Armenian Highlander

The Resurrection

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Armenology

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Edward @ Sep 24 2004, 03:03 PM)
And who the hell are you do decide who can post here and who can’t? and that’s Domino, this is the last warning you'll get before getting an official one, get you act together and stop insulting members, and this goes for all who are involved here on this thread, otherwise you'll leave no choice for moderators except  closing it.

That is all !

You are loosing it. Are you this high strung in real life as well??? You concern me man. Relax, your going to pop a nerve.

Friend, you obviously have a temper problem - you need a long vacation and some medication. When a 'virtual' world begins to give you uncontrolled tremors, its time to go and sit by the ocean and listen to the soothing sounds of the waves splashing against the rocks, as you watch the sun descend into the horizon. You need to smell the clean breeze of the fresh air as you hear the seagulls chirping above your head. You need to sit under a palm tree and drink some chamomile tea with some French biscuits on the side.

Edward, you are worrying me. I would feel terrible if you had a brain aneurysm brought upon by your uncontrolled rage that, for some inexplicable reason, you portray towards me.

I can almost see the foam spewing out of your mouth. Now... RELAX!!!

#142 Armenian Highlander

Armenian Highlander

The Resurrection

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Armenology

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:53 PM

It is sad that this essentially "anti-Turk" thread is causing such a stir within this virtual Armenian community. Heck, as if everyone is foaming at the mouth every time I make a post. Guys, is it me sad.gif ? Everyone here is practically ganging up on me unsure.gif Damn, what happened to a fair fight? Oh, oh, or better yet... what is the point of attacking a fellow Armenian because of his anti-Turk remarks??? The reactions I am getting here is very, very revealing, not to mention utterly sad.

However, one of the intents of this thread was to overtly attack the genocide mentality (or victim mentality) that most Diaspora Armenians today, such as yourselves, express. Most of you have is mental problem, yet, you do not know it. It’s become a part of your personal character and identity of who you are. This mental disorder is all you are made of and it is your only anchor preserving your ethnic identity. That is why I say God forbid Turks ever recognized the Armenian Genocide - in which case most of you will disappear into outer utopia.

Nevertheless, gamavor did make a good point when he said "That way finally we will get rid of those Armenians whose only connection with being Armenian is the Armenian Genocide. One more reason to push Turkey to recognize it." Yes, I am looking forward to the day when my nations gets rid of certain types of people, nevertheless, I am not holding my breath.

Is gamavor the only one within this forum who sees this?

You people don't have to agree with me over my expressed rhetoric within this thread. However, when you start breathing fire and growing claws every time you see me post, realize that you people have a serious psychological disorder. You are not attacking me because of your ideological and/or rhetoric disagreements with me, you are attacking me because I am challenging what you have believed in all your lives. I am in essence attacking your personal identity - that is why some of you people here are acting like i am devil.

Brilliant ones, I am an anti-Turk, this is MY ideology and I shall be this way for the rest of my life. As an Armenian Nationalist, I can never foresee my noble nation ever again living side-by-side with Turks. Moreover, I firmly believe that the Turkish state will disintegrate within our life times. I would hate to be sleeping at the wheels again, as our grandparents did eighty years ago.

#143 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Armenian Highlander @ Sep 23 2004, 11:20 PM)
You are a prefect examples of what I call - post-genocide self-hate syndrom. Subsequently, your shallow comments are expected.

AH
Enlighten me about my self-hatred! biggrin.gif As for shallow comments? My comments were sufficient in content to expose the deficiency of your arguments. You may have a good heart, meaning your care (?)or love(?) for Armenians however your arrogance conversing with others makes an impression of Porotakhos

#144 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:04 PM

Some on this thread keep saying things like Diaspora Armenians depended on AG for their identity bla bla bla
Total crap!
There have been numerous Armenians who devoted countless hours to counter attack the Turkish denial and Turkish propaganda machine from overtaking US universities with garbage history and this efforts were not done because these Diaspora Armenians had no other connection for being Armenian but because the gravity of the AG issues forces this devoted people to act on their moral conscious! Get it! AG does not define Diaspora whatever!AG only presides as one of many important issues we still have to deal with. It is totally repulsive to say that this well-meaning good-hearted Armenians had nothing better to identify themselves with other then AG. What a preposterous generalization!
Do you actually assume that my family and my kids are depended on AG for my identity? That is a total nonsense! My kids go to Armenian school, sing beautiful Armenian songs and I am proud that they identify themselves Armenian first before American but nevertheless the AG plays no role in their identity! Wife and myself included!
The point here is that don’t disrespect the Armenians who are in minute minority who care about the AG. They should be thanked at least!! The opposite spectrum there exist vast numbers of Armenian who care only about $$$ and korovats.

#145 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ Sep 24 2004, 10:04 PM)
Some on this thread keep saying things like Diaspora Armenians depended on AG for their identity bla bla bla
Total crap!
There have been numerous Armenians who devoted countless hours to counter attack the Turkish denial and Turkish propaganda machine from overtaking US universities with garbage history and this efforts were not done because these Diaspora Armenians had no other connection for being Armenian but because the gravity of the AG issues forces this devoted people to act on their moral conscious! Get it! AG does not define Diaspora whatever!AG only presides as one of many important issues we still have to deal with. It is totally repulsive to say that this well-meaning good-hearted Armenians had nothing better to identify themselves with other then AG. What a preposterous generalization!
Do you actually assume that my family and my kids are depended on AG for my identity? That is a total nonsense! My kids go to Armenian school, sing beautiful Armenian songs and I am proud that they identify themselves Armenian first before American but nevertheless the AG plays no role in their identity! Wife and myself included!
The point here is that don’t disrespect the Armenians who are in minute minority who care about the AG. They should be thanked at least!! The opposite spectrum there exist vast numbers of Armenian who care only about $$$ and korovats.

The claim that the recognition of the Armenian genocide will make the diaspora disapear is a Turkish propaganda. The Turks claims that the genocide is an invention to keep the Armenian identity.

To claim that the genocide is responsable of keeping the Armenian identity, one must measure the consequences of such a recognition on the parametters we use to qualify what is an Armenian.

Would the recognition change anything on the knowledge of the Armenian language? Will parents stop sending their children in Armenian schools? Will Armenians start talking less Armenian as a consequences? Will they start eating less Armenian food? Will they stop frequenting Armenians as a consequences? Will they stop listing Armenian music? Will they etc...?

It is true that the Armenian genocide give a common causes for the Armenians to fight for, past that, I don't see how someone can say that the genocide maintain the diaspora. Am I missing something? Matbe TB could enlighten me about this if he is reading this thread.

And beside that, claiming such thing is a disrespect to people that fight to get the genocide recognised, to inform about the genocide, to educate etc...

Edited by Edward, 27 September 2004 - 03:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users