool.gif

#30 Ludwig9

Ludwig9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:04 PM

You see Sip, you had to go and make TK repeat himself.

we invoke that ultimate zionistic handbook,aka the Bible to corroborate our existence, mythology and so-called history.

Considering the Armenians were Christian before the "handbook" came out, makes your point irrelevant. Secondly, it is the Church that established the alphabet so that Armenians can conserve there laguage, history and literature. Not to mention it was also the Armenian Church that fought for autonomy not the royalty. It is the Church that established schools and hostpitals (Saint Nerses the Builder). In a nutshell the Church is responsible for helping define and keep the identity of the Armenians.

#31 shaunt

shaunt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:59 PM

Strong is the mongol in this one.

#32 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:29 AM

Ok, now that's just ruining a perfectly good thread now isn't it?

#33 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:45 AM

The first lady looks like Slav, the second may pass as an Armenian, the third has something Germanic/Celtic and the fourth is combination of all of the above. smile.gif

But Turks in general are not that good looking! Most of them do have Arabic/mongolian outlook!

#34 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 02:03 AM

I don't see a fourth "lady" ohmy.gif

#35 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Armenian Highlander @ Sep 7 2004, 09:52 PM)
Gurgen:

Is is funny how you took "pathetic low-lives" personally.

Thanks for that remark. It told me your level of intelligence and that there's no point in discussing this any further rolleyes.gif

You're so paranoid you see conspiracies and 'non-patriotism' everywhere. Stalin would be proud of you.

Edited by gurgen, 08 September 2004 - 07:58 AM.

#36 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ Sep 7 2004, 08:55 PM)
You "patriots" are pretty freaking hillarious ... so anyone who disagrees with you is either a commie or a turk lover?  Who would have thunk it but we seem to have a funny arse race!  Looks like when God was passing out logic, he skipped over the Armenians who got extra doses of the comic gene ...

.. and sarcasm ... yah heavy doses of sarcasm.  biggrin.gif

Here here....also strongly agree with Arpa's comment which follows...and I can hardly believe it - I agree pretty much with everything Sasun and Ludwig having been saying in this thread as well - good job all!

I still wouldn't have banned him (but perhaps I missed some strong personal attacks, language or revealing personal information that was edited out)...either way no great loss really - the same song and dance...but heh - its the internet - fokks can come on and post whatever - even if that have absolutly no real life experiences or knowledge and have no clue concerning reality...maybe one day thay will (mature and) look back and laugh (or cry about) themselves at this stage...(oh I'm including patriot and highlander and others I imagine along with this Virgil dude)...sad...

#37 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:35 AM

As a side note: Vigil and AH are not banned. They're put on moderator preview for 7 days, which means that whatever they post has to be approved by moderators before the public can view it. All this to hopefully calm them down. And yes Winston, some of what they wrote was deleted. The rest is still there in case you're interested. Whatever happened, they pushed the limits and deserved what they got. Not for their views, but for their language, primarily name-calling just about anyone who disagreed with their views.

#38 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Ludwig9 @ Sep 8 2004, 04:04 AM)
You see Sip, you had to go and make TK repeat himself.
Considering the Armenians were Christian before the "handbook" came out, makes your point irrelevant. Secondly, it is the Church that established the

Ludwig. Which handbook are you talking about?
Read my above post again and tell us whaich "handbook" I was talking about. Perhaps I should have made it more explicit and said "the Old Testament". Which brings us to the Church. Did I even use the C word? Yet, contrary to your assertion the Church was not based on that, to repeat myself, the perennial handbook of Zionism, the Old Testament. It was bases on the teachings of the most anti-Zionist of all times, Jesus. The very reason he was crucified. Preaching universalism as opposed to ethnocentrism
However my point was for us to be careful and not contradict ourselves, in the same article for that matter, anyway. We may hammer one point in one article and the opposite in another but when we do it in the same article then our lucidity will be questioned.

#39 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:46 AM

Hey!!
Who removed the burka and the chadoor off those women??
Yet when Turks go to America/Europe their women have to cover every inch of skin.
Is ir schizophrenia or hipocrisy?

#40 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:16 AM

Hey!!
Who removed the burka and the chadoor off those women??
Yet when Turks go to America/Europe their women have to cover every inch of skin.
Is ir schizophrenia or hipocrisy?

I returned from Turkey two weeks ago. I didn't see any Turkish women with a chador or burka. A headgear yes, but that's nothing unusual in the countryside. I haven't met any here in Germany who dress like that as well.

Totally agree with your views. The Judaic religion is by nature a tribal one whose worldview and morals are limited to that of their "nation". A nation which used to exist, but is a mythical entity now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users