63 replies to this topic

#21 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Anahid Takouhi @ Jan 1 2008, 06:38 AM)
This may be off topic; but I must say Stormig, there is a lot of truth in some of the things you said and it made me laugh a good deal. biggrin.gif I found it very funny about the grown educated men arguing then drinking cold bitter coffee and pretty much spitting it out. tongue.gif

I can't take credit for that piece, for it is not mine.

#22 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Arpa @ Dec 31 2007, 09:54 PM)
Can I say that the above is full of "wind", like in "stormig/little wind"?
When did "pactcha" end up meaning "sleeve"? It is none other than the furkified form of Armenian "poch/tail/rump/thigh/zist".

Right, the Turks got it only when they interacted with Armenians. In fact, it was the Armenians who gave them their name, after the bird.
In case you missed it, there is an English version of the translation/entry on the same link - cuff is perhaps the right word and not "sleeve"... Still, there's quite a bit of anatomical distance between the tail or thigh and lower parts of limbs: http://seslisozluk.c...k_search=Search
1. lower part of the trouser leg. trotter. calves-foot. neat's foot. cuff.
2. lower part of the trouser leg, trotter, calves foot, neat's foot, cuff. "lower part of the trouser leg; (hayvanda) trotters; dish made from trotters".
3. trotter (especially that of a sheep).
4. jellied trotter.

QUOTE (Arpa @ Dec 31 2007, 09:54 PM)
As to the greekifying of all those terms. Yes, we know that adding the "tes/es" suffix makes everything Greek like "Koetfa/kafta/koeftates", "Dolma/domates", "potato/patates", "tomato/tomates/tamates." And how about adding "es" to Tigran to make him sound like Greek Tigran-es? Add "es" to Trdat and make it "Triditat-es"? Not to mention adding "es" to Johann/Youhana" and make it Johannes/Youhann-es/Յովան/Յովաննէս? Yervand/Երւանդունի/Orondit to "orontes"?
Please search and find why "lolik", a native American fruit was named- (Iitalian)- "pomi-doro"-(golden apple)- (Arabic, banadora) on one hand, and (Spanish)-"tamate" on the other.

Howevermuch truth there is to all that, all pun intended - Arpa, is P.N. Oak your bedside read?

#23 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Johannes)
Արաբերէն այդ բառարանը, որմէ օգտուած են, պարսիկ խմբագիր ունեցած ըլլալու է: Արաբերէն սմբակին հափեր [haafer-حافر] կ'անուանեն:[/size]

Այդպէս երեւի որ Աճառեանը իր Արաբագիր բառերը քաղած պիտի ըլլայ Օսմանեան Արաբագիր Քամուսից որու մասին ղաե մէջբերումներ ունի:
Այդ իսկ պատճառավ նա յաճախ դիմէ եւ ակնարկի Օսմաներէնին: Մենք արդեն գիտենք որ իր առաջին լեզուն եղած էր Օսմաներէն:
Մի ժամանակ Մովսէսը եւ Կարոն մեզ հրամցուցին մի ցանցային բառարանոր յետեվաբար վերցուեցաւԹ տես թէ ինչու եւ տես թէ ես ինչ գրած էի նրան աւելի քան յիսուն տոկոսը կոչեր թուրքերէնը իբր արմատ մեր բառերի:
http://hyeforum.com/...8040&hl=editors
Ըստ հավաստի աղբիւրների Հայերէն ՏԱՐԻ բառը Սանսկրիտ ՍԱՐԴ բառի հետ կապ ունի որտէղից ՆԱՒ- ա -ՍԱՐԴ , Նոր Տարի:
Վստահ եմ գիտես թէ ինչու Արաբերէնով սանա նշաշակի տարի եւ թէ դա ինչ կամ ունի սինն - տարիք եւ սինն -ատամ/tooth -ի հետ:

Edited by Arpa, 05 January 2008 - 01:47 PM.

#24 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:18 PM

I rest my case.

