#21 Vartan Mamigonian

Vartan Mamigonian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Jul 9 2006, 02:18 PM) View Post
Vartan,

This has all been discussed before. I know EXACTLY what you are trying to do and I know EXACTLY your political philosophy. I have expressed very clearly who my favorites are. As I am part-Assyrian, it makes me proud that the highest current US official of the most Armenian heritage is an Armenian/Assyrian mix as am I. She is also a Congresswoman who is respected on both sides of the aisle and a person whose moderate political philosophy corresponds with mine.

She is higher than Judge Der-Yeghiayan in the pecking order. What the hell do I care if he is 100% Armenian and a close associate of my former-in-laws.

Phantom:

Once again, when confronted with the truth, you skirt the issue. I guess you realized your error and you know that you messed up. To err is human, but in your case, you do not admit that you err. The question also is not whether you are part Assyrian. There are lots of Armenians who are a part of different ethnic background, and there are many such people. Since this is an Armenian forum, I raised the question as to who currently is the highest U.S. Government official who is 100% Armenian, and after all the discussions and the record, it's undisputable that there is only one such Armenian, and by now, I am sure you know who that Armenian is, since you have been infatuated with his success. Whether you agree with someone else's philosophy or whether others agree with your philosophy, is irrelevant to the question at hand. As to your statement that you like a Congresswoman who is half Assyrian, that is your right. If you, as part Assyrian and part Armenian, would like to start another topic as to who is the highest ranking part Armenian, you're welcome to express your choice. As to your deep rooted problems, I sense that you expect tolerance from others as to your views, but you don't seem to show any tolerance for the views of others. I really symphatize with your predicament. As to your last sentence that your in-laws are close associate of someone, I have no clue what you're talking about, and I don't believe many other readers do either. If you have personal issues, that is your problem. Get a life!

#22 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Jul 9 2006, 04:14 PM) View Post
Charles Poochigian

Charles Poochigian is a very pragmatc Republican who follows the current party line, but does not wallow in the gutter as do Howard Kaloogian and Craig Missakian. He disagrees with others in a way that is quite collegial and is well-liked by the majority his fellow legislators on both sides of the aisle.

#23 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Vartan Mamigonian @ Jul 9 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post
Are you really an Armenian? Or, are you a self-centered, jealous, and pathetic individual who goes around and disparages other Armenians, who have brought a sense of pride to all Armenians .

Gentlemen, please. Please keep such comments to PMs and emails.

#24 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:29 PM

Perhaps if one of your children or grand-children have to deal with what I experiened you will not be so insensitive. Hell, you are a conservative, why should I expect you to be concerned with the transgressions of your close associates.

QUOTE(Vartan Mamigonian @ Jul 9 2006, 04:24 PM) View Post
Phantom:

Once again, when confronted with the truth, you skirt the issue. I guess you realized your error and you know that you messed up. To err is human, but in your case, you do not admit that you err. The question also is not whether you are part Assyrian. There are lots of Armenians who are a part of different ethnic background, and there are many such people. Since this is an Armenian forum, I raised the question as to who currently is the highest U.S. Government official who is 100% Armenian, and after all the discussions and the record, it's undisputable that there is only one such Armenian, and by now, I am sure you know who that Armenian is, since you have been infatuated with his success. Whether you agree with someone else's philosophy or whether others agree with your philosophy, is irrelevant to the question at hand. As to your statement that you like a Congresswoman who is half Assyrian, that is your right. If you, as part Assyrian and part Armenian, would like to start another topic as to who is the highest ranking part Armenian, you're welcome to express your choice. As to your deep rooted problems, I sense that you expect tolerance from others as to your views, but you don't seem to show any tolerance for the views of others. I really symphatize with your predicament. As to your last sentence that your in-laws are close associate of someone, I have no clue what you're talking about, and I don't believe many other readers do either. If you have personal issues, that is your problem. Get a life!

