#162 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Azat @ May 17 2008, 10:40 PM)
Ani jan I am one of those people who does not want a child and any person who knows me would tell you that I am no where close to being selfish. I LOVE kids. they are great and have 9 little cousins who i think are awesome and would give up everything for them but at the same time i dont think i will ever be able to raise a child thus i dont want that responsibility.

as for sex... reproduction is only small part of sex. there are many many other reasons including the highest form or expression of love for your mate

Azat Jan, that’s why I said that I used to think that way…it was way back when I saw the world in pink from my immature point of view smile.gif …today I actually understand and respect them (and you know I respect you a lot) because as I said above raising a child is a very difficult and never ending process…Harut said in one of the posts above, that human kind is the most complex creature but effortless to make…I have to disagree, because effortless might be just getting sand and stone for the building, but to built, to organize, to furnish, etc. takes enormous effort…and chances of success are low…

#163 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (MosJan @ May 17 2008, 11:27 PM)
joghovurd es inch gortsy eq ??

eh...Movses Jan...Kyanqic xorata kenenq...smile.gif

#164 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,391 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

apricot.gif ok

#165 Em

Em

Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:33 PM

Why do people in Somalia, Angola or Niger have children? What kind of a deranged person would bring life into this world under such horrible conditions? What "hope for the future" do they see? I think the ultimate act of selfishness is having the third, fourth, ninth child after witnessing the deaths of the preceding ones. How can one be so cruel to such a helpless being? I know some people would like to kill me for what I am about to say, but I honestly feel that children who are brought forth to live in poor villages without clean water, daily bread and some sense of security and safety in their environment are better off not living at all. If I was a young woman who could not escape such a situation; if I was forced to live in these conditions myself, I would opt to become sterile. Why subject a helpless soul to such misery and hardship? Knowing full well.. and willingly ? NO WAY!

I don't know what the solution is or what repercussions will come with stopping them from becoming pregnant, yet I DON'T care. I wish they are prohibited from procreating until they can create tolerable conditions for the living children.

I wish that the children of the world are not exposed to unending periods of hunger, of unspeakable violence, of molestation or rape.

By the way, I completely agree that while creating a child may be the easiest thing to do (for some)- sustaining, nourishing, supporting and enabling that person through LIFE is the hardest endeavor any person can take on. It is a 24 hours a day job. No vacations or sick days. Even if you are physically resting, your mind is still on the job. Every day you succeed and fail simultaneously. Becoming a parent entails forgetting about your own life- your SELF- and living for the primary and sole purpose of caring for another. Many people are not willing or may not be capable to give up as much. Thank God they realize it early on and do not become parents. And for those who aren’t certain, I would absolutely suggest that they visit a household with a small child for an entire week and participate in caring for the child. I am sure that will be a very eye-opening experience.

#166 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Ani @ May 17 2008, 09:22 PM)
I will not try to answer the philosophical “why” part of the question…Because that question can be answered numerous times and still remain unanswered…

The answer to the question “why do we reproduce or what drives or motivates us to have children?” is different for each of us, depending on our views, intersts, etc…Research shows that most women feel “whole” after becoming a mother, it has to do with rising estrogen levels, which effects emotional and physical state of a woman…Hetanos mentioned number of reasons , another reason I see some women have children for very often is to tie their husbands (or partners)…This never works and makes the existence miserable for everyone…Having children myself I , personally, think that one has to be in a very stable emotional (and physical) smile.gif state, and simply be ready for the huge responsibility …

I remember that I always wanted to have children, I really did, …when someone asked me “why” I did not have an answer…I thought to myself, what was the reason I wanted to have children when I was young, maybe it simply was my reflex and desire to become a mother…

Sex is a physical need…Humans have primary and secondary needs, some researchers say that sex is a primary need next to food and water (of course for some people its primary and for some its not a need at all tongue.gif ), and reproduction is a consequence of the sexual act… Animals reproduce as they eat, sleep, run, defend themselves, etc…Its simply a reflex…For humans also It was simply a reflex, mixed with pleasure caused by chemicals in brain, for ages… until we started to “think”…
I always thought that people who do not want to have children are selfish… selfish sounds rude… I mean a person who values his/her comfort, career that took them years to accomplish , organized lifestyle with steady hours for lunch, rest, dinner, sleep and realizes that children are gonna destroy all that…(which is btw true smile.gif )…Today I think they are just practical people who know what they need and when…

I'm thinking of the bigger picture. With all procreating beings. Trees, bugs, sea creatures, mammals, and so on.

Why would some small male spiders have sex if they knew that the much larger females might eat them after they're "done"? It's a death sentence for them just for the females to have a few billion offspring that they won't even take care of afterwards.

Why do male lions kill all of the offspring of a pride that they win from the older male(s)? The only lion cubs that are spared are the females that are very close to maturity. What kind of hope is that for the cubs? Or the pride? Or the species?

Why do female green flies reproduce exact copies of themselves when they have no partner?

Why do some animals commit acts of cannibalism against the young of their own "kind" or "species"?

Why do animals that raise their young defend them with more fervor when they are older rather than younger?

What is going on in the bigger picture and the broader scheme of things?

Why do dogs, which are basically domesticated and reshaped wolves, go into "heat"?

That makes sex almost like a "need" right?

Why do female hyenas have fake p**es?

To get rid of the "urge" with eachother?

Why is sex a "need" or a "reflex"?

So, in the bigger picture, what is sex and why do procreating beings do it and reproduce?

To me sex seems like the precursor to reproduction rather than reproduction being a consequence of sex. That's how I'm viewing the whole concept right now.

Of course the questions are answerable in different ways for individual people when they give "human based" answers on their own conditions and opinions but the process of reproducing is similar for many living beings. Sex isn't exclusively a human thing so why only think of it in terms of humans? The body obviously operates with a purpose in almost everything that it does. So what is the reason for all of this?

I want to say some things about human sexual behavior too but I think it might be inappropriate to post in public. It'll definitely be objectionable and distasteful. I'm not really in the mood to offend people.

I'm a little confused, I guess. I think I need to go for a walk or something and just think about it some time.

#167 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

Something else I want to add.

Why do some female fish lay unfertilized eggs and males of the same species "spray" sperm? They actively seek the eggs and not the females. No humpin' and pumpin' involved. That's a really complicated "need" or "reflex" isn't it? Similar concept applies with many plants.

Edited by Zara, 19 May 2008 - 05:52 PM.

#168 LK82

LK82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

Cool topic. As far as sex is concerned, I like to think that sex is an art and we the artists.

#169 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

Zar jan - there is a good reason why seahorses are one of the few animals in the animal kingdom that I HATE, literally!!! Have you ever seen how they reproduce? Female seahorses produce the eggs and they transfer the eggs into the male seahorses, the male seahorses give the actual birth... Now spraying is ok, as long as she delivers the beasts, but having the males give birth is sickening when you think about it!!!

#170 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

Not to forget - those species that spray the are safe - they stay away from aids and stuff!!! tongue.gif

#171 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:33 PM

Should we make a topic out of this--err-- topic?

Ash, aren't you glad you're not a seahorse?

#172 LK82

LK82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

A topic about a topic? As you wish, rest assured my two-cents will be thrown in.

#173 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

Still I Rise

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

--Maya Angelou

#174 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

Dulce et Decorum Est

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of disappointed shells that dropped behind.

GAS! Gas! Quick, boys!-- An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And floundering like a man in fire or lime.--
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,--
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

--Wilfred Owen

NOTE: Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori means "it is sweet and right to die for your country". Dulce et decorum est means "it is sweet and right".

We Wear the Mask

We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,--
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.

Why should the world be overwise,
In counting all our tears and sighs?
Nay, let them only see us, while
We wear the mask.

We smile, but, O great Christ, our cries
To thee from tortured souls arise.
We sing, but oh the clay is vile
Beneath our feet, and long the mile;
But let the world dream otherwise,
We wear the mask!

--Paul Laurence Dunbar

Edited by Zara, 20 May 2008 - 02:36 PM.

#175 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Em @ May 19 2008, 02:33 PM)
Why do people in Somalia, Angola or Niger have children? What kind of a deranged person would bring life into this world under such horrible conditions? What "hope for the future" do they see? I think the ultimate act of selfishness is having the third, fourth, ninth child after witnessing the deaths of the preceding ones. How can one be so cruel to such a helpless being? I know some people would like to kill me for what I am about to say, but I honestly feel that children who are brought forth to live in poor villages without clean water, daily bread and some sense of security and safety in their environment are better off not living at all. If I was a young woman who could not escape such a situation; if I was forced to live in these conditions myself, I would opt to become sterile. Why subject a helpless soul to such misery and hardship? Knowing full well.. and willingly ? NO WAY!

Em jan, why do people in poverty stricken places have children? It might be cruel to say, but it's because they aren't as enlightened as you are to realize that they shouldn't have kids in those conditions. It's lack of education, lack of knowledge. That's why we have the civilized versus the uncivilized worlds.

QUOTE (Em @ May 19 2008, 02:33 PM)
I wish that the children of the world are not exposed to unending periods of hunger, of unspeakable violence, of molestation or rape.

And thus the reason why I don't believe in God.

#176 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

Zar jan - I am glad I am me!!! I am glad I am not anything - anyone - else!!!

#177 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

Blue Nude by Pablo Picasso

This is one of my all-time favorite paintings.

#178 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

For guests viewing the art:

There is more art that can be viewed but you need to register and either click on the painting here or go to the gallery section of my profile.

Edited by Yervant1, 20 May 2008 - 09:35 PM.

#179 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

Zara jan, es rqruitmentes anum??

#180 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ May 20 2008, 07:46 PM)
Zara jan, es rqruitmentes anum??

No. It's just that attachments get lost in the topics and forum. This way, it's just art and other images that I like in just one area. Just keeping myself a little organized, that's all. smile.gif

Also, it's a feature that's really nice here and not too many people seem to be using it, so why not?

Edited by Zara, 20 May 2008 - 09:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users