229 replies to this topic

#221 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 11:28 AM

It's quite ironical that no one, except for me, said anything when we had a Women forum. I don't know about your countries, but mine doesn't have a Ministry of Women Affairs. For all I care this whole subforum can disappear, but apparently some people for some reason that is beyond me want to discuss women. Yet, so far, no one answered my question as to what women have that needs such special attention.

#222 den_wolf

den_wolf

Here's the proof!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 11:46 AM

what women have that needs such special attention

LOL. Well, for men, women have something that men want (not going into details LOL). For women, women have the need to feel special. So I guess that's how it works. blink.gif But you're right, I don't see why there should be a separate forum for Women or even for gender issues.. what's the big deal. If i can discuss philosophy in the "Other" forum, why can't the discussions about women, such as feminism, etc. go into that forum too? I don't know. LOL. Trying desparately not to sound too controversial, but somehow I can't help it. blink.gif

edit - see now all this talk about gender got me all mixed up with my spelling LOL. rolleyes.gif

Edited by den_wolf, 16 February 2004 - 11:47 AM.

#223 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (nairi @ Feb 16 2004, 06:28 PM)
It's quite ironical that no one, except for me, said anything when we had a Women forum. I don't know about your countries, but mine doesn't have a Ministry of Women Affairs. For all I care this whole subforum can disappear, but apparently some people for some reason that is beyond me want to discuss women. Yet, so far, no one answered my question as to what women have that needs such special attention.

Amen!

I think it only adds to segragation that we seperate women and have a special forum for them while we don't have one for men.

#224 den_wolf

den_wolf

Here's the proof!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (gurgen @ Feb 16 2004, 07:07 PM)
I think it only adds to segragation that we seperate women and have a special forum for them while we don't have one for men.

Well, now we do have a forum for both men and women, namely "gender issues." But I still fail to see why people need to constantly talk about gender, and not any other social aspects... blink.gif

#225 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:18 PM

Why not drop the whole thing?

It's so done and over with.

#226 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 02:05 PM

I have "gender issues". It appears that everytime I cross my legs, I can't go all the way.

#227 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 16 February 2004 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Feb 16 2004, 02:05 PM)
I have "gender issues". It appears that everytime I cross my legs, I can't go all the way.

i believe you have some sort of other issue here mouse jan.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif hahahahahahhaha maybe youve misspelled the word here or something...are you sure its a "gender" issue?> laugh.gif laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif okay that was my blonde moment of the day...no more!

#228 den_wolf

den_wolf

Here's the proof!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (gurgen @ Feb 16 2004, 07:18 PM)
Why not drop the whole thing?

It's so done and over with.

Well, try to reverse the question. Why not drop the whole feminist thing? It's so unnecessary and pointless to continue with. (unless of course, they want privileges). blink.gif

#229 Nvard

Nvard

Gatita :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:everything..

Posted 21 February 2004 - 04:15 AM

What's fe-mi-nism ?

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

ph34r.gif (super-blonde phrase of the hour)

#230 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:21 AM

Uh oh, there is a cat in my thread. "Fe" minism, and "Fe" lion. Same root. I best leave.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users