#25 Vartan Mamigonian

Vartan Mamigonian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Jul 9 2006, 04:24 PM) View Post
Charles Poochigian is a very pragmatc Republican who follows the current party line, but does not wallow in the gutter as do Howard Kaloogian and Craig Missakian. He disagrees with others in a way that is quite collegial and is well-liked by the majority his fellow legislators on both sides of the aisle.

This topic is about high ranking Armenians in the Federal Government, and not about politicians and candidates in State offices.

#26 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:33 PM

Hey Vartan,

Direct your comment to Eurocentic, not I. It was Eurocentic who raised that name of Charles Poochigian in this thread.

QUOTE(Vartan Mamigonian @ Jul 9 2006, 04:29 PM) View Post
This topic is about high ranking Armenians in the Federal Government, and not about politicians and candidates in State offices.

#27 Vartan Mamigonian

Vartan Mamigonian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Jul 9 2006, 04:24 PM) View Post
but does not wallow in the gutter as do Howard Kaloogian and Craig Missakian.

Phantom:

But you're the one who put couple Armenians in the gutter.

#28 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:47 PM

No, Vartan they themselves operate from that gutter. I did not place them there, that is how they approach politics - from the gutter.

QUOTE(Vartan Mamigonian @ Jul 9 2006, 04:43 PM) View Post
Phantom:

But you're the one who put couple Armenians in the gutter.

#29 Vartan Mamigonian

Vartan Mamigonian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Jul 9 2006, 04:27 PM) View Post
Gentlemen, please. Please keep such comments to PMs and emails.

Sip:

You're absolutely right, and there is no place for derogatory comments that Phantom dishes out but he cannot take.

#30 Vartan Mamigonian

Vartan Mamigonian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Jul 9 2006, 04:47 PM) View Post
No, Vartan they themselves operate from that gutter. I did not place them there, that is how they approach politics - from the gutter.

Phantom, Phantom, Phantom:

Aren't you familiar with the 11th Commandment...that "Thou shalt not speak ill of any Armenian."

#31 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:03 PM

That is the 11th Comandment of the Republican Party. I believe that you are confusing yur party loyalty with your loyalty to your heritage. As for me, if any Armenian is working to put me on welfare then I will speak ill of them, yes sir!!!!!

QUOTE(Vartan Mamigonian @ Jul 9 2006, 04:56 PM) View Post
Phantom, Phantom, Phantom:

Aren't you familiar with the 11th Commandment...that "Thou shalt not speak ill of any Armenian."

#32 Vartan Mamigonian

Vartan Mamigonian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Jul 9 2006, 05:03 PM) View Post
That is the 11th Comandment of the Republican Party. I believe that you are confusing yur party loyalty with your loyalty to your heritage. As for me, if any Armenian is working to put me on welfare then I will speak ill of them, yes sir!!!!!

Hey Sip:

Did you hear Phantom's message loud and clear.

Hey Phantom:

You don't have to call me "Sir". By now, I thought we were on a first name basis.

#33 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:21 AM

Glendale City Clerk - Ardashes "Ardy" Kassakhian

Get rid of Adam Schiff and send Ardy to Washington.

#34 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:44 AM

Ardy will get his chance. He is so very young. Adam Schiff will eventually move up. He is very well-liked. No need to replace Schiff, he is doing good for the Armenian Cause.

QUOTE(karakash @ Jul 11 2006, 09:21 AM) View Post
Glendale City Clerk - Ardashes "Ardy" Kassakhian

Get rid of Adam Schiff and send Ardy to Washington.

#35 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Jul 11 2006, 10:44 AM) View Post
Ardy will get his chance. He is so very young. Adam Schiff will eventually move up. He is very well-liked. No need to replace Schiff, he is doing good for the Armenian Cause.

Schiff can take Feinstein's seat and Ardy will very easily take Schiff's. I know Ardy very well. We interned together for Frank Pallone in DC. He is very talented. I am already telling people here in NJ to start writing checks to Kassakhian for Congress. Give it about 5-7 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users