Thinking With Brain Or Heart

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Valantina

Valantina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:- Swimming<br>- Traveling<br>- Net/PC<br>- Reading Love stories lool :)<br>- SO MUCH MORE!

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:07 AM

Hey Guys smile.gif

I was just wondering, if you were in a relationship that YOUR heart was 100% into and LOVED the person without a Doubt,
BUT your BRAIN disagrees with u blink.gif it tells you that he is not treating the right way and you deserve better for the way u treat him and all the attention you paying him & the respect...

What would you do in this sort of situations dry.gif

#2 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Valantina @ May 15 2004, 04:07 AM)
Hey Guys smile.gif

I was just wondering, if you were in a relationship that YOUR heart was 100% into and LOVED the person without a Doubt,
BUT your BRAIN disagrees with u blink.gif it tells you that he is not treating the right way and you deserve better for the way u treat him and all the attention you paying him & the respect...

What would you do in this sort of situations dry.gif

Use your brain! Emotions can be tricky when fused with sexual hormones. Before anything serious happens take care that he treats you with respect and courtesy since lot of guys change dramatically for worse once they get the trophy.
Welcome.

#3 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:21 AM

Naw, follow your heart, if heart = emotions, and brain = cold calculating analysis.

Love will never get anywhere if it is based on the latter.

#4 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:31 AM

Meditate and try to find an equilibrum between the two.

#5 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Valantina @ May 15 2004, 10:07 AM)

You're in a better position than I have been a time or a couple... Do NOT listen to your heart. Either listen to your brain, or if you can (as in, if you are better in talking things out than I am) talk it out - that would be putting the theory of Domino' equilibrium into practice. smile.gif I would say it would hurt worse if you were screwed over cruelly in the end. I know, it's spring. dry.gif

#6 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 15 May 2004 - 12:52 PM

Fallow your heart, and use your brain, one can not be without the other, your don’t want to start a conflict between them or you'll end up miserable, as times go by you'll make some mistakes in life, and its ok as long as you use your brain and learn from it, its the only way.

Cheers

#7 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 01:12 PM

Ahhh.... I see everyone has some wise words for you. Conflicts between brain and heart are not easilty resolved. Ultimately you have to decide what's best for you - if this guys not treating you right today - he likely won't be treating you right in the future... so then why put yourself in a situation where you'll be suffering through ill-treatment on a long-term basis? Do what's best for you - not just what feels nice now...

You're lucky it's just a conflict between your heart and brain - if you were a guy, you might have had a third player involved in that conflict... tongue.gif

#8 Valantina

Valantina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:- Swimming<br>- Traveling<br>- Net/PC<br>- Reading Love stories lool :)<br>- SO MUCH MORE!

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ May 15 2004, 11:28 PM)
Before anything serious happens take care that he treats you with respect and courtesy since lot of guys change dramatically for worse once they get the trophy.
Welcome.

I agree with you, it is hard to Love someone when you feel that he doesnt treat you the right way,.. i mean you will be putting lots of energy & time for someone whos not willing to do same for you unsure.gif

But when you truely love him & u got so attached to him.. thats what makes things harder huh.gif sad.gif ...

Thanks Hun smile.gif

#9 Valantina

Valantina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (vava @ May 16 2004, 05:12 AM)
Ahhh.... I see everyone has some wise words for you. Conflicts between brain and heart are not easilty resolved. Ultimately you have to decide what's best for you - if this guys not treating you right today - he likely won't be treating you right in the future... so then why put yourself in a situation where you'll be suffering through ill-treatment on a long-term basis? Do what's best for you - not just what feels nice now...

Thanks smile.gif and that makes alot of sence too wink.gif

You're lucky it's just a conflict between your heart and brain - if you were a guy, you might have had a third player involved in that conflict... tongue.gif
LooooL ... well i am glad i am a girl Coz dealing with 2 conflicts is more than enough tongue.gif LOL

#10 Valantina

Valantina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Edward @ May 16 2004, 04:52 AM)
Fallow your heart, and use your brain,

Easier said than done dry.gif

one can not be without the other, your don’t want to start a conflict between them or you'll end up miserable, as times go by you'll make some mistakes in life, and its ok as long as you use your brain and learn from it, its the only way.

Cheers
But you have a point there smile.gif

But why is it so hard to stay away from someone who are so close & atached to sad.gif

#11 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:15 PM

If there's no respect, who needs love? I say forget about love, it never lasts!! Always go with your gut feeling, it will never fail you... Vava said it best, if his not treating you right now, how most likely wont be treating you right in the future.

Good luck. smile.gif

#12 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (ExtraHye @ May 15 2004, 11:15 PM)
Always go with your gut feeling, it will never fail you...

So that's yet another "organ" we have to consult: as well as "heart feelings" and "head feelings", we've now got "gut feelings" smile.gif smile.gif

(And then there is also that fourth "player" that vava mentioned!)

#13 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (ExtraHye @ May 15 2004, 05:15 PM)
If there's no respect, who needs love? I say forget about love, it never lasts!! Always go with your gut feeling, it will never fail you... Vava said it best, if his not treating you right now, how most likely wont be treating you right in the future.

Good luck. smile.gif

I don't see how one feeling over the other will be more correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users