#1 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

The Bible.

If you are not familiar with Penn and Teller's show "Bullshit", be aware that the video contains bad language and it might be offensive to some. If your feelings are easily hurt, don't click the link.

#2 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Apr 15 2006, 10:28 PM) View Post
The Bible.

If you are not familiar with Penn and Teller's show "Bullshit", be aware that the video contains bad language and it might be offensive to some. If your feelings are easily hurt, don't click the link.

Hey Sip, what are my chances to successfully sue Penn and Teller, or should I ask our intrepid advocate, our legal eagle Gamavor? smile.gif smile.gif
Plagiarism as never before! I didn’t know better I’d say Penn and Teller had taken at least part of his material right from here, from my posts. You do remember I am sure, how many times I have commented on the ridiculousness of the Flood, Jewish slaves in Egypt, the Exodus, the (lack of)authenticity of Moses, lack of even a shred of archeological evidence of 40 years in the Sinai desert… blah, blah…
Yet, the saddest part is that we “stoned” people to death because of it, we still do, we have gone to war because of it, just we are at war now partly based on those fables in that Book.
As you can see it does not take a genius to see all those “holes” if “asshole idiots” smile.gif like Penn and Teller can.
If Penn and Teller were not comedians it would be a sad commentary on man’s (lack of) intelligence.

#3 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:08 PM

Even saddest irony is, that Michael Shermer, the skeptic in the clip is the publisher of Skeptic Magazine and regularly contributes to the Discover Magazine. Here is the irony. If my suspicion may be justified , judging from his surname, he seems to be of Jewish ancestry just as many of the other skeptics. They are skeptics because they know what they are talking about, that it is all an unfunny practical joke, yet us, stupid Christians would not hesitate to die for those fantastic fantasies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users