#25 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

Խաշի սեզոնը համարում եմ բացվա՛ծ: Ասե՛ք տեսնեմ ո՞վ է արդեն հասցրել թաթախվել և ո՞վ է պատրաստվում թաթախվել մոտակա շաբաթավերջին: wink.gif

Edited by Nané, 15 December 2008 - 07:52 PM.

#26 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Nané @ Dec 15 2008, 05:51 PM)
Խաշի սեզոնը համարում եմ բացվա՛ծ: Ասե՛ք տեսնեմ ո՞վ է արդեն հասցրել թաթախվել և ո՞վ է պատրաստվում թաթախվել մոտակա շաբաթավերջին: wink.gif

ch@nayats or cher kareli smile.gif sakayn inch taghtsnem hantsanqs shabat or@ 2 angamits smile.gif Xashi Harts@ lutsetsy

#27 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

derr hoktemberin, iharke big bearum... bayc esor vegasum dzyun gcec... eti nshan er yerevi...

#28 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Nané @ Dec 15 2008, 05:51 PM)

Արդե՞ն. dizzy.gif ..Երբեք չեմ թաթախվել, թաթախվում և թաթախվելու...Բայց, երբ ուրիշներն են թաթախվում eat.gif սխտորի հոտը մի շաբաթ տանից դուրս չի գալիս... outtahere.gif

Խաշի սեղանից ամենաշատը աղ ցանած բողկն եմ սիրում sulkoff.gif

#29 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:49 AM

Asem or Partadir che smile.gif sxtor ogtvel@ smile.gif
yes arden 4~5 tary e arants sxtor em hamemum xash@ / "pickled jalapeno w/ carrots & garlic" 1 kam 2 g@tal dra j@rits em dnum apseyi mej, da te k@tsu ham uni te Qatsax yev te ag, te hangist mars@vum e, te amboj ior@s izuri tegh@ chi antsnum q@nelov

#30 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Ani @ Dec 16 2008, 08:05 AM)
Արդե՞ն. dizzy.gif ..Երբեք չեմ թաթախվել, թաթախվում և թաթախվելու...Բայց, երբ ուրիշներն են թաթախվում eat.gif սխտորի հոտը մի շաբաթ տանից դուրս չի գալիս... outtahere.gif

Հապա ինչ պիտի ասէիր եթէ Իտալացի ընտանիքում ծնուած ըլայիր? Նրանց հիմնական ազգային կերակուրը Alliա Olio է որ նշանակի Սխտոր եւ (ձեթի) Եղ/Եող/ յուղ:
Here is one recipe among many; http://www.epinions....86-3877FA7C-bd1
Alia Sativa-Garlic;
http://upload.wikime...Garlic_-_01.jpg
Once I had a born in India colleague, who everytime, he enetered the front door the whole place would reek with the smell of garlic/onion.
I could not contain myself, finally I aked him; "Do you guys eat anything other than onions fried with garlic or garlic fried with onions"? Not to forget the curry. tongue.gif

Edited by Arpa, 16 December 2008 - 01:31 PM.

#31 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

I have to make a confession here, please don't laugh at me! ohmy.gif
All of my family members eat and enjoy KHASH except me, even the looks of it turns my stomach upside down. sad.gif

#32 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Yervant1 @ Dec 16 2008, 06:05 PM)
All of my family members eat and enjoy KHASH except me, even the looks of it turns my stomach upside down. sad.gif

I know what you mean. I was turned off early in life as well, when it was customaryin Halep, after a night at the "hamam", the next step was at the khash restaurant. Beside the strong garlic smell, I still rememeber when some of the morsels would still have the sheep fur/hair.
I may have got over that phobia as today we have better ways to denude the parts of fur and hair.
Btw, did you know that khash, with its jellied consistency is the Armenian alternative to the "chickn soup" for whatever ails you, all the way from the commonn cold to diarrhea? tongue.gif
Not to mention the mild antibiotic affect of the component of garlic Alliin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliin

Edited by Arpa, 16 December 2008 - 12:24 PM.

