33 replies to this topic

#1 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:44 PM

Tell us how you view yourself-yes,this is your chance to express your every self glory and the negatives as well.Have a ball!

#2 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 03:49 PM

I always want to be the center of attention. When I go to the funeral I feel bad that I'm not the corpse.

#3 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 04:02 PM

i am quite hotblooded!! which could be both a good and a bad thing--as temper flares!! ~~though nowadays something reaaaally big has to happen to get on my nerves since other people's ignorance is theirs, not mine~~~ tongue.gif so that just leaves me with a lot of good energy to spare!! smile.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif ---and one thing i can't stand is when people are too shy!! especially girls!! but with guys it's fun and adventurous to try and "get rid of" the shyness, granted they don't have social anxiety disorder or something like it!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

#4 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 31 January 2004 - 04:41 PM

bruin, Im on another blind date tonight, but this time cant walk away coz its a family friend. tongue.gif

#5 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Armat @ Jan 31 2004, 02:44 PM)
Tell us how you view yourself-yes,this is your chance to express your every self glory and the negatives as well.Have a ball!

I don't have negative personality traits. I'm the perfect man........ dry.gif

Well, I'm pretty confident in myself, and I try not to sound arrogant when getting my point across, and sometimes being too blunt gets me into trouble -- other than that, I pretty much like who I am, except when it comes to the temper part. I have a really bad temper (if you haven't guessed so already... rolleyes.gif ), and am VERY intolerant of people who bash others every step of the way, especially on public forums. It goes to show that they do it because they want to feel good about themselves, hence a lack of self-esteem.

Hey hyebruin, I'm kinda shy, so you wouldn't stand me? sad.gif cry.gif Well, not always, I'm just shy around family friends -- outside the family circle, I pretty much don't know what 'shyness' means lol. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

#6 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 31 January 2004 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Jan 31 2004, 01:49 PM)
I always want to be the center of attention. When I go to the funeral I feel bad that I'm not the corpse.

DUDE, love your humor. LMAO

#7 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 05:01 PM

I can be OK with an Armenian being smarter than me. But when an Armenian hurts my emotions, self-esteem is the minimum price I'll pay to eat his heart.

#8 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 07:56 PM

Im kewl with people, and takes a lot to get me in a fight, (verbal argument is not a fight)... But thats the only ting im patient with really. lol.. I love to fool around with friends and stuff act like a dork and make a fool of myself in public. I know when not to also.. hmm... somethings people dont think are a big deal, but they really get to me, especially people you hve to repeat things too... lol.. But im full of love smile.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif cool.gif

#9 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 10:25 PM

Tonatsar jan tonatsa
inch sirunes o paytsar
es inch lavn es
es inch lavn es
chors koxmuh looys o paytsar

#10 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 10:42 PM

looks like somemouse is having post holiday blues.... sad.gif ..... biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif tongue.gif ...here's the solution: sing something like this:

ko acher@ acher@ hervitz en indtz nayel wub.gif
ko acher@ acher@ hervitz en h@mayel wub.gif wub.gif
lalalalalalalaaaaaaa tongue.gif

or!!! one of my ol' time favorites!!

tsagheekner, tsagheekner, tsagheekner berem inlove.gif
sirun jan ko jampen zukem zardarem... hug.gif
indtz nayeer mek ankam heranam aysbes hug.gif
chee'manas te ov em, ov em yeghel yes wink.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

#11 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 10:44 PM

I don't know any of these songs except the christmas one. huh.gif laugh.gif

#12 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 01 February 2004 - 02:36 AM

Well, Armat, how do you view yourself? smile.gif tongue.gif

#13 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 01 February 2004 - 03:12 AM

i used 2 get put down alot for my looks...people saying that if i work out a bit more id be prefect...blah blah blah..jsut society's expectations...but when it comes 2 personality and dealing with people..im totally confident..what puts my self esteem down alot is when people treat me like im supid, because i can be very gullible and sometimes "meeamit" as people say...i hate it when people judge me and think that im not smart enough...like in high school..but i always use their negative energy and work hard 2 achioeve my goals and show them what i can do...but in the end..all that matters is you and your close friends and family..outside people come and go..so why let them hurt you?!!

#14 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 05:13 AM

Self-esteem is something that narcissists are thought to have but which they actually don't.

#15 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 05:14 AM

I was thinking of starting a thread along similar lines, but it was going to be more technical and perhaps a bit more fun and explorative albeit easier to answer. Maybe another time, or maybe sooner than another time.

#16 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 10:39 AM

Speaking of self-esteem... A story.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ine/3128203.stm

#17 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 04:25 PM

wow!! that's some face! looking at her features and minimizing them in my head, she has the potential to be very pretty....or should i say pretty "in current societal measures" that is!!--- heck, if i looked like her and got all the stares and emotional abuse i would lash out more often than i probably should!!! though living with it your whole life will drain your energy if you had to respond to every ignorant comment!!..i wonder if they can give anti-growth hormone at a young age to stop the progression!! gotta look that up...

#18 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 01 February 2004 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Feb 1 2004, 05:13 AM)
Self-esteem is something that narcissists are thought to have but which they actually don't.

sorry, but id have to disagree...there are limits to everything..if used properly and without extremeness, everything can be great...narcissism is a psychological disorder...and having confidence in certain things doesnt imply narcissism...IMO

#19 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ Feb 1 2004, 10:28 PM)
sorry, but id have to disagree...there are limits to everything..if used properly and without extremeness, everything can be great...narcissism is a psychological disorder...and having confidence in certain things doesnt imply narcissism...IMO

Actually, my post was off-topic. I didn't mean to imply self-esteem is a no-no, my bad for it looking like that.

#20 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:34 AM

What I like about myself - I am programmed to grow nerves of steel.
What I don't really like about myself - I have a temper that would make a pregnant elephant look like a docile puppy. I'm a bundle of contradictions thus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users