• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#141 LK82

LK82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

I share similar sentiments about self knowing, understanding, and the pursuit to knowing others.

I exist regardless of where, or who I am. I’m here speaking to you and you are there speaking to me.
Who I become is the product of my conscience mind; the question’s we ask are part of the life we choose to live. The question of trying to understand why we are here and why we exist.

I give thanks every day I awake and am able to operate, not because it’s part of a routine, instead its how I begin to understand my day, before anything I am human, before anything else I would like to be a fully functioning and healthy human.

I use to think a lot in the subject’s of reason to why things are the way they are, whether it be in the personal arena or generally related to life.

But once I got to world corruption I realized that it wouldn’t make a difference of how I felt about life, because life would go on with me in it or without. The only way I could continue with life the way I would like to see it, would be for me to remove myself from the every-day normal existence of it, and place myself into a sanctuary where the world is removed from me, but not I from the world.

Until then, I’m just a person like everyone else, sometimes I choose to think about things others don’t. Sometimes I like to continue my day with a happy thought of waking up healthy. Other times I find myself knee-deep in situations or subjects.

If you’re questions help you feel better, then more power to you, after-all what’s life without reason. smile.gif

#142 AK-47

AK-47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:Armenian history, music, sports, politics...the usual stuff.

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Zara @ Apr 30 2008, 05:16 PM)
But it makes me feel

small.

Insignificant.

Unimportant.

Funny thing is I haven’t even started thinking about how small people are in comparisons to this universe.

Or even compared to time.

Nice thought Zara. This reminded me of the Pale Blue Dot quote from Carl Sagan who said:

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."

#143 StverDJ

StverDJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Zara @ Apr 30 2008, 01:09 PM)
Depends. What was the question?

Hey. Thanks.

What question is usually answered with pick a corner? tongue.gif wink.gif

#144 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (LK82 @ Apr 30 2008, 06:48 PM)
If you’re questions help you feel better, then more power to you, after-all what’s life without reason. smile.gif

I never said the questions make me feel better.

#145 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (AK-47 @ Apr 30 2008, 10:05 PM)
Nice thought Zara. This reminded me of the Pale Blue Dot quote from Carl Sagan who said:

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."

Thanks.

There's something else I've been thinking about but I don't really want to write about anything today. Not a good day.

#146 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

We Real Cool

THE POOL PLAYERS.
SEVEN AT THE GOLDEN SHOVEL.

We real cool. We
Left school. We

Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We

Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We

Jazz June. We
Die soon.

--Gwendolyn Brooks

#147 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

Zara jan, welcome back!!! Where have you been???

#148 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ May 7 2008, 07:58 PM)
Zara jan, welcome back!!! Where have you been???

Around. I've been very busy lately.

#149 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

Zar jan, hima vor mi ban grem, gnalues u mi erku orits patasxanes???
vontses asa tesnenq, inchoves zbaghvats???

#150 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ May 9 2008, 04:12 PM)
Zar jan, hima vor mi ban grem, gnalues u mi erku orits patasxanes???

Mi erku or kspases? Im patasxan@ patrast chi.

I left right after I posted the previous poem.

QUOTE (Ashot @ May 9 2008, 04:12 PM)
vontses asa tesnenq, inchoves zbaghvats???

Lav em.

Lots of things. Both expected and unexpected.

Edited by Zara, 09 May 2008 - 06:29 PM.

#151 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:06 PM

It's funny how much people appreciate things when they're finally gone.
Even if it's for a short time.

I appreciate and miss a lot of things.

I miss not

caring

or

thinking before acting.

Not worrying,

Or

judging.

Being free of headaches.

Painless.

Stoical.

Feeling________________________________________________________________ nothing.

Just

living.

But

why care so much now?

Why think between the lines,

Beyond what other people say?

Why desire being wanted

or needed?

Why want to be successful

or wealthy?

Why desire to survive?

What about

QUOTE (Zara @ Apr 27 2008, 09:53 PM)
your own flesh and blood?

Why feel the need to have kids

or take the responsibility to raise them?

To keep them safe from harm

And hope for them to be successful?

Why?

Why do people want these things and not others?

What is it that drives people to want them?

What's the point?

Where will all of this end?

Death?

Something less significant?

Or more?

Are we a part of something much greater and older than we believe to be a part of?

Do we have a purpose beyond what we can fathom?

Are we being

used?

why do people have thoughts?

A conscience?

Why do we think?

And use logic?