#33 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Arpa @ Dec 16 2008, 01:15 PM)
I know what you mean. I was turned off early in life as well, when it was customaryin Halep, after a night at the "hamam", the next step was at the khash restaurant. Beside the strong garlic smell, I still rememeber when some of the morsels would still have the sheep fur/hair.
I may have got over that phobia as today we have better ways to denude the parts of fur and hair.

It's for me more the look of oil making the swirl on top and the frozen cartilage with the leftover.

#34 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Yervant1 @ Dec 16 2008, 10:05 AM)

Yervand jan smile.gif you need to see and test my xash

#35 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (MosJan @ Dec 16 2008, 02:45 PM)
Yervand jan smile.gif you need to see and test my xash

Hopefully one day. smile.gif

#36 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

menak te Amarva kesin ch@gas ases Xash em uzzum smile.gif chanayats qez hamar axper jan x@nthir ch@ka smile.gif

#37 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Ani @ Dec 15 2008, 11:05 PM)

Ոչինչ, կսովորես: Խոսք եմ տալիս: wink.gif Իսկ եթե ուզում ես տանից սխտորի հոտ չգա, ասա թող դրսում դնեն խաշի սեղանը ... ամենաճիշտը դա է:

#38 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (MosJan @ Dec 16 2008, 09:49 AM)
Asem or Partadir che smile.gif sxtor ogtvel@ smile.gif
yes arden 4~5 tary e arants sxtor em hamemum xash@ / "pickled jalapeno w/ carrots & garlic" 1 kam 2 g@tal dra j@rits em dnum apseyi mej, da te k@tsu ham uni te Qatsax yev te ag, te hangist mars@vum e, te amboj ior@s izuri tegh@ chi antsnum q@nelov

Մովսես ճիշտն ասած չեմ պատկերացնում խաշը առանց սխտորի ... ինչպես և չեմ պատկերացնում առանց աղի, լավաշի կամ օղու:

Հա մեկ էլ չեմ հասկանում այն մարդկանց որ խաշը լիմոնով են ուտում - կարծես հավի սուպ լինի: huh.gif

Բայց նաև ասեմ որ էդ «խաշի միս» կոչվածը չեմ ուտում:

Edited by Nané, 16 December 2008 - 04:40 PM.

#39 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Nané @ Dec 16 2008, 02:34 PM)
Մովսես ճիշտն ասած չեմ պատկերացնում խաշը առանց սխտորի ... ինչպես և չեմ պատկերացնում առանց աղի, լավաշի կամ օղու:

Հա մեկ էլ չեմ հասկանում այն մարդկանց որ խաշը լիմոնով են ուտում - կարծես հավի սուպ լինի: huh.gif

Բայց նաև ասեմ որ էդ «խաշի միս» կոչվածը չեմ ուտում:

Sxtor@ j@nshum@sa bartsratsnum smile.gif naxkinum s@xtor@ mi qani jam a4raj xashi taq j@ri mej eyi dnum or ham@ lav qashi jan@ smile.gif heto jurn eyi mi qani g@tal ogtvum smile.gif da naxkinum er,

Agh@ lav chi lutsvum kes jam pit xarrnem minchev xarrnvi smile.gif dra hamar kam naxxoroq, taq xashi j@ri mej em batsum @endhanur mejtegh@ dnum mi qani kathil yev apen inch patrast e smile.gif

Oghi - yes im limit@ X 2 x@mel verchatsel em smile.gif 15 tary e arden No Alcohol

Xash Arants ?? m@si ?? hena Bulyon sarqi x@mi apricot.gif

che asem hima el voskorov mis chenq dnum, kam Zing - hot@ antaneliu a guyn@ t@haj yve shat d@jvar e mars@vum

hima menak toteri Tendentnern enq vertsnum, hamov hotov, asum en nuynisk bujich hatkutyuner uni

#40 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (MosJan @ Dec 16 2008, 05:18 PM)
menak te Amarva kesin ch@gas ases Xash em uzzum smile.gif chanayats qez hamar axper jan x@nthir ch@ka smile.gif

Bayts duq dz@mer uniq? biggrin.gif Dun mer qov yekur yev khashe hos kudenq miasin.
Ays gisher 10 cm dzuyn e galis mer mot. clap.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users