Is there a reason?

I'm pretty sure someone out there can ballpark what's driving me to think about all of this.

There's only one thing running through my mind that seems to stand out to me:

QUOTE (Zara @ Apr 27 2008, 09:53 PM)
your own flesh and blood

#152 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Zar jan, inchies jghaynatsel??? Ova xatrit kpel???

#153 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

everyone likes to boast about their accomplishments and creations... a human being is the most complex object that one can create (yet so effortless to do)... the only option for many and the last ditch effort for others...

#154 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ May 15 2008, 08:27 PM)
Zar jan, inchies jghaynatsel??? Ova xatrit kpel???

Do I really sound angry? huh.gif I'm just thinking about things and trying to be very neutral with my own feelings.

Edited by Zara, 16 May 2008 - 05:35 PM.

#155 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Harut @ May 15 2008, 09:26 PM)
everyone likes to boast about their accomplishments and creations... a human being is the most complex object that one can create (yet so effortless to do)... the only option for many and the last ditch effort for others...

Ironic isn't it? But what I'm curious about is why.

Why do we make them? What's the real reason for sex and reproduction?

We obviously don't have to have offspring. No creature has to produce offspring. But most creatures do. Why?

What drives most beings to reproduce?

Even the ones that may or may not find a partner?

There are more questions but that's a fundamental starting point for me.

#156 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Zara @ May 16 2008, 04:45 PM)

We obviously don't have to have offspring. No creature has to produce offspring. But most creatures do. Why?

It's the desire for hope for the future. Because we know that we are all mortal beings, yet it's easy to accept that fact when we know that we will continue to live in our offsprings.

#157 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

http://hyeforum.com/...showtopic=10044

#158 hetanos

hetanos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

I think God or Whoever was very clever to combine pleasure with reproduction in human beings. On the other hand, Some people chose to have an offspring due to societal and cultural pressure. Some needed more children to work in family farm settings(true with agrarian societies). Some are insecure about themselves and would like to transfer their miseries to their children. Some deeply regretted to have children(in case of my Mom). I don't really know. I guess, in the past, people relied more on their children to take care of them when they age... No simple answer.

In my case , I still weight. What happens if the child grows up and on his or her stupid teenage years despises everything about you? What then? 15 years of miseries? Midlife crisis, Russian rullet, hard drinking, death? Has to be buried by the person who despised you all these years?(:
Btw. Some people just love to have children:)

Edited by hetanos, 17 May 2008 - 04:04 PM.

#159 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

I will not try to answer the philosophical “why” part of the question…Because that question can be answered numerous times and still remain unanswered…

The answer to the question “why do we reproduce or what drives or motivates us to have children?” is different for each of us, depending on our views, intersts, etc…Research shows that most women feel “whole” after becoming a mother, it has to do with rising estrogen levels, which effects emotional and physical state of a woman…Hetanos mentioned number of reasons , another reason I see some women have children for very often is to tie their husbands (or partners)…This never works and makes the existence miserable for everyone…Having children myself I , personally, think that one has to be in a very stable emotional (and physical) smile.gif state, and simply be ready for the huge responsibility …

I remember that I always wanted to have children, I really did, …when someone asked me “why” I did not have an answer…I thought to myself, what was the reason I wanted to have children when I was young, maybe it simply was my reflex and desire to become a mother…

Sex is a physical need…Humans have primary and secondary needs, some researchers say that sex is a primary need next to food and water (of course for some people its primary and for some its not a need at all tongue.gif ), and reproduction is a consequence of the sexual act… Animals reproduce as they eat, sleep, run, defend themselves, etc…Its simply a reflex…For humans also It was simply a reflex, mixed with pleasure caused by chemicals in brain, for ages… until we started to “think”…
I always thought that people who do not want to have children are selfish… selfish sounds rude… I mean a person who values his/her comfort, career that took them years to accomplish , organized lifestyle with steady hours for lunch, rest, dinner, sleep and realizes that children are gonna destroy all that…(which is btw true smile.gif )…Today I think they are just practical people who know what they need and when…

#160 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:40 PM

Ani jan I am one of those people who does not want a child and any person who knows me would tell you that I am no where close to being selfish. I LOVE kids. they are great and have 9 little cousins who i think are awesome and would give up everything for them but at the same time i dont think i will ever be able to raise a child thus i dont want that responsibility.

as for sex... reproduction is only small part of sex. there are many many other reasons including the highest form or expression of love for your